Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Nickosaur

Dias, Justin, Antonio, DCL. Feck the FA Cup!

To be fair, I expect Dias to be fit at least, and Antonio 50/50. If Moyes rules him out though I may swap him for Watkins.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
FFS. What have I woken up to. Dias, Digne, DCL, Antonio all flagged. DGW in tatters.

I can cover 3 of them with my bench (Cresswell, Son, Watkins). I guess I might bring Bamford in a week early for Antonio or DCl if it's serious.

Pain in the arse though. Especially with the likes of Digne if they are 50/50 for the first game as that's the main one I want them for.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Antonio and Dias in doubt for me. I think Antonio is healthy, Dias is 50/50 or better so not overly concerned. I got Bamford, Dallas and Bowen (against Sheff Utd) on my bench so could make a swap easily. I already have my three next moves planned (Bowen -> Raphinha, Antonio -> Kane, Raphinha -> Maddison).

Dan_F

I’ve only got DCL and Antonio flagged, but the DCL one is a right kick in the balls. I got him back a couple weeks ago, he blanked when i captained him, got 12 points when I benched him, and is now on course to miss the double.

Unless we get significant team/fixture news, I’ll probably just roll my transfer. I’ve got Bamford and Dallas to come in, but I expect Antonio might play at least. I really need to nail my free transfers for week 26 and 30 (no free hit left) and I can’t do that right now.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
People saying free hit gw 29 for some reason, probably fa cup games. I want to maximise my bench boost option by having that on a doubl gw too. Im tempted to triple captain a city player like Gundogen this week but im not sure if he'll play both games.
What’s the play for people with free hit, bench boost, and wildcard left?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pope DCL Antonio Dias and Justin all marked as doubtful. That's some heavily owned players, anyone has an update on their chances?
Can't imagine Justin or DCL have a chance. Justin was stretchered off wasn't he? If DCL is coming off with a hamstring, and spend 3 weeks out not too long ago (though he only missed 1 league game), he surely won't be risked given any eventuality v Fulham on Sunday - and that was the game we wanted him for!

Could have a double in week 26 still though. I thought moving him to Richarlison might make sense? Almost exact same price, but a huge punt, as he's not scored above 2 for 6 game weeks, has only scored 2 this whole season, and out of his 5 assists, 3 were against Wbrom when they were down to 10 for half a game early season.

Getting Ings in could be an idea, as he has a double next week. But he's not scored for 4 himself.

But ahem, back to your question - Dias/Antonio/Pope surely have a decent chance. Don't sound too bad.

Pressers hopefully give us more idea.

Personally I have Justin/Dias/DCL issues, with a niggle that if Rodri is out Gundo may be used deeper.

Glad to have 2 freebies to sort things out, but sod's law that 3 of the issues are about double gamers!

Might use this mess to get Shaw in though. Away to West Brom could be profitable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People saying free hit gw 29 for some reason, probably fa cup games. I want to maximise my bench boost option by having that on a doubl gw too. Im tempted to triple captain a city player like Gundogen this week but im not sure if he'll play both games.
Free hit is designed for weeks like 29.

If you have 4-5 games only, you'll do very well to field 11, especially if the big hitters don't play.

I'd be nervous if I'd used mine!

If you don't have a FH left, you have 5 weeks or so to get yourself enough coverage to not take a 30-40 point battering off rivals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What’s the play for people with free hit, bench boost, and wildcard left?
Potentially using your wildcard week 25, BB week 26, trying to get 15 double gamers (plenty of big clubs have a double, so not like you'd be filling up on chumps), and then FH in week 29.

Potentially.

TC if Tottenham or City have a favourable double elsewhere.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I may leave Antonio in and if he don't play, then Bamford will replace him. Antonio will either start or not play at all I reckon.

The danger with going for this approach with DCL is that I could imagine him missing the Fulham game and playing in the City game, which will feck us all over!

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Surely that's the wrong way round? Week 26 will have more doubles
Can’t play bench boost and wildcard in the same week and I already have 9 DGW players in 25. And 3 City players. Then I can wildcard in 26 without having to worry about 25 players like Bamford with a single GW in 26.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
And Villa and West Brom and Everton. I’m going with Ben Crellins sheets and that says they have doubles too?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It appears Fulham will have both DGWs and play in the BGW. Might get one of their defenders just for the appearance points.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I may leave Antonio in and if he don't play, then Bamford will replace him. Antonio will either start or not play at all I reckon.

The danger with going for this approach with DCL is that I could imagine him missing the Fulham game and playing in the City game, which will feck us all over!
Yep. I have Digne and DCL (as well as Antonio and Dias) and that's my worry too. If I don't hear that they're fit for the Fulham game then I will bench them I think as I'm expecting nothing but 2 points max vs City.

