Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Big numbers! Do you have Vardy, Bruno and Salah? I've got both Bruno and Salah but my frontline of Bamford, Kane and DCL only got 8 points combined!
The problem with Bamford DCL and for me Watkins is that they seem to be one goal merchants at most barring twice a season hauls.

Watkins has got me 7 points over 5 games!

Maxii

Paad
Any news on Balbuena for tomorrow? Need him to play to stop van aanholt coming off the bench for a -1

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Analysing Watkins record, that's 2-0-2-1-2 over the last 5 games. Including Brighton, Burnley and Brom.
That is woeful.

Wilson is probably a better bet but has a horrible run of fixtures so I dare say he stays for Palace at home.

Then they play Chelsea and United away and Tottenham at home. That will be the time to boot him.
I am swapping him for Antonio or Haller after Palace.

hubbuh

The problem with Bamford DCL and for me Watkins is that they seem to be one goal merchants at most barring twice a season hauls.

Watkins has got me 7 points over 5 games!
They are quite decently priced, Bamford particularly so. Given the style of football that Leeds play I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in my team for the majority of the season. DCL has scored or assisted 15 times out of 14 games but like you say, you don't tend to expect hauls although he has 2 already this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am swapping him for Antonio or Haller after Palace.
Problem with WHam is they have Everton away and then a blank.

This week should at least tell us if one of Villa's doubles will be slotted in midweek soonish.

I'll definitely be waiting until the end of the week before doing anything. May just do like this week and make a cheapy little transfer before doing the main stuff the next week.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Grealish fire sale has already begun. :lol:
I'm getting rid of my three Villa players (Martinez, Grealish & Watkins) because well, I mean, first of all Watkins has been a distaster but also they've got difficult fixtures coming up and only 1 fixture in GW19.

Raredaredevil

I can't believe Man Utd scored 6 goals but Rashford did not even get on the scoresheet! Had only 35 points with just a Chelsea defender to play, this is going to be my worst points total for this season. Thinking of using my wildcard now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm getting rid of my three Villa players (Martinez, Grealish & Watkins) because well, I mean, first of all Watkins has been a disaster but also they've got difficult fixtures coming up and only 1 fixture in GW19.
See what happens this week though. The cup results may open up a slot for them to have their first double.
And being one of the few teams who plays in week 18 has to be a keep reason too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People only care about goals it seems.
If they've watched him recently they'd see he glides through at will and is close to creating a goal repeatedly.
It's Watkins I'm way way more worried about.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
80 points (with Taylor still to play) with amazing 8 points from Bamford-Dlc-Kane attack. Two weeks in a row that attack fails

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Problem with WHam is they have Everton away and then a blank.

This week should at least tell us if one of Villa's doubles will be slotted in midweek soonish.

I'll definitely be waiting until the end of the week before doing anything. May just do like this week and make a cheapy little transfer before doing the main stuff the next week.
Forgot about the second double. But that’s a game against United right?

GledTheRed

If they've watched him recently they'd see he glides through at will and is close to creating a goal repeatedly.
It's Watkins I'm way way more worried about.
I had Watkins at the start of the season and benched him for his fencing hauls.

He barely gets involved in the game, Bamford and Che Adams for similar money are better bets imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He barely gets involved in the game, Bamford and Che Adams for similar money are better bets imo.
Yep Bamford has plenty of chances - could easily have scored today. I have him though.
Can't quite take Adams on though something about him. Especially with Ings in there too.

Moby

Dick

Yeah I have Adams and prefer him. Far more involved overall with Soton overall a better set of players and a better team going forward.

Moby

Dick
Yep Bamford has plenty of chances - could easily have scored today. I have him though.
Can't quite take Adams on though something about him. Especially with Ings in there too.
Ings has done his hammy again and anyway Adams outscored him when both played recently. He also doubles in 19 so he's staying in my team for some time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ings has done his hammy again and anyway Adams outscored him when both played recently. He also doubles in 19 so he's staying in my team for some time.
It's definitely going to take a bit of working on a strategy for the next few weeks.

Tottenham v Fulham
Week 18 with many not playing
Week 19 doubles

Moby

Dick
It's definitely going to take a bit of working on a strategy for the next few weeks.

Tottenham v Fulham
Week 18 with many not playing
Week 19 doubles
Yeah that's the dilemma. I want Vardy for 19 and Kane for 16. Meanwhile I have 7 FTs to collect DGW players. If I can collect enough DGW players with 1 FT to spare I can get Kane first and then get Vardy before 19. But that sounds waste of a transfer with Vardy also having good fixtures so more sensible would be to just get Vardy and ride Spurs fixtures with Son.

18 I'm FH so don't care about that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Heck of a haul! I need 16 from 3 to get there. Bit more of a stretch as that needs 3 cleanies.

I'm sure back in the day I was about 5 points off the top score in the country one week. If I remember correctly I needed one defender to get a clean sheet but he got a 1 :(
I won't be rooting for a Chelsea CS so you'll have to find a different route to get there :wenger:

Ouch! I know how that feels. Was on course to comfortably finish in top 1k in the 15/16 season, until literally the last kick of the season (in the bomb scare postponed game) where Smalling ruined my DDG+Smalling cleanies by putting it in his own net. I think I would have just made it to 1k but the own goal deductions ensured I finished just outside. Have had an irrational dislike for the chuckle brother ever since.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah that's the dilemma. I want Vardy for 19 and Kane for 16. Meanwhile I have 7 FTs to collect DGW players. If I can collect enough DGW players with 1 FT to spare I can get Kane first and then get Vardy before 19. But that sounds waste of a transfer with Vardy also having good fixtures so more sensible would be to just get Vardy and ride Spurs fixtures with Son.

