Fantasy Premier League 20/21

GledTheRed

I don't think they've acquired him to play defense. He will play high up, just like Aurier had, but with better results, and Spurs should be much better offensively than Wolves were which will help his returns on that end.
Spurs don't play with wing backs? They are actively trying to sell Aurier so Doherty will play RB.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Any update on a league code for this?

Mcking

When playing much more advanced.
He will play just as advanced with Tottenham if not farther. I haven't seen any heatmap or stats but Aurier played quite high up the pitch under Mou. Farther than some wingbacks.

Add Tottenham's superior forwards and the likelihood of them having more of the ball than Wolves does, and it gets more interesting. I expect Spurs to be much improved defensively too.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
When playing much more advanced.
How do you know that? It would be a bit dumb to buy one of the best offensive full backs in the game and tell him to stay on defense all the time.

The way I see it they weren’t happy about Aurier’s performance and attitude and bought Doherty to replace him but his role should be pretty much the same. In Jose’s system last year right back attacked a lot, left back stayed on defense.

Sarni

He will play just as advanced with Tottenham if not farther. I haven't seen any heatmap or stats but Aurier played quite high up the pitch under Mou. Farther than some wingbacks.

Add Tottenham's superior forwards and the likelihood of them having more of the ball than Wolves does, and it gets more interesting. I expect Spurs to be much improved defensively too.
Same here. Expecting him to basically be a winger for them on attack and get some nice goals for Kane and Son.

United Hobbit

Yes that's all good but remember, he's a fantasy troll. When you have him, he'll miss sitters and pens. Then you'll drop him and he'll score a brace. Then you'll bring him back and he'll be dropped for no reason. This is the way of the Auba.
I remember your love for him from last season :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its a tricky one - I have a feeling Pulisic won't stay fit and Ziyech already tweaked his knee vs Brighton. Werner for me is the safest bet until Havertz joins Chelsea.

Debating Mitrovic vs Rodrigo up top. Also debating Mane vs Salah.

Nickosaur

Its a tricky one - I have a feeling Pulisic won't stay fit and Ziyech already tweaked his knee vs Brighton. Werner for me is the safest bet until Havertz joins Chelsea.

Debating Mitrovic vs Rodrigo up top. Also debating Mane vs Salah.
From what Leeds fans have said, I'd avoid Rodrigo for the first few game weeks. Apparently Bielsa doesn't like to put new signings straight into the team and prefers them to settle down first. Many of them are predicting Bamford to keep his place up front, at least initially.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From what Leeds fans have said, I'd avoid Rodrigo for the first few game weeks. Apparently Bielsa doesn't like to put new signings straight into the team and prefers them to settle down first. Many of them are predicting Bamford to keep his place up front, at least initially.
Yeah, good point. Mitrovic seems good value at 6m anyway

hubbuh

Goalkeepers
McCarthy
Nyland

Defence
Dallas
Justin
Alexander-Arnold
Doherty
Vinagre

Midfield
Aubameyang
Saka
Ziyech
Armstrong
Son

Attack
Werner
Mitrović
Martial

A few defensive choices made based on recommendations from here. Is Saka a pointless punt? Also extremely concerned about having no Liverpool or City. Feels harder this year!

Paul_Scholes18

Goalkeepers
McCarthy
Nyland

Defence
Dallas
Justin
Alexander-Arnold
Doherty
Vinagre

Midfield
Aubameyang
Saka
Ziyech
Armstrong
Son

Attack
Werner
Mitrović
Martial

A few defensive choices made based on recommendations from here. Is Saka a pointless punt? Also extremely concerned about having no Liverpool or City. Feels harder this year!
Saka can be good if he starts, but I would not be fully sure that he does. Willian can take his place I think.

Nickosaur

Goalkeepers
McCarthy
Nyland

Defence
Dallas
Justin
Alexander-Arnold
Doherty
Vinagre

Midfield
Aubameyang
Saka
Ziyech
Armstrong
Son

Attack
Werner
Mitrović
Martial

Ziyech and Werner is too risky in terms of Chelsea coverage imo. Both new to the league, no idea how they will start. Could become great value picks but far safer to have Salah/Mane in there from the start.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do we know if us and City definitely aren't featuring in the first game week yet?
The teams we are due to play in GW 1 are playing in the league Cup in the midweek following the opening weekend so yeah pretty much confirms it. City n Utd will have a double game week at some point.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Saka can be good if he starts, but I would not be fully sure that he does. Willian can take his place I think.
He's going into my team if we get word he will. He started at Wembley and played very well too so he must be in with a shout.

Paul_Scholes18

He's going into my team if we get word he will. He started at Wembley and played very well too so he must be in with a shout.
Yeah we will see about Willian and Pepe if they start. He could be a wingback too, but not sure you want that.

ASB88

Aurier played quite high up in the pitch last year, but more towards the flanks. More than being a traditional winger, the main stats that differentiated Doherty from other defenders last year was the the number of touches he had in the opponent penalty box. And this was primarily due to the way Wolves deployed him (RWB or RM in a 5 man defense). Personally I don't see Mourinho telling his RB in 4 man defense to move to the opponent penalty box that often. Doherty will have a definite uptick in the number of cross attempts with Spurs, but I do expect a down tick in penalty box touches and expected number of goals. And also Wolves defense last year had higher clean sheet potential than Spurs, which is another thing to keep in mind.

