Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Which is more important this week?

• Getting Hazard back in (would take a -4 and downgrading Kane)
  • Upgrading Pereya to Martial (free)
  • Moving Kane down to someone

VP

Aguero or Jesus this week? Any idea who will start?

Should be Jesus since Aguero started midweek but can never be sure with this fraud..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm giving the airmband to Wilson this weekend. Got a feeling he will score. Going with the lineup of:

Patricio
Robertson Keane Luiz
Hazard Richarlison Fraser Mane Martial
Aubameyang Wilson

With Doherty, Mitrovic, Wan-Bissaka and Speroni on the bench.

Hoping for a good return from Auba who disappointed for the past three weeks. I'm reluctant to take him out as I can only sell him for £11.1m and he's worth £11.5m already.

Nickosaur

I'm giving the airmband to Wilson this weekend. Got a feeling he will score. Going with the lineup of:

Patricio
Robertson Keane Luiz
Hazard Richarlison Fraser Mane Martial
Aubameyang Wilson

With Doherty, Mitrovic, Wan-Bissaka and Speroni on the bench.

Hoping for a good return from Auba who disappointed for the past three weeks. I'm reluctant to take him out as I can only sell him for £11.1m and he's worth £11.5m already.
I'd be careful with Wilson. Played the full 90 on Wednesday despite just coming back from an injury. Hazard is a safer bet.

Sarni

I'd be careful with Wilson. Played the full 90 on Wednesday despite just coming back from an injury. Hazard is a safer bet.
I want to get rid of Hazard, won't captain him. He's getting me numbers but EVERYONE in my league has him and it's incredibly boring. I'll stick with Wilson, expecting him to play and score.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm spoilt for choice in terms of Captain: Hazard, Auba, Sterling, Sane, Wilson. Think I'll go with Sane.

If Sterling doesn't deliver double figures against palace at home, he's being swapped to Salah.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm spoilt for choice in terms of Captain: Hazard, Auba, Sterling, Sane, Wilson. Think I'll go with Sane.

If Sterling doesn't deliver double figures against palace at home, he's being swapped to Salah.
I could do Sterling to Salah by doing Auba to Lacazette. It's a tough choice and very sideways, but if timed right it'd be very good for me as the guy just above has such a similar team now.

daveoliver91

Hi guys,

Just need a bit of advice here..
My current team is: Alisson; Wan-Bisaka, Robertson, Bellerin, Young ; Lucas Moura, Snodgrass, Sterling, Richarlisson; Auba and Kane.

Bench: Doherty, Success and Obiang.

Not sure who should I transfer.. Lucas Moura? Snodgrass? Wan-Bis?

Would appreciate some advise here :)
Many thanks guys!

Varun

Staff
Hi guys,

Just need a bit of advice here..
My current team is: Alisson; Wan-Bisaka, Robertson, Bellerin, Young ; Lucas Moura, Snodgrass, Sterling, Richarlisson; Auba and Kane.

Bench: Doherty, Success and Obiang.

Not sure who should I transfer.. Lucas Moura? Snodgrass? Wan-Bis?

Would appreciate some advise here :)
Many thanks guys!
The first 2.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I want to get rid of Hazard, won't captain him. He's getting me numbers but EVERYONE in my league has him and it's incredibly boring. I'll stick with Wilson, expecting him to play and score.
Getting rid of an in-form player just because everyone else has him is madness. If he keeps up this form (which is very likely) then you'll only end up chasing points because you don't own him. Keep Hazard and go for differentials elsewhere.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just took control of my step daughters team because she hasn't touched it all season and is still in the cup and ranked 1.6m. Wildcarded to

Fabianski (Steele)
Luiz / Robertson / Digne (Doherty) (AWB)
Sane (c) / Sterling (vc) / Hazard / Snodgrass (Masuaka)
Auba / Rondon / Jimenez

Her cup opponent with no City players will be expecting a dead team :lol:

Sarni

Getting rid of an in-form player just because everyone else has him is madness. If he keeps up this form (which is very likely) then you'll only end up chasing points because you don't own him. Keep Hazard and go for differentials elsewhere.
I know but I'd just like a change. Maybe I'll go for Salah instead of him, I have money in the bank and would only need to downgrade 1-2 players elsewhere to accommodate that. Or even get Kane up front for Mitrovic and downgrade Hazard to someone cheap. It's just boring having the exact same player everyone else has.

I'll be looking for some moneyball moves. Fraser for instance gives you 14.3 points per £1m. Robertson is 14.7 points per £1m. I will be looking to find as many players who can do the same as possible, half a season is a good sample size.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
I could do Sterling to Salah by doing Auba to Lacazette. It's a tough choice and very sideways, but if timed right it'd be very good for me as the guy just above has such a similar team now.
On the basis that it's almost impossible to have either in a fantasy team, I'm going to swap Auba after the Burnley game and bring Salah back into the midfield.

Arsenal start with Aubzmeyang and Lacazette comes on second half, moving Auba out to the right where he is far less effective. It's a conundrum I have grown tired of.

Also concerned for Salah going Christmas shopping. He is bound to be rested tonight or the next fixture, maybe both.

Seen this year after year at Christmas, you end up in some very frustrating predicaments when managers rest their stars.

I believe Liverpool can afford to do this tonight and Wokves won't have faced anything like Liverpool, no matter how well they play at home.

This is a good game week not to make any transfers unless completely necessary.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd wait on all of them. Another Gameweek starts midweek.

Keep your transfer and maybe make 3 midweek for -4.
Yep, think i'll hold.
For one thing, Martial in would mean the dreaded sods law choice in the front 8, with 6 at home, Kane at Everton (but being Kane), and then Martial away, and we're not 100% sure how we'll line up yet. Jiminez is home to Liverpool, but he's had decent returns against big teams.

Had a late thought about a -4 to get in Hazard and Rashford, with the former playing up front, and the latter too, with Lukaku out.
But I just don't like the idea of -4, which in effect wipes out a goal, when Kane could well score, and apparently has doubles the last 3 times v Everton. Not to mention whoever is left out of the 11, could easily haul too.
we'll sit tight.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Forgot that there was football on today, and last weekend I was drunk then hungover, so that makes two weekends in a row that I didn’t get to change my captain or make any transfers. Sigh :(

Nickosaur

Forgot that there was football on today, and last weekend I was drunk then hungover, so that makes two weekends in a row that I didn’t get to change my captain or make any transfers. Sigh :(
Casual.

klsv

Starting to regret having Rashford as captain, had it on Salah until Ole was appointed :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So selling Salah 3 gameweeks ago has gone well. Guy was just doing bare minimum. Second he goes, assist, Hatrick, blank, goal and assist (so far)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So selling Salah 3 gameweeks ago has gone well. Guy was just doing bare minimum. Second he goes, assist, Hatrick, blank, goal and assist (so far)
It'll take me a few weeks to get him in for Sterling, which could go bad as they may switch form again, but City have 3 decent games anyway.

Apokalips

In the same boat here mate...got rid of him and immediately he got a hat trick :(

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Brought in Felipe Anderson for D. Silva, then sold Doherty and had enough money for van Dijk.

12pts so far with 10 players to play, going well so far. Just need City to tear Palace a new one and have Sterling starting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My mate has triple captained Sterling. Even though I have him it'd be hilarious if he only played a minute cameo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Possibly reactionary but Alonso to VVD would free up a nice bit of cash and VVD's points are very consistent. Chelsea's fixtures are good though.

Think I'll wait til Liverpool get those two difficult games out the way then change, although he's due to go up and probably will a few more times.

Last edited: