Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
One of the hardest fantasy seasons I can ever remember from a week 1 perspective. City being the best team in the league but so prone to rotation is complicating things for me.

Can see people getting lucky depending on what City player they pick i.e. it wouldn’t surprise me if the won a couple of their first six fixtures 5-0 or something daft. If you manage to pick to right player (Aguero? Sane? Mahrez?) you could get a huge haul.

Huddersfield, Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham, Cardiff, Brighton in the first seven fixtures. It doesn’t get any better than that.

laughtersassassin

This is the team i came up with. Never found it so hard before. Not confident in it at all. What do you guys reckon? Lukaku is undecided for me waiting to see if Jose gives any indication but i got a feeling he might start.

goo.gl/Dc8zDD - Link to my team as im not allowed to post pictures

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
One of the hardest fantasy seasons I can ever remember from a week 1 perspective. City being the best team in the league but so prone to rotation is complicating things for me.

Can see people getting lucky depending on what City player they pick i.e. it wouldn’t surprise me if the won a couple of their first six fixtures 5-0 or something daft. If you manage to pick to right player (Aguero? Sane? Mahrez?) you could get a huge haul.

Huddersfield, Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham, Cardiff, Brighton in the first seven fixtures. It doesn’t get any better than that.
I've got Mendy and Ederson to cover city. Know they won't be scoring but at least they'll play :lol:

C3Pique

Ederson
Robertson/Davies/Cedric/Ward
Salah/Sanchez/Mahrez/Jorghino
Firmino/Wood

GW1 lineup with 2m in the bank to either upgrade to an 11m striker or swap Cedric for a premium defender. Don't know who will start for us or Chelsea and don't want to gamble on Auba for the first 2 fixtures compared to Firmino.

kps88

If you pick and stick for those first seven fixtures, I think it'll be worth it even if they miss the odd game. You can always upgrade to De Bruyne once he's back as he's usualy rotation proof.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck, dilemma. Please help:

Ederson
Mendy, Davies, Jonny
Salah, Alexis, Schurrle, Pedro
Aubamayang
, Zaha, Tosun

Subs: Norris, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka, Zanka

OR

Ederson
Ake, Davies, Jonny
Salah, Alexis, Cairney, Ozil
Aguero
, Zaha, Tosun

Subs: Norris, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka, Zanka

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Was thinking he's going to be bang on for a goal or an assist for the first game and a potential captain.

Salah will everyone's choice but for the purposes of being Utd's stand out player. He should be up there.
FPL is a game of probability as well though, and let’s face it Salah is more proven at Liverpool than Sanchez is here, at the moment.

If Sanchez starts well it’s easy enough to jump ship from someone else and get him in, not so easy with Salah.

podurban2

Ederson
Robertson/Davies/Cedric/Ward
Salah/Sanchez/Mahrez/Jorghino
Firmino/Wood

GW1 lineup with 2m in the bank to either upgrade to an 11m striker or swap Cedric for a premium defender. Don't know who will start for us or Chelsea and don't want to gamble on Auba for the first 2 fixtures compared to Firmino.
Or sell Ward and bring in a £6.5 midfield player with an upside like Pedro, Richarlison, Jota, Sessegnon.

C3Pique

Or sell Ward and bring in a £6.5 midfield player with an upside like Pedro, Richarlison, Jota, Sessegnon.
Burnley defenders are guaranteed returns! I'll keep some cash spare to jump on whatever cheap bandwagon pops up early, but I think Jorghino will be good for bonus points and is first name on the team sheet under Sarri.

Also have Cairney and Wan-Bissaka on the bench.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
One more position to fill, what's your opinions on the best of the bad bunch here?

Cahill, Clyne, Bertrand or Coleman?

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Is this for full members only as it gives me an error when I wanted to find the league code.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Ederson
Mawson-Alonso-Keane-Francis
McArthur-Salah-GroB-Willian
Kane-Lukaku

Not sure how I feel about my team, need help.

klsv

Ederson
Kane-Lukaku

Lukaku started training today, head Kane will be back on Monday. If they play any role in the first two GW's it will probably be from the bench and probably won't be too sharp.

