Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely if we don’t get Sancho then Greenwood is a very good choice? Should be playing pretty regularly on the right and will probably get at least 10 goals which would be a good enough return from midfield at £7.5.

Canuckred64

Surely if we don’t get Sancho then Greenwood is a very good choice? Should be playing pretty regularly on the right and will probably get at least 10 goals which would be a good enough return from midfield at £7.5.
That's what I am thinking.

Sarni

That's what I am thinking.
The more I think about it the less convinced I am that I want Salah AND Auba in my team. One seems enough. Then three mid tier players - any three of Son, Ziyech, Pulisic, Greenwood, or even Bruno from a tier above - and someone like Saint-Maximin or Armstrong as a punt would be good enough. Up front I definitely go for one premium (Kane, Werner or Martial), one mid tier punt (Mitrovic or Adams) and a fodder with loan potential Brewster. I feel like there can be many points to be had on defense. TAA, Robertson and Doherty should score like crazy, and Vinagre, Justin and Walker Peters are great value at decent teams. Goalkeeper is basically a no brainer - either Ryan or McCarthy and stick with them whole season. Slightly leaning towards Ryan.

Sarni

Is Saliba gonna start? Only 4.5
Probably not. That defense will still undergo some changes.

I wish season started already. I was dithering again, and ended up swapping TAA for fodder and going for Kane and Ings up front. Don’t want to double up on Liverpool defense when they play Chelsea and Arsenal in first 3 games. Kane has favorable fixtures and I can always downgrade him to Martial and open up funds to grab TAA later. I’ll change my mind 75 times before start of season.

Ryan / Nyland
Robertson / Doherty / Vinagre / Walker-Peters / Mitchell
Auba / Son / Ziyech / Greenwood / Armstrong
Kane / Ings / Brewster

Happy to have Brewster and Mitchell as my fodders for now. I will not make mistake of having 14 good players this year. I want 1 decent one on the bench for rotation and it can be any of Armstrong, Vinagre and Walker-Peters based on fixtures.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Would you start with Ryan or McCarthy in goal going on the first 3 fixtures. Is it always better to have the home goalkeeper with the easier fixture or just a match where they have the potential to make a lot of saves?
Don’t do this to yourself.

DarkLord

This is almost impossible like a 0.001% chance but if a goalkeeper captained in your FPL team scores a goal, how many points does he earn you?

Skåre Willoch

What are you guys' thoughts on Mane? Worth a pick? Or is he dead on on leaving to Barca?
I haven't even heard about ay rumours of him leaving, but even if he stays I reckon Salah is the way to go with the Liverpool premiums. They might get very similar points from open play, but Salah is on pens as well. You can of course try to be clever and go for Mané, but I think the potential for disappointment is bigger than the potential for outsmarting everyone else in this case.

Soucek is apparently quarantined for 14 days after hanging with a confirmed member of the corona-club. If true, he'll miss GW1.

Neo_Mufc

Mods am I allowed to promote a paid for league which I run or is that against forum rules?

Sarni

Talk me out of having both Robertson and TAA

Paul_Scholes18

Tricky fixtures to start with and also very expensive. Signs of Liverpool being on decline a bit so might not score as many.
Also many decent 4.5 defenders to start with too.

Ludens the Red

I feel like this is the hardest it’s ever been to pick a team.
I can’t decide what United/City players I want because you’re spoilt for choice. Can’t decide on a keeper because the decent options with low prices, you can’t be sure if they’ll even be number ones.
The pricing this year is a nightmare too. I feel lots of players are too high priced.

Trent is a must. Robertson for his price isn’t. 14 assists last season. He takes set pieces too. Liverpool score shed loads from free kicks and corners.

Paul_Scholes18

I feel like this is the hardest it’s ever been to pick a team.
I can’t decide what United/City players I want because you’re spoilt for choice. Can’t decide on a keeper because the decent options with low prices, you can’t be sure if they’ll even be number ones.
The pricing this year is a nightmare too. I feel lots of players are too high priced.

