Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Withnail

I wasn't being snarky, sorry if it came across that way. Rotation is a risk, with some players more than others but there are at least a handful of nailed players for City and another 2/3 that will play 85% plus of games. I just think not having any player from the side that will likely score the most goals and keep the most clean sheets is fpl suicide.
Fair enough. I just went with what I thought was the best option for each position.
I take the point and I suppose it's a case of spreading the risk. I do feel the team is too skewed towards Spurs, Liverpool and United looking at it again.

Cheers man

podurban2

Is Zichenko a must?

Pickford
Robertson Digne Ake
Perez Salah Sterling Siggy
King Wilson Jota

Not sure having both king & wilson is a good idea.
He’s not a must at all, once Mendy is back they will probably share minutes. He’s a great option early on though. I will be looking to replace him for AWB probably by gw 4-5.

I think two from Bou is totally fine for the first few weeks at least as their fixtures are great and they like to score goals. I have Fraser and Wilson.

owlo

I wouldn't start the season with Aguero as he hasn't played in pre-season, I'd trade him and Tielemans in for King and Sterling maybe? Leno's a gamble too given that Arsenal are running with Luiz and Mustafi
Thanks for that! Sterling is one I wanted to fit in, but couldn't find a way. Tielemans I figured can only really improve from last year; unsure between him and Maddison but I guess it's not so smart to have both Leicester creative mids in there in case they have an off day. King vs Jota and Tielemans vs Maddison are difficult choices. King for now seems nice as Wolves have Leicester away.

Perhaps I could keep Tielemans and drop Maddison, Freeing up an extra 0.5 for a GK...

Agree on Leno, will have a look around. Walker-Peters is the other I'm really unsure about, but Spurs are real short at RB now and he has a nice delivery on him.

Anyone ever tried a 3-5-2? I am not sure how this will work.

--------------------Heaton
---W.Bissaka - Alderweireld - Robertson
-Salah - B. Silva - Andre Gomes - Cabellos - Pulisic
-------------- Kane--- Auba
Hi Shipperley, I'm going for the same this season so fingers crossed :wenger:

United58

Thanks for that! Sterling is one I wanted to fit in, but couldn't find a way. Tielemans I figured can only really improve from last year; unsure between him and Maddison but I guess it's not so smart to have both Leicester creative mids in there in case they have an off day. King vs Jota and Tielemans vs Maddison are difficult choices. King for now seems nice as Wolves have Leicester away.

Perhaps I could keep Tielemans and drop Maddison, Freeing up an extra 0.5 for a GK...

Agree on Leno, will have a look around. Walker-Peters is the other I'm really unsure about, but Spurs are real short at RB now and he has a nice delivery on him.
No worries :) I'd go King as he's on penalties. I went Ryan in goal cause I'm stuck for cash :lol:

podurban2

Allison

AWB
Robertson
VVD

Pogba
A Perez
McGinn
B Silva
Mane

Aubameyang
Jimenez

Meh, forward line is too poor isn't it
How did you manage to get four Liverpool players? I like your team but would trade Allison for Ederson.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
How did you manage to get four Liverpool players? I like your team but would trade Allison for Ederson.
Oh shit, I actually have Ederson in at the minute but just put Allison in as I was about to go and swap him in. Didn't realise I had 3 Pool players already.

Rooney1987

Is Zichenko a must?

Pickford
Robertson Digne Ake
King Wilson Jota

Not sure having both king & wilson is a good idea.
I would say so. He’s going to starting for City at least a month (till Mendy is back and well he’ll get injured again) at LB and only 5.5.

El-Manos

He’s not a must at all, once Mendy is back they will probably share minutes. He’s a great option early on though. I will be looking to replace him for AWB probably by gw 4-5.

I think two from Bou is totally fine for the first few weeks at least as their fixtures are great and they like to score goals. I have Fraser and Wilson.
Cheers man. Did you opt for double defensive Liverpool cover? Tempted by VVD as well as Robertson. Would have to sacrifice Digne though.

Werder Herzog

Final, final team

Ryan

TAA
Robertson
Zinchenko

Salah
Sterling
Perez
Martial
Ndombele

Deulofeu
King

Bench

Greenwood
Tarkowski
Lundstrom
McGovern

owlo

Certainly not terrible. Could pay off having players that not many others have.

