Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Which options from us would you consider right now? Tricky fixtures post Sheffield though, but we are playing well.
Greenwood could be a mighty differential if Rashford is out.

Neo_Mufc

Think it's time to start taking risks on the captaincy. I'm 900k OR. and 100 points off the top guy in my ML.

I'm thinking Gundo, Cancelo or Antonio.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Spurs look likely to have the tastiest double in GW26 (which is the next significant dgw).

I've done KDB > Gundo this week.

Probably Bamford > Kane the week after.

If Rashford is injured it saves me a benching headache anyway. Will have AWB coming on for hopefully a clean sheet.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Think it's time to start taking risks on the captaincy. I'm 900k OR. and 100 points off the top guy in my ML.

I'm thinking Gundo, Cancelo or Antonio.
In my experience that tends to lead to falling further behind, rather than catching up. This is a very unusual season though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I would never usually transfer in a player facing Liverpool next, but you have to fancy Son against that defence. I'm thinking of him rather than Gundogan, as I'm half considering a Man City triple up in defence (Cancelo, Stones, Dias)
That's what I've done. Being without Son/Kane has hurt me over the past couple of months. Plus Son tends to do well on the counter vs the top teams. He got 9 points last time Spurs played Liverpool.

Paul_Scholes18

For the next 3 weeks do we think Gundogan or Cancelo will score more points?

For being able to enjoy life and not enjoy City clean sheets too much I think I better get Gundogan since I already got Stones and Dias.
Although what actually brings more points is harder to predict.

I will probably sell or bench them past the easy games and just play Dias. Thus it is probably not worth having 3 City defenders.

Rooney24

There probably will be for some teams when the latter stages of the FA Cup clogs things up.

But regardless, at home to the bottom placed team and Bruno had a bit of a rest yesterday, Im banking on him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
That thought has crossed my mind. Is there another double gameweek and are United likely to be in it?
  • Aston Villa, Everton, Fulham, Manchester City, Southampton and Spurs all have at least two doubles to come.
  • Burnley and Leeds have at least one.
  • All teams to reach each of the FA Cup quarters, semis and the final will all have a further double and a further blank for each stage they reach.
It's very likely Spurs could have a triple gameweek should they go deep in the Europa and FA Cup due to lack of black midweeks in which to put fixtures.

Unless something very weird happens with the schedule, there is no chance of any double gameweeks until GW24 and 25 when the sides not competing in Europe could play, although generally the PL avoids scheduling on UEFA nights unless they have to.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Anyone know when Ole’s press conference is tomorrow? Need an update on Rashford, as my bench is Zouma, Adams and Mitchell.

Nickosaur

Stuck on bringing Gundogan or Foden in for Soucek. Gundogen cheaper and on pens. Foden probably more likely to score or assist.

Paul_Scholes18

You're tying up 1/8th of your budget in Salah. To not play him is madness unless you've found out he'll be benched.
Don't think it is if your cheap picks are good. For instance Antonio, Bamford vs Salah this week is not obvious.
Gundogan/Foden/Grealish/Maddison vs Salah not obvious this week etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't think it is if your cheap picks are good. For instance Antonio, Bamford vs Salah this week is not obvious.
Gundogan/Foden/Grealish/Maddison vs Salah not obvious this week etc.
Someone can outscore Salah in any given week, but the whole point of having a big sum tied in a player is because they are the most likely player to score big.

If you want to rest your big money players, be my guest though mate :lol: Just don't go whinging about it on here when they put 2 goals in.

Paul_Scholes18

Someone can outscore Salah in any given week, but the whole point of having a big sum tied in a player is because they are the most likely player to score big.

If you want to rest your big money players, be my guest though mate :lol: Just don't go whinging about it on here when they put 2 goals in.
Sure he could score big, but so could many other players as well.
Still he has blanked in 5 league games in a row and will play against Mourinho bus.

I am not going to bench him cause well Wilson has been even more shit than Salah.
Would not shock me though if Wilson scores two and Salah blanks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still he has blanked in 5 league games in a row and will play against Mourinho bus.

I am not going to bench him cause well Wilson has been even more shit than Salah.
Remember the witch doctor 5 match score less curse is over though. He's back scoring again now.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

It'd shock me if Wilson scores two

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keep an eye on the deadline tomorrow everyone (telling myself too!)
4.30pm will catch plenty out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Foden Vs Grealish Vs Bamford.
Need to put one on bench.
Now that's a tough one!

Grealish will have a storming game I dare say, but you never know if his mates are going to convert his chances.
He and Bamford will 100% start though. Will Foden? Probably, but you never know with Pep.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, my 2 decisions then are

1) KDB to who.
Gundogan/Sterling/Maddison/Foden is my current order of preference.
Half an eye on rolling the transfer to get Salah back in for free next game week

2)2 City defenders, but who as 3rd starter?

Dier, Coufal or Justin.

Coufal has cleanies in his last 3 games, Justin has the best chance of an assist, albeit a tough away at Everton, and will Tottenham keep a clean sheet? They always lose to Liverpool.

If i rolled the KDB decision I could pick 2 of the above defenders, but probably won't go that route.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone worth a - 4 both short and long term? Thinking Son, Kane, Grealish, Maddison, Barnes, DCl, Antonio? Anyone else I have missed. If I do not get Kane or Son then I might get them next week. Got Wilson and Saka as other weaker options for this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still majorly torn on Gundo v Sterling...hmm couple of hours to decide.

Gundo has 5 goals in 7, and Sterling about 1 goal in that time, but a few assists.
Pens for Gundo, threat of a big score for Sterling...
Gundo is more flexi to get others in, ie Salah - Son/Grealish goes to Salah easily in 1.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Any news on Rashford? Is he expected to play against Sheffield United?