Fantasy Premier League 18/19

SteveTheRed

feck your price rise B.Silva. I'm prepared to wait. I will buy you at 7.8 if I have to.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
A lot of my mates played their WC.

Think I'm better off waiting to see how the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Aubamayang etc do before pulling the trigger.

People forget that attackers will in the end most likely out-point fullbacks

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Going to be scouting the feck out of the press conference over today and tomorrow. I'm clueless as to what to do for my team right now. Already brought in Bernando Silva for Pedro, which I kind of already regret as I wish I had tweaked my defence instead.

The Purley King

What do people think about the below?
Was thinking Kante in for Cairney as Fulham looked so shit last week. Other option is Trippier out and Alonso in. Or I could leave as is and have 2 free transfers for next week. Have £1m in the bank.

Fabianski BOU (H)
Mendy HUD (H) CAPTAIN
David Luiz ARS (H)
Holebas BUR (A)
Bernardo Silva HUD (H)
Jota LEI (A)
Richarlison SOU (H)
Mané CRY (A)
King WHU (A)
Agüero HUD (H) VICE CAPTAIN
Firmino CRY (A)

Bench:
McCarthy EVE (A)
Robertson CRY (A)
Trippier FUL (H)
Cairney TOT (A)

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Was thinking Kante in for Cairney as Fulham looked so shit last week. Other option is Trippier out and Alonso in. Or I could leave as is and have 2 free transfers for next week. Have £1m in the bank.

Fabianski BOU (H)
Mendy HUD (H) CAPTAIN
David Luiz ARS (H)
Holebas BUR (A)
Bernardo Silva HUD (H)
Jota LEI (A)
Richarlison SOU (H)
Mané CRY (A)
King WHU (A)
Firmino CRY (A)

Bench:
McCarthy EVE (A)
Robertson CRY (A)
Trippier FUL (H)
Cairney TOT (A)
Nice team - I think Silva or Aguero would make better captain options though. Maybe start Trippier ahead of Holebas or Luiz - he probably won't play, but if he does I imagine it'll mean points. Unless he comes on for the final 5 which would be annoying.

No Salah though - you're brave.

Red Star One

Fabianski BOU (H)
Mendy HUD (H) CAPTAIN
David Luiz ARS (H)
Holebas BUR (A)
Bernardo Silva HUD (H)
Jota LEI (A)
Richarlison SOU (H)
Mané CRY (A)
King WHU (A)
Firmino CRY (A)

Bench:
McCarthy EVE (A)
Robertson CRY (A)
Trippier FUL (H)
Cairney TOT (A)
I’d play Robertson ahead of Holebas and maybe consider Jota -> Bernardo for free, if you fancy the other Silva to get some gametime. Other than that all looks great and I love Mendy (C) - considering him myself!

Edit/// oh just noticed you have Bernardo. I’d bank the transfer then.

The Purley King

Nice team - I think Silva or Aguero would make better captain options though. Maybe start Trippier ahead of Holebas or Luiz - he probably won't play, but if he does I imagine it'll mean points. Unless he comes on for the final 5 which would be annoying.

No Salah though - you're brave.
I have a feeling Trippier might just come on for the last 10 mins or something, so think I'll leave him out. He wasn't even on the bench last week. I did think about Salah, but he's so expensive and Mane did OK last year points-wise for £3.5m less. I'll probably regret that in a few weeks though :) Salah looked great last week, but West Ham were pretty shit and it won't be that easy every week.

littlepeasoup

I'm considering the -4 hit too, swapping out Alexis for Bernardo Silva. Gives me a fair amount of change in the bank too, and if Sanchez scores a brace or something at the weekend, my elation of IRL football will probably eclipse my disappointment of fantasy football.
I need this impending decision to be validated. :D Yes, no?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Fabianski BOU (H)
Mendy HUD (H) CAPTAIN
David Luiz ARS (H)
Holebas BUR (A)
Bernardo Silva HUD (H)
Jota LEI (A)
Richarlison SOU (H)
Mané CRY (A)
King WHU (A)
Firmino CRY (A)

Bench:
McCarthy EVE (A)
Robertson CRY (A)
Trippier FUL (H)
Cairney TOT (A)
You're barmy having Robertson on the bench. They may concede but it's all about his assist potential anyway.

The Purley King

You're barmy having Robertson on the bench. They may concede but it's all about his assist potential anyway.
Yeah that is a good point, thanks for mentioning.
Think I’ll swap Robertson for holebas. I do think Liverpool will struggle a bit though but you’re right he could get an assist anyway

James Peril

Yeah that is a good point, thanks for mentioning.
Think I’ll swap Robertson for holebas. I do think Liverpool will struggle a bit though but you’re right he could get an assist anyway
My whole Fantasy-season will be about jinxing Liverpool, for reals. Salah capatain away to all the top team, especially us.

