Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't plan on doing the wildcard until after this weekend's games, but did see the below works....

Sanchez Foster
Rudiger Christensen Cancelo White Manquillo
Salah Rapha Smith Rowe Gray Luiz
Ron Lukaku Antonio

What do we think of that?
3 big team defenders, superb front 3, perhaps midfield lacking a little bite, but 14 starters (and 15 if Foster keeps the shirt!)

Will try and squeeze through with this for this week though...2 transfers (in) yet to made in caps

Sanchez
White Shaw RUDIGER
Salah Greenwood Benrahma Gray
Ronaldo Antonio JIMI

Coufal, Tsim, Gilmour - i'd need 1 of this lot to play if Shaw misses out, or someone else is rested etc.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The Telles goal and Shaw not even being on the bench for Villarreal made me think that Ole won’t rush it. Shaw was poor against Villa and we saw why playing through illness isn’t a good idea.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The Telles goal and Shaw not even being on the bench for Villarreal made me think that Ole won’t rush it. Shaw was poor against Villa and we saw why playing through illness isn’t a good idea.
Depends on the illness I guess. I assume it isn't Covid. As far as Telles goes, yeah he scored but he's not anywhere near Shaw's level defensively. I'm sure if he's over his illness he plays but doesn't sound like he is. Assume the lads are training today so we should get some pics later on.

Hate taking hits for a defender but I'm currently looking at Ben Mee :lol: Has to have a good shout for a clean sheet and Norwich are terrible at defending corners.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need one of Shaw or Coufal to play.
Otherwise might have consider a -4 (3 transfers), or bring the wildcard forward, which isn't ideal

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Otherwise might have consider a -4 (3 transfers), or bring the wildcard forward, which isn't ideal
Coufal usually plays. But I get it that he's flagged.

Are you using WC soon? Not sure a -4 is worth it for defender unless you're certain they can keep a clean sheet.

Chelsea is probably your best bet if you're taking a hit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Coufal usually plays. But I get it that he's flagged.

Are you using WC soon? Not sure a -4 is worth it for defender unless you're certain they can keep a clean sheet.

Chelsea is probably your best bet if you're taking a hit.
Aim to do it over the international break.
I'll probably risk playing 10 over a -4, and hope Coufal starts. Or for some reason Tsim or Gilmour wangle back in,

Dan_F

There’s a pretty high probability we’ll concede against Everton. I’m not sure 2 points is worth changing WC plans for.

Paul_Scholes18

Ronaldo to Lukaku worth it for a -4? It is a long term buy and I plan to get Ronaldo back when our fixtures do turn. We have some nasty fixtures right now.

Still not sure if Ronaldo is the better captain this week. Everton is not that hard, but our form is poor. Southampton up and down I guess.

Logic says since I am in doubt it is better to wait.

Plus there is one international break with lots of injuries. If Lukaku gets injured I would be fecked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo to Lukaku worth it for a -4? It is a long term buy and I plan to get Ronaldo back when our fixtures do turn. We have some nasty fixtures right now.

Still not sure if Ronaldo is the better captain this week. Everton is not that hard, but our form is poor. Southampton up and down I guess.

Plus there is one international break with lots of injuries. If Lukaku gets injured I would be fecked.
That would be absolute insanity I think.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Nah. Lukaku is the better pick over the medium term but it's not worth 4 points to bring him in this week.

MUFC OK

I dont like any teams I've seen with Lukaku and Ronaldo up front. The sacrifices made elsewhere are too great and I wouldnt want to go without Antonio.

Paul_Scholes18

That would be absolute insanity I think.
Short term yes, but you need to consider we have a tricky run to come. Gameweek 15 it turns and I would get Ronaldo back or Rashford if he is finding form.

I have other moves to make so basically getting Lukaku is for a -4 is a must if I want him. Thus waiting one more gameweek or 2 more gameweeks?

Lukaku and Ronaldo both look a bit heavy and in poor form, but they will score goals I am sure about. The question who scores the most this gameweek and who is the best captain?

Lukaku historically been great against the weaker sides so it would be nice to have him. Ronaldo still can score against anyone I have no doubts, but he is getting old still.

I also want Cancelo so that is another move.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Short term yes, but you need to consider we have a tricky run to come. Gameweek 15 it turns and I would get Ronaldo back or Rashford if he is finding form.

I have other moves to make so basically getting Lukaku is for a -4 is a must if I want him. Thus waiting one more gameweek or 2 more gameweeks?

Lukaku and Ronaldo both look a bit heavy and in poor form, but they will score goals I am sure about. The question who scores the most this gameweek and who is the best captain?

Lukaku historically been great against the weaker sides so it would be nice to have him. Ronaldo still can score against anyone I have no doubts, but he is getting old still.

So just do it the week after and not take a hit?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Aim to do it over the international break.
I'll probably risk playing 10 over a -4, and hope Coufal starts. Or for some reason Tsim or Gilmour wangle back in,
Gilmour is irrelevant. If Shaw misses out, you need Coufal to play because of the 3 defenders rule.

Swiss_Red89

I think I gamble and hold on Shaw now as I'm already on -4 and have other transfer plans for GW8 too.

Would you have Duffy or Williams first on your bench to come in for Shaw if he isn't available tomorrow?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I think I gamble and hold on Shaw now as I'm already on -4 and have other transfer plans for GW8 too.

