Fantasy Premier League 19/20

MVP_88

my issue also. Auba might do well against West Ham but probably will blank vs City. Salah will tear Bournemouth a new one as usual.
Not a given he’ll start or if he does, may not play the full 90. They have Atletico on Wednesday.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've got Auba and KDB with a dgw this weekend. I used my 2 fts before I realised it was a dgw (haven't had my head in the game).

I could do Salah to Sterling or Grealish to Mahrez for a -4? Leaning towards the latter.

Paul_Scholes18

I've got Auba and KDB with a dgw this weekend. I used my 2 fts before I realised it was a dgw (haven't had my head in the game).

I could do Salah to Sterling or Grealish to Mahrez for a -4? Leaning towards the latter.
Not sure it is worth it. Pep is going to rotate on the wings.

Paul_Scholes18

Probably right. But my experience with taking advice that I agree with has been rather poor so far, so now I'm more inclined to do it :lol:
Mahrez is good when he plays for sure. Might hurt us again like he did in the cup. I just hope we can have a good game and get a draw at least.

Neo_Mufc

DGW next and GW 31 looks like a nightmare.

Can it all change even more? I have no idea how to play this one out.

Jacko21

Waiting game really. See how the remaining FA Cup fixtures play out and the subsequent knock-on effect.

Free Hit (if available) in GW31 is now looking less appealing. So some are considering trying to ride that GW out - which might require making 2/3 changes between now and then to field a full XI.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh feck off Spurs. Useless.

Can't believe they were in the champions league final less than 2 years ago. Fell from grace quicker than we did.

Paul_Scholes18

31 with Free hit or going with 3 Pool players and 3 Wolves. After that I think about using the wildcard to get reaady for double gameweeks. Should know about those then.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
So Norwich vs Everton and Leicester vs Brighton in gameweek 31 are now postponed also?
So checking on reddit the blanks are
Southampton vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Man City
Newcastle vs Villa
Man Utd vs Sheff Utd
Leicester vs Brighton
Norwich vs Everton

Games to be played:
Liverpool vs Palace
Wolves vs Bournemouth
Burnley vs Watford
Spurs vs West Ham

Paul_Scholes18

Southampton vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Man City
Newcastle vs Villa
Man Utd vs Sheff Utd
Leicester vs Brighton
Norwich vs Everton

Games to be played:
Liverpool vs Palace
Wolves vs Bournemouth
Burnley vs Watford
Spurs vs West Ham
Feels like free hit material. Although if you got 6+ players then maybe saving the free hit could be worth it.
Having both Mane and Salah feels very important even if Palace can be tricky. Plus Jota and Jiminez.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I've already got 3 pool and 3 Wolves plus 1 other. I don't want to waste my free hit on getting Watford or Burnley players or a totally out of sorts Spurs.

Think I'm guna save the free hit and take it on the chin.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I can only field 4 players. 5 if you include Rico but looks like he's lost his place. If I save the FT's I can field 6.. Not enough. And my league rivals dont have free hit.

Guess I'll free hit something like this
Pope
TAA Aurier Doherty
Mane Snodgrass Sarr McNeil Salah
Jimenez Jota

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I've already got 3 pool and 3 Wolves plus 1 other. I don't want to waste my free hit on getting Watford or Burnley players or a totally out of sorts Spurs.

Think I'm guna save the free hit and take it on the chin.
Exactly this though I'm thinking of bringin in Sarr and possibly Pope just for it. Wanna save the free hit for some week I can have every player playing 2 games

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Me too I really want to save it for GW34

Pope
TAA Robbo
Mane Alli
Jota Jimenez

Do I use 2FT's and a -4 to field 7...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Me too I really want to save it for GW34

Pope
TAA Robbo
Mane Alli
Jota Jimenez

Do I use 2FT's and a -4 to field 7...
I think 8 will be enough as long as you have enough big hitters. Definitely a week where you want to nail your captain choice though.

I don't see enough value in taking hits now to get 11 especially as a few of those players you won't want to keep.

Pope for Mccarthy I think and maybe one more for me.

redmanc

Well im playing for my work league #1 spot (£500 first place) so i've spunked my free hit on x3 arsenal x3 city, first place reacts to my changes every fecking week by bringing the same players in so i can never make much ground from 2nd, hopefully this pays off;

Pope
TAA, D.luiz, Sais, Walker
Pepe, Salah, Mahrez (was KDB until last night), Cantwell
DCL - Auba

I expect a few goals to go in from Arsenal/West Ham and also City with us and Arsenal has the possibility too.

I've worked it out for the BGW and i should be ok to limp through with no subs bench for a -4 with my 2 FTs.

saivet

Given the teams playing in GW31, I'll just ride it out and avoid using my free hit.

Currently my team would be:
Pope
TAA, Robertson
Salah, Zaha, Adama
Jimenez

I just brought in Pope so 2 more free transfers left. My current thinking is to bring in a Wolves defender for Baldock and Cathcart in for Williams, as those are two players I'm thinking to get rid of anyway.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can play my Free Hit on 31 or fix my team now to be able to land a full 11 as I have my WC activated... will there be another blank week soon and who's likely to be playing in that one?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I can play my Free Hit on 31 or fix my team now to be able to land a full 11 as I have my WC activated... will there be another blank week soon and who's likely to be playing in that one?
There will be a blank in 34 for whoever makes it through to the FA Cup semi finals (and the teams they'd play).

My guesses...

Norwich vs United or Derby
Sheffield United vs Arsenal
Newcastle vs Man City
Leicester vs Chelsea (feck knows)

which for GW34 would mean the following blanks

Villa v United
Arsenal v Leicester (double chance for this one if Leicester win)
Man City v Newcastle (ironic)
potentially Chelsea v Palace if Chelsea beat Leicester.