Harabo

Fabianski BOU (H)
Mendy HUD (H) CAPTAIN
David Luiz ARS (H)
Holebas BUR (A)
Bernardo Silva HUD (H)
Jota LEI (A)
Richarlison SOU (H)
Mané CRY (A)
King WHU (A)
Firmino CRY (A)

Bench:
McCarthy EVE (A)
Robertson CRY (A)
Trippier FUL (H)
Cairney TOT (A)
I would keep the same team, no transfers. Play Robertson and Trippier instead of Holebas and Jota and you have pretty nice team. King is probably the biggest liability, but West Ham's defence is awuful, so ce can get points. See what happens in GW2 and then you will have better idea what exactly to change and you will have two free transfers to do it.

SteveTheRed

17/08/2018 Price Changes

Overnight Rises:
Bernardo Silva £7.6M

Overnight Fallers:
Bolasie £5.9M
Lookman £5.4M
Albrighton £5.4M
Shaqiri £7.4M
De Bruyne £9.9M

Keep on falling KdB!

daveoliver91

Good morning guys,

Can you please advise if my team is good enough for this week or if should make a change, etc..

Alisson (Speroni)
Azpiliqueta - Stones - Shaw (Schindler + Kelly)
Sanchez - Jorginho - Eriksen - Mane - Fernandinho
Aguero (C) - Firminio (Kamara)

Really appreciated guys!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good morning guys,

Can you please advise if my team is good enough for this week or if should make a change, etc..

Alisson (Speroni)

Really appreciated guys!
It looks better than mine. I wouldn't do anything this week if I were you.

SteveTheRed

Foster (Speroni)
Azpilicueta - Mendy - Doherty (Bellerin + Ban-Wissaka)
Sanchez - Pedro - Sessegnon - Salah (c) (Kenedy)
King - Lazazette - Tosun

My team , putting Bellerin on the bench hoping the Doherty outscores him. I feel like I have a lot of players who could be getting binned if they don't play. Pedro, Lacazette, Sessegnon, Sanchez !

Bolal7700

Is schlupp worth it atm? He’s a defender on fpl but played on the wing against Fulham with PVA and wan as fullbacks

The Purley King

Foster (Speroni)
Azpilicueta - Mendy - Doherty (Bellerin + Ban-Wissaka)
Sanchez - Pedro - Sessegnon - Salah (c) (Kenedy)
King - Lazazette - Tosun

My team , putting Bellerin on the bench hoping the Doherty outscores him. I feel like I have a lot of players who could be getting binned if they don't play. Pedro, Lacazette, Sessegnon, Sanchez !
i think Pedro's days are numbered as Hazard will be coming back shortly, maybe even this weekend. Fulham looked very average (I think they've signed 10 players or something like that, so only 1/2 the team are the team that got them promoted) and as good as Sessegnon is I don't think he'll have as big an impact this season, especially in a team that might struggle. Personally I'm going to steer clear of Arsenal forwards as they looked (understandably) a bit disjointed. Might get one in later when they start to organise themselves and have some easier opponents.

SteveTheRed

i think Pedro's days are numbered as Hazard will be coming back shortly, maybe even this weekend. Fulham looked very average (I think they've signed 10 players or something like that, so only 1/2 the team are the team that got them promoted) and as good as Sessegnon is I don't think he'll have as big an impact this season, especially in a team that might struggle. Personally I'm going to steer clear of Arsenal forwards as they looked (understandably) a bit disjointed. Might get one in later when they start to organise themselves and have some easier opponents.
Yes I think Arsenal, after the Chelsea game, have a nice run to get themselves in some form. Really thought Pedro was nailing down him spot, but maybe Willian is taking his place.

We shall see how they fair this weekend.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Any advice would be great:

Ederson (Fabianski)
Robertson Trippier Mandy
Neves Jorginho B.Silva Salah Sanchez
Arnautovic Zaha

Subs
Duffy
Bennett
Rashford

Red Star One

Looks like I'm going Bernardoless these days. Hoping badly Everton does well. Still not sold on captain - considering Kun, Mendy and Salah...

Skåre Willoch

Any advice would be great:

Ederson (Fabianski)
Robertson Trippier Mandy
Neves Jorginho B.Silva Salah Sanchez
Arnautovic Zaha

Subs
Duffy
Bennett
Rashford
That's a decent team.

I would save the free transfer, and get rid of Rashford for someone better. Way to expensive player to have sitting on the bench. Why not have Kamara, then. Rashford won't play that many minutes this year anyway, and probably be subbed on most of the time, or subbed off when he manage to get a start. Tosun, Mitrovic, Jimenez and King are all equally priced or cheaper. Get rid, buy a cheaper option for the forward position, upgrade Arnautovic.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That's a decent team.

I would save the free transfer, and get rid of Rashford for someone better. Way to expensive player to have sitting on the bench. Why not have Kamara, then. Rashford won't play that many minutes this year anyway, and probably be subbed on most of the time, or subbed off when he manage to get a start. Tosun, Mitrovic, Jimenez and King are all equally priced or cheaper. Get rid, buy a cheaper option for the forward position, upgrade Arnautovic.
I replaced Sessengnon with Jorginho so will transfer Rashers out next GW.

Sanchez needs to go as well.

Brinky

Good morning guys,

Alisson (Speroni)

Really appreciated guys!
I would only suggest a replacement for Fernandinho, taking up a potential City place.

TheRedGoat

What is everyone tactic with goalies? I had de gea in my team most of last season and really not sure if it's a waste of money? Should I scale down on the goalie and invest the extra cash elsewhere?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What is everyone tactic with goalies? I had de gea in my team most of last season and really not sure if it's a waste of money? Should I scale down on the goalie and invest the extra cash elsewhere?
Depends. Every time I try the old "get two cheapish keepers and rotate based on fixtures" method, I screw up. Therefore, this season, i've done a "set and forget" with DDG but might swap him for Kepa.

Two cheap keepers (4.5 each) who rotate would cost a total of 9 but I'd prefer one good keeper (5.5) and one that's (4.0), totalling at 9.5.

That extra .5 will mean no headaches and a keeper that's expected plenty clean sheets over the season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Depends. Every time I try the old "get two cheapish keepers and rotate based on fixtures" method, I screw up. Therefore, this season, i've done a "set and forget" with DDG but might swap him for Kepa.

Two cheap keepers (4.5 each) who rotate would cost a total of 9 but I'd prefer one good keeper (5.5) and one that's (4.0), totalling at 9.5.

That extra .5 will mean no headaches and a keeper that's expected plenty clean sheets over the season.
Why don't you just get a normal cheap keeper and use him without rotating? The difference between a 4.5m Fabianski and a 6m DDG was only something like 20pts last year.

roseguy64

I'm unable to swap out De Bruyne due to already swapping out Lovren this week. Sucks that I'll lose value on him. Going to bring in Pogba as soon as the next gameweek starts before any further changes. Cancels my plan to bring in Lukaku. I might just do it as well and take a 4pt hit.

Varun

Staff
Picked Ederson but I can understand someone picking Fabianski. Don't think a 2nd keeper is worth spending more than the minimum 4 on in any case.
I'm unable to swap out De Bruyne due to already swapping out Lovren this week. Sucks that I'll lose value on him. Going to bring in Pogba as soon as the next gameweek starts before any further changes. Cancels my plan to bring in Lukaku. I might just do it as well and take a 4pt hit.
I'm guessing you have a sub who will step in and get you a decentish total while you wait this GW out?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Was gonna set and forget Kepa but needed the extra £0.5 so went with a 2 x £4.5m rotation (McCarthy/Patricio). I'll probably go back to the set and forget option when I wildcard though if I've got the funds. And it might not necessarily even be a £5m+ keeper.

Neo_Mufc

So after making my first mistake of GW1 by going for Sane, Mahrez Trent instead of Mendy, Jota and Mane, I've decided after a week of deliberation to get rid of Sane.

I think with KDB out that will only cement Bernando Silva's position as his natural replacement. Considering he scored against Arsenal I don't see any reason why Pep would take him out. He will likely keep him in to build up some form and confidence so I very much doubt he will be benched.

Sterling made a dramatic comeback and scored, another one who I am surprised to have featured so quick. Maybe Pep decides to rest him after seeing what happened with KDB and give Sane I chance? I really hope not because I'll be pissed but for the moment I have to say I need someone who's going to almost guarantee me 90mins.

Sane might start, he might not. He could even come off the bench after 70mins once City are 2+ 3+ .

I've brought in Eriksen, he genuinely could have had a hattrick of assists against Newcastle if it were not for some of the Spurs finishing. Fulham looked poor against Palace at Home. I doubt they will put up much of a fight against a Spurs side who looked great.

SteveTheRed

It's crazy that Sterling, scored 229pts last season...only behind Salah and yet only picked by 3.4%. £11m is pricey but he could easily score the same account if not more this season.