My bench is currently Cresswell, Son and Watkins so happy for them to come in to cover 3 of them.

I might bring in Bamford early with my free transfer for Antonio if he's injured and not just 'fatigued'. I'm not getting drawn into bringing in a Burnley striker either.

The major thing that worries me this week is no Sterling after seeing how many goals Everton and Spurs shipped last night. Captain is Gundogan at moment.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
And Villa and West Brom and Everton. I’m going with Ben Crellins sheets and that says they have doubles too?
They might have doubles in that week. Those doubles could also fall into subsequent weeks too. As is he has them as less likely than not (1-40% chance) of occurring in 25.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Can't imagine Justin or DCL have a chance. Justin was stretchered off wasn't he? If DCL is coming off with a hamstring, and spend 3 weeks out not too long ago (though he only missed 1 league game), he surely won't be risked given any eventuality v Fulham on Sunday - and that was the game we wanted him for!

Could have a double in week 26 still though. I thought moving him to Richarlison might make sense? Almost exact same price, but a huge punt, as he's not scored above 2 for 6 game weeks, has only scored 2 this whole season, and out of his 5 assists, 3 were against Wbrom when they were down to 10 for half a game early season.

Getting Ings in could be an idea, as he has a double next week. But he's not scored for 4 himself.

But ahem, back to your question - Dias/Antonio/Pope surely have a decent chance. Don't sound too bad.

Pressers hopefully give us more idea.

Personally I have Justin/Dias/DCL issues, with a niggle that if Rodri is out Gundo may be used deeper.

Glad to have 2 freebies to sort things out, but sod's law that 3 of the issues are about double gamers!

Might use this mess to get Shaw in though. Away to West Brom could be profitable.
Hmmm, Ings could be a good shout actually depending on the severity of the DCL injury. Think I fancy him at home to Wolves over Bamford away to Arsenal and I'd have both the week after anyway. Then Ings > Kane for 26.

Although if I do this I'll likely want DCL back for 26 as well (if fit) so I'm already locking myself in to 2 consecutive 4 pt hits.

Last edited:

Leonzo1

Gundo or Bruno for Captaincy? Sure Gundo has a double but those are two very tough games. Meanwhile Bruno is away to a team that shipped a whopping 54 goals, Reckon it's one of the worst defensive records ever at this stage of the season.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Gundo or Bruno for Captaincy? Sure Gundo has a double but those are two very tough games. Meanwhile Bruno is away to a team that shipped a whopping 54 goals, Reckon it's one of the worst defensive records ever at this stage of the season.
I don't think they are tough games. Not for attackers and certainly not for City. Bruno you would expect to get something though for sure.

Nickosaur

Leaning towards captain Gundogan. Although few people seem to think the Rodri injury means Gundogan plays deeper...

I have 2x FTs and while Kane does have City this weekend, I am kinda tempted to remove DCL and Antonio for Kane and Watkins.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Leaning towards captain Gundogan. Although few people seem to think the Rodri injury means Gundogan plays deeper...

I have 2x FTs and while Kane does have City this weekend, I am kinda tempted to remove DCL and Antonio for Kane and Watkins.
True. It's Mourinho though so Spurs will sit back, Cancelo will spend most of his time in midfield and I still expect Gundogan to get into the box whe he can.

Rodri or Fernandinho back for Everton as well surely who can't defend for shit.

Starting to talk myself into a hit now to get Sterling and remove Dias...

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
They might have doubles in that week. Those doubles could also fall into subsequent weeks too. As is he has them as less likely than not (1-40% chance) of occurring in 25.
Allright then i have to do it the other way around probably.

Leonzo1

What's all this talk about Ederson taking pens for City? Surely he'll be in 90% of teams within a week.

Deery

Dreary
Thinking of triple captaining Jesus this weekend will be definitely start do you think or fall victim to Pep’s brutal rotation policy?

saivet

What's all this talk about Ederson taking pens for City? Surely he'll be in 90% of teams within a week.
It's all talk at the moment. If he actually takes and scores one or two, I could imagine there being a scramble to bring him in but until it happens I doubt many will get drawn in.

saivet

With DCL a doubt and my only other DGW players being Cancelo and Lowton. I think I'm going to just captain Bruno anyway as we have West Brom away.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thinking of triple captaining Jesus this weekend will be definitely start do you think or fall victim to Pep’s brutal rotation policy?
Pep roulette victim written all over him.

RedDevil@84

Thinking of selling Maddison for Harrison and making money to bring back Kane for Antonio.

Good idea?

RedDevil@84

What about that Rapinha guy seems to be playing quite well, I’d definitely have Kane over Antonio..
It always seems like a toss between Raphinha and Harrison in Leeds team. Both players seem to come up with a goal or assist.
I am just confused whether dropping Maddison for them is worth it.