Would you have Duffy or Williams first on your bench to come in for Shaw if he isn't available tomorrow?
Duffy every time. Think he's near the top (if not the top) of XG for defenders.

3vra

Don't plan on doing the wildcard until after this weekend's games, but did see the below works....

Sanchez Foster
Rudiger Christensen Cancelo White Manquillo
Salah Rapha Smith Rowe Gray Luiz
Ron Lukaku Antonio

What do we think of that?
3 big team defenders, superb front 3, perhaps midfield lacking a little bite, but 14 starters (and 15 if Foster keeps the shirt!)

Will try and squeeze through with this for this week though...2 transfers (in) yet to made in caps

Sanchez
White Shaw RUDIGER
Salah Greenwood Benrahma Gray
Ronaldo Antonio JIMI

Coufal, Tsim, Gilmour - i'd need 1 of this lot to play if Shaw misses out, or someone else is rested etc.
No TAA ? For 7,5 he is gonna get 200+ easily.
For me he is the only must have in the game.

7,5 for 200-250 pts vs12,5 for Salah for 250-300.

its No brainer.

Right now he is out and they play City but when he comes back how would you get him back to your team ? Who do you wanna change ?

Swiss_Red89

Duffy every time. Think he's near the top (if not the top) of XG for defenders.
Yep. But I've Saka and White already playing against Brighton and I don't like that situation :lol: plus Williams has a chance for a clean sheet at Burnley.

But it will probably be Duffy I'm going with.

stretford_oslo

I don't own Lukaku, but I'm captaining Antonio over Ronaldo.
- Sunday match (hate captains for early fixtures)
- United looking piss poor last few weeks
- 5 goals in 5 matches (13/11/16/8) points when he's not red carded

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ole on Shaw - "He's been ill but he has the shoulder injury. We've got to make a decision on him."

Guess I'll have to hold out hope for some early team news :rolleyes:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Yeah, if you are going to do Ronaldo to Lukaku it is going to cost you a transfer and -4 at some point, so you may as well maximise the potential return of the transfer.

I was comfortable with Ronaldo as captain this weekend, but Everton’s xG against is as good as anyone else’s in the league bar City and they have only conceded more than 1 xG once this season. I’m tempted to move to Lukaku this weekend now.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah, if you are going to do Ronaldo to Lukaku it is going to cost you a transfer and -4 at some point, so you may as well maximise the potential return of the transfer.

I was comfortable with Ronaldo as captain this weekend, but Everton’s xG against is as good as anyone else’s in the league bar City and they have only conceded more than 1 xG once this season. I’m tempted to move to Lukaku this weekend now.
I feel it is fairly close with who I want as my captain this week. I think Lukaku edge it this week, but not enough for a -4. The problem though is long term Lukaku looks better so a move could be justified already.

I will leave it late for sure. We might get lineup leaks. If Shaw is back then maybe I keep Ronaldo.

Nickosaur

Tempted to do a -4 to bring in White (for TAA) and Lukaku (for Bamford)

Sanchez
Rudiger / Marcal / White
Salah / Greenwood / Fornals / Traore
Ronaldo / Lukaku (C) / Antonio

Bench: Williams / Livramento / Moder.

Hate my midfield at the moment but not much I can do but hope for some lucky returns.

Paul_Scholes18

Tempted to do a -4 to bring in White (for TAA) and Lukaku (for Bamford)

Sanchez
Rudiger / Marcal / White
Salah / Greenwood / Fornals / Traore
Ronaldo / Lukaku (C) / Antonio

Bench: Williams / Livramento / Moder.

Hate my midfield at the moment but not much I can do but hope for some lucky returns.
Your def feels a bit week. Maybe go Jimenez or someone and improve the def?

Jacko21

Ole on Shaw - "He's been ill but he has the shoulder injury. We've got to make a decision on him."

Guess I'll have to hold out hope for some early team news :rolleyes:
Seems daft for him to not play vs Everton but then still go on international duty.

Clubs don’t need much of a reason to stop a player from joining up with their country.

JP77

Opinions on my current team? First year in ages taking it seriously due to the league I'm in at work with too many cocky feckers.

Schmeichel
Rudiger-White-Cresswell-Reguilon
Son-Salah-Gallagher-Gray
Saint-Maxamin - Lukaku

Bench: Gunn- Adam Armstrong - Pinnock - Torres

I started with completely the wrong team but have managed to make quite a few changes to get this current team that tbf I quite like. Any changes you would make? Any must haves? Just replaced Shaw with Rudiger. Need to get Schmeichel out but waiting for a gameweek to do it without the -4.

Paul_Scholes18

Opinions on my current team? First year in ages taking it seriously due to the league I'm in at work with too many cocky feckers.

Schmeichel
Rudiger-White-Cresswell-Reguilon
Son-Salah-Gallagher-Gray
Saint-Maxamin - Lukaku

Bench: Gunn- Adam Armstrong - Pinnock - Torres

I started with completely the wrong team but have managed to make quite a few changes to get this current team that tbf I quite like. Any changes you would make? Any must haves? Just replaced Shaw with Rudiger. Need to get Schmeichel out but waiting for a gameweek to do it without the -4.
It is a bit different, but not sure I would trust Spurs that much. Although Kane and Son will eventually get going.

I would run from Torres, but you never know with Pep when players get a run. Now it looks like Sterling and Jesus playing up front though over Torres.