Trent is a must. Robertson for his price isn’t.
I think what makes me struggle is the lack of pre season. Hard to find cheap bargains that might start for that reason. Also hard to figure out positions of players.
I am just guessing they will start as they ended, but with new signings it makes things trickier.

Arsenal and Chelsea the trickiest among the big sides so far.

Ludens the Red

Tricky fixtures to start with and also very expensive. Signs of Liverpool being on decline a bit so might not score as many.
Haha I think that’s wishful thinking on your part.
Two of their first three games are Leeds and Arsenal at Anfield. Could see them getting half a dozen or more from just those two games.

I think what makes me struggle is the lack of pre season. Hard to find cheap bargains that might start for that reason. Also hard to figure out positions of players.
I am just guessing they will start as they ended, but with new signings it makes things trickier.

Arsenal and Chelsea the trickiest among the big sides so far.
Yeah lots of teams have bought new attackers but with no pre season, are they gonna be put straight in? It’s a fecking mess. Then players are randomly being isolated etc . It’s a total lottery this season I think.

romufc

I feel lots of players are too high priced.
Most of the players from City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United are highly priced.

In previous seasons, there was 8/9m bargains like Martial, Pogba from United but this year the prices are ridiculous which means the premium players have to perform.

Paul_Scholes18

Haha I think that’s wishful thinking on your part.
Two of their first three games are Leeds and Arsenal at Anfield. Could see them getting half a dozen or more from just those two games.
Well maybe, but they dominated like crazy last year. A decline might be natural.
Arsenal I would normally not count as a hard game for Liverpool, but they look stronger vs big sides recently.
In the past that was captain Salah vs them like last year in the first game for me.

I am still going with TAA and Salah though even though I think it can be tricky, but might take Salah out pretty early for KDB or Sterling.

francobaresi

Anyone not selecting TAA needs their head examining. He is the absolute number 1 must have player in this game

(unless injured)

Sarni

At 4.5 I only really see Vinagre, Walker-Peters, Justin and maybe one of Ayling/Dallas as worthwhile. Pretty much no one appealing in 5.0-5.5 bracket for me, and then Doherty which I love at 6.0. There's still going to be good 50-60 points at least between Robertson/TAA and any of Vinagre/WP/Justin, at bare minimum, so the 2.5-3.0 incremental is worth it.

I want to pack up my defence as points per cash can be great there compared to midfield and especially attack. An 8.5 striker needs 18 goals & 8 assists to beat a 5.5 defender who has 10 clean sheets and does nothing else. That's why I'll go for a build with TAA, Robertson and Doherty.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Tierney at 5.5m is in my team for the first few gws

Paul_Scholes18

At 4.5 I only really see Vinagre, Walker-Peters, Justin and maybe one of Ayling/Dallas as worthwhile. Pretty much no one appealing in 5.0-5.5 bracket for me, and then Doherty which I love at 6.0. There's still going to be good 50-60 points at least between Robertson/TAA and any of Vinagre/WP/Justin, at bare minimum, so the 2.5-3.0 incremental is worth it.

I want to pack up my defence as points per cash can be great there compared to midfield and especially attack. An 8.5 striker needs 18 goals & 8 assists to beat a 5.5 defender who has 10 clean sheets and does nothing else. That's why I'll go for a build with TAA, Robertson and Doherty.
I love going heavy at defense. Sadly I don't think fixtures and uncertainty makes it possible to do so this time around.
Although getting your cheap midfielder right is pretty hard normally. The good ones cost a lot.

