Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wilson's not a bad shout at 6.5
True. But he also a notorious FL troll.

I want him in to an extent but have Saint Max. No way I want to double up on Newcastle...

So if I get Wilson for Antonio, I'll swap Saint Max to Soucek. But that leaves me with the same issue of having a West Ham player...

podurban2

True. But he also a notorious FL troll.

I want him in to an extent but have Saint Max. No way I want to double up on Newcastle...

So if I get Wilson for Antonio, I'll swap Saint Max to Soucek. But that leaves me with the same issue of having a West Ham player...
Jump on the Armstrong train ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The more I contemplate, the more I'm convinced Saka starts for Arsenal.
Wilson is also great value I feel.He has Fraser and Saint Maximiman around him, that will help a lot, and Hendrick is a solid midfielder too. I think Newcastle will look a lot better this season, as will Everton.

Anyone see Ampadu as a good pick? 4.5m I think I may drop Vinagre for him

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My current build:

Ryan
TAA Justin KWP Davies (Mitchell)
Havertz Auba Son ASM (Greenwood)
Ings Kane (Davis)

I must have changed my team 85 times already. Wanted Doherty in there but too much sacrifice + Davies should get clean sheets. Not entirely convinced about Kane but he'll be good for 20+ goals... just the only question whether it's worth the price.

Mcking

The more I contemplate, the more I'm convinced Saka starts for Arsenal.
Wilson is also great value I feel.He has Fraser and Saint Maximiman around him, that will help a lot, and Hendrick is a solid midfielder too. I think Newcastle will look a lot better this season, as will Everton.

Don't think he will start.

podurban2

My current build:

Ryan
Ings Kane (Davis)

I must have changed my team 85 times already. Wanted Doherty in there but too much sacrifice + Davies should get clean sheets. Not entirely convinced about Kane but he'll be good for 20+ goals... just the only question whether it's worth the price.
A bit scary to not have Werner with 50% ownership but of course it could pay off. Personally I swapped Kane for Werner and upgraded Justin to a 5.5 defender (Tierney then AWB). The pack of 4.5 defenders looked really promising at first but now they look like slim pickings and you already own KWP, so when Pereira will be back you may be in trouble to replace Justin.

Sarni

My current build:

Ryan
Ings Kane (Davis)

Just realized I can turn my midfield and attack into:

Havertz Auba Son Bruno (ASM)
Martial KCL (Davis)

Delightful. That's my goal here.

Sarni

A bit scary to not have Werner with 50% ownership but of course it could pay off. Personally I swapped Kane for Werner and upgraded Justin to a 5.5 defender (Tierney then AWB). The pack of 4.5 defenders looked really promising at first but now they look like slim pickings, so when Pereira will be back you may be in trouble to replace Justin.
I want to turn Kane into Martial. Not entirely convinced about Werner yet. Ings will become KCL, and Greenwood will become Bruno.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A bit scary to not have Werner with 50% ownership but of course it could pay off. Personally I swapped Kane for Werner and upgraded Justin to a 5.5 defender (Tierney then AWB). The pack of 4.5 defenders looked really promising at first but now they look like slim pickings and you already own KWP, so when Pereira will be back you may be in trouble to replace Justin.
I agree. It's not as deep as it looked on first glance. If Leeds can keep their strong defensive record going in the prem then the value is with them and probably the Burnley fullbacks (whichever starts). I might start with Taylor on the bench actually.

As far as Leciester are concerned their form dropped off a cliff with a few key players out (loss of Perreira being the most significant). I'm gonna avoid them until I see evidence that they've turned it around even if they are playing West Brom.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My current build:

Ryan
Ings Kane (Davis)

For a Salah/Mane and Wernerless squad I quite like it. Not sure about ASM though. I know they've got Wilson and Fraser in now but how Newcastle are such a poor side creatively.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Found a way to have Aubemeyang, Bruno, KDB, Werner, and Martial all on the same team. Not sure how weak it leaves me elsewhere though.

ROFLUTION

My team has been set like this for a long time for GW1:

4.5 goalie
Taylor - Mitchell/Douglas - KWP/Justin - Trent - Vinagre
Auba
- Salah - Son - Smallbone - Gordon
Nketiah - Werner - Jimenez

So I can possibly go into GW2 with 6 strikers really, if I decide to swap out Salah.

