Fantasy Premier League 18/19

JmRssll555

Problem with City is they have so many very good attacking players that you couldn't see him guaranteeing a game. IMO the only player who can do that is De Bruijne. Wingers they've got B. Silva / Sane / Mahrez / B Silva.
True, but there are two other things to consider with B. Silva, I think. Firstly, he can play more centrally than Mahrez and Sane tend to play and he played there on Sunday. Also, Pep has indicated that D. Silva is likely to have his minutes managed this season, so B. Silva won’t necessarily have to displace him to get in the team.

Secondly, B. Silva is fairly cheap and City have amazing fixtures in the first 10 GWs. Therefore, if B. Silva misses a couple of games, he may still outscore Mhkitaryan, for example, over that same period even if Mhkitaryan plays every game.

I’ve got B. Silva in my team and I’m 99% sure he’ll still be there at the GW1 deadline. If he doesn’t play much, he can easily be swapped out for Lingard, Pogba, Mhkitaryan or Ramsey, depending on who is in form.

C3Pique

I'm going Aguero/Mahrez/Mendy for City. Mendy looked very attacking yesterday and Mahrez was on FKs, I think he's guaranteed to start at least until Sterling is back up to speed.

We need an rvn

True, but there are two other things to consider with B. Silva, I think. Firstly, he can play more centrally than Mahrez and Sane tend to play and he played there on Sunday. Also, Pep has indicated that D. Silva is likely to have his minutes managed this season, so B. Silva won’t necessarily have to displace him to get in the team.

Secondly, B. Silva is fairly cheap and City have amazing fixtures in the first 10 GWs. Therefore, if B. Silva misses a couple of games, he may still outscore Mhkitaryan, for example, over that same period even if Mhkitaryan plays every game.

I’ve got B. Silva in my team and I’m 99% sure he’ll still be there at the GW1 deadline. If he doesn’t play much, he can easily be swapped out for Lingard, Pogba, Mhkitaryan or Ramsey, depending on who is in form.
damn it, stop make me changing my team!!!!

ROFLUTION

Current well-nerded team, hoping for an Alderweireld swoop to give me 3 Utd defenders + Alexis

Ederson
Mendy-Shaw-Smalling-Alderweireld
Salah-Mane-Alexis-Cairney
Aguero-Sørloth

Billing, Quaner, Peltier

0.5 in the bank, allowing me to do an Aguero+Sanchez to Auba+Sterling move after two rounds, depending on how things go. Or simply 5.5 to switch Shaw to Luiz after two rounds. Feeling comfortable - Also a few potential risers mixed with security

IrishRedDevil

Current well-nerded team, hoping for an Alderweireld swoop to give me 3 Utd defenders + Alexis

Ederson
Mendy-Shaw-Smalling-Alderweireld
Salah-Mane-Alexis-Cairney
Aguero-Sørloth

Billing, Quaner, Peltier

0.5 in the bank, allowing me to do an Aguero+Sanchez to Auba+Sterling move after two rounds, depending on how things go. Or simply 5.5 to switch Shaw to Luiz after two rounds. Feeling comfortable - Also a few potential risers mixed with security
You’ll not be able to make any transfers with 4 United players in your team, you’ll have to use a transfer to remove one of them first.
Also no idea why you’d want 3 defenders from the same team - one goal conceded and you lose 3 clean sheets in one go.

ROFLUTION

You’ll not be able to make any transfers with 4 United players in your team, you’ll have to use a transfer to remove one of them first.
Also no idea why you’d want 3 defenders from the same team - one goal conceded and you lose 3 clean sheets in one go.
I dont plan to. Thats exactly why Ill save my two subs to sub either Alexis or Shaw after two games. Either Shaw or Alexis will go, and Ill still be on top of things - able to see who hits form in other teams. It opens the door for two big players coming in.

Its a bit high risk, but that high risk can also be managed well after two (easy) games

dannymc1309

Block defences is a common strategy and although the downside you’ve mentioned is obvious, there is also a clear upside. If you fancy a team in the short term to achieve well in defence, then why not double down on them? To achieve a great weekend with many clean sheets you need only the one team that you fancied to hold the clean sheet, whereas with 5 different teams (GK&4DEF) you are rarely if ever going to have that perfect week. Even on the odd occasion that you did, so did everybody else.

Just different strategies, but lots of eventual top 10k managers will have started out with (or semi) block defences.

Mighty Boosh

Thoughts on my team?

De Gea
David Luiz Mendy Robertson Tomkins
Salah Mahrez Pedro Hughes
Aguero Lacazette

Subs: Cairney Kamara Wan Bissaka Speroni

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
McArthur or Cairney?

McArthur was linking up with Zaha well last season, so as long as he stays I feel fairly confident.

Lots of people talking about Cairney though. Believe he's on set pieces? Could still go either way of course - either the bargain player everyone else swoops in for when they realise, or everyone's just been repeating his name like how people get behind the latest transfer rumoured player they've never heard of.

Jacob

feck the defence

Hmm, very LFC heavy. A costly mistake if Liverpool fail to perform in any game.

Also wary of Pep's tendency to rotate Aguero. Until Lukaku and Kane are back, it might make sense still.

SteveTheRed

It's pretty good team, I'd swap Mane for Eriksen/Sane just to allow for Livepool feck ups.

Jacob

I think Lindelöf might cement a starting spot this season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The WC has made this a real pain this year, early wildcard almost certainly required.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So is the RedCafe league the one in the OP? OR is it a different one that you need a magic PM to access?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Think this is going to be my final side.
Suggestions?

Ondrej

Only full members I guess? If not can someone send a link my way please?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Lloris
Jonny, Mendy, Cedric
Salah, Richarlison, Alexis, Cairney
Lacazette, Aguero, Zaha

Subs: Norris, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka, Zanka

OR

Schmeichel
Jonny, Mendy, Cedric
Salah, Richarlison, Eriksen, Cairney
Aubamayang, Aguero, Zaha

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Lloris
Jonny, Mendy, Cedric
Salah, Richarlison, Alexis, Cairney
Lacazette, Aguero, Zaha

OR

Schmeichel
Jonny, Mendy, Cedric
Salah, Richarlison, Eriksen, Cairney
Aubamayang, Aguero, Zaha

For the second one, why not change Zanka to Peltier and keep Lloris? He's only bench fodder anyway?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
For the second one, why not change Zanka to Peltier and keep Lloris? He's only bench fodder anyway?
Good point. But may get Ederson actually or Allison. Not convinced on Lloris anymore, especially with talks of Toby Alderweirald leaving. Think they may get found out this season.