Reactions: Sultan

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Ziyech and Werner is too risky in terms of Chelsea coverage imo. Both new to the league, no idea how they will start. Could become great value picks but far safer to have Salah/Mane in there from the start.
A good left foot is a good left foot anywhere. Ziyech set piece delivery and from open play will set-up quite a lot of chances in my opinion.

Sarni

Is 451 bananas?

Seems better to have a 6m defender than a 6m striker
If one of your midfielders is Auba then it’s basically the same as 442 last year except you are getting extra point for every goal and clean sheet. You wouldn’t hesitate to for example have 442 last year with Auba and Kane up top.

I am dithering getting Armstrong and ASM in for Ziyech and Stephens but got this feeling Ziyech could be a premium player this year. His offensive return at Ajax was good. Also thinking about getting rid of Mitrovic and going 451 too, with ASM replacing Stephens but Mitro at £6m should get 8-10 goals.

Skåre Willoch

Really, really difficult to figure out this year. No City or United for GW1, but probably needed for GW2 and onwards. Rashford? Greenwood? Aguero? KDB? Bracing for a wildcard in GW2.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Opinions on my team?

Martin

TAA
Digne
Doherty
Justin

Souvek
Aubameyang
Son

Kane
Ings
Werner

^ Seems a bit spurs heavy. But Son at 9m seems good value, although I might swap him out for Ziyech.

EDIT:
Just swapped out Kane and Souvek and brought in Ziyech + Mitrovic. Can't decide!

Last edited:

BorisDeLeFora

Really, really difficult to figure out this year. No City or United for GW1, but probably needed for GW2 and onwards. Rashford? Greenwood? Aguero? KDB? Bracing for a wildcard in GW2.
Might look at the idea of building a team with Greenwood and one other on the bench as a starting point and at the lowest possible cost as not too sure on Foden, but it leaves you hoping for your 4.5 fodder players coming good in the first week.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Some free tips here from me, aimed at Beginners, those wanting to take it seriously for the first time or those who are simply a bit rubbish :)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If one of your midfielders is Auba then it’s basically the same as 442 last year except you are getting extra point for every goal and clean sheet. You wouldn’t hesitate to for example have 442 last year with Auba and Kane up top.

I am dithering getting Armstrong and ASM in for Ziyech and Stephens but got this feeling Ziyech could be a premium player this year. His offensive return at Ajax was good. Also thinking about getting rid of Mitrovic and going 451 too, with ASM replacing Stephens but Mitro at £6m should get 8-10 goals.
Auba is in there but I was planning to switch him or Salah to KDB. I like your reasoning though.

RashyForPM

McCarthy Nyland
Vinagre Douglas Justin TAA Doherty
Auba Ziyech Pereira Greenwood Maximin
Kane Werner Mitro

Thoughts on any possible improvements? Maybe the midfield? Thanks lads!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have seen loads of drafts with Kane AND Son or Ziyech AND Werner. I personally prefer to split the risk on teams. And with Chelsea's two I'd definitely go for one at most as they are both new to the league and you don't know how they are going to adapt. Not every new player catches fire immediately.

Sarni

Would it make sense to sacrifice Salah and go TAA + Robertson + Doherty? If they get similar tally as last year it will be well worth it as you cannot get that from Salah + other two midfielders (well you can’t even have Salah + two 4.5s for that). And basically make them a lock for entire season, week in week out never touch again bar injuries. Of course when Liverpool concede you will be in trouble but there will also be weeks when they keep a clean sheet and get goals and assists.

McCarthy / Nyland
TAA / Robertson / Doherty / Vinagre / Justin
Auba / Son / Greenwood / Ziyech / ASM
Werner / Mitrovic / Brewster

I am thinking of that.

Sarni

McCarthy Nyland
Vinagre Douglas Justin TAA Doherty
Auba Ziyech Pereira Greenwood Maximin
Kane Werner Mitro

Thoughts on any possible improvements? Maybe the midfield? Thanks lads!
Get rid of Douglas. He’s not getting a game for them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Everyone is going for Werner and Ziyech. Are you guys absolutely sure they would make it from day 1?

Sarni

Everyone is going for Werner and Ziyech. Are you guys absolutely sure they would make it from day 1?
No but prices are too tempting. If they get to a good start they will rise immediately.

ROFLUTION

No but prices are too tempting. If they get to a good start they will rise immediately.
Will they? if everyone has them, its hard to get even more owners aboard and a lot could be tempted to sell against pool in gw2 if they dont impress. To me it seems like having a bit of risk of losing 0.1 if one of them is benched. Ziyech the most risky imo. Werner could convert a lot of chances

Sarni

Will they? if everyone has them, its hard to get even more owners aboard and a lot could be tempted to sell against pool in gw2 if they dont impress. To me it seems like having a bit of risk of losing 0.1 if one of them is benched
I didn’t realize how high Werner’s ownership was. He’s a risk indeed. Ziyech not so much. At his price point there isn’t really that much anyway. There are like 6-7 decent midfielders below 9.0.