Fantasy Premier League 18/19

podurban2

My current team:
Pickford
Mendy-Coleman-Robertson
Jota-Salah-Mkhi-Sané
Aguero-Zaha-Tosun

Subs: Speroni, Wan-Bissaka, Malone, Hudson-Odoi
I'm wondering if I should switch Sané with either of Erikssen or Mané. It's a tricky one. Thoughts?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I'm seriously struggling getting Salah in without sacrificing too many other players. How have 50% of people got him in and been happy l

Goes back to that Ronaldo season when you thought, nah, he's not worth the money and soon after you were like "oh feck". But I just don't see Salah doing a Ronaldo season again when you could get probably 4 of De Bruijne / Hazard / Lukaku / Kaane / Erikson if you miss out Salah.

Arghhh!!
I considered not having him in my team but looking at the stats from last year you really cant do without him. 32 league goals and 12 assists.
Like Ronaldo when he was on fire you just have to have him, I expect Liverpool to come flying put the blocks this year with West Ham, Palace, Brighton and Leicester as their first 4 games.
If he does blank in his first couple of games then you wont be alone either as he has 52% ownership. At that price he can be easily transferred out too but I dont expect that to be an issue. He makes captain pick easy as well as he'll be my default captain all season.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My current team:

I'm wondering if I should switch Sané with one of Erikssen, Mané or Sanchez. It's a tricky one. Thoughts?
I did. Can't be doing with the headache of having £9.5m sitting on the bench which will inevitably happen. It's certainly a tricky decision. I feel like you need 2/3 City players because they'll inevitably storm it again but you'll also need a semi decent bench to cover for the fact there will be rotation.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
My current team:

I'm wondering if I should switch Sané with either of Erikssen, Mané or Sanchez. It's a tricky one. Thoughts?
As an Everton fan I really cant stress this enough but I would not have any Everton defenders near any Fantasy Football team. We are so poor at the back at the minute. That may change with signings but we've been conceding goals for fun during pre-season. Pickford didnt play any of those games but theres only so many saves he can make. Every time a team attacks we're so wide open. Jagielka and Keane have no pace, Schneiderlin (also slow) and Gueye cant pass or do anything with the ball. Its a real problem.
Coleman may pop up with the odd assist/goal but you're looking for clean sheets from your defence.

In fact betting wise put Everton in your both teams to score bets every week. You'll clean up.
As is Wolves could score for fun this weekend.

Reactions: Sultan

coolredwine

lameredboots
Is KdB supposed to play on the weekend? I have a headache with Sanchez and our bleak attack, so looking at options to replace Sanchez with.

Or should I let it run given we face Leicester and Brighton?

podurban2

I did. Can't be doing with the headache of having £9.5m sitting on the bench which will inevitably happen. It's certainly a tricky decision. I feel like you need 2/3 City players because they'll inevitably storm it again but you'll also need a semi decent bench to cover for the fact there will be rotation.
Who did you go for instead?

SteveTheRed

Is KdB supposed to play on the weekend? I have a headache with Sanchez and our bleak attack, so looking at options to replace Sanchez with.

Or should I let it run given we face Leicester and Brighton?
The good thing is that KdB is 0.5m cheap so even if a load of people jump ship from Sanchez and KDB price goes up you have a couple weeks to make that move.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Don't see many mentions of Fred. He'll surely be playing a big part from the off and could be threatening for assists? I've not watched much of preseason but heard positive things. At 6m I'm very tempted to put him in place of Jota or Cairney.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don't see many mentions of Fred. He'll surely be playing a big part from the off and could be threatening for assists? I've not watched much of preseason but heard positive things. At 6m I'm very tempted to put him in place of Jota or Cairney.
He’ll be deeper most likely and can’t see him being allowed to get forward too much.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Revised team (again)

- - - - - - - - Alisson - - - - - - - -
- Azpilicueta - Maguire - Davies
Salah - Meyer - Mkhitaryan - Sessegnon
- Aubameyang - Firmino - Zaha -

Bench
Stekelenburg
Jazz Richards
Stephens
Malone

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He’ll be deeper most likely and can’t see him being allowed to get forward too much.
That was my initial thoughts but it sounds like he's looked quite creative from what I've seen?

Edit: what a terrible sentence. I'm gonna leave it

podurban2

As an Everton fan I really cant stress this enough but I would not have any Everton defenders near any Fantasy Football team. We are so poor at the back at the minute. That may change with signings but we've been conceding goals for fun during pre-season. Pickford didnt play any of those games but theres only so many saves he can make. Every time a team attacks we're so wide open. Jagielka and Keane have no pace, Schneiderlin (also slow) and Gueye cant pass or do anything with the ball. Its a real problem.
Coleman may pop up with the odd assist/goal but you're looking for clean sheets from your defence.

In fact betting wise put Everton in your both teams to score bets every week. You'll clean up.
Cheers, mate. So Pickford would be a worse pick this season than last as well?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pretty happy with mine here..

