Supports
Portugal
Who's your lone striker mate?
Martinez
TAA Doherty Tierney KWP
Auba Salah Son ASM Soucek
Werner

Nyland, Dallas, Brewster, Davis.

Enough funds to upgrade Son to Bruno for gw2 who i believe will continue getting returns

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Mitchell at Palace for 4.0 and Dallas from Leeds at 4.5 are both worth a look. The main two before were Justin and Vinagre but both clubs have brought in new players, so not sure if they'll play regularly now.
Is Mitchell a starter? I see him in many teams.

Nickosaur

Will change another dozen times before Saturday but I'm currently on:
Ryan
TAA Doherty Tierney KWP
Salah Auba Son Fraser
Vardy Adams

Bench: Nyland, Mitchell, Brewster, Bissouma.

Hoping Brewster gets a move to Palace or Sheff U, would represent incredible value at £4.5m.
Fraser and Adams are probably the weak links there. No idea how Fraser will start for a poor Newcastle side, although they've made some good signings this week so could surprise a few people.
Saints fans seem to think Adams will start with Ings up top in a 442, and I thought he looked impressive after the restart.

edit- and no fecking idea what i'll do to get city/united players in. Maybe vardy for martial after gw2, kdb for one of salah or auba after gw3...?

Nickosaur

Is Mitchell a starter? I see him in many teams.
He may be - van Aanholt has been injured, but won't be out for long. Mitchell could start first few games but isn't a great long term option.
Ferguson, the other Palace fullback at 4.0 is a better long term option, many Palace fans believe he will eventually take Ward's place - but he's injured and not available for season start.

dinostar77

Do we think Fabio Silva will get much playing time at Wolves? Coming on as sub for Jimenez? Hes 5.5 so quite cheap. Portuguese journs rate him and said he's similar in style to Firmino.

Also Ben White at Brighton, leeds really wanted to sign him but Brighton wanted to keep him. I think he will get playing time at brighton and hes an outsider for the England squad at the Euros. 4.5 mil is cheap.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He may be - van Aanholt has been injured, but won't be out for long. Mitchell could start first few games but isn't a great long term option.
Ferguson, the other Palace fullback at 4.0 is a better long term option, many Palace fans believe he will eventually take Ward's place - but he's injured and not available for season start.
Maybe I'll get Ward then until that switch happens with Ferguson.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Do we think Fabio Silva will get much playing time at Wolves? Coming on as sub for Jimenez? Hes 5.5 so quite cheap. Portuguese journs rate him and said he's similar in style to Firmino.

Also Ben White at Brighton, leeds really wanted to sign him but Brighton wanted to keep him. I think he will get playing time at brighton and hes an outsider for the England squad at the Euros. 4.5 mil is cheap.
Ben White worth keeping an eye on. But Lamptey if starting (most likely) is who I would pick with his attacking potential

Neo_Mufc

Mitchell at Palace for 4.0 and Dallas from Leeds at 4.5 are both worth a look. The main two before were Justin and Vinagre but both clubs have brought in new players, so not sure if they'll play regularly now.
I have Dallas, tell me a little about Mitchell please.

Dan_F

I’ve purposely only started building my team tonight, as I knew I’d just spend ages changing players for the sake of it.

It’s a bit of a nightmare with that gap in the first week isn’t it. Can’t believe I might end up without any City or Liverpool attackers though, Auba is taking up my usual KDB slot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ampadu. Don't see where he is going to play.
Hmm, fair enough. He's a 4.5m player I might see how it goes but hope it doesn't bite me in the arse.

What would you guys do in a long term play - Salah or Martial + James Rodriguez (or any 7.5m player).

ROFLUTION

You are taking a hit going into gw2?
I don’t think Mitchell or Douglas will be starting from what I understand so you probably will have to play the same 4.5 defenders each week.
Yeah -4 seems okay to me to get a squad that attacking-wise could look solid for many weeks to come. Then shoe-horning cheap playing defenders and finding the new Cantwell will be the difficult part.

Mitchell will be starting, no? hasn't he played a lot pre season with Van Aanholt out?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just messing about. Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, City, Utd covered.

Martinez
TAA Dallas KWP Lamptey
Auba Son Sterling Redmond
Werner Martial

Nyland, Brewster, Stephens, MItchell

Mcking

Hmm, fair enough. He's a 4.5m player I might see how it goes but hope it doesn't bite me in the arse.

What would you guys do in a long term play - Salah or Martial + James Rodriguez (or any 7.5m player).
Salah's ownership keeps dropping every hour. Anyone know the reason for that?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Salah's ownership keeps dropping every hour. Anyone know the reason for that?
There's better value to be found this season I reckon. He got a great points tally last season and Liverpool walked the league. I think it's a closer race this season and some FPL players may reflect this (like me, hah).

Genuinely, I think Martial + James Rodriguez (or Greenwood) should be capable of more than Salah + a 4.5m bench striker.

James should be good for around 7 goals and a couple assists, or Greenwood should be good for around 10 league goals. If Martial hits 20, that's already more than what Salah is likely to achieve.

Last year sure - it was their year and they were stars. But now you have Ziyech/Havertz/Bruno/Aubameyang all as sudden midfield options. Salah for 12m doesn't represent as much value for me.

K Stand Knut

I’m never happy with my team for the first few weeks. This season is even worse with the lack of games in the first GW.