Most have shied away from the big hitter strikers, or only have one this time. There's more bang for your buck in midfield and especially defence. Could pay off though.

Yours is the first team I've seen with Aguero in, which is quite mad.
Pogba also isn't in any teams I've seen. He may have a great start, and you'd expect some goals to come through him. Think I'd rather play it safe and go with Siggy for 0.5 less though, specially with their fixtures, just in case Pogba starts in his cba mode.
I have read on some strategy article that the key in the early part of the season is not picking up points, but picking up players who are likely to rise in value to get your squad value up to the 120-130M mark, so have been trying to pick some players with room for improvement in that regard.

I think I'll drop aguero for now as not many have picked him, so potentially he could go down in week 1 and I can transfer him in?

Gone for Pogba just as I feel kinda guilty having no Man Utd players there, but none fill me with any confidence! Our defence has zero shield. McTominay is the only other one I could potentially add for value farming, but that means dropping one of my midfielders. [I think Fraser and Zaha are must haves early] - I guess one option would be to drop Pogba for McTominay and play 4 4 2 to start with Keane in there as Everton have some simple fixtures.

Leno? (McGovern)

Robertson, Zinchenko, Walker-Peters (reid, keane)

Fraser, Zaha Maddison Sterling Pogba

Kane King (Greenwood)

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Fair enough. I just went with what I thought was the best option for each position.
I take the point and I suppose it's a case of spreading the risk. I do feel the team is too skewed towards Spurs, Liverpool and United looking at it again.

Cheers man
You're spending 10m on Pickford and Heaton. You could have Ederson and a 4m keeper instead for example to get City clean sheets.

Either Stones or Zinchenko instead of AWB.

B Silva instead of Sigurdsson.

I can kind of see your logic player by player (which is why I should have posted it this way in the first place) but I think some sacrifices have to be made somewhere as opposed to not having any City players in.

Rooney1987

Just noticed that Everton have some piss easy fixtures to start with (first 6 weeks). Think I'll get Sigurdsson and Kean and then look to move them out. A bit risky, given the number of new players they have, but they definitely have it easier than others to begin with.
Do we think Kean is actually going to start this weekend? I’ve gone with Sigurdsson too for reason you give not much or a risk with him, even with new players he’ll start. It’s Kean I keep transferring in and out.

podurban2

Cheers man. Did you opt for double defensive Liverpool cover? Tempted by VVD as well as Robertson. Would have to sacrifice Digne though.
I’m going double Liverpool and double City + Digne,

Ederson
Robertson-VVD-Zinchenko-Digne

I just think Digne is such good value I opted for him instead of a 6.5 attacker. But Jota/King are good options too.

Suv666

Finally setteled on a team

De Gea
Awb walker-peter stones
Sterling Salah Fraser Cellabos Iwobi
Kane Jimenez

Thoughts?

The Purley King

Do we think Kean is actually going to start this weekend? I’ve gone with Sigurdsson too for reason you give not much or a risk with him, even with new players he’ll start. It’s Kean I keep transferring in and out.
Good point re: Kean, I'd assumed he would, but he's come in quite late, so maybe one to look to transfer in for GW2. If he does start and do well, he'll jump in price pretty quickly though. I did have Jiminez in there to start with, so will probably go back to him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I have read on some strategy article that the key in the early part of the season is not picking up points, but picking up players who are likely to rise in value to get your squad value up to the 120-130M mark, so have been trying to pick some players with room for improvement in that regard.

I think I'll drop aguero for now as not many have picked him, so potentially he could go down in week 1 and I can transfer him in?
Not a bad tactic, although if they don't deliver they may fall.
I wouldn't expect Aguero to go down that quickly, if at all if not many have picked him. They only go down if lots of people dump.

You can use this website to get an idea of who will go up and down http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

I deffo wouldn't go for McTominay. There's a small chance he'll grab a couple of goals and people will buy in, but it's really small. Pogba is more likely to get people transferring him in.

Personally I'd rather play it safe, then you're covered if any of the decent players do well and everyone switches, and you can keep an eye out to try and get on this season's surprises early once it gets going.

