Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Relying on Batshooooey and Ayew to puncture this clean sheet.
I think i'd genuinely rely on myself to attract a stunner.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Relying on Batshooooey and Ayew to puncture this clean sheet.
I think i'd genuinely rely on myself to attract a stunner.
Eze should have scored just now, Palace have been bad but have created a few chances. Don't look like scoring though, could do with the Leeds Cs getting wiped out too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Eze should have scored just now, Palace have been bad but have created a few chances. Don't look like scoring though, could do with the Leeds Cs getting wiped out too.
Half chance for Eze I think. A few other bits of appalling play from Ayew. No chance they score. And Bamford only double digits when I don't have him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can't believe I played Chilwell and benched Dallas thinking most likely Chilwell won't play and I'll get the Dallas points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well that's annoying. Had a 5 point lead with Bamford v a rival's Dallas, and Bamford somehow went from 3 bonus to 0, and Dallas ends up 3, so it's 6 - 12 and lose by 1 point. Garhh.

Neo_Mufc

Anyone like Harrison? He's someone I picked in draft and he's been very consistent last few weeks.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
A lot of people (myself included) are annoyed at leaving so many points on the bench (I left 26) but too be honest, with all that extra cash we had, you're bound to have a better bench and this is the consequence.

After the BGW, I'm gonna wildcard and bring back Forster, Bissouma, Kilman and Mitchell.

Never have I ever thought the idea of bringing in these guys will excite me so much :lol:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
So Soucek's red card has been overturned.

Come on FPL, take off that -3.

Patchbeard

A lot of people (myself included) are annoyed at leaving so many points on the bench (I left 26) but too be honest, with all that extra cash we had, you're bound to have a better bench and this is the consequence.

After the BGW, I'm gonna wildcard and bring back Forster, Bissouma, Kilman and Mitchell.

Never have I ever thought the idea of bringing in these guys will excite me so much :lol:
Some of the sub GKs have dropped to 3.9 :drool: Tempted to ditch Areola for one now just to avoid the Martinez v Areola conundrum again.

Alan Partridge

35 points on my bench. More than half what my illustrious starting 11 managed.

Not going to rip up my team too much for this double. Probably just bring in Pope for de Gea and hope Martinez doesn’t go mad on my bench again. That’ll give me 5 with doubles and leave a transfer in hand to help navigate the following turmoil.

ROFLUTION

Considering going from Grealish to Watkins if Grealish doesnt hit at Brighton. Seems like he isnt that much involved when Barkley takes up the attacking midfielder spot. Anyone who've seen Villa, agree?

A lot of good midfield options emerging for GW26, so its almost a matter of using the 5 spots in the best possible manner, as Bruno, Salah, Gundo, Son is probably settled.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dallas saved my week, only got 21 points behind 2nd place and 12 points behind the leader in my worst gameweek in a while. Only going to get better now I hope.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
To bring in Kane next week, I'm thinking of dropping son for James Rodriguez (double game week) this week.

I'm not sure how much spurs will trouble City's defense this weekend.

As long as Kane is fit, i'd rather have him than son.

Bygone Sounds

79 points. Moving up to 3 676 in OR. Only minor blip was bringing in Pope instead of Meslier and putting him on instead of Martinez. Really thought Arsenal would do better.

Anyhow, current "balanced-team-strategy" seem to work, no real high scoring rounds but usually slightly above average.

Going forward. Planning to have Pope for their double and Bamford/Dallas for their double. Only doubt is no Leicester coverage but really thought Justin would lose his spot. Apparently that does not seem likely now. Even with Pereira back Justin starts.

Nickosaur

77 for the week, despite the Soucek red and having Dallas and DCL on the bench. Can't complain.

Going to get really interesting over the next few weeks with some teams having dgws (City, Everton, Leeds, Burnley, Soton etc) before the big DGW in 26. Still not totally sure what my strategy is...

Dan_F

Mini league leader got Dallas off the bench this week, which has saved him again. Meanwhile I’ve got DCL sat there as first sub.

