Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm a bit stuck. Got one gap in my squad but only 3.5 so it's not possible :houllier:

Ramsdale (5.0) - Leno (5.0)

Ayling (4.5) - TAA (7.5) - Justin (4.5) - Walker-Peters (4.5) - Mitchell (4.0)

Gundogan (5.5) - Auba (12.0) - Salah (12.0) - Pereira (WBA) (6.0) [*ADD MIDFIELDER*]

Mitrovic (6.0) - Werner (9.5) - Kane (10.5)

Any advice? :nervous: (only solution I can think of is making a choice between Aub & Salah to balance the midfield a bit.
Drop one of your keepers to a 4.0 then put in a 4.5 MF like Reed. If you are hell bent on having two playing keepers, drop one of them to a 4.5 (Martinez, Mccarthy or Ryan) and downgrade Pereira to Saint Maxim. Then get in a 4.5 MF like Reed.

Paul_Scholes18

Tim Spiers, journalist covering Wolves at The Athletic said he will play against Sheffield United.
I am going to take the punt. Even if he is crap the Wolves defense is strong and he might sneak up with an assist.
If they are looking for a winning goal he might be taken off though. Hopefully after 60 minutes with a clean sheet ;).

I am probably going to wildcard early anyway.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Argh. So many problems.

Have two new teams, can someone help please?

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Coady
Salah, Son, Soucek, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, Wilson, Werner

Subs: Nyland, Dallas, Taylor, Reed

vs.

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Buur
Salah, Son, ASM, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, DCL, Werner

Will be swapping Son and Auba to Bruno and KDB with the first two transfers.

Paul_Scholes18

Argh. So many problems.

Have two new teams, can someone help please?

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Coady
Salah, Son, Soucek, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, Wilson, Werner

vs.

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Buur
Salah, Son, ASM, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, DCL, Werner

Will be swapping Son and Auba to Bruno and KDB with the first two transfers.
The second one is similar to my ideas. Although no Mitro and not double Southampton defense.
I like the balance of the second side though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you go all 4.5m defenders.

Front 6 of
Auba, Salah, KDB, Ziyech, Greenwood
Martial
Trent only brought in 20 less points than Salah last season, but he is a massive 4.5m cheaper. Why would you keep Salah and drop Trent?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Feedback on my options for GW2 onwards?

McCarthy

Justin
TAA
Davis

Aubemeyang
Grealish
Bruno
Havertz
St Maximan

Werner
Martial

Pros: balanced point chances all round - can swap Havertz for Mahrez if doubling up on Chelsea is a bit of a risk.
Cons: No Salah. Big risk.

McCarthy

Lamptey
Justin
TAA
Ampadu (or a 4.5m equivalent)

Salah
Aubameyang
Ziyech
Bruno
Saint Max

Werner

Pros: Salah, Bruno, Aubameyang
Cons: No Martial + a shitter defense. I could downgrade Ziyech to Grealish and improve the defence in this iteration I suppose.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
For the first two GWs definitely. In the long run, they'll probably score something similar. But I've had 1st degree burns from Auba these last two seasons so won't be picking him after the first two GWs.
Surely not for GW1 as City aren't playing?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The more I think about it, I just can't justify Salah or Mane.

If Harry Kane stays fit that's a solid 25 goals or so in the bag with £1.5m left over.

Paul_Scholes18

The more I think about it, I just can't justify Salah or Mane.

If Harry Kane stays fit that's a solid 25 goals or so in the bag with £1.5m left over.
The good thing having Mane and Salah is that you want them to fail too.
Thus it makes it easier to take failures from them.
Of course if Pool win and the one you do not have score a lot it hurt more.

Wayne's World

Rodriguez for 7.5m looks the bargain to me. capable of assists from everywhere and brilliant on set-pieces.