4.5 goalie
Auba - Rashford - Son - Smallbone - Gordon
Martial - Werner - Jimenez

That's quite interesting me thinks. 6 possible strikers :eek:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
My current squad is the following

McCarthy (Nyland)
VanDijk Robertson Egan (Walker Peters) (Douglas)
Aubemeyang, Son, Henderson, Saint Maximin (Stephens)
Werner, Ings, Jiminez

The aim is to bring in KDB for Aubeyang, Bruno in for Son, and Martial in for one of Ings or Jiminez over the first 3 weeks with the 1.5 million I have spare.

podurban2

My team has been set like this for a long time for GW1:

4.5 goalie
Auba
- Salah - Son - Smallbone - Gordon
Nketiah - Werner - Jimenez

So I can possibly go into GW2 with 6 strikers really, if I decide to swap out Salah.

4.5 goalie
Auba - Rashford - Son - Smallbone - Gordon
Martial - Werner - Jimenez

That's quite interesting me thinks. 6 possible strikers :eek:
You are taking a hit going into gw2?
I don’t think Mitchell or Douglas will be starting from what I understand so you probably will have to play the same 4.5 defenders each week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Vinagre looks pretty shaky now too doesn't he?

I am coming round to the idea of benching a United player though. Means removing Salah or Auba....

4.5 / 4.0

VVD / TAA / Dier / KWP / Mitchell

Auba / Alli / JWP / Bowen / 4.5

Werner / Ings / Martial

Will bottle it before the end of the week though.

Have some bookies odds...

Sarni

For a Salah/Mane and Wernerless squad I quite like it. Not sure about ASM though. I know they've got Wilson and Fraser in now but how Newcastle are such a poor side creatively.
Salah is so boring and I don’t want him and Auba at the same time. Maybe I will be swapping them. There seems to be so much potential hits in the £8.0 to £10.0 range that I will rather take a punt now.

Werner is tempting but I will give it a couple of weeks. As I said I want to swap Kane, Ings and Greenwood for Martial, Calvert-Lewin and Bruno but may as well do Martial, Werner and Ziyech/Greenwood/Rodriguez at same price.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Salah is so boring and I don’t want him and Auba at the same time. Maybe I will be swapping them. There seems to be so much potential hits in the £8.0 to £10.0 range that I will rather take a punt now.

Werner is tempting but I will give it a couple of weeks. As I said I want to swap Kane, Ings and Greenwood for Martial, Calvert-Lewin and Bruno but may as well do Martial, Werner and Ziyech/Greenwood at same price.
It is boring yeah. I'd rather captain Auba in GW1 and GW2 anyway so that makes my decision easier. By then City and United are off and firing, we can see how Chelsea look and there will be more captain options on the table.

saivet

Batshuayi (£6.0m) may be moving to Palace and Brewster (£4.5m) may leave Liverpool. I think both of them would be great picks if they get a move.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Think I've smashed it to be honest with a 451. Struggling to see how people are getting 343 and 352 to work. Too many sacrifices in defence.

Paul_Scholes18

Changing my defense around without Vinagre and I struggle to make it work. Will Bellerin start? Not fully trusting Arsenal defense though.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'm sorely tempted, the lad is class.

You are taking a hit going into gw2?
I don’t think Mitchell or Douglas will be starting from what I understand so you probably will have to play the same 4.5 defenders each week.
I thought Mitchell did look like a starter with van Aanholt out injured?

dinostar77

Chelsea players (new ones) are making life difficult. The muppet in me is saying pick werner and havertz. The head says give them time to adapt to PL. Lampard may ease them in. Also this season is harder as window doesnt close till oct 5th, so you could wildcard your entire team on oct 6th..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea players (new ones) are making life difficult. The muppet in me is saying pick werner and havertz. The head says give them time to adapt to PL. Lampard may ease them in. Also this season is harder as window doesnt close till oct 5th, so you could wildcard your entire team on oct 6th..
With the Manchester clubs not playing week 1 and all the other craziness going on I'm guessing a lot of people will be wildcarding super early this time anyway.

Apparantly he’s back in training.
Not sure whether they'd drop him straight back in though as he's missed all pre-season. Mitchell has apparently played every game.

SteveTheRed

The high percentage ownership is worrying me , but everyone is taking a punt early on.

