Fantasy Premier League 18/19

IrishRedDevil

That’s a great score. What was your bench boost team?
Yeah I needed a good score after a horrible anti-climax last week on my WC.

Shame about losing the Brighton and particularly the Southampton clean sheets late on, but I’m sure many people are in the same boat.

Last edited:

Frank Grimes

Of course Eriksen would bang in a goal for me and take away 10/11 points at the same time. Didn't even get 1 bonus. Frustrating but would have been a lot worse had someone else scored I suppose.

Nickosaur

Gutted for Brighton but at least Eriksen got the goal last night.

I'm on 84 with Doherty, Jimenez (C), Aguero, Laporte and Martial still to play. Aiming for at least 100, I think that would be a great score this week. Hopefully that would push me into the top 30k.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Unbelievable string of bad luck this week...

De Bruyne captain injury in the first game (transferred in for Eriksen), Lloris missing out, double Watford clean sheet wiped out in injury time in the first game (Cathcart came in for Dunk), Southampton clean sheet wiped at the death last night. 1 assist, 4 cleans and no goals from 22 players so far.

Pathetic 60 pts (-8) with Aguero, Stering, Jimenez, Jota, Doherty left. Not expecting all of them to play tonight and the only ones where a haul might make a difference are realistically Jota and Doherty.

Rank dropped from 975 to 2210.

Luckily I'm miles ahead in my mini leagues so no more hits this season. Just boring sensible transfers for the next 3 weeks and obvious captain picks. Season kind of over with a whimper sadly.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Unbelievable string of bad luck this week...

De Bruyne captain injury in the first game (transferred in for Eriksen), Lloris missing out, double Watford clean sheet wiped out in injury time in the first game (Cathcart came in for Dunk), Southampton clean sheet wiped at the death last night. 1 assist, 4 cleans and no goals from 22 players so far.

Pathetic 60 pts (-8) with Aguero, Stering, Jimenez, Jota, Doherty left. Not expecting all of them to play tonight and the only ones where a haul might make a difference are realistically Jota and Doherty.

Rank dropped from 975 to 2210.

Luckily I'm miles ahead in my mini leagues so no more hits this season. Just boring sensible transfers for the next 3 weeks and obvious captain picks. Season kind of over with a whimper sadly.
Unlucky buddy. You've just had the week I have every week :lol:

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Thinking about Triple captaining Mane against Huddersfield on friday. Surely no rotation as they have plenty of rest in between Huddersfield and Barcelona?

coolredwine

lameredboots
85 with Jimenez (c) and Doherty left to play. Guess I am gonna fall down hard in rankings if any one of the cnuts haul tonight.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah I can't complain too much. Still had a great season. Just fecked it on captain choices recently, made a few silly decisions (with hindsight) and got unlucky with the chips.
Man I had a slow start this year but saw a massive resurgence until the blank game week. Then it all went downhill from there. West Ham conceding 3 to Huddersfield was the beginning of the end for me. That's what I get for forward planning.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I don't mean to be that guy...but 134 after BPS, triple Wolves and Gray differential really helped

Top 15,000 in the world right now :D

diarm

I don't mean to be that guy...but 134 after BPS, triple Wolves and Gray differential really helped

Nice!

I've 101 points which is grand but a little frustrating with my Bench Boost played. My 3 attackers played six games between them and scored zero goals. It's the first time I can remember Jiminez letting me down this season as well after I captained him.

IrishRedDevil

Nice score, well done!

I got 125.

Bednarek annoyingly conceded late last night and Kolasanic was a very poor choice by me - don’t know what I was thinking. Both those scored 2 points only :rolleyes:

Probably could have picked a better Captain than Aguero, but happy enough with the rest of the team though.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Nice score, well done!

I got 125.

Bednarek annoyingly conceded late last night and Kolasanic was a very poor choice by me - don’t know what I was thinking. Both those scored 2 points only :rolleyes:

Probably could have picked a better Captain than Aguero, but happy enough with the rest of the team though.
Cheers! I captained Sterling and was hoping for more from him.

Annoyed at losing Brighton clean sheet late but was fortunate it was Eriksen so ended up breaking even

And I know what you mean, conceding late drives me up the wall!