Paul_Scholes18

Rodriguez for 7.5m looks the bargain to me. capable of assists from everywhere and brilliant on set-pieces.
I think I am going with DCL. James should give him some assists no doubt about it.
Richarlison will be dangerous too of course, but can't find another million.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Having a last minute panic and wondering whether to just make a rock solid expensive defense. Something like TAA, Robertson, Doherty, James with Mitchell on the bench. Still leaves enough for Auba, Salah, Hazert, Werner and Mitrovic, but not much of any depth.

Minkaro

Got my team sorted. Think I finished second last in the league last season, so there’s room for improvement.

(I didn’t bother changing my team. Had Heaton all season, ffs)!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Got my team sorted. Think I finished second last in the league last season, so there’s room for improvement.

(I didn’t bother changing my team. Had Heaton all season, ffs)!
Tell me your team now, punk

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
McCarthy (Miazek)

Vinagre - TAA - Lascelles - Salisu (Lamptey)

Havertz - Mane - Auba - Son (Stephens)

Rodrigo - Werner (Brewster)

Thoughts?
If Brewster gets his move before Friday then I'm switching to this exact template with just a few minor player differences. Good team mate.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Surely not for GW1 as City aren't playing?
Oh my bad I thought you meant just overall. It makes sense to have Auba for the first two as City black and then play Wolves. Switch Auba out for either Sterling or KDB GW3.

The second one is similar to my ideas. Although no Mitro and not double Southampton defense.
I like the balance of the second side though.
I can easily replaced McCarthy to Ryan but Brighton are shite and have a harder run in. I was going to drop KWP but he is quite attacking so I'll leave him in there.

My only concern is Buur. I need a 4.0 defender to make this formation work... He seems the most likely to start but even then, it's flaky. I'll be such with whoever I pick as my first two transfers are to bring in Bruno and KDB.

Paul_Scholes18

Oh my bad I thought you meant just overall. It makes sense to have Auba for the first two as City black and then play Wolves. Switch Auba out for either Sterling or KDB GW3.

I can easily replaced McCarthy to Ryan but Brighton are shite and have a harder run in. I was going to drop KWP but he is quite attacking so I'll leave him in there.

My only concern is Buur. I need a 4.0 defender to make this formation work... He seems the most likely to start but even then, it's flaky. I'll be such with whoever I pick as my first two transfers are to bring in Bruno and KDB.
I am going to wildcard pretty early I think. Although want 2-3 games to see which players got both form and fixtures and find out which bargain picks will start.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah sounds good, although I know the fecker will get a hat-trick the moment I drop him..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
What are United fans thoughts on Luke Shaw this season btw? Likely to be a regular starter if he stays injury free?

Was just looking at his numbers for the season before last and he pulled 91 points with a goal and 5 assists, and he's available for 5.0. Worth a punt?

Rude von Mistelroum

Thanks for the code
Provisional team:

Patricio

Trent Digne Dunk

Grealish Son Jota Willian

Jimenez Ings Ayew

Bench for now:

McCatrthy (GK), Pulisic, Neco Williams, Egan

Going to switch Jimenez/Ings for Martial after GW1, maybe swap Willian for Greenwood
Debating what to do with Pulisic - not sure when he'll be fit after his hamstring injury
Also considering Chilwell once he's recovered instead of Digne

Neo_Mufc

Ollie Watkins worth a punt, as a 3rd striker?
If he's going for 6.0 I don't see why not. 26 goals last year in the championship IIRC. Villa should feel more confident having survived and he could be the person to get them 10-15 PL goals.

What are United fans thoughts on Luke Shaw this season btw? Likely to be a regular starter if he stays injury free?

Was just looking at his numbers for the season before last and he pulled 91 points with a goal and 5 assists, and he's available for 5.0. Worth a punt?
Thing about Shaw is he doesn't get any attacking returns.

