Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The difficulty with GW18 is that there are mostly close games and City v Brighton when you can never trust Pep with the rotation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ryan - Martin

KWP - Zouma - Konsa - Lamptey - Mitchell

Fernandes - Son - Grealish - Zaha - Salah

Kane - DCL - Davis​

Nothing in the bank, 2 FTs. Any advice? Ryan, Lamptey (just injured), Konsa (just injured), Mitchell and Davis not playing :(

You've got yourself into an outrageously awkward mess there! Presume the wildcard is long gone?

Option 1 Ward Prowse in for Zaha and use some money to upgrade the keeper?
Decent chance Lamptey plays next week to have 3 defenders.

Option 2 - keep Zaha - take out Lamptey and Ryan for Burnley's Taylor and McCarthy or Sanchez (Brighton) in goal.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The difficulty with GW18 is that there are mostly close games and City v Brighton when you can never trust Pep with the rotation.
Yes. I'm leaning towards covering week 18 with the Grealish/De Bruyne/Son/Kane/Wilson types and then going ape sh!T with the free hit week 19

United58

Just realised you already have 3 Villa which screws my suggestion of Zaha to El Ghazi to free up money to then bring Martinez in for Ryan!! DOH!

You've got yourself into an outrageously awkward mess there! Presume the wildcard is long gone?
Yeah I was looking at getting in Martínez last week, I screwed myself with Davis :lol: wildcard GW4 :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I was looking at getting in Martínez last week, I screwed myself with Davis :lol: wildcard GW4 :(
Sorry i took about 5 goes editing that...had another crack above :)
Narrowed it down to 2 options :)

You need to make sure you have a squad of at least 13 who play or the Christmas/New Year schedule will screw you

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
95pts with Chilwell still to come. Half a chance of first 100 club of season.

Feels like a huge week. Up to 185k. Had a shocking start by my usual standards but slowly getting there now. I thought top 10k target had gone if I'm honest but managed to claw 50pts back on 10k in last few weeks alone.

FH 18 is a goer now. I only have 5 gw18 players as things stand.

United58

Sorry i took about 5 goes editing that...had another crack above :)
Narrowed it down to 2 options :)

You need to make sure you have a squad of at least 13 who play or the Christmas/New Year schedule will screw you
Cheers... I've always hated Zaha as a Fantasy player haha, definition of "expensive 2 pointer", but he has 7 goals this season... Still worth getting rid of? I do need a keeper...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who's your team?
Big numbers! Do you have Vardy, Bruno and Salah? I've got both Bruno and Salah but my frontline of Bamford, Kane and DCL only got 8 points combined!
Martinez
Chilwell - Dias - Cresswell (for Lamptey)
Salah - KDB - Bruno (C) - Grealish - Bowen
Wilson - Welbeck

Never got on the Bamford/DCL bandwagons and missed the early weeks of Kane/Son running riot, that's why I was lingering at rank 4m at one stage. Should finally have a six digit rank tomorrow. Picking up Bruno before Everton revived my season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers... I've always hated Zaha as a Fantasy player haha, definition of "expensive 2 pointer", but he has 7 goals this season... Still worth getting rid of? I do need a keeper...
You can keep him if you do Lamptey to Taylor and switch Brighton keepers (Ryan to Sanchez).
Not exactly sexy transfers but guarantees you a keeper and three playing defenders.

You might instead prefer to switch Konsa to Taylor if his injury is a few weeks, as surely Lamptey will be back soon?

You could do the keeper switch now and decide on the other one later in the week. Probs both late on in fairness...just monitor that Ryan isn't going down in case it prices you out or something.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On 82 with Zouma and James still to play, although looks like the latter won't so Vestergaard with 2 will probs come on

United58

You can keep him if you do Lamptey to Taylor and switch Brighton keepers (Ryan to Sanchez).
Not exactly sexy transfers but guarantees you a keeper and three playing defenders.

You might instead prefer to switch Konsa to Taylor if his injury is a few weeks, as surely Lamptey will be back soon?

You could do the keeper switch now and decide on the other one later in the week. Probs both late on in fairness...just monitor that Ryan isn't going down in case it prices you out or something.
I'm looking at dropping Martin for Sánchez and Lamptey for Kilman... I'll be guaranteed a keeper then :lol: Thanks for the help, this game is painful when it's not going your way :D

Skåre Willoch

I'll manage to get a decent XI for GW18 without using free hit actually.

