Fantasy Premier League 20/21

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I usually wildcard I'm gameweek two, I think it's the best time especially when you get another in Jan.
True but i lost top place in my leagues because my rivals both saved their wildcards for the last 6/7 games of the season and it really made the difference in my opinion.

Finally done.

Pope
TAA -Dunk -Coady -Digne
KDB -Saint Maxium -James Rod
Wilson- Ings -Jimenez​

Bench: Tierney, Soucek, Grealish, Ryan

shazzmufc

For any Newbies on here:

Just a heads up that the previous Newbie Fantasy League codes are not working / have not been renewed, so I created a new classic league if anyone wants to join that too

League Code: 19wbr9

P.S. there is a new thread on the Newbies forum for this!

Cheers

Reactions: Sultan

RashyForPM

Finally done.

Pope
TAA -Dunk -Coady -Digne
Wilson- Ings -Jimenez​

Seems a decent team which will get you 55-60 points every week but lacks that star quality imo. Maybe try to fit an Auba, Kane, Son or Mane in there? Could easily earn you far more points :)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think this is my final team, although keep panicking and working Salah back in. I really want an attacking option to rotate so I don’t take hits in future weeks. There are obvious risks and choosing to bet on arsenals improved back line and work rate at the start

McCarthy (Nylund)
TAA - Holding - Saliba (Burr)
Havertz - Soucek - Son - Aubameyang (ASM)
Ings - Werner - Jimenez

Have 0,5 which I will use to bring in Martial for GW2. Wish I just had another 0,5 to get in another 4.5 defender to be safe, but I think Martial will have a great season.

Last edited:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Had my team settled for 3 weeks, only now I'm tinkering.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Watkins looks expensive at 6M.
Yeah, I'm going with Mitrovic at that price. Especially as he's a designated penalty taker, has been with the club for a good while, and has PL experience.

Seems a decent team which will get you 55-60 points every week but lacks that star quality imo. Maybe try to fit an Auba, Kane, Son or Mane in there? Could easily earn you far more points :)
I wanted to add one of those, but didnt know who to take out so i could afford it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Today i will make a team. For the first time. I read all the rules, posts here etc but still in the dark with lots of things.
Any good tips for noob regarding this? Thank you in advance

redmanc

So final team for GW1;

McCarthy
TAA - Saliba - Doherty - Egan
Auba - Salah - Haverts - Maximin
Werner - Ayew

Subs: Ryan, Dallas, Romeu, Davis

Will likely rotate keepers to suit fixture, not spending big on pope or another 5.5
Ayew will be upgraded to Chris Wood after GW1.
Will keep an eye on Chelsea players performance and will swap Werner for Martial if not an impressive opening game. Likewise Auba will swap to Fernandes or KDB if Arsenal look shite, we all know how much of a FF troll he is too.

Maureen-yo

So final team for GW1;

McCarthy
TAA - Saliba - Doherty - Egan
Auba - Salah - Haverts - Maximin
Werner - Ayew

Subs: Ryan, Dallas, Romeu, Davis

Will likely rotate keepers to suit fixture, not spending big on pope or another 5.5
Ayew will be upgraded to Chris Wood after GW1.
Will keep an eye on Chelsea players performance and will swap Werner for Martial if not an impressive opening game. Likewise Auba will swap to Fernandes or KDB if Arsenal look shite, we all know how much of a FF troll he is too.
Havertz probably won’t be playing given he’s only had 3 training sessions?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I figured it would balance out eventually. Is overall score less important than week to week scores these days?
I’m an average fantasy player tbf, so probably the wrong person to seek advice from but what I do know is that once you’ve fallen behind, it’s very difficult to recover because as the season progresses, the teams start looking majorly identical, with only a couple of differentials.

So “planning” ahead is very important. I.e. you don’t have to forego a high weekly score “in lieu of things equaling out over the season”....why not just plan the subs and the use of your wild card better etc?