Indnyc

McCarthy, (Nyland)

Tierney, Egan, TAA, T. Silva (Douglas)

Auba, Salah, Mount, Saint Maximin (Stephens)

Werner, Ings ( Brewster)

For GW 2 - Ings to Martial ( have 0.5 left over right now)

Thinking if I should do Van de Beek instead of mount ( Just because United)

Dan_F

I want a chelsea mid but not sure who. Havertz, Ziyech or Mount.
Sounds like Ziyech is missing the first game. I’m a bit stuck for a 7-8 million midfielder. There’s plenty of options, it’s just choosing the right one.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve decided to go with a few Everton players as they are good value. I Fancy them to frustrate spurs (Score draw or shock defeat) and their fixtures are handy for a bit after that. James 7.5, Braithwaite 4, Calvert Lewin 7, Digne 6 are all worth a punt as Everton kick on with their new midfield.

Ryan (nyland)

TAA, VVD, Digne (Douglas, Mitchell) Set and forget defenders but I fancy maguire to score a few goals this season.

Auba (V) Salah (C) Armstrong, James Rodrigues, Saint Maximin

Werner, Calvert Lewin (Brewster if he gets sold or loaned

hubbuh

I pray you forgive the shoddy image quality. That aside, think I'm happy with this. Greenwood and Martial miss out obviously (could chuck in Mitro for GW1 and transfer Tony immediately back in), but I think this is more or less it.

EDIT. Still not set on Ampadu, might also swap Reece James for Spurs Davies.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I'm a bit stuck. Got one gap in my squad but only 3.5 so it's not possible :houllier:

Ramsdale (5.0) - Leno (5.0)

Ayling (4.5) - TAA (7.5) - Justin (4.5) - Walker-Peters (4.5) - Mitchell (4.0)

Gundogan (5.5) - Auba (12.0) - Salah (12.0) - Pereira (WBA) (6.0) [*ADD MIDFIELDER*]

Mitrovic (6.0) - Werner (9.5) - Kane (10.5)

Any advice? :nervous: (only solution I can think of is making a choice between Aub & Salah to balance the midfield a bit.
I don’t think you need two 5,0 keepers most weeks. If you want the option of being flexible with fixtures, I would downgrade one to a 4.5. McCarthy, Ryan both playing for improving teams and Martinez could go to Villa and easily be their number one.

I would also downgrade Pereira, because West Brom look like a terrible side overall and would be my favourite for 20th place. If you downgraded him to Soucek (who looked good after the restart and seems to play quite far forward), those changes combined leave you with 5 million.

Quite a few decent options there for 5 mil if you wanted a starter to call upon as cover.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you think Saliba is likely to play from the start? Arsenal must be rivalling us for the amount of defenders in their squad.
I don't think he'll be playing from the start but I could be wrong.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

I pray you forgive the shoddy image quality. That aside, think I'm happy with this. Greenwood and Martial miss out obviously (could chuck in Mitro for GW1 and transfer Tony immediately back in), but I think this is more or less it.

EDIT. Still not set on Ampadu, might also swap Reece James for Spurs Davies.
I have Buur too... hope he starts!

United58

Ryan - Nyland

TAA - Doherty - Egan - Douglas - Bernardo

Salah (C) - Auba (V) - Son - Soucek - Stephens

Ings - Werner - Brewster​

First draft. Nothing in the bank. Want to get in Bruno/Martial after GW1 - any suggestions on team? Might downgrade to get better options on a United swap, but not sure where - Son or Auba?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You reckon they’ll go with Chambers?
I'm not sure mate but feel Arteta will introduce him slowly. If I was to guess I'd say Luiz and Gabriel will probably be the starters if they play a back 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Watched that guy who won, and then was DQ from winning the world title on a clip last night.

He was going big up front, with Ings, Jiminez and Werner, also with Salah and Auba in there.
He had Greenwood, ready for week 2 - but dependant on the Sancho situation.

He didn't seem to think TAA was good value for the start of the season, preferring Van Dyke, but then didn't end up with him in his draft.
But he does think Docherty is good value - which I can't see - going from a similar level finishing team, but one he'll play right back, not right wing back.

Interesting though.

Dan_F

I'm not sure mate but feel Arteta will introduce him slowly. If I was to guess I'd say Luiz and Gabriel will probably be the starters if they play a back 4.
I’m sure I read something about Luiz being a doubt now.