Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Tarrou

I think I might dust off the wildcard for GW25 to try and setup for the next few weeks of fixture madness

then BB in 26

and FH in 29 because there's only a few fixtures

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I swear I don't know how some people's minds work. It's madness :lol:

Why would you TC a Burnley player :lol: you want to take a risk? TC Dallas next week or Bamford. Or Salah in his double game week as most people won't be captaining him.

As for DCL in and then out for Kane, why would you transfer in Kane before he plays City? Sure he can nick a goal but this is the best defence in the country. You don't need him for this week. A better transfer would be to bring in a Burnley defender.
I wanted Kane back in anyway and it’s better than an injured player

Neo_Mufc

I swear I don't know how some people's minds work. It's madness :lol:

Why would you TC a Burnley player :lol: you want to take a risk? TC Dallas next week or Bamford. Or Salah in his double game week as most people won't be captaining him.

As for DCL in and then out for Kane, why would you transfer in Kane before he plays City? Sure he can nick a goal but this is the best defence in the country. You don't need him for this week. A better transfer would be to bring in a Burnley defender.
I don't have my triple captain left.

It is madness, I will only captain Gundogan otherwise but I feel like doing something crazy. I'm also chasing a mini league with money on the line so meh.

Edit: I'm starting to doubt myself now.........might switch to Gundo.

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

The whisky made me do it.... Pope triple captain!
Interestingly, I was thinking the same. He has been one of my standout FPL players, so reliable and keeping so many clean sheets, getting me so many bonus points but captaining a goalkeeper is never a good idea and now you're going to triple captain him. Each to his own. I guess you're very confident Burnley will get a clean sheet against both Palace and Fulham.

Took a -12 for this team.

Pope
Mee, Creswell, Stones, Dias
Gundogan (Captain), Rodriguez, Soucek, Son
Richarlison (Vice-Captain), Watkins

Bench: Johnstone, Bamford, Dallas, Barnes

Leonzo1

Captain Bruno or Gundo the only question remaining. Heart says Bruno, head says Gundo.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Wildcard tweaked again.

Pope
Shaw / Cancelo / Tarkowski
Sterling (c) / Gundo / Raphinha / Bruno / Rashford
Watkins / Bamford

Martinez / Dunk / Dallas / Kane

Rashford will become Son in GW26 and a couple of transfers will set up a full 11 for GW29. Fixtures will decide the team every week (except for the city players who will always play). Will always play 3 defenders, and drop the one of the front 8 with the hardest fixture. If that means choosing between Raphinha/Bamford or Son/Kane I'll always keep the striker. If I stick with that plan it will make the inevitable bench points easier to deal with hopefully.

Last edited:

Dudu

Only 4 DGWers for me. Zero Everton players with DCL injured. How boring :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gonna do Justin to Shaw. Two good fixtures over two weeks and a double in 26.

Already have Pope for doubling.

This means i have a benching headache.

Bamford v Coufal.
Other years id always go striker. But Sheff Utd is such a banker. However, Coufal very rarely hits above 6 points.
Bamford despite frustrating us all often scores anywhere.

Son Grealish Watkins could easily 2 point. But too risky considering benching.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only 4 DGWers for me. Zero Everton players with DCL injured. How boring :(
Same here. Looked at Richarlison hard. But despite two goals midweek it just doesn't feel right. And causes even sillier benching issues from what i just posted above.

United Hobbit

Is DCL likely to play at all, or am I safer binning him for Kane? If Kane goes up after this week, I won't be able to afford him.

Loathe to remove him with that double but don't want him wasting a space if he's definitely not playing

I see Antonio is "fatigued" terrific...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ended up BB'ing, mostly because I want to wildcard next week and don't want to carry extra funds on my bench when I do. Will be glad to get it out of the way.

Also meant I got to take a fun one-week punt on Cavani.

Dudu

Same here. Looked at Richarlison hard. But despite two goals midweek it just doesn't feel right. And causes even sillier benching issues from what i just posted above.
Exactly my thinking as well. Wonder if we'll both regret it..

Is DCL likely to play at all, or am I safer binning him for Kane? If Kane goes up after this week, I won't be able to afford him.

Loathe to remove him with that double but don't want him wasting a space if he's definitely not playing

Ancelotti said will probably miss Fulham and play City.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Dcl won't play v Fulham. But could do v City.