El-Manos

I’m going double Liverpool and double City + Digne,

Ederson

I just think Digne is such good value I opted for him instead of a 6.5 attacker. But Jota/King are good options too.
Changed mine to this now.

Ederson
Digne Robertson Zinchenko
Jiminez Wilson Greenwood

United58

Is it worth going for Barkley? Here's some thoughts from the Chelsea fans:

Bullhitter: I think Emerson will establish himself as first choice left back, Jorginho will improve again after a year of adapting and Ross Barkley could finally begin to consistently deliver what he has promised as a talent for almost a decade.

WeePat: I think Pulisic will have a good season, and we'll have to see how Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek feel when they return from their injuries, but my three guys are Reece James, Mason Mount and - drum roll - Ross Barkley.

Barkley has been putting in incredible performances in preseason and I think he'll flourish in this new system Lampard has put him in.

Orc: Pulisic, Barkley, and Hudson-Odoi. Pulisic has huge boots to fill with our best player gone. He has looked excellent at times during preseason and with consistent improvement he can be a key player for us. Barkley finally looks to have turned a corner this summer under Lampard. He has been our best player in preseason and appears to have stepped up his game. He has taken it upon himself to be our primary penalty taker and free kick taker, both of which he has scored from this summer. When CHO returns from injury, I expect him to be our starting RW. This will be a huge season for him where he'll finally get what he has been asking for. To be a regular starter.

P-Ro: Ruben Loftus Cheek will show everyone that he is the best English central midfielder this season when he returns from injury. The guy is a tank, has incredible dribbling skills, is one of the fastest out there, can score and pick out a pass. The focus will also be on Pulisic and Hudson Odoi to see if either can step into the massive void left by the currently massive Hazard.

Mb194dc: CHO, RLC (when they're fit) & Pulisic.

Pow: Pulisic, Hudson odoi, Abraham

Dancfc: Mount, Barkley and Kovacic.

Imran Mamdani

i'm going for...

Ederson (Stekelenburg)
AWB - TAA - Digne (Kelly, Kilman)
Sterling - Perez - Siggy - Pogba (Neves)
King - Vardy - Jimenez

Thoughts?

SteveTheRed

Gone for Pogba just as I feel kinda guilty having no Man Utd players there, but none fill me with any confidence! Our defence has zero shield. McTominay is the only other one I could potentially add for value farming, but that means dropping one of my midfielders. [I think Fraser and Zaha are must haves early] - I guess one option would be to drop Pogba for McTominay and play 4 4 2 to start with Keane in there as Everton have some simple fixtures.

Leno? (McGovern)

Robertson, Zinchenko, Walker-Peters (reid, keane)

Fraser, Zaha Maddison Sterling Pogba

Kane King (Greenwood)
It's a pretty solid strategy. (I think you mean 102-103m as the highest I've ever seen was like 106). I try to avoid the really cheap players who have high % ownership. I have greenwood but I am a bit worried that he will not feature at all and be sold by everyone then suddenly you can only get 4.4m for him and no replacement.

The players that go up in price will also be getting a load of points. I think the key is know when someone is just a bandwagon and when to leave them behind.

The Purley King

Is it worth going for Barkley? Here's some thoughts from the Chelsea fans:

Bullhitter: I think Emerson will establish himself as first choice left back, Jorginho will improve again after a year of adapting and Ross Barkley could finally begin to consistently deliver what he has promised as a talent for almost a decade.

WeePat: I think Pulisic will have a good season, and we'll have to see how Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek feel when they return from their injuries, but my three guys are Reece James, Mason Mount and - drum roll - Ross Barkley.

Barkley has been putting in incredible performances in preseason and I think he'll flourish in this new system Lampard has put him in.

Orc: Pulisic, Barkley, and Hudson-Odoi. Pulisic has huge boots to fill with our best player gone. He has looked excellent at times during preseason and with consistent improvement he can be a key player for us. Barkley finally looks to have turned a corner this summer under Lampard. He has been our best player in preseason and appears to have stepped up his game. He has taken it upon himself to be our primary penalty taker and free kick taker, both of which he has scored from this summer. When CHO returns from injury, I expect him to be our starting RW. This will be a huge season for him where he'll finally get what he has been asking for. To be a regular starter.