18 I'm FH so don't care about that.
I wonder if week 19 FH might be the way forward and just make sure you have 9-10 for 18.

That way you can literally pick 11 players playing twice and get 22 scores rather than 11 players from the minimal fixtures available in 18?

Moby

Dick
I wonder if week 19 FH might be the way forward and just make sure you have 9-10 for 18.

That way you can literally pick 11 players playing twice and get 22 scores rather than 11 players from the minimal fixtures available in 18?
It kinda boils down to the same output. Either ways you are missing games in one of the weeks so it depends which players you wanna keep long term.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I won't be rooting for a Chelsea CS so you'll have to find a different route to get there :wenger:

Ouch! I know how that feels. Was on course to comfortably finish in top 1k in the 15/16 season, until literally the last kick of the season (in the bomb scare postponed game) where Smalling ruined my DDG+Smalling cleanies by putting it in his own net. I think I would have just made it to 1k but the own goal deductions ensured I finished just outside. Have had an irrational dislike for the chuckle brother ever since.
Oh mate I've had even sillier hard luck stories in my work league.

First year at work in the old Telegraph game- i'd been cocky as frig all year - I even wrote a fantasy footy version of Still Dre :)
I led all year - and was on course for the title until Fergie bloody subbed his keeper in the FA cup final with 5mins to go. I was begging for either a Wes Brown booking or a Giggsy goal in the last 5mins that never came. Lost by 1 point.

Used to love that game as noone saw your team so you can put all sorts of BS out about how you were getting these scores and how many of the limited transfers you had left :)

Another year I had a 50 point lead with 2 game weeks to go. Lost on the last day as Chelsea rested Lampard and Alex - my two points of difference!
That was a season where Gerrard scored 20 every week. Regret to this day not switching Lampard to Gerrard to mirror the guy!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
See what happens this week though. The cup results may open up a slot for them to have their first double.
And being one of the few teams who plays in week 18 has to be a keep reason too.
GW18 = Free Hit

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It kinda boils down to the same output. Either ways you are missing games in one of the weeks so it depends which players you wanna keep long term.
Missing games yes - but with the double you can work it so you have 22 individual scores rather than a max of 11 in the week 18.
As long as you cover the potential big hitters at Tottenham/Villa/City

Moby

Dick
Missing games yes - but with the double you can work it so you have 22 individual scores rather than a max of 11 in the week 18.
As long as you cover the potential big hitters at Tottenham/Villa/City
Yeah that's what I meant. You either have 8 BGW players or 8 DGW players in both cases you miss out on 3 starts assuming all your DGW start at least one game.

FH BGW is easier especially with City Spurs Everton having good fixtures. Just spam the team with their players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Oh mate I've had even sillier hard luck stories in my work league.

First year at work in the old Telegraph game- i'd been cocky as frig all year - I even wrote a fantasy footy version of Still Dre :)
I led all year - and was on course for the title until Fergie bloody subbed his keeper in the FA cup final with 5mins to go. I was begging for either a Wes Brown booking or a Giggsy goal in the last 5mins that never came. Lost by 1 point.

Used to love that game as noone saw your team so you can put all sorts of BS out about how you were getting these scores and how many of the limited transfers you had left :)

Another year I had a 50 point lead with 2 game weeks to go. Lost on the last day as Chelsea rested Lampard and Alex - my two points of difference!
That was a season where Gerrard scored 20 every week. Regret to this day not switching Lampard to Gerrard to mirror the guy!
I usually help this guy at work and he had a nice 24 point cushion going into last game. The team of his opponent was very similar. The difference being his opponent has Kane and Sanchez. I convinced him to get Sanchez instead of Kane and my reason was "Sanchez is on hot streak and it's not like Kane will score 5 is it?"... Guess what, Kane scored 5 and he lost by 1 point.

United58

Ryan - Martin

KWP - Zouma - Konsa - Lamptey - Mitchell

Fernandes - Son - Grealish - Zaha - Salah

Kane - DCL - Davis​

Nothing in the bank, 2 FTs. Any advice? Ryan, Lamptey (just injured), Konsa (just injured), Mitchell and Davis not playing :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah that's what I meant. You either have 8 BGW players or 8 DGW players in both cases you miss out on 3 starts assuming all your DGW start at least one game.

FH BGW is easier especially with City Spurs Everton having good fixtures. Just spam the team with their players.
Definitely takes some exploring.
Could be some game changing scores doubling up in week 19.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I usually help this guy at work and he had a nice 24 point cushion going into last game. The team of his opponent was very similar. The difference being his opponent has Kane and Sanchez. I convinced him to get Sanchez instead of Kane and my reason was "Sanchez is on hot streak and it's not like Kane will score 5 is it?"... Guess what, Kane scored 5 and he lost by 1 point.
Painful scenes!

My best moment was running 2 teams that were comfortably clear in the front 2.
Only issue was that the team not in my name was about 20+ points clear! We have an engraved trophy and all sorts.

Made about 6-7 extra transfers - had our teams identical going into the last game week to leave nothing to chance and won it in my own name :D

Otherwise i'd still never have got my name on the trophy despite me winning it!!