Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Can I reopen the Salah/Mane debate :lol:

Someone convince me that they are value at 12m when KDB/Sterling/Bruno/Sancho (who I think is inevitably joining) will be cheaper.

KDB got more points comfortably than Mane, and more than Salah and is cheaper. This is mental stuff.
I think there was a case while Salah was taking pens and KDB was not, but KDB took the last couple last year and scored them all. If he carries on taking them then I’d bank the 0.5m. I’d put Salah ahead of Mane for this exact reason.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think there was a case while Salah was taking pens and KDB was not, but KDB took the last couple last year and scored them all. If he carries on taking them then I’d bank the 0.5m. I’d put Salah ahead of Mane for this exact reason.
So interestingly you would still have Salah or Mane with KDB.

It's certainly a tricky one. KDB is a set and forget player and with our fixtures Bruno/Sancho seems a must too. Wondering how much that leaves for wriggle room when looking at Salah.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
So interestingly you would still have Salah or Mane with KDB.

It's certainly a tricky one. KDB is a set and forget player and with our fixtures Bruno/Sancho seems a must too. Wondering how much that leaves for wriggle room when looking at Salah.
Well I’d have KDB ahead of both and Salah ahead of Mane, but I didn’t manage to find room for 2 in my team now Auba has become a midfielder! Reality is probably aslong as you’ve got 2 of the 4 you won’t be far away. It’s the rest of the squad that will separate everyone!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can I reopen the Salah/Mane debate :lol:

Someone convince me that they are value at 12m when KDB/Sterling/Bruno/Sancho (who I think is inevitably joining) will be cheaper.

KDB got more points comfortably than Mane, and more than Salah and is cheaper. This is mental stuff.
KDB for a lot of points from pens. When Kun is back, KDB won't be taking pens
In terms of Sterling, he's a good option as Salah or Mane. He doesn't get rotated as much as other City assets but there is that chance with the Pep roulette.

Salah and Mane will always play if fit. Salah should be taking pens too so he edges Mane there.

I just read Soucek is back. Now I can ignore this information or downgrade ASM to him allowing me to upgrade a 4.0 Def (Buuur) to a playing 4.5.

I probably won't thigh as I feel ASM is great value at 5.5 and Soucek has a cnut of a run in.

El-Manos

Mccarthy Button
TAA Walker PieTERS Doherty Mithell Douglas
Son Auba Saint-Mazimin Stephens Salah
Werner Mitrovic Ings

The individuals in bold are bench fodder.
Not happy with this team tbh, I think it's suicidal not including a Chelsea mid.

RashyForPM

Looks like a great team but defenders are gold mines for their price - 210 points from TAA last year though for only 7.5m. High for a defender but if you had a midfielder at that price for those points you’d find a way. The 3 midfielders above him cost 12.0,12.0 and 11.5.
Good point.

Would you go with TAA/Rashford or Shaw/Mane or Salah?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I've tinkered a million times and am finally settled.

I've accepted that none of the 4.0 defs will play so I'll just take a punt on Brrr and drop him to third on the bench and see if any one of these bums gets game time once the season starts. I'd rather do that and go with the team I like as the chance of using that 3rd sub is slim to none more of the times.

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Dallas
Salah, Son, Auba, ASM
Werner, DCL, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Reed, Buur

Swapping Son and Auba to KDB and Bruno first two transfers...

I think that's quite balanced and is the team I keep coming back to.

Ephrem

Arnold has been a main-stay in my team for the last two year, this year I am going to start without a Liverpool defender, but worried about not having one of Salah/Mane.

Guys - what you think about Harvey Barnes - is he gonna play? Got two drafts - quite sceptical about going heavy upfront!!

saivet

Mccarthy Button
TAA Walker PieTERS Doherty Mithell Douglas
Son Auba Saint-Mazimin Stephens Salah
Werner Mitrovic Ings

The individuals in bold are bench fodder.
Not happy with this team tbh, I think it's suicidal not including a Chelsea mid.
I disagree - they've signed a lot of players and already had some good options. There is a big risk of rotation, it's unclear who will regularly be in the starting 11 and where they will play. I'm personally giving Chelsea a few GW's to see who Lampard favours and how the players perform.

I was burned by having Pulisic in my team at the start of last season and while he eventually started to show his quality, he didn't play much at the start and wasn't very good when he did feature.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Do we think Ings is worth the money? Mitrovic tempting at that price

El-Manos

I disagree - they've signed a lot of players and already had some good options. There is a big risk of rotation, it's unclear who will regularly be in the starting 11 and where they will play. I'm personally giving Chelsea a few GW's to see who Lampard favours and how the players perform.

I was burned by having Pulisic in my team at the start of last season and while he eventually started to show his quality, he didn't play much at the start and wasn't very good when he did feature.
Cheers man. I’ll need to have another think about it. Salah is just damn expensive.