P-Ro: Ruben Loftus Cheek will show everyone that he is the best English central midfielder this season when he returns from injury. The guy is a tank, has incredible dribbling skills, is one of the fastest out there, can score and pick out a pass. The focus will also be on Pulisic and Hudson Odoi to see if either can step into the massive void left by the currently massive Hazard.

Mb194dc: CHO, RLC (when they're fit) & Pulisic.

Pow: Pulisic, Hudson odoi, Abraham

Dancfc: Mount, Barkley and Kovacic.
I've picked Barkley. Chelsea will do OK this year and if he does take pens then thats definitely a bonus. VAR coming in this year, so likely to see a few more than usual I would have thought.

podurban2

Changed mine to this now.

Ederson
Digne Robertson Zinchenko
Jiminez Wilson Greenwood
I think it looks really good if Greenwood gets minutes. Otherwise maybe try to upgrade him to McGinn or El Ghazi (hopefully one of them will be this year’s Fraser) down the line.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've got this:
De Gea
Wan-Bissaka - Alderweireld - Sokratis - Schar
Richarlison - Pogba - Neves - Zaha
Kane - Aubameyang

United58

Ryan (Button)

Robertson VVD AWB (Diop) (Kelly)

B Silva Salah Sterling McTominay (Hayden)

Kane King Greenwood

Anywhere I can improve? Thinking of Barkley (would probably sacrifice Silva).

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm not sure I'm understanding this right. Do bench players count? Should I just have some shitty bench players and invest the extra money in better players for the first XI?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Right, I think I am going for:

Button
Robertson / VVD / AWB / Zinchenko / KWP
Salah / Sterling / Siggy
Wilson / King

Subs: Heaton / Barkley / Greenwood / Dendoncker

Obviously, I'm not expecting Button to play, but he's the only 4.0 GK who is even going to be 2nd choice. If by some miracle he does play, he has a better fixture than Heaton. Seems to be a lot of value in defenders this year. Bournemouth have great fixtures to start, so their forwards offer value. I've got at least one sub I am happy to see play most weeks. Greenwood could be toxic, but even I won't heed my own warning.

Only tinkering I might do is swap in Martial, Laporte and Montoya for Sigurdsson, Zinchenko and KWP.

I think penalty takers could pay dividends early with VAR. I've only really got two takers though.

Bratt

Here’s my team:

Ederson
WanBiss-VanDijk-Robertson-VanAnholt
D. Silva-Sterling-Pogba
King-Greenwood-Vardy

Subs: Stekelenburg-Boly-Tielemans-Neves
I always give up on this game between august and christmas, but this time my goal is to see it through.

podurban2

FPL experts GW1 team;

Pope
Salah-Perez-Sterling-Fraser
King-Wilson

I have 9 of those, god damn it. They jinxed my team!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Here’s my team:

Ederson
WanBiss-VanDijk-Robertson-VanAnholt
D. Silva-Sterling-Pogba
King-Greenwood-Vardy

Subs: Stekelenburg-Boly-Tielemans-Neves
I always give up on this game between august and christmas, but this time my goal is to see it through.
Think putting Greenwood in is optimistic! I'd be starting Tielemans instead of him myself.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I'm not sure I'm understanding this right. Do bench players count? Should I just have some shitty bench players and invest the extra money in better players for the first XI?
Bench players don't count, so best go for really cheap backups that are likely to play a lot, and have more cash for your first team. Have a look at all the teams people are posting and most do that.

Bratt

Think putting Greenwood in is optimistic! I'd be starting Tielemans instead of him myself.
Yeah, haven’t really decided yet about keeping Greenwood, or subbing him with Tielemans or Neves.
My gut tells me he’s gonna come on and score one or two against Chelsea though, so I might keep him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Pickford
Robertson VVD Gibson Zinchenko
Salah Sterling Sigurdsson Pereyra
Lacazette King
Change 531. Still not totally happy. Any news on Lacazette’s chances?

Currently:
Pope
Digne Robertson VVD Zinchenko
Salah Sterling Perez Sigurdsson
Wilson Deulofeu

humdinger

Where are you all putting your big bucks? Defenders/midfielders/forwards? Or going for balance?