Portugal
If you go all 4.5m defenders.

Front 6 of
Auba, Salah, KDB, Ziyech, Greenwood
Martial

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I'm still in the process of tweaking things. But will look to remove Gabriel possibly and I'm gonna see if I can fit William Saliba on my bench because he's valued at 4.5m.
That’s a good spot! Might look into it myself..

I know you don’t have auba (which is why your team is so well-balanced) but Arsenal have some nice fixtures in the beginning...

RashyForPM

Starting to think putting Pereira in there is a bad decision, despite his great stats in the Championship and low cost. That WBA team is truly shit.

Manowar

Just joined.
Set up my team with 5 ManUtd and ManCity players, then remembered both team will have their first game-week off. In for a brutal low score :(

Dan_F

I'm still in the process of tweaking things. But will look to remove Gabriel possibly and I'm gonna see if I can fit William Saliba on my bench because he's valued at 4.5m.
Do you think Saliba is likely to play from the start? Arsenal must be rivalling us for the amount of defenders in their squad.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not that you asked but here is my team after some changes.. looking like I’ll stick with this for GW1..

Ryan (Martin)
TAA Lascelles Holding KWP (Mitchell)
Salah(c) Auba Son (Smallbone, Gordon)
Werner Ings Wilson

The only thing I’m not sure about is if Wilson will start or will Joe Linton keep his place as starter for GW1 or I could bring in Nketiah who if starting will def be a good bet but again not sure if he will start or not.. from the looks of it he did start against Liverpool.. So I think I’ll wait another couple days until we get some news about probable lineups and go from there ..

I also like Holding cuz Luiz just got injured and the news coming out says Holding will start .. Will also wait to see if maybe Saliba will be starting instead and swap them..

As for Smallbone & Gordon, they seem like sure shot substitutes so good bench players ..

At first I was going 3-5-2 but now I like 4-3-3.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not that you asked but here is my team after some changes.. looking like I’ll stick with this for GW1..

Ryan (Martin)
TAA Lascelles Holding KWP (Mitchell)
Salah(c) Auba Son (Smallbone, Gordon)
Werner Ings Wilson

The only thing I’m not sure about is if Wilson will start or will Joe Linton keep his place as starter for GW1 or I could bring in Nketiah who if starting will def be a good bet but again not sure if he will start or not.. from the looks of it he did start against Liverpool.. So I think I’ll wait another couple days until we get some news about probable lineups and go from there ..

I also like Holding cuz Luiz just got injured and the news coming out says Holding will start .. Will also wait to see if maybe Saliba will be starting instead and swap them..

As for Smallbone & Gordon, they seem like sure shot substitutes so good bench players ..

At first I was going 3-5-2 but now I like 4-3-3.
@Nou_Camp99 I wouldn’t mind hearing about any interesting swaps you might recommend after these changes if you can think of any..

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
There is no question. It's Salah.

They'll probably get similar numbers from open play but Salah will take penalties.

With Havertz at 8.5, Chelsea players are so tempting but no one knows how long before these guys bed in and with the squad they have, they'll rotate a fair bit I reckon.

Werner is probably the safest bet from them.
Interesting... Yeah I'm definitely getting Werner.

One more question for you then:

De Bruyne or Sterling? I mean long term over the course of the season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It’s threadmarked I think.
Got it. Thanks.

As it's protocol, first week team:

Macarthy
Gomez Ward Douglas
Lundstram Salah Auba Keita
Martial Bamford Ayew
Bench: Ryan, De Bruyne, Ake, Taylor

AgentP

Got it. Thanks.

As it's protocol, first week team:

Macarthy
Gomez Ward Douglas
Lundstram Salah Auba Keita
Martial Bamford Ayew
Bench: Ryan, De Bruyne, Ake, Taylor
Asking this for my draft team. Will Keita be more of a regular starter this season?

dinostar77

The guardian season preview for all the clubs is an interesting read. I find myself changing my team as i read though the various club previews. As im a newbie i cant put the link up, but its easy to google.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

That's literally a coin toss. Sterling gets more explosive returns but KDB is very consistent. I'm going KDB.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Just joined.
Set up my team with 5 ManUtd and ManCity players, then remembered both team will have their first game-week off. In for a brutal low score :(
Up until the first game of the season you can make as many free transfers as you like so you still have time to completely rework your squad without penalty.

saivet

A few tweaks to my team:

Ramsdale, Martinez
TAA, Lamptey, KWP, Coady, Ayling
Auba, Pereira, ASM, Stephens, Bruno
Kane, Mitrovic, Martial

Still a few question marks for me:
Martinez is a bit of a gamble, so hopefully he goes to Villa or becomes 1st choice at Arsenal.
I'm probably going to bring in Foden for Pereira if he doesn't start the first few games well.
I'm not convinced with Mitrovic but waiting to see if Batshuayi or Brewster get a move or even possibly upgrading him to Wilson.

MuFc_1992

A few tweaks to my team:

Ramsdale, Martinez
Kane, Mitrovic, Martial

Martinez is a bit of a gamble, so hopefully he goes to Villa or becomes 1st choice at Arsenal.
I'm probably going to bring in Foden for Pereira if he doesn't start the first few games well.
I'm not convinced with Mitrovic but waiting to see if Batshuayi or Brewster get a move or even possibly upgrading him to Wilson.
Who is ASM?It's been bugging me since I saw that name yesterday.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Do people think notorious fantasy troll Callum Wilson will go straight into the Newcastle first 11?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Do you reckon Sterling is a better shout than Auba?
For the first two GWs definitely. In the long run, they'll probably score something similar. But I've had 1st degree burns from Auba these last two seasons so won't be picking him after the first two GWs.