The question is if I should then use free hit for triple captain in the double gameweek?

Paul_Scholes18

I imagine people have crazy good scores here due to Bruno captain.

Although does anyone here have Mctominay? Maybe a stupid pick given he do not start all games for us.
Although for 4.9 he is a decent bench fodder at least..Maybe 0.4 to high still for most.

Neo_Mufc

What players are people tempted on picking up?

I'm looking at Firmino - A youtuber claimed before this week that he always goes on a run during xmas and he got 16 points? yesterday. It's tempting.

Rashford - The way we play he looks like he will always get goals on target. I'm not enticed enough by Martial. He's not hit form yet.

Transfers likely to occur depending on how City vs Newcastle finishes.

Sarni

I'll manage to get a decent XI for GW18 without using free hit actually.

The question is if I should then use free hit for triple captain in the double gameweek?
You can’t. One chip per week.

Web of Bissaka

What players are people tempted on picking up?

I'm looking at Firmino - A youtuber claimed before this week that he always goes on a run during xmas and he got 16 points? yesterday. It's tempting.
Yup. He seems ideal.
Pool's form, his scoring runs, upcoming fixtures plus the double GW19. He's a very good option.

"Best" Forward options for the double week; Vardy, Werner, Martial, Bamford, Firmino.

Tarrou

I'm on 72 with a couple of no marks left to play, but all my ML rivals are on 80 on 90 points ffs

Leonzo1

74 with Chilwell and Cresswell still to play. Annoying I took out Vardy for Kane but what are u goona do. Hopefully small green arrow takes me inside 100k.

RedDevil@84

I am on 72 with couple of defenders left to play. Not expecting much. But at least I did better than my min-league mates who didn't captain Salah.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Ok, so my team is currently

Mendy
Maguire, Chilwell, Keane
De Bruyne, Bruno, Grealish, Soucek, JWP
Kane, DCL

Foster, Mitchell, Sturjik, McGoldrick.

I have a pathway to make sure I have a full XI for GW18 which is the following

GW15 - Stones in for Chilwell
GW16 - Alderweireld/Dier in for Sturjik
GW17 - Patricio in for Mendy
GW18 - Sterling in for Bruno.

GW18 would then look like this

Patricio
Dier, Keane, Stones, Mitchell
Sterling, De Bruyne, Grealish,
Kane, McGoldrick, DCL.

I would then play my wild card on week 19.

thoughts?

Web of Bissaka

Ok, so my team is currently

Mendy
Maguire, Chilwell, Keane
De Bruyne, Bruno, Grealish, Soucek, JWP
Kane, DCL

Foster, Mitchell, Sturjik, McGoldrick.

I have a pathway to make sure I have a full XI for GW18 which is the following

GW15 - Stones in for Chilwell
GW16 - Alderweireld/Dier in for Sturjik
GW17 - Patricio in for Mendy
GW18 - Sterling in for Bruno.

GW18 would then look like this

Patricio
Dier, Keane, Stones, Mitchell
Sterling
, De Bruyne, Grealish,
Kane, McGoldrick, DCL.

I would then play my wild card on week 19.

thoughts?
Good plan.
I'm not confident at all with Wolves getting clean sheet, Pep Roulette nor Mitchell getting game-times.

Maybe Neto/Podence is better? Dias is a definite starter as does KDB, Son and Zaha. So maybe Dias and Zaha/Son instead? Swtich to Lloris but especially Ederson may be better since City is becoming solid in their defense, sort of. The only problems about this is of course taking the negative transfers hit. So your plan is fairly good.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Who do people think on the next 5-6 games will do better between KDB and Kane?

Essentially I can either have KDB and Adams or Grealish and Kane.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Maybe Kane, no hindsight speaking.
He's more direct on goals and have Son, while KDB relies more on feeding his teammates to finish.

Spurs - Wolves, Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Sheffield
City - Newcastle, Everton, Chelsea, Brighton, Crystal
I forgot to mention that I'll have Son but I still think you're correct.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I think I’ll triple captain Salah for West Brom.

I’ve had a good return of late, but the average for most teams is very high compared to previous seasons.