Patchbeard

Batshuayi anyone? Looks shite for Chelsea yes, but 6 in 13 games last time at Palace, 7 in 10 when on loan at Dortmund, and still banging them in for Belgium. There's now quite a lot of options at 6.0m upfront with him, Wilson, Watkins added to Mitrovic.

saivet

Batshuayi anyone? Looks shite for Chelsea yes, but 6 in 13 games last time at Palace, 7 in 10 when on loan at Dortmund, and still banging them in for Belgium. There's now quite a lot of options at 6.0m upfront with him, Wilson, Watkins added to Mitrovic.
I'm not bringing him in just yet as I don't think he will start this weekend but he's definitely on my radar. With Zaha and Eze in the squad, I think he'll get plenty of chances.

Skåre Willoch

Ah, I've finally found my starting line up. Quite happy! I've even figured out how to get both United and City players in my team for GW2 and 3.

Will probably change it 25 more times before the deadline, though. And still be disappointed on saturday. But if I've had every single player in my mock up teams at some point, I can use the excuse of ".... but I had him in my mock ups!!! Ffs!!! :mad: So typical!!" a lot, which is nice.

Relfy

Right my team (at the moment) looks like this....
Schmeichel
Egan Coady Dunk TAA
Mount PEA Tielemans Soucek
Kane Vardy

Bench is wank but I have about 4m leftover to tinker with, namely to bring in one of Bruno, KDB or Sterling in instead of Mount

Also, is there a Caf league this season? Not been involved for ages and not done fantasy team in years!

ROFLUTION

Saliba and Nketiah seem big risks. Certainly you can find a 4.5m defender who will be playing week in week out.
Only playing them for about 2 GWs so it's not the end of the world, as the rest of the squad slowly will take over. Nketiah is mostly there to find the new up and coming 6.0 striker like Pukki last year.

Saliba: Seems nailed for GW1, because David Luiz is out. At GW2, if he doesn't start, i'll have a solid 4-3-3 formation with other players.

Nketiah might be a risk, so I'll await what FFScout / Arteta says. But the upside is huge against Fulham if he starts. If they think Lacazette starts, I'll probably go for another 6.0 attacker or Saka instead.

ROFLUTION

Ah, I've finally found my starting line up. Quite happy! I've even figured out how to get both United and City players in my team for GW2 and 3.

Will probably change it 25 more times before the deadline, though. And still be disappointed on saturday. But if I've had every single player in my mock up teams at some point, I can use the excuse of ".... but I had him in my mock ups!!! Ffs!!! :mad: So typical!!" a lot, which is nice.
Well, let's see your team then :drool:

Skåre Willoch

I wanted to add one of those, but didnt know who to take out so i could afford it.
Your bench is quite expensive. Which is nice after a wildcard, and if you've managed to increase squad value a bit, but in the early rounds I personally would choose a better/more expensive starting XI, and make proper adjustments bench wise after things have settled a little. I also think your defense is quite expensive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but Coady for 5.0 for example seems a bit over the top. Surely there is a 4,5 player you can replace either him or Dunk with? Tierney at 5.5 on the bench?

Also, Soucek is out for the first round I think.

Today i will make a team. For the first time. I read all the rules, posts here etc but still in the dark with lots of things.
Any good tips for noob regarding this? Thank you in advance
Select some decent price points to make transfers easier for the first couple of rounds. For example, having both Salah and Auba from the start makes it a lot easier to get KDB, Sterling or Bruno in your team than if you have a lot of 7,5 - 9.0 players.

Choose 3 or 4 players you feel most confident about, and build the rest around that. These are probably the more expensive ones, and it's easier to tinker with a team if the expensive spots are already taken.

Don't spend too much on goalies early on. It's usually very difficult to predict which ones will start out the best. You can upgrade you goalie after your first wildcard when defenses have settled a little.

Pay attention to squad value. Many United and City players will probably increase a bit in GW2-4 due to the number of people who'll bring them in, and some of the more popular early picks will drop a bit if they don't succeed right away. Building squad value early on makes it a lot easier to make transfers etc. later.

Be aware of ownership. Right now for example, Werner is owned by 48%. Would you dare not going for him? If he scores a brace in the first round, 48% of the players will benefit from this, and probably a lot will have him as a captain as well. You don't need to own all of the popular players, and it's a legitimate tactic to choose differentials instead, but you need to hedge your bets on at least some players.