Sarni

I love going heavy at defense. Sadly I don't think fixtures and uncertainty makes it possible to do so this time around.
Although getting your cheap midfielder right is pretty hard normally. The good ones cost a lot.
Yeah the way I see this in midfield the best build will be:

1x premium - Auba, Salah, Sterling, Mane or KDB (though I doubt KDB will be worth the price)
3x mid-tier - Bruno (though very expensive), Rashford, Son, Pulisic, Greenwood, Ziyech, Mahrez
1x 5.0-5.5 punt - ASM, Armstrong, Soucek

Then you can still afford one premium striker next to a 6.0-6.5 punt (anyone between 6.5 and 8.5 is garbage, then at 8.5 you got Ings and Jimenez who are known quality and everyone above that is good). I am actually leaning towards Che Adams - he got 4 goals in 8 games post lockdown and seemed to be high on confidence. Wood is also a good choices. After that I just take Brewster hoping he goes on loan, my third striker will almost never play anyway.

This way I can afford Robertson, TAA and Doherty next to a 4.5 punt and a 4.0 fodder that will almost never be in the team.

Really wish season started already so I could stop dithering.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Will AWB be more adventurous this season ? Think he might get a few more assists

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah the way I see this in midfield the best build will be:

1x premium - Auba, Salah, Sterling, Mane or KDB (though I doubt KDB will be worth the price)
3x mid-tier - Bruno (though very expensive), Rashford, Son, Pulisic, Greenwood, Ziyech, Mahrez
1x 5.0-5.5 punt - ASM, Armstrong, Soucek

Then you can still afford one premium striker next to a 6.0-6.5 punt (anyone between 6.5 and 8.5 is garbage, then at 8.5 you got Ings and Jimenez who are known quality and everyone above that is good). I am actually leaning towards Che Adams - he got 4 goals in 8 games post lockdown and seemed to be high on confidence. Wood is also a good choices. After that I just take Brewster hoping he goes on loan, my third striker will almost never play anyway.

This way I can afford Robertson, TAA and Doherty next to a 4.5 punt and a 4.0 fodder that will almost never be in the team.

Really wish season started already so I could stop dithering.
You think Che Adams will get to play more or will Long play a bit? Southampton got some tasty fixtures and Ings cost a lot.

Sarni

You think Che Adams will get to play more or will Long play a bit? Southampton got some tasty fixtures and Ings cost a lot.
I think Adams and Ings will be starting two but Adams will be first to be subbed around 60-70 minute mark.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Adams and Ings will be starting two but Adams will be first to be subbed around 60-70 minute mark.
Hopefully they get the goals early then. Ings takes penalties too which is a bonus for him.
Just I need at least one 6 million or less striker.
Him or Mitrovic it is between or both.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There are so many potential improvers who could turn out to be good value

lamptey, walker peters, Justin, Vinagre, Maitland Niles, Reece James, Ferguson, hegazi. I can’t get my head around the Burnley defenders but they score well. Leeds are most likely going to play a few of the lads who got them up.

souchek, Bowen, st maximum, Armstrong, Ward prouse, greenwood, Foden, saka, Traore, Jota, Ziyech, Pereira (wba), Donny vdb, Eze, mcNeil, Barnes, Grealish and Maddison both @7 million.

Antonio, mitrovic, che adams, Nketiah is getting a game up front for arsenal, jay Rodrigues, Rodrigo is going to play a lot in a well organised Leeds team and Brewster to head off on loan and possibly bag a few goals... too much time to think about it and keep swapping around!

RashyForPM

Werner and Robertson or Kane and Doherty is the question.
I have all of them :lol: If asked to choose though, I’d go with the latter. Spurs have an easy start and Mourinho always does well in his second season, while the former play each other in GW2.

Sarni

How do you feel about Tierney? Arsenal’s defense has been improving, he has a good cross and should be playing wing back once Gabriel settles?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How do you feel about Tierney? Arsenal’s defense has been improving, he has a good cross and should be playing wing back once Gabriel settles?
Good idea but I think he'll rotate with Kolasinac as he has had injury problems in the past so they won't want him constantly playing 90 minutes...

hubbuh

Kane + Foden + 4m defender or Ings + Greenwood + Dallas? Can’t say I’ve missed this obsessive pissing about.

Bondi77

I wonder how much Sancho will be?
I reckon about 9mil as a midfielder.