Sarni

Thinking about GW18&19, my current team:

McCarthy Martinez
Dias Dier Cresswell Chilwell Vestergaard
Salah
Son Bruno Grealish Bowen
Watkins Bamford DCL

Bolded have DGW19, others are playing on GW18. I can roll over 2 transfers and I don't mind taking -4 hit either. I have 1.9m in the bank so an easy path to getting almost full team of doubles for GW19, though the value I have tied up in Son, Grealish and DCL is too significant to take a hit for just one gameweek if I intend to keep them long term. Besides Son is at Sheffield while Grealish and DCL are playing each other so I may as well play bench boost and have all of them. Similarly, Dias is playing Palace at home so I'm not sure taking whichever defender I could with double gameweek will be a better choice.

I am still leaning towards shipping Martinez, Dias, Dier, Son, Watkins out over the next weeks and getting Meslier, Dallas, Castagne, Maddison and Vardy back and free hitting for GW18. I'd only have DCL and Grealish playing singles on GW18 then, and it does appear to be a team I'd be happy keeping over longer period too, with some tweaks. Leicester are playing Leeds and Fulham almost straight after 19 too. Only issue is I'd lose quite a bit of value on Son but will still have flexibility to get him back if I give up on Vardy.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
87 with Chilwell, Taylor and Soucek to come. Crashing through 100 would be very welcome, but already have a decent green arrow to defend. Cannot lie - I'm a bit bitter that Konsa happened to be ill this week after keeping him during the blank. That's probably 10 points lost through variance.

---

How are people doing on captains this year? I think a good rule of thumb is to compare to what you would have got if you just captained the proven best player in the game each week for the entire season, i.e. Salah.

I've got 258 through my captains so far with just KDB blanking three times (once with bonus). Salah so far has 118 points, but missed GW9. I'm not sure who an honest vice captain would be, because I would never have picked Bruno earlier on this season, ditto Kane and Son. Salah captain and Bruno vice, however, would get you 129*2 = 258. The same as what I have got with my picks each week! If I had KDB, Son or Kane as an auto vice my picks would be winning.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
This is my 2nd full season and feeling more confident than previous year. Still, I feel that Fantasy lies too much on luck. I swapped Salah for Bruno and captained him. Was just lucky that he did an amazing game vs Palace.

What do you think of my team? Who'd you swap?

0.2 in the bank, Wildcard activated.

Fabianski - Martin
Vestergaard- Walker-Peters - Chilwell - Zouma - Konsa
Salah - Grealish - Son - Soucek - Ward-Prowse
Bamford - DCL - Kane

Web of Bissaka

What do you think of my team? Who'd you swap?

0.2 in the bank, Wildcard activated.

Fabianski - Martin
Vestergaard- Walker-Peters - Chilwell - Zouma - Konsa
Salah - Grealish - Son - Soucek - Ward-Prowse
Bamford - DCL - Kane
Solid team.
Bruno is on fire, so maybe you may want to include him somehow and adjust the team.

Other than that...
Just the keeper I think, maybe best to switch to a better keeper. Fab is no good, with that price, just 4 CS in 14 games.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Solid team.
Bruno is on fire, so maybe you may want to include him somehow and adjust the team.

Other than that...
Just the keeper I think, maybe best to switch to a better keeper. Fab is no good, with that price, just 4 CS in 14 games.
Well, I'd need to cash in Son or Grealish then, but they are quite good this season. Good shout on keeper, I'll swap him. McCarthy would be okay, but I already have 3 players from Southampton. Johnstone is worth a shout, but he will have next game away vs Pool.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm looking at dropping Martin for Sánchez and Lamptey for Kilman... I'll be guaranteed a keeper then :lol: Thanks for the help, this game is painful when it's not going your way :D
Don't do Kilman. He's lost his place. I just ditched him.
Brighton's manager said Ryan can leave. So it surprisingly seems Sanchez is now the man.

Nickosaur

75 points with Taylor, Soucek and Chilwell still to play. If one of them doesn't play, Justin comes off the bench with 8.
In hindsight, maybe should have started him instead of Soucek... on the other hand, I was very confident Spurs would get a goal yesterday, as I'm sure most were.
My Bruno captaincy also has put me at around 160K OR. Had a slow start but hoping to reach my target of top 50K at the end of the season.