Mcking

A few tweaks to my team:

Ramsdale, Martinez
Kane, Mitrovic, Martial

Coady?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
@Nou_Camp99 I wouldn’t mind hearing about any interesting swaps you might recommend after these changes if you can think of any..
I quite like it mate. However with so much value in midfield this year I'm not a fan of having 2 x 4.5m midfielders. It's a good team though.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
McCarthy (Miazek)

Vinagre - TAA - Lascelles - Salisu (Lamptey)

Havertz - Mane - Auba - Son (Stephens)

Rodrigo - Werner (Brewster)

Thoughts?

jderbyshire

I reckon Werner will have that new club bounce and score in his first two games.

And then everyone who's not got him will buy him.

Then he'll go 6 games without scoring as the adrenaline wears off and he adjusts to the league.

Then everyone will sell him in October/November.

Then he'll go on a scoring rampage.

saivet

He doesn't offer anything going forward but I think Wolves are a pretty solid side. Not clear who will be starting at wing back for them too, so I think he's a fairly safe choice. I did have Vinagre, but the rumours of him leaving have put me off.

SteveTheRed

I reckon Werner will have that new club bounce and score in his first two games.

And then everyone who's not got him will buy him.

Then he'll go 6 games without scoring as the adrenaline wears off and he adjusts to the league.

Then everyone will sell him in October/November.

Then he'll go on a scoring rampage.
This is too true.

KdB for me, he is steady, consistently plays - 13 goals 23 assists last year. I think it depends on how you play the game. If you are switching captains each week, trying to get that player who hits a hatrick then probably Sterling...but you got to be ready for a few blanks.

KdB is set and forget, he will rake in points. You can throw the armband every now and then but there is normally a better choice for the explosive return (Auba, Salah, Mane)

iHicksy

My team at the moment is

McCarthy

Trent - KWP - Ayling - Justin

Salah - Auba - Son - Harvetz - Keita

Ings

(Mitchell - Wickham - Davis - button)

Two dead bench players which is risky but it allows me to switch from Salah to De Bryune and Harvetz to Bruno.

RashyForPM

McCarthy (Miazek)

Vinagre - TAA - Lascelles - Salisu (Lamptey)

Havertz - Mane - Auba - Son (Stephens)

Rodrigo - Werner (Brewster)

Thoughts?
That’s a great midfield and choice of keeper, but Vinagre with the rumours of him leaving and Rodrigo who while highly rated doesn’t score much wouldn’t fill me with much confidence. Maybe downgrade Havertz and get Ings/Jimenez? The team would feel more complete that way.

P.S. Mind me asking who Salisu is? Genuinely never heard of him.

Paul_Scholes18

So will Buur play for Wolves? I am tempted to take the punt. Would be great to have a 4.0 starter.
If not playing it is not the end of the world.

Mcking

This is too true.

KdB for me, he is steady, consistently plays - 13 goals 23 assists last year. I think it depends on how you play the game. If you are switching captains each week, trying to get that player who hits a hatrick then probably Sterling...but you got to be ready for a few blanks.

KdB is set and forget, he will rake in points. You can throw the armband every now and then but there is normally a better choice for the explosive return (Auba, Salah, Mane)
One thing about De Bruyne is I don't think he will be getting 23 assists again, and I expect Aguero to be back on penalties. There's a reason he is 11.5 despite top scoring last season.

The Serb

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
My team

Martinez
TAA - Gomez - Egan
Aubemayang - Havertz - Salah - Traore
Antonio - Mitrovic - Werner

Poses a dilemma when Liverpool play Chelsea in gameweek 2 with 2 Chelsea attackers and the Liverpool defence. Will be adding Utd and City players in GW2/3. Also unsure on having Antonio and Mitrovic in there. Opinions?

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
That’s a great midfield and choice of keeper, but Vinagre with the rumours of him leaving and Rodrigo who while highly rated doesn’t score much wouldn’t fill me with much confidence. Maybe downgrade Havertz and get Ings/Jimenez? The team would feel more complete that way.

Salish is Southampton's new CB.

Thanks for the input mate
Vinegre’s situation is why I choose to go with four(4.5) defenders who look like sure starters for their teams. If he misses out, I get a 4.5 starter on for him.

Salisu is Southampton's new CB. I think he partners with Vestegaard this season. Would have Lamptey over him as he is a wingback at 4.5 but he plays Chelsea in GW1 and its unlikely Brighton gets a cleensheet. I'm targeting cleensheet points from defenses this game week than goals/assists.

SteveTheRed

So will Buur play for Wolves? I am tempted to take the punt. Would be great to have a 4.0 starter.
If not playing it is not the end of the world.
Tim Spiers, journalist covering Wolves at The Athletic said he will play against Sheffield United.

jderbyshire

I'm a bit stuck. Got one gap in my squad but only 3.5 so it's not possible :houllier:

Ramsdale (5.0) - Leno (5.0)

Ayling (4.5) - TAA (7.5) - Justin (4.5) - Walker-Peters (4.5) - Mitchell (4.0)

Gundogan (5.5) - Auba (12.0) - Salah (12.0) - Pereira (WBA) (6.0) [*ADD MIDFIELDER*]

Mitrovic (6.0) - Werner (9.5) - Kane (10.5)

Any advice? :nervous: (only solution I can think of is making a choice between Aub & Salah to balance the midfield a bit.