2 point lead now though, so he’s on borrowed time.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
78 points for the week with 13 left on the bench. I didn't realise Kane would be back so he stayed on the bench. Needless to say he's back in the starting 11 with Saka on the bench.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is it worth taking a hit to bring in Mee for Dier?

Neo_Mufc

We think Sterling might be back on the pens after Gundos miss? Highly likely I think making me think I should maybe swap him out but for the 5.5m I paid it's really silly.

Edit: Last game week KDB was the hot favourite and it was a TC failure. Anyone tempted to have fun with this one? Maybe a Burnley player?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it worth taking a hit to bring in Mee for Dier?
Seems a bit of a ropey one, unless you think Dier has now properly lost his place and is in effect dead weight going forward.

Otherwise, presumably you have another defender who would play, and will get 2minimum - meaning you need a Mee cleany just to break even.

Who are your other defenders?

RashyForPM

We think Sterling might be back on the pens after Gundos miss? Highly likely I think making me think I should maybe swap him out but for the 5.5m I paid it's really silly.
I honestly think Ederson :lol: Pep Guardiola is my idol keeps bringing up the topic of him being the new penalty taker even when no one is asking him specifically. No need to talk about something so trivial otherwise. I’m going to try to make room for him actually. Worth the risk considering they keep loads of clean sheets anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Edit: Last game week KDB was the hot favourite and it was a TC failure. Anyone tempted to have fun with this one? Maybe a Burnley player?
Wouldn't have thought Sterling will be anywhere near pens again.
He's dreadful.

Gundo should get the next one I'd have thought unless Aguero or KDB are back.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seems a bit of a ropey one, unless you think Dier has now properly lost his place and is in effect dead weight going forward.

Otherwise, presumably you have another defender who would play, and will get 2minimum - meaning you need a Mee cleany just to break even.

Who are your other defenders?
It was more in mind to take advantage of the DGW, and he's the easiest change to make. I have 2 City defenders, Dier, Mitchell and Shaw.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I honestly think Ederson :lol: Pep Guardiola is my idol keeps bringing up the topic of him being the new penalty taker even when no one is asking him specifically. No need to talk about something so trivial otherwise. I’m going to try to make room for him actually. Worth the risk considering they keep loads of clean sheets anyway.
You're better off getting a city defender like Dias. Ederson does keep clean sheets but he doesn't get many save points or bonus points. Martinez and Pope are the best keepers.

Three way Burnley play, they limit the opponent's to long range shots and let Pope rack up easy saves, which contribute to his bonus points for example.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was more in mind to take advantage of the DGW, and he's the easiest change to make. I have 2 City defenders, Dier, Mitchell and Shaw.
It all needs weighing up.
The other chap said about if you take Dier out, you might not actually lose out with a hit, as Mee will most likely at least get you 2 per game (getting your -4 back) and Dier if he has lost his place get s0.

However, you'll want to play the 2 City and Shaw, and you'll probably want to play 7 of your front 8.

So the bigger question, is whether Mee -4 will outscore Shaw and the rest of your "front" 7.

Neo_Mufc

Is there ever a danger that if saved there's no keeper in goal?

RashyForPM

You're better off getting a city defender like Dias. Ederson does keep clean sheets but he doesn't get many save points or bonus points. Martinez and Pope are the best keepers.

Three way Burnley play, they limit the opponent's to long range shots and let Pope rack up easy saves, which contribute to his bonus points for example.
Yeah I do have Dias already. I’m aiming for the City trio of Ederson, Dias and Sterling. Pope is good but no need to change my current keeper Martinez for him I think. He has the second most clean sheets in the league behind Ederson.
Is there ever a danger that if saved there's no keeper in goal?
The City players will just hack someone down to stop the counter, safe in the knowledge that the ref will bottle any call to send them off considering how high up the pitch they are. And generally, a pen shouldn’t be missed anyway, especially if Ederson is a supposedly better taker than renowned penalty takers like Gundogan and De Bruyne :lol:

Nickosaur

Burnley currently 1-0 in FA Cup. No idea if this is a good or bad thing :lol:

I need ben crellin to sort this all out for me once the fa cup fixtures have been played.