As I said though just guesses at the moment.

I don't really want to use my FH in 31 as I have a good core of 3x Liverpool and 3x Wolves plus Doucore. I'll probably add Deeney and Sarr or McNeill to that so I can field 9 without a hit for 31 which should be enough to stave off a red arrow. Just debating whether to take a hit for Pope which I can justify as a -2 hit because I'll be able to field a goalkeeper for 31. I'm also very tempted to bench boost this weekend as I have a benching headache and it would allow me to focus on building a strong 11 for 37 rather than taking risks with mulitple hits. I'll probably Free Hit in 34.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If Sheffield United beat Arsenal in the FA Cup Quarters (GW31) they would have 3 fixtures that need re-arranging...

Away vs Villa
Away vs United
Home vs Wolves

And if we get through to the semi finals Aston Villa would have 3 to be re-arranged...

Home vs Sheffield United
Away vs Newcastle
Home vs us

Christ knows where they'd fit them all in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ha. Should've just read Ben Crellins tweets before wasting my own time...

Confirms that both Villa and Sheffield United could need 3 games re-arranging and suggests it would be in a UCL week (33,35,37)

Grealish defo needs to come in at some point after 31. Henderson won't play vs us so maybe one of their full backs. Don't really fancy anyone else.

He also says this

which pretty much pushes me to Free Hit in 34 as I only have Cantwell from those teams.

Will definitely bring in Bruno and Maguire before 37 too as we have a home fixture vs West Ham and potentially Sheffield United or Aston Villa who could drop into that week too (probably the latter). Also makes holding on to Auba and KDB a no brainer as Arsenal should have a tasty double in 37 too.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
cant get my head around all these options, I guess there are still too many unknowns so really have a foolproof stretegy - I still have all my chips plus the WC

but my team could do with a full revamp now so may even go WC or FH this week - had an awful couple of weeks which saw my minileague lead cut to 10points but we also have our own fantasy cup with cash prize and its the semifinals this week so gives me an extra dilemma

Nickosaur

I love/hate this part of the season.

I'd be much happier if i still had a wildcard to use. At least i've got my free hit, several in my MLs have used it already.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
cant get my head around all these options, I guess there are still too many unknowns so really have a foolproof stretegy - I still have all my chips plus the WC

but my team could do with a full revamp now so may even go WC or FH this week - had an awful couple of weeks which saw my minileague lead cut to 10points but we also have our own fantasy cup with cash prize and its the semifinals this week so gives me an extra dilemma
It's far less complicated if you have a wildcard tbh. I've took over my step daughters team and she has all her chips except TC so I'll go a different way with her team to see which turns out better (fairly sure it will be hers).

The strategy for her team is to FH in 31 and wildcard in 36 to BB in 37 for the bigger dgw.

With that in mind I'm making transfers with GW34 in mind.

That said, if your team is in really bad shape then I'd wildcard early. How bad can it be though? Everyone had a shit week last week.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Southampton vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Man City
Newcastle vs Villa
Man Utd vs Sheff Utd
Leicester vs Brighton
Norwich vs Everton

Games to be played:
Liverpool vs Palace
Wolves vs Bournemouth
Burnley vs Watford
Spurs vs West Ham
Injuries and suspensions permitting, I'll have eight players for GW31 without hits which is enough not to use the Free Hit chip. Free Hit is going to be better used for a week with blanks AND doubles, and better fixtures hopefully. I'll already have the full cohort of Liverpool and Wolves players for this week and not sure what I'd otherwise want. Palace and Bournemouth look ripe for losses to nil, Spurs have no obvious targets currently, and the points could be anywhere for Burnley, Watford and West Ham too.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's far less complicated if you have a wildcard tbh. I've took over my step daughters team and she has all her chips except TC so I'll go a different way with her team to see which turns out better (fairly sure it will be hers).

The strategy for her team is to FH in 31 and wildcard in 36 to BB in 37 for the bigger dgw.

With that in mind I'm making transfers with GW34 in mind.

That said, if your team is in really bad shape then I'd wildcard early. How bad can it be though? Everyone had a shit week last week.
Maybe its not that bad (I am top of my league after all) but Ive had my minileague lead cut massively plus also have this extra thing of a cup semifinal which is why Im thinking about FH/WC this week.
But I also have 2 FTs so could bring in Auba for Firminho and some other Arse/City player without a chip

My defence has too many non-guaranteed starters plus I need rid of Firminho for sure

My team:

Henderson - Gazzaniga
TAA - Soyuncu - Lundstram - Kelly - Williams
KDB - Salah - Martial - Grealish - Dendonker
Jiminez - Firminho - Ings

Dan_F

I only have 6 players for wk31 with one free tran. Two of them have major doubts (Traore and Rico, who I’ve been wanting rid of for about 6 weeks).

Probably going to FH for wk31 and start using free transfers now for wk34. Looking at the wildcard for wk36 and bench boost for wk37.

Also got my triple captain to throw in there somewhere. Probably on the wk34 double.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Even if you can only field 7 plauers, I think if you can cover the main big hitters for GW31 you'll be ok. Have to be very unlucky for someone like McNeil to score big.

Paul_Scholes18

Even if you can only field 7 plauers, I think if you can cover the main big hitters for GW31 you'll be ok. Have to be very unlucky for someone like McNeil to score big.
Just think it is still best to use the FH here. In future weeks there will be more rotation plus double gameweeks. Thus I want to use the TC and bench boost for those weeks.
Can be quite crazy near the end with all the doubles and Corona possibly stopping games.