Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Seriously people going to captain a keeper?

I think I have never done that ever in FPL. I guess Pep roulette makes it tempting.

Pope is arguably the best pick if you want a Burnley captain too?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is there any with both? Or is the double in 26 basically the replacement for those blanks?
Nothing confirmed yet but both Villa and Spurs are likely to double in 26 and play each other in 29.

RashyForPM

Got 10 players locked in, but have two questions:

1) Start Bamford (Arsenal away) or Coufal (Sheff Utd at home)? Surely Coufal, because a West Ham clean sheet is more likely than a Bamford goal right?

2) Captain Pope, Stones, Sterling or Bruno? On Pope at the moment. Last time I captained a keeper was in 2013, but his fixtures are too good to ignore.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance lads.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is there any with both? Or is the double in 26 basically the replacement for those blanks?
Spurs and Villa are the players to target. They double with decent fixtures in 26 and then most likely will play each other in the blank. Fulham have a chance to have a double this week, then potentially double again in 26 and also play the blank. But to be honest, who the feck from Fulham would you get? They're useless.

Got 10 players locked in, but have two questions:

1) Start Bamford (Arsenal away) or Coufal (Sheff Utd at home)? Surely Coufal, because a West Ham clean sheet is more likely than a Bamford goal right?

2) Captain Pope, Stones, Sterling or Bruno? On Pope at the moment. Last time I captained a keeper was in 2013, but his fixtures are too good to ignore.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance lads.
I always go for the attacking option so I'm going for Bamford with Coufal first on the bench. Coufal (and many West Ham defenders) just played 120 minutes. Unless your confident he will start and assist, then Bamford is a no brainer. A clean sheet can get wiped in the first minute of a game and suddenly, it's doom and gloom. Bamford could be shite all game and still score in the last minute... jubilation!

Mate, captain Sterling, it's a no-brainer. Bruno is a good shout but I'd rather back the player that has two games. These aren't some easy games like West Brom or Fulham so Pep in theory play Sterling in both. Pope can easily get decent points but I just don't trust defenders, ESPECIALLY GKs, who if they concede, that's your week fecked.

Look at it this way, there are hundreds of ways for Pope to concede and hundreds of ways for Sterling to get attacking returns.

But those are just my thoughts.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
For once I'm gonna do nothing as usually when I make a last minute decision it blows up in my face. 2 FT's next week to double up on Leeds. Kane in the week after. Should have 11 doublers in 26.

Areola
Dias Cancelo Mee Digne
Gundogan (c) Bruno (vc) Rashford Soucek
Antonio Watkins

Bench: Martinez, Cresswell, Son, DCL

Let's go

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only realised I've had Justin from week 1 when seeing I get a measly 4.8m from selling him when he's valued at 5.2m.
Bought at 4.5m.

Feels pretty rubbish to lose 0.4m squad value for an essential sale. Oh well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Uggghh... I just picked Coufal over Targett in my team.
Should I change back?
Coufal has started 22/23 league games mate. I'd imagine the game he missed was injury.

They have Ogbonna injured now, and have Balbiena 50-50, so I can't see Coufal being rested all of a sudden.

I'd imagine Diop plays instead of Ogbonna if recovered from a head knock, or Johnson after him. Would be crazy to rest Coufal.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Coufal has started 22/23 league games mate. I'd imagine the game he missed was injury.

They have Ogbonna injured now, and have Balbiena 50-50, so I can't see Coufal being rested all of a sudden.

I'd imagine Diop plays instead of Ogbonna if recovered from a head knock, or Johnson after him. Would be crazy to rest Coufal.
The game he missed he was rested. I know this because that's the week I bought him in :lol:

But agreed, I think he'll play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, here's the scenario, doublers in caps, subs in brackets as it stands
2 FT 0.3m in the bank. Justin sale price just 4.8m for me unfortunately.