Switching between two teams at the moment;

---------McCarthy
Justin --- James --- Davies
Alli-- Havertz -- Aubameyang -- Salah
Mitrovic--- Richarlison --- Adams

sub - Vinagre, Gordon, Johnson

3.5m ITB

No TAA or Werner with both players nearly 50% owned could be suicide or I get both in but the team is a little weaker.

---------McCarthy
Justin --- TAA --- Davies - Vinagre
Alli -- Aubameyang -- Salah
Mitrovic---Werner --- Adams

sub - Bissmousa, Gordon, Johnson

3.5m ITB

I want to be able to get KdB straight away which will probably mean Alli out ,

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Keep changing mine but I quite like this:

McCarthy

Davis
Justin
TAA
Ampadu

Bruno
Aubameyang
Saint Maximan

Kane
Werner
Martial

^^ For GW 1 I will have Ings as a placeholder, and Bruno will have to sit on the bench as a first week sacrifice. But in terms of long haul I find it tricky to fault. Salah is a great player but he's 12m, and I think Bruno at 10.5m will be just as good (or better). I have a big hitter in Arsenal, United and Spurs which is pretty decent. TAA is big Liverpool points too. Just hope City don't smash it, but the plan is to sub Kane out (during tricky Spurs fixtures) for Augero instead.

SteveCoppellFan

Ive not done it before but im going TAA / Robertson / VVD at the back.

For £21m they are going to generate more points than most combos in midfield / attackers.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
For GW1 currently got:

McCarthy (Martin)
TAA, Mitchell, Ampedu, (Dallas, Taylor)
Auba, Salah, Havertz, (Soucek, Noble)
Werner, Ings, Mitrovic

KDB seems like a must have, and really wanted Bruno, but having them sat on the bench in week 1 would be a total waste. Tempted to do some week 2 feckery maybe switching Auba for KDB and a few other tweaks, but Auba in midfield seems crazy tempting. Also keep wanting to dump Ings just because he irritates me, but he got 198 points last season..

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Justin for Leicester a sure starter? I can get him in for either KWP or Ward but I heard Leicester bought a new defender to cover Pereira so Justin may miss out?

Here's what looks like my final team going into GW1:

Mccarthy
TAA, Ward, KWP
Son, Salah, Auba, ASM
Werner, Antonio, Mitrovic

Subs: Nyland, Dallas, Taylor Reed

Going to swap Auba and Son for Bruno and KDB/Sterling after GW2.

hubbuh

Is everyone avoiding Greenwood, then? I know we don't play GW1, but I've seen very little talk of anyone intending on bringing him in for following GWs. Slightly awkwardly priced at 7.5, as it needs an additional transfer in order to bring in someone like Havertz or Pulisic.

Is Ampadu likely to start? Is he much of a threat? I've somehow ended up with 3 Saints players in KWP, Armstrong and Ings so need to rethink it.

Sarni

Werner & Doherty or Kane & Davies?

Sarni

Ive not done it before but im going TAA / Robertson / VVD at the back.

For £21m they are going to generate more points than most combos in midfield / attackers.
Was thinking about it as well. Basically set & forget. Consumes quite a bit of money but if they are even within 30 points (per player) off their total last year it will be worth it. I would need very significant sacrifices elsewhere to be able to do this though.

Neo_Mufc

Anybody else interested in joining my paid for league for £10 feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Can someone throw some 4.0/4.5m defenders my way please.
I’ve got Walker-Pieters 4.5 and Branthwaite 4.0. Everton fan mate of mine reckons he’ll end up being the main CB with Keane this year. Not an opinion I’ve forged from any knowledge myself!

podurban2

Is everyone avoiding Greenwood, then? I know we don't play GW1, but I've seen very little talk of anyone intending on bringing him in for following GWs. Slightly awkwardly priced at 7.5, as it needs an additional transfer in order to bring in someone like Havertz or Pulisic.

Is Ampadu likely to start? Is he much of a threat? I've somehow ended up with 3 Saints players in KWP, Armstrong and Ings so need to rethink it.
Downgrade Ings and bring in Havertz instead of Greenwood?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Can someone throw some 4.0/4.5m defenders my way please.
Mitchell at Palace for 4.0 and Dallas from Leeds at 4.5 are both worth a look. The main two before were Justin and Vinagre but both clubs have brought in new players, so not sure if they'll play regularly now.