Captain is key. Play it safe! This is not where you want to mess up early on. The logical choice is usually the smart choice.

Form over fixtures. If a player is red hot, choose him over an ice cold player with green fixtures. Especially strikers. Ings is a great example of this last season.

Pick two or three differentials you believe will make a difference, but not to the point where you sacrifice the safe pick just to outsmart everyone. You can do that later in the season instead if you need to make up a points gap and template teams have settled.

Try to find the AWB, Michu and Lundstram of 20/21. Cheap enablers you feel have the potential to a) play every week, and b) score some points.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Finally done.

Pope
TAA -Dunk -Coady -Digne
Wilson- Ings -Jimenez​

Not a bad team, but you know KDB doesn't play in the first gameweek right?

Also you've ignored Salah/Mane/Aubameyang/Havertz/Werner/Kane which again is fine but I'm assuming you plan to put a Bruno in there when GW2 starts? Seems you're missing a lot of big hitters there.

But it's not about big hitters to be fair, you have a very well balanced team that can get even points week in week out. It's a tad risky to ignore all of the above names though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Only playing them for about 2 GWs so it's not the end of the world, as the rest of the squad slowly will take over. Nketiah is mostly there to find the new up and coming 6.0 striker like Pukki last year.

Saliba: Seems nailed for GW1, because David Luiz is out. At GW2, if he doesn't start, i'll have a solid 4-3-3 formation with other players.

Nketiah might be a risk, so I'll await what FFScout / Arteta says. But the upside is huge against Fulham if he starts. If they think Lacazette starts, I'll probably go for another 6.0 attacker or Saka instead.
Quite sure Ornstein said Holding will start for GW1.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Are we all finalised, so?

I'm going with..

McCarthy
Vinagre, Doherty, Walker-Peters,
Pulisic, Son, Salah, Aubameyang (c),
Werner, Antonio, Mitrovic

Subs Smallbone, Lamptey, Johnson, Nyland

Fuller10

Thoughts on my team?

Ramsdale
Gomez Justin O'Connell Tierney Mitchell

Auba Norwood Mane

Antonio Kane (c)
Subs - Nyland, Brewster, Bissouma and Sterling(for next week)

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah I've added him in
What do people think about Bellerin? If he plays as a wingback then he should be very good value.
His injury record is terrible though and he might be dropped at some point.
Same. Given Arsenal's form and system he looks a snip at 5m, and easily rotated if he gets injured.

Nickosaur

I've been reading the arsenal reddit and they think Holding will be preferred. Which seems mad but maybe they don't want to rush Saliba in.
Anyway I've got Holding for now but seems too risky, even just for a 2 week punt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Your bench is quite expensive. Which is nice after a wildcard, and if you've managed to increase squad value a bit, but in the early rounds I personally would choose a better/more expensive starting XI, and make proper adjustments bench wise after things have settled a little. I also think your defense is quite expensive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but Coady for 5.0 for example seems a bit over the top. Surely there is a 4,5 player you can replace either him or Dunk with? Tierney at 5.5 on the bench?

Also, Soucek is out for the first round I think.

Select some decent price points to make transfers easier for the first couple of rounds. For example, having both Salah and Auba from the start makes it a lot easier to get KDB, Sterling or Bruno in your team than if you have a lot of 7,5 - 9.0 players.

Choose 3 or 4 players you feel most confident about, and build the rest around that. These are probably the more expensive ones, and it's easier to tinker with a team if the expensive spots are already taken.

Don't spend too much on goalies early on. It's usually very difficult to predict which ones will start out the best. You can upgrade you goalie after your first wildcard when defenses have settled a little.

Pay attention to squad value. Many United and City players will probably increase a bit in GW2-4 due to the number of people who'll bring them in, and some of the more popular early picks will drop a bit if they don't succeed right away. Building squad value early on makes it a lot easier to make transfers etc. later.