Davs

This post may seem a stupid question given the original post and seeming previous years of Fantsy Football completed here on the Caf.

However do we have a Sun Dream Team for Caf users or is it just the Premier League one?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ederson
Kane-Lukaku

Good chance neither Kane and Lukaku don’t start GW1. Also, having those two and Salah is a massive part of your budget, I’d sacrifice one of the strikers.

Fosu-Mens

Ederson
Kane-Lukaku

Hazard will/may score loads for Chelsea in their system under the new coach.
Gross price to high, Jota form Wolves instead.
Kane/Lukaku not expected to start GW1 as mentioned, and will not be fully fit for some time. Mitrovic will start for Fulham at home against CP. £6.5 can be a bargain. Austin will give a decent output if he stays fit.
Everton in general is a big unknown, might consider swapping Keane for another defender.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Avoid Everton defenders, the defence is awful. Been conceding goals at will in pre-season and it’s not just a new system, the centrebacks and defensive midfield are genuinel6 awful.
Jagielka is past it and Michael Keane turns like a double decker bus with the same acceleration.

I’m picking a team for the first 4 gameweeks and expecting to wildcard then.
Is Luke Shaw expected to start the season playing this year?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So far I got:

Pickford
Daniels Coleman Cedric
Sanchez salah Jorginho schurrle
Aguero firminho arnautovic

Thoughts?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
My current team is:

Ederson
Shaw-Alexander-Arnold-Targett
Salah-Eriksen-Sane-Richarlison
Tosun-Aubameyang-Zaha

The defence is liable to change. If Shaw and Arnold look like starting the season then they’ll stay.
Richarlison may be changed for Barkley/Jota or someone else but he’s looked Everton’s best player (not that difficult tbh) in the minutes he’s played so far.
And it’s between Aubameyang and Aguero for main striker.
I’m expecting to wildcard after gameweek 4 which is fine.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
MF is too thin. Down grade one striker. Beef up a MF.
Lukaku started training today, head Kane will be back on Monday. If they play any role in the first two GW's it will probably be from the bench and probably won't be too sharp.
Good chance neither Kane and Lukaku don’t start GW1. Also, having those two and Salah is a massive part of your budget, I’d sacrifice one of the strikers.
Hazard will/may score loads for Chelsea in their system under the new coach.
Gross price to high, Jota form Wolves instead...
Cheers lads, making amendments now.

kps88

Is Luke Shaw expected to start the season playing this year?
Looks like it. I'd look at our lineup tonight against Bayern for confirmation. I'm still a bit uncertain with having him because he's been pretty bad in preseason, so there's a possibility Jose loses patience and drops him.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
My current team is:

Ederson
Shaw-Alexander-Arnold-Targett
Salah-Eriksen-Sane-Richarlison
Tosun-Aubameyang-Zaha

The defence is liable to change. If Shaw and Arnold look like starting the season then they’ll stay.
Richarlison may be changed for Barkley/Jota or someone else but he’s looked Everton’s best player (not that difficult tbh) in the minutes he’s played so far.
And it’s between Aubameyang and Aguero for main striker.
I’m expecting to wildcard after gameweek 4 which is fine.
Clyne has been the main starter at RB during pre season although TAA only just linked back up with the squad. Gomez has been used in his preferred CB position so would think Clyne and TAA will be the two fighting for that RB spot with Gomez as emergency cover but will ultimately be fighting for a spot at CB.
Also had the same dilemma over Aguero and Aubameyang. Opted for Aubameyang as Aguero might get rotated with Jesus unless Pep goes with two up top.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
So stuck here :lol:

Got a feeling I’m not gonna have a great year. Can’t ever remember feeling so indecisive.

Tempted to have Aguero / Auba up top with Tosun, with Salah / Mane / Sane in midfield but the defence is poor.