POPE (Mendy)
STONES DIAS Coufal (Dier, Justin)
GUNDO (c) Salah Bruno Grealish Son
Bamford Watkins (DCL)

Thoughts
  1. Shaw looks appetising. In for Justin the obvious best bet. Would then have to bench Bamford or Son. Hard to bench a 9m man though.
  2. Sterling would be interesting, but hard games, Pep roulette, and difficult to manipulate the team as I have my 3 City players already
  3. DCL. Leave, as he has a double in 2 weeks? Risk to Richarlison - but then who else do i bench? (he has poor recent form).
So just doing 1 would play

POPE
STONES DIAS Coufal Shaw
GUNDO (c) Salah Bruno Grealish Son
Watkins

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Only realised I've had Justin from week 1 when seeing I get a measly 4.8m from selling him when he's valued at 5.2m.
Bought at 4.5m.

Feels pretty rubbish to lose 0.4m squad value for an essential sale. Oh well.
Or looking at it another way you've made £0.3m profit on a player who's got you a shit load of points that likely won't play again this season.

You a glass is half empty guy?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or looking at it another way you've made £0.3m profit on a player who's got you a shit load of points that likely won't play again this season.

You a glass is half empty guy?
No, he's done brilliantly for me. I suppose I'd forgotten I'd had him all season and peril of the big value loss of someone like that.
Worst ever was Fabregas losing about 0.6m one season.

RashyForPM

I always go for the attacking option so I'm going for Bamford with Coufal first on the bench. Coufal (and many West Ham defenders) just played 120 minutes. Unless your confident he will start and assist, then Bamford is a no brainer. A clean sheet can get wiped in the first minute of a game and suddenly, it's doom and gloom. Bamford could be shite all game and still score in the last minute... jubilation!

Mate, captain Sterling, it's a no-brainer. Bruno is a good shout but I'd rather back the player that has two games. These aren't some easy games like West Brom or Fulham so Pep in theory play Sterling in both. Pope can easily get decent points but I just don't trust defenders, ESPECIALLY GKs, who if they concede, that's your week fecked.

Look at it this way, there are hundreds of ways for Pope to concede and hundreds of ways for Sterling to get attacking returns.

But those are just my thoughts.
Thanks for the reply mate :) Decided to follow your advice for the captain bit and go for Sterling. For the Coufal/Bamford bit though, I’m going for the Czech because Sheff Utd are just so bad, and a clean sheet will result in 6 points, same as one Bamford goal.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thanks for the reply mate :) Decided to follow your advice for the captain bit and go for Sterling. For the Coufal/Bamford bit though, I’m going for the Czech because Sheff Utd are just so bad, and a clean sheet will result in 6 points, same as one Bamford goal.
I agree with the other guy. I'd definately be playing Bamford over Coufal. Leeds are outstanding on the road, the most attacking team in the league, and Bamford has had more big chances than anyone I believe. He could easily haul. West Ham look knackered, are without Ogbonna, and Sheff Utd have improved slightly. It's 6 points at best for Coufal, Bamford is fixture proof and like Soucek is a dangerous player to ever drop

United58

Easy. Justin out. His season is over. Dallas maybe in prep for the double next week.

Or one of the defenders doubling this week.

Depends on who you want to bench.
Justin and DCL out
Dallas and Kane in

Thank you very much - went DCL and Justin out, Bamford and Dallas in. Will definitely keep a close eye on Kane, but Bamford has 3 games in the next 2 gameweeks and gives me a lot of financial wiggle room

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Highlight of the previous page has to be someone with triple Burnley defensive coverage being advised to TC one of them :lol: :lol:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Must stop making my transfers early. Must stop making my transfers early. Myst stop making my transfers early.

That should do it.

Pat Evra

I am tempted to captain Ederson. He is one of the few that is safe from Pep-roulette and I expect at least one CS from these two games they have.

I also have Digne, Bruno, Cancelo, Stones as possible options.

Cornish

Mee, Lowton or Tarkowski??

Who do you reckon? Last time I had to pick between a teams defenders I went for Cancelo over Stones on the last double game week (When stones scored 27 points!!) so could do with someone else to blame this time!!