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Nice!

I've 101 points which is grand but a little frustrating with my Bench Boost played. My 3 attackers played six games between them and scored zero goals. It's the first time I can remember Jiminez letting me down this season as well after I captained him.
Nice! I imagine he’ll do the business against Fulham which is in a couple weeks

diarm

You must have been very close to the top of the world GW rankings? I think the highest score anywhere this week was 135!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bang on 100. Not exactly great for a dgw with bb

Also not great considering I'm not that keen on my team now :lol:

Frank Grimes

109(-8). Acceptable but a bit disappointing considering the 4 midweek games didn't go well. The hits have set me up for the rest of the season though and really like my chances of pushing on in the last 3 gameweeks with my triple captain still available.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wtf was I thinking bringing Kolasinac in :houllier:
I swear to God, never listen to what the internet says.

I brought him thinking there must be a reason every cnut is mentioning him.

Nope. No reason. Just the usual, once a name gets a bit of wind behind it everyone is just repeating it.

Skåre Willoch

132 points. Very, very happy with that, but can't help thinking I could've gotten more. Stupid move to go for Trippier, and Deulofeu over Docouré was always the right choice. I also promised myself earlier this season to never go anywhere near Aufraudeyang again, but somehow he lured me back in. I put the armband on Duffy, which turned out to be a decent decision after all.

Still. 132 points is better than most.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
132 points. Very, very happy with that, but can't help thinking I could've gotten more. Stupid move to go for Trippier, and Deulofeu over Docouré was always the right choice. I also promised myself earlier this season to never go anywhere near Aufraudeyang again, but somehow he lured me back in. I put the armband on Duffy, which turned out to be a decent decision after all.

Still. 132 points is better than most.
Problem with this game is you can't help but look at where you could have done better. I finished on 127 points and I still can't help but be annoyed that I captained Jiminez for him to only get 4 points in 2 games. Only 2 of my players would have been a worse choice for captain.

Anyway that's the wrong way to think - Very happy with 127! Puts me top of all my mini leagues that matter.

Skåre Willoch

Problem with this game is you can't help but look at where you could have done better. I finished on 127 points and I still can't help but be annoyed that I captained Jiminez for him to only get 4 points in 2 games. Only 2 of my players would have been a worse choice for captain.

Anyway that's the wrong way to think - Very happy with 127! Puts me top of all my mini leagues that matter.
Yeah, it's terrible, really. I'm gunning for my best OR by far, with a great score this gameweek, and somehow I still manage to feel miserable. I guess that's what makes it oh so addicting as well, though.

I'm also on top of all the mini leagues that matter, most of them by a lot as well. Barring a monumental collapse, bragging rights and a decent chunk of cash will be mine in a couple of weeks. ;)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Yeah, it's terrible, really. I'm gunning for my best OR by far, with a great score this gameweek, and somehow I still manage to feel miserable. I guess that's what makes it oh so addicting as well, though.

I'm also on top of all the mini leagues that matter, most of them by a lot as well. Barring a monumental collapse, bragging rights and a decent chunk of cash will be mine in a couple of weeks. ;)
I just had a look at my OR history out of interest. My best was 50,214 in the 16/17 season. No memory of doing that well! I'm currently 80,587 this season.

IrishRedDevil

My worst decision of the season probably. Don't think I can take him out either so may just hope he bangs in the last 3 gameweeks.
I swear to God, never listen to what the internet says.

I brought him thinking there must be a reason every cnut is mentioning him.

Nope. No reason. Just the usual, once a name gets a bit of wind behind it everyone is just repeating it.
He will be sitting on my bench the last 3 games, so he will probably score loads of points.

Skåre Willoch

My previous best is 30 000 in 15/16, but back then it was only something like 3 million players. The same rank today would be far more impressive.

Nickosaur

I got 107. Annoyingly Jimenez blanked both games and Doherty couldn't get his clean sheet last night, but overall pretty happy with that. Laporte has been insane for me the last few weeks.

Looking to play TC this weekend. Mane v HUD. Can't really see a better option (although if I had Salah I'd put it on him).