I'm... benching but probs moving to Ings next week. Making extra money by moving Mendy to McCarthy. Once checking he plays today and only saw forster come in as it was a cup game midweek.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Could do. But probably won't want him next week. And would mean a -4 to get Ings in.
Plus whoever plays instead of Richarlison would score some points too.

So a lot to consider.
But I'm staying as safe as i can. Shaw in for Justin. And play Bamford Son and Grealish as those hauling would be more annoying than Coufal 6 on my bench.

United Hobbit

Dcl won't play v Fulham. But could do v City.

I'm... benching but probs moving to Ings next week. Making extra money by moving Mendy to McCarthy. Once checking he plays today and only saw forster come in as it was a cup game midweek.
Thanks, I've binned him for Kane. If it were the other way round, eg he plays Fulham, I'd keep him. I'm at risk if Kane goes up even .1 this week as getting him this week left me with 0 funds, plus just seen on here he may have a double in week 26, so want to secure having him

Will save my TC, especially if that double for Tottenham does happen- too much risk of a Pepping using it today plus they technically aren't really simple fixtures for City. Have captained Gundogan though

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Right, I've sold Salah and brought in Sterling which means I hope Salah blanks at Leicester. I've never come close to calling Pep a 'wanker' but I'll be tempted to if Sterling doesn't play agaist Spurs.

Dudu

Could do. But probably won't want him next week. And would mean a -4 to get Ings in.
Plus whoever plays instead of Richarlison would score some points too.

So a lot to consider.
But I'm staying as safe as i can. Shaw in for Justin. And play Bamford Son and Grealish as those hauling would be more annoying than Coufal 6 on my bench.
:lol:

Hear, Hear.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just about got my Justin to Shaw in! Phew.
Gundo cap, put Bruno as Vice (oddly had it as Bamford) just on that tiny chance somehow Gundo misses both games.

Coufal bench is awkward, but probably the lowest risk. Hope they concede now losing 1-0 would be ideal!

Would have been more fun watching United with 3 players, but 2 still keeps the fun but without upsetting longer term plans.
Plus no sick game of Bamford roulette and waking up to find he's scored 10 on the bench this week :)

Best of luck all!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
United playing West Brom means I've taken the risk of not captaining a City player and Bruno remains my captain.

Nickosaur

Few people in my ML have doubled or even tripled on Burnley defence this week. I've just got Lowton, so now not sure if I want to see 2x Burnley clean sheets...

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Leader of the league I'm second in captained Pope. Seems a bit mad to me, but he's top and I'm second so what do I know

Dudu

Top 10k captains:

Gundogan 50.4%
Sterling 30.2%
Bruno 9.7%
Pope 1.9%
Foden 1.3%
Richarlison 1.1%
Mee 0.8%
Cancelo 0.7%

Worried about Sterling! Also, Bruno somehow still has an EO above 100 this week. Damn.

Nickosaur

Top 10k captains:

Gundogan 50.4%
Sterling 30.2%
Bruno 9.7%
Pope 1.9%
Foden 1.3%
Richarlison 1.1%
Mee 0.8%
Cancelo 0.7%

Worried about Sterling! Also, Bruno somehow still has an EO above 100 this week. Damn.
Yeah as someone who doesn't own sterling, he could really punish me this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A rival has taken -4 to get 7 doubles.
Double burnley defence and barnes in
Grealish Watkins Martinez all benched. Hope he's massively punished by villa.

Last edited:

Leonzo1

Went with Bruno captain instead of Gundogan on a hunch. Dreading those City fixtures now, somehow Gundo has an EO of 140% which is ridiculous consider he was barely owned by anyone a month ago.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Top 10k captains:

Gundogan 50.4%
Sterling 30.2%
Bruno 9.7%
Pope 1.9%
Foden 1.3%
Richarlison 1.1%
Mee 0.8%
Cancelo 0.7%

Just hope the Pep roulette kicks in for Sterling.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just hope the Pep roulette kicks in for Sterling.
I hope so too but the fixtures are relatively difficult and therefore sterling will most likely play on both.

I'm thinking I can get Ings for next week but I'd be taking a hit to get him and then a hit to remove him... Not sure that's worth it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went with Bruno captain instead of Gundogan on a hunch. Dreading those City fixtures now, somehow Gundo has an EO of 140% which is ridiculous consider he was barely owned by anyone a month ago.
How does a player with 29.8% ownership get an EO of 140% out of interest?