Schneiderman

Still have my transfer available. Was planning on Salah to Sterling and captain. Might go -4 Son to Sterling and a punt on DCL to Barnes for 2 gameweeks instead. Wildcard 26 and FH 29. Never thought I'd be taking a hit for a Burnley attacker.

Schneiderman

Mee, Lowton or Tarkowski??

Who do you reckon? Last time I had to pick between a teams defenders I went for Cancelo over Stones on the last double game week (When stones scored 27 points!!) so could do with someone else to blame this time!!
Fantasy Football Scout says Lowton... so one of the others.

Cornish

Fantasy Football Scout says Lowton... so one of the others.
Gut instinct was Tarkowski so think I'll go with him. He's almost certain to play both, is a goal threat and the person I'm trying to chase down in my mini league has Mee. Annoyingly it's a replacement for Charlie Taylor but I don't think he'll play both games which is the main idea behind getting a Burnley defender in this week.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not confirmed yet but pretty much nailed on.

See this...

Thanks, very useful... though did result in me making a spreadsheet for my team for the next 6 weeks games.

* Martinez - keep, good, decent fixtures
* Forster - change for wk 25. Meslier
* Dias - keep
* Stones - keep
* Bednarek - ? Team iffy, piss DGW
* Ayling - keep, DGW, ok fixtures
* Justin - swap now for Burnley Def
* Bruno - keep obvs
* Rashford - keep, good fixtures
* Gundogan - keep
* Son - keep, good fixtures after City
* Maddison - ok, probably keep
* Bamford - keep, ok fixtures
* Watkins - keep, ok fixtures
* Kane - see Son

Players bold play - which 3 of Son, Maddison, Kane and Bamford to play this week?

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I am tempted to captain Ederson. He is one of the few that is safe from Pep-roulette and I expect at least one CS from these two games they have.

I also have Digne, Bruno, Cancelo, Stones as possible options.
Eurgh. Such a low ceiling though. You do you but I couldn't play like that. Unless he genuinely is on pens...

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Playing the following :
Martinez
Cresswell, Shaw, Dias, Stones
Soucek, Bruno, Salah, Grealish, Gundo
Bamford
Bench : Dallas, Antonio DCL 4.0

Am i crazy for banking my ft?

Pat Evra

Eurgh. Such a low ceiling though. You do you but I couldn't play like that. Unless he genuinely is on pens...
Well, it's kind of a win-win. If they concede, that means there's bigger chance they drop some points. If they don't, at least I get some FPL points. I would go with Cancelo, but not sure if he's going to play both games.

Now watch them getting two 3-1 wins. ☹

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not having a freehit for Gameweek 29 sounds rancid, and I'm dreading it.

It'll surely be more than just those 3 games that's listed already no?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Using my second FT on DCL to Kane, after using my first on Antonio to DCL. Not taking any hits for this shit. Just need to pay someone to come up with a plan for the next few weeks for me

Martinez
Dias Cancelo Cresswell
Salah Bruno Son Gundogan Soucek
Kane Lacazette (who was meant to be gone with the second FT)

Forster Dallas Mitchell Brewster

WC/FH/BB left

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That is me!

I have to start taking risks, 750k rank is not doing much for me.
Using my second FT on DCL to Kane, after using my first on Antonio to DCL. Not taking any hits for this shit. Just need to pay someone to come up with a plan for the next few weeks for me

Martinez
Dias Cancelo Cresswell
Salah Bruno Son Gundogan Soucek
Kane Lacazette (who was meant to be gone with the second FT)

Forster Dallas Mitchell Brewster

WC/FH/BB left
I swear I don't know how some people's minds work. It's madness :lol:

Why would you TC a Burnley player :lol: you want to take a risk? TC Dallas next week or Bamford. Or Salah in his double game week as most people won't be captaining him.

As for DCL in and then out for Kane, why would you transfer in Kane before he plays City? Sure he can nick a goal but this is the best defence in the country. You don't need him for this week. A better transfer would be to bring in a Burnley defender.