Currently ‘settled’ on
Ryan/Walton

Robertson/Doherty/Bednarek/Bernardo/Branthwaite

Rodriguez/Willian/Salah/Havertz/de Bruyne

Brewster/Mitrovic/Richalison

feedback welcome obviously but that front line makes me feel a bit sick

GW2 will most likely see KdB come in for Brewster and maybe a transfer of Salah for Fernandes to leave me with a bit of extra cash

Neo_Mufc

I'm doing a draft tomorrow, theres hardly many strikers worthy after the first 8 or so.

Anyone have any decent strategies?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
There's better value to be found this season I reckon. He got a great points tally last season and Liverpool walked the league. I think it's a closer race this season and some FPL players may reflect this (like me, hah).

Genuinely, I think Martial + James Rodriguez (or Greenwood) should be capable of more than Salah + a 4.5m bench striker.

James should be good for around 7 goals and a couple assists, or Greenwood should be good for around 10 league goals. If Martial hits 20, that's already more than what Salah is likely to achieve.

Last year sure - it was their year and they were stars. But now you have Ziyech/Havertz/Bruno/Aubameyang all as sudden midfield options. Salah for 12m doesn't represent as much value for me.
Dunno, it’s pretty bold. He’s a selfish cnut and also likely to be on pens, and if they get off to a flying start we could be talking a lot of points.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm doing a draft tomorrow, theres hardly many strikers worthy after the first 8 or so.

Anyone have any decent strategies?
Maybe try to save players you think others will avoid and take players you think others will rate too.
I think the new Chelsea guys will go fast and early.
Pool defense fairly early too I think.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Which team do people prefer:

Mccarthy
TAA, Webster, KWP
Salah, Son, ASM, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, Antonio, Werner

Subs: Nyland, Taylor, Dallas, Reed

or

Mccarthy
TAA, Coady, KWP
Salah, Son, Soucek, Aubamayang
Mitrovic, Wilson, Werner

Subs: Nyland, Taylor, Dallas, Reed

I will bring in KDB and Bruno for Son and Auba after GW2 so don't want to feck around with cheap defenders like Vinagre or Justin who might not be in the starting 11 and start screwing my team value...

I'm leaning towards team 2 as Coady gives me options as he's not 4.5. But I'm worried Wilson will troll like he tends to do...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Thanks... that's where my head's at. It's just Wilson, the cnut gives me PTSD from costing me two seasons in a row :lol:

I guess I'll just bite the bullet.
I'd be tempted by Che Adams. 4 goals and 4 assists in 1000minutes

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'd be tempted by Che Adams. 4 goals and 4 assists in 1000minutes
I did consider that but with Mccarthy and KWP, I don't want to triple up on them.

Mccarthy has to stay as I believe he's the better of the 4.5 GKs with better fixtures. KWP stays simply because with Vinagre and Justin not being so certain, he's only other good 4.5 defender alongside Dallas, who I have.

RashyForPM

Why is no one mentioning Oskar Buur at Wolves? He’s the only senior RWB currently at the club and only worth 4 million.

Paul_Scholes18

I did consider that but with Mccarthy and KWP, I don't want to triple up on them.

Mccarthy has to stay as I believe he's the better of the 4.5 GKs with better fixtures. KWP stays simply because with Vinagre and Justin not being so certain, he's only other good 4.5 defender alongside Dallas, who I have.
Defense is tricky now. I am thinking about paying a bit extra for a 4 man defense. Then wildcard and put in the cheaper gems that will emerge and start.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Why is no one mentioning Oskar Buur at Wolves? He’s the only senior RWB currently at the club and only worth 4 million.
Never heard of him and he's played zero minutes so far...

Most likely Wolves will play Traore at RWB.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Can’t decide between having Salah, or going with James (who I think will be great) and upgrading from a AWB to Robertson and from Antonio to Werner

Basically

AWB + Salah + Antonio

or

Robertson + Rodriguez + Werner

Writing it out like that, I think I like option 2 more, but losing a Salah/KdB hurts! Feels like a change to Martial/Ziyech could be done without too much hassle after first game or two.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Red Company

GK: Matt Ryan

Gabriel.....Tierney......Chilwell

Ziyech.....Salah....Saka.....Son...

Martial.....Werner.....Jimenez

Subs - Nathan Ferguson 4m
Oliver Burke 4.5m
Tyrick Mitchell 4m

Still working on the first 11 yet though so will be making changes in the next day or two. United don't play in game week 1 so might have to take Martial out.

Last edited:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
@Red Company

GK: Matt Ryan

Gabriel.....Tierney......Chilwell

Ziyech.....Salah....Saka.....Son...

Martial.....Werner.....Jimenez

Subs - Nathan Ferguson 4m
Oliver Burke 4.5m
Tyrick Mitchell 4m

Still working on the first 11 yet though so will be making changes in the next day or two. United don't play in game week 1 so might have to take Martial out.
Gabriel & Tierney both Arsenal players.. huge risk imo.. I’d keep Tierney since being a fullback he can give assists too but Gabriel can be replaced with another player from another team.. also Chilwell is still injured no?

Basically suggesting reviewing your defence but otherwise your team is solid! Well balanced too.. I almost can’t believe you have all those players in there together!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Gabriel & Tierney both Arsenal players.. huge risk imo.. I’d keep Tierney since being a fullback he can give assists too but Gabriel can be replaced with another player from another team.. also Chilwell is still injured no?

Basically suggesting reviewing your defence but otherwise your team is solid! Well balanced too.. I almost can’t believe you have all those players in there together!
I'm still in the process of tweaking things. But will look to remove Gabriel possibly and I'm gonna see if I can fit William Saliba on my bench because he's valued at 4.5m.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
56% have TAA.

Am I commiting FPL suicide by not choosing him?
I have the same question, I have Robertson and Van Dijk, when I could have Ward and Trent. I'm not sure.