Foster
Wan-B Shaw Robertson
Salah Eriksen BSilva McArthur
Aguero Firmino Zaha

Patricio Doherty Peltier Stephens

0.5 leftover to replace Shaw.
Plan on rotating keepers this season, hence two 4.5s. Not sure if there's a better option than Foster, or who to start in first game (Foster v Brighton, Patricio v Everton).
Also not sure whether to start Wan-B v Fulham or Doherty v Everton.

Managed to get BSilva in, over Fred or whoever else.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Possibly my final team:

Ederson (Norris)
Daniels Mee Tomkins (Malone TAA)
Jota Eriksen Schhurle Salah (Cairney)
Zaha Aguero Firmino

Will sub in TAA if he is guaranteed to start, or may get in some 5.0 defender and get in Allison

JmRssll555

Thoughts on this team?

Foster - Ryan

Azpilicueta - Mendy - Robertson - Shaw - Wan Bisaka

Salah - Eriksen - B. Silva - Pedro - Hudson Odoi

Arnautovic - Aguero - Kamara

Only just swapped Sane and Callum Wilson for Hudson Odoi and Aguero after the Community Shield. May also swap Hudson Odoi for an alternative £4.5m.

glorious

Is Richarlison gonna be a starter for Everton? How was his preseason?

AgentP

Are you planning on going 4 at the back?
Looks solid, my concern would be no Salah and Sanchez in there as well.
Yes. Going for 433. I had Salah in my team but then made some changes to bring in Aguero after his 2 goals against Chelsea in the Community Shield!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm afraid if i buy Aguero he will have an injury plagued season. I mean, he still scores 20+, but Aubameyang is also a very good option. But i'm not sure if Aubameyang will play out wide with Lacazette forward.
If that's the case, he isn't worth the amount.

So difficult to decide :houllier:

Cantonaaa!

David Luiz and Lovren worth considering?
Lovren is very interesting at 5.0, but might not start Gw1. Luiz I read something about not fitting in Sarris system with 4 at the back..but really don't know.

Is Richarlison gonna be a starter for Everton? How was his preseason?
Yes. Good I think.

I'm afraid if i buy Aguero he will have an injury plagued season. I mean, he still scores 20+, but Aubameyang is also a very good option. But i'm not sure if Aubameyang will play out wide with Lacazette forward.

I'm getting Aguero. Can't decide between Auba and Lacca so going Mkhi for the long run. Reckon he'll be playing everything. Might need to ship out either Firmino or Aguero for Auba/Lukaku/Kane at some point but I think for now Aguero is the safest pick.

Ady87

Current Team:

Cech
Sanchez Rudiger Shaw
Sane Mkhi Richarlison Schurrle
Aguero Aubameyang Firmino

Subs: Ryan Cedric Bennett £4.5m

Open to swapping Shaw for another £5m defender.

SteveTheRed

He could be a steal. I really don't know enough about Fred though, haven't seen him play much and whether he will be a threat.

He seems similar to Herrera in position, and I wouldn't think about having Herrera in my team

Lacazette could be a great option if him and Auba link up well and he leads the line. Arsenal are a complete mystery to me this season though, they could win the league or just sneak a top 10 finish.

onemanarmy

Get Son out, he won’t be playing much.
Really, why? He was very important for them last year? Or did I miss something?

Edit: just read about his unavailability. Crap! Might get Eriksen and trade in Bellerin for a cheaper defender.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He could be a steal. I really don't know enough about Fred though, haven't seen him play much and whether he will be a threat.

He seems similar to Herrera in position, and I wouldn't think about having Herrera in my team

Lacazette could be a great option if him and Auba link up well and he leads the line. Arsenal are a complete mystery to me this season though, they could win the league or just sneak a top 10 finish.
Yeah possibly. He looks like a more dynamic players with better technical ability though. Will see how he pans out I think. I've managed to squeeze BSilva in instead anyway. Pep rotates a tonne but if I set and forget he should get a good return.

SteveTheRed

Yeah possibly. He looks like a more dynamic players with better technical ability though. Will see how he pans out I think. I've managed to squeeze BSilva in instead anyway. Pep rotates a tonne but if I set and forget he should get a good return.
I like the idea of having B.Silva in the team, if he gets a run of games early he could easily cement his place in the team and rack up points.

ROFLUTION

So.. Who does people think could rise a couple of points in value over the first 2-3 gameweeks? Players like Hegazy last year

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So.. Who does people think could rise a couple of points in value over the first 2-3 gameweeks? Players like Hegazy last year
It's a complete guess. Who could have guessed that Hegazy would have last year for example?

We need an rvn

I like the idea of having B.Silva in the team, if he gets a run of games early he could easily cement his place in the team and rack up points.
Problem with City is they have so many very good attacking players that you couldn't see him guaranteeing a game. IMO the only player who can do that is De Bruijne. Wingers they've got B. Silva / Sane / Mahrez / B Silva.