Be aware of ownership. Right now for example, Werner is owned by 48%. Would you dare not going for him? If he scores a brace in the first round, 48% of the players will benefit from this, and probably a lot will have him as a captain as well. You don't need to own all of the popular players, and it's a legitimate tactic to choose differentials instead, but you need to hedge your bets on at least some players.

Captain is key. Play it safe! This is not where you want to mess up early on. The logical choice is usually the smart choice.

Form over fixtures. If a player is red hot, choose him over an ice cold player with green fixtures. Especially strikers. Ings is a great example of this last season.

Pick two or three differentials you believe will make a difference, but not to the point where you sacrifice the safe pick just to outsmart everyone. You can do that later in the season instead if you need to make up a points gap and template teams have settled.

Try to find the AWB, Michu and Lundstram of 20/21. Cheap enablers you feel have the potential to a) play every week, and b) score some points.
Thanks for this. One question though; i see people put Bruno on the bench. Isn't he perfect choice for starter, even captain. Set piece taker and comes from team who will win most of games.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Good shout hadn't realised he was only 6. Have Mitrovic at the moment but Michi is food for thought. Will he go straight in, I wonder?

Varun1

Thoughts on my team?
imgur.com/a/PYyxXo0

I don't have anything in the bank though

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Alright folks, you ain’t ready for this but here goes..

Alisson
Bellerin Soyuncu VVD KWP
Salah (c) ASM Mount Son Auba
Vardy

Subs: Martin, Mitchell, Davis, Wickham

Taking out TAA and replacing Werner with Mount has really given my team a better balance. I’m also showing full faith in Vardy against WBA. Also, Bellerin seems like he’s not going to PSG so he’s 0.5 cheaper then Tierney. I also really like Saka but I think going with ASM allows me to diversify my team rather then have 3 Arsenal players.

Skåre Willoch

Thanks for this. One question though; i see people put Bruno on the bench. Isn't he perfect choice for starter, even captain. Set piece taker and comes from team who will win most of games.
United don't play in round 1, so the people who have him in their team already are just preparing for GW2. Saves them a transfer.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
McCarthy
A-Arnold, Van Dijk, Egan
Ceballos, Son, Aubameyang (c), Havertz, Salah
Antonio, Batshuayi

Johnstone, Johnson, Mitchell, Obafemi

thinking of swapping Antonio and Obafemi for Nketiah and someone else to bench who might play (McGoldrick or Callum Robinson maybe)

probably wild-carding after week 1

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Final team:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Dallas
Aubamayang, Salah, Son, ASM
Werner, Mitrovic, DCL

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Reed, Buur

Will swap Son and Auba for Bruno and KDB with the first two transfers.

My only worry is Buur will probably not play but beyond the first week, he'll be third on bench so hopefully I won't need him and another Lord Lundstram will emerge.

I can upgrade to a 4.5 but don't want to compromise my team anywhere else as I feel it's really balanced.

podurban2

Alright folks, you ain’t ready for this but here goes..

Alisson
Bellerin Soyuncu VVD KWP
Salah (c) ASM Mount Son Auba
Vardy

Subs: Martin, Mitchell, Davis, Wickham

Taking out TAA and replacing Werner with Mount has really given my team a better balance. I’m also showing full faith in Vardy against WBA. Also, Bellerin seems like he’s not going to PSG so he’s 0.5 cheaper then Tierney. I also really like Saka but I think going with ASM allows me to diversify my team rather then have 3 Arsenal players.
Really don’t like the Alisson pick.. I’d go for a cheaper GK and upgrade Mount to Havertz. Swap Son for Martial (with Ings as placeholder gw1) then try to fit in Doherty for Soyuncu so you get Spurs cover. Lastly I would go Werner over Vardy. Just my input, that’s what my team looks like more or less.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Finally done.

Pope
TAA -Dunk -Coady -Digne
Wilson- Ings -Jimenez​

Pope do
Really don’t like the Alisson pick.. I’d go for a cheaper GK and upgrade Mount to Havertz. Swap Son for Martial, then try to fit in Doherty for Soyuncu so you get Spurs cover. Lastly I would go Werner over Vardy. Just my input.
Why would you take Son out giving their run of favourable games and Martial skips gw 1 and isn't a midfielder also.