My anxiety is through the roof, i haven't started yet. Somone help me please! *crying emoji*

I know i want TAA the rest i have no clue, do i stick with KDB, Ings? Pope in goal?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That was my train of thought until I got Robertson and VVD in there. I think Havertz will start as Ziyech and Pulisic (will be on the bench) are out, and Pedro and Willian have left.
Why do you think Pulisic will be on the bench? He’s apparently back in training and available for Saturday.

Nickosaur

Starting to feel I should have picked a team a month ago, logged out of my account and left it alone until season start.

Start of the season is always so fecking difficult.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's funny how we fret ovre the start of the season but as always, it will be the same story.

Everyone will have some combination of these guys: TAA, Salah, Mane, KDB, Auba, Bruno and Werner. They will be the basis of all templates.

Then we have our likes of ASM, DCL, Wilson, Soucek etc. Most of these guys will flop hard and we'll all play WC early and bring in purple patch players (like Pukki from last year).

Eventually we'll all end up on the same team templates.

It's the same every year.

I can already imagine starting the season and instantly thinking "what the feck possessed me to put DCL and ASM in my team?" :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My anxiety is through the roof, i haven't started yet. Somone help me please! *crying emoji*

I know i want TAA the rest i have no clue, do i stick with KDB, Ings? Pope in goal?
You've chosen just one player? :wenger:

Its a tricky one to gauge - a lot of very good players scattered around

lukepowell1988

Dan_F

Getting there with my team now. Only question marks are

Saliba or a different 4.5 million defender
Davies or Dier (feel free to suggest a different 5 million option)
Bissouma - going to be third sub anyway.

Also gone with Willian and Auba for the first few games, but will switch out to KDB and a Chelsea player eventually.

JakeC

Starting to second guess my team now. I may have to play the wildcard very early to get KDB, Bruno, and Martial in ASAP.

My week 1 team is still as follows.

But ultimately I want my team to look like this.

Any advice?

JakeC

Getting there with my team now. Only question marks are

Saliba or a different 4.5 million defender
Davies or Dier (feel free to suggest a different 5 million option)
Bissouma - going to be third sub anyway.

Also gone with Willian and Auba for the first few games, but will switch out to KDB and a Chelsea player eventually.
If Dier looks like he's going to start, the clean sheet points could help quite a lot. But for the money you could go for a 4.5 million option and invest elsewhere.

starman

Would Roberts for Leeds start? I watched some of their post lockdown games and he was a regular and look pretty decent, and is only 5m for a AM, but didn't seem to play much previously

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ok last decision before I am set! Would love some feedback.

I wanted to go strong in attack, but it meant not having TAA. It’s a different strategy but I would appreciate any help.

Would you do...

TAA + Mitrovic or 5 million DEF (currently James or Egan) + Jimenez

At the moment I have the latter to keep the attack strong. The striker has to start. I am seeing a lot of similar teams and thought going strong in attack could set me apart.

I think Liverpool will concede in tough first games and I’m not sure their defence/points will be as high as last year.

Thoughts?

Wayne's World

Ziyech is out for the match on Monday so looking to replace him with the 8.0. Will Willian start for Arsenal? Looking at him as the alternative

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

I wanted to go strong in attack, but it meant not having TAA. It’s a different strategy but I would appreciate any help.

Would you do...

At the moment I have the latter to keep the attack strong. The striker has to start. I am seeing a lot of similar teams and thought going strong in attack could set me apart.

I think Liverpool will concede in tough first games and I’m not sure their defence/points will be as high as last year.

Thoughts?
For me, definitely the first option. TAA isn't just a defender, he has so many routes to getting you points. Clean sheets, assist and goals. I know you want to make your team different but this isn't the way to do it because if TAA gets those goals, you'll be at a massive disadvantage from the off.

Jiminez is consistent but he's also known for getting usually one goal (or equivalent). He's not like Aguero who gets braces and assists often. Plus no Doherty means Wolves may not be the same as they relied on his attacking returns a lot. Egan is good but a lot of people are swayed because of those goals he scored after the restart. Remember, those are the ONLY goals he's scored and nobody knows if they'll be as solid defensively now that other teams know what to expect this year and they've downgraded Henderson to Ramsdale (in my opinion).

Sorry to poop over your plans buddy.

Paul_Scholes18

What do people think about Bellerin? If he plays as a wingback then he should be very good value.
His injury record is terrible though and he might be dropped at some point.

Dan_F

If Dier looks like he's going to start, the clean sheet points could help quite a lot. But for the money you could go for a 4.5 million option and invest elsewhere.
Yeah it might make sense to start with some like Justin and have that extra 0.5 in the bank to get Havertz in for Willian after a few weeks.

I don’t really trust Davies to start every week.

saivet

What do people think about Bellerin? If he plays as a wingback then he should be very good value.
His injury record is terrible though and he might be dropped at some point.
I'd be a little worried AMN may take his place.

hubbuh

Would you do...

Thoughts?
Definitely option 1, as explained by @Dirty Schwein.

What do people reckon, Greenwood + Werner + Kane + Wilson or Salah + Mitrovic + DCL + Ings? The latter gives me an additional 0.5 which I can use to upgrade Ings to Martial in GW2.