Fantasy Premier League 21/22

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Gundogan might get more game time than expected (initially) too.

One of their Def mids (either the lanky one or the dirty one). Gundogan and Grealish (if rumours are to be believed), Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez
Yeah Gundogan will play but I think it ll be slightly deeper than Jack in midfield along with Rodri or Fernandinho.

saivet

Picked my first draft. I'll probably remove Kane for another striker but I want to be able to bring him into my team in one transfer as if his transfer to City happens I think he'll be a must have. Unsure which striker I'll have in his place for now though (considering Wilson).

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Tierney, Digne
Salah (c), Buendia, Harrison, Greenwood
Antonio, Toney​

Subs: Bachmann, Kane, Amartey, Brownhill

Any thoughts on my team?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Picked my first draft. I'll probably remove Kane for another striker but I want to be able to bring him into my team in one transfer as if his transfer to City happens I think he'll be a must have. Unsure which striker I'll have in his place for now though (considering Wilson).

Sanchez
Antonio, Toney​

Any thoughts on my team?
Bench looks weak. Amartey and Brownhill i mean. You think that they will be even 2 pointers? And after first Leeds, i doubt that Greenwood will play. Sancho and Cavani will take two spots and Martial or Greenwood will take lw. Just an opinion. I also struggle about Mason

saivet

Bench looks weak. Amartey and Brownhill i mean. You think that they will be even 2 pointers? And after first Leeds, i doubt that Greenwood will play. Sancho and Cavani will take two spots and Martial or Greenwood will take lw. Just an opinion. I also struggle about Mason
Yeah you're right on the bench options and Greenwood is a pretty short sighted pick as I don't think he will be a regular. I was thinking about Brandon Williams instead of Amartey if he goes on loan to Norwich but probably not guarantee he even plays there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah you're right on the bench options and Greenwood is a pretty short sighted pick as I don't think he will be a regular. I was thinking about Brandon Williams instead of Amartey if he goes on loan to Norwich but probably not guarantee he even plays there.
Not just that. Norwich will concede lots of goals. So what is the use of him? Brownhill COULD be a good shout. My 5th mc is Gilmour but i am thinking about Brownhill too

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wisdom in that first line, and then madness, of considering a fairly weak full back, going to a team who will probably be dreadful relegation fodder?

saivet

Wisdom in that first line, and then madness, of considering a fairly weak full back, going to a team who will probably be dreadful relegation fodder?
:lol: at 4.0m I don't think there are any good options to be fair, at least no one I know anything about. I don't mind a bench fodder player that at least gets a fair few minutes

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Sanchez
Antonio, Toney​

Any thoughts on my team?
I was wondering where you spent all your money then saw Kane on the bench :lol:

You could start with Vardy maybe and leave the extra for Kane in the bank.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Does this mean Grealish is guaranteed to start at the beginning of the season in behind the striker/false 9 with Sterling and Mahrez on either side of him? If so he goes straight into my team. At £8m for a guaranteed starter even if it’s only for 2-3 weeks is a steal.
My thinking atm would be that Mahrez is the guy to go for as he will be playing in his usual attacking position, whereas Grealish could be used as the LCM in a 4-3-3 given they'll need that deeper creativity with KDB out. And if Grealish looks better you can then downgrade and free up 1.5m to react to whatever else happens.

RDCR07

My thinking atm would be that Mahrez is the guy to go for as he will be playing in his usual attacking position, whereas Grealish could be used as the LCM in a 4-3-3 given they'll need that deeper creativity with KDB out. And if Grealish looks better you can then downgrade and free up 1.5m to react to whatever else happens.
The problem with Mahrez for me is, he is inconsistent. He scored 145 points last season and I might not sure if he missed chunks of time with injury. Also he can score a hat trick one game and Pep would still rotate him out for Torres next game.

Last edited:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Some rumours that Calvert-Lewin has a toe injury. If so he won’t be in my team for the start of the season.
Will see tomorrow with friendly v Man Utd.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Some rumours that Calvert-Lewin has a toe injury. If so he won’t be in my team for the start of the season.
Will see tomorrow with friendly v Man Utd.
Ffs. That'll leave me with no option but the troll himself (Callum Trollson).

Edit: Looks like Wilson missed the last two friendlies and training today. Read it might be a hamstring issue.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Ffs. That'll leave me with no option but the troll himself (Callum Trollson).

Edit: Looks like Wilson missed the last two friendlies and training today. Read it might be a hamstring issue.
I’m switching to 5 in midfield with Watkins and DCL out. Cant bring myself to go with Wilson.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
If Calvert-Lewin is out I’m going 3-5-2 with Watkins and Toney up front for first few matches.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Going with Mahrez and Grealish for the first 3-4 weeks if KDB and Foden are both injured. They are an easy swap to most appealing players anyway at their prices.

BoulderDevil

taking a punt on martial. The new haircut, cavani still out, he’s due for a strong return

RedMist99

Is this madness to go with such a premium defence? Logic is, there are favourable fixtures for the defenders involved early on and I have no idea which strikers are going to be hot. I've also selected fodder for the squad and left £2.0m in the bank to get the early price risers and out of position players.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Is this madness to go with such a premium defence? Logic is, there are favourable fixtures for the defenders involved early on and I have no idea which strikers are going to be hot. I've also selected fodder for the squad and left £2.0m in the bank to get the early price risers and out of position players.

I think it is madness, yeah.

All it takes is for Ings or Greenwood to blank or not start and you are immediately up against it depending on clean sheets.

You would be much better served downgrading Coufal/Digne and going with two 6.5 mids instead of Greenwood and going 4-4-2 in my opinion.

Loads of goals on opening day and you are practically guaranteed a bad score.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You're leaving yourself massively exposed there. Nothing on the bench and starting 5 defenders is very rarely a good idea.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just 6 days away now then, but so many awkward issues from late transfers/rotations/extended summer breaks/fitness questions.

Lukaku & Kane will be big news if they move
Grealish could be great value if he starts most weeks, which surely he does at 100m?
Sancho and summer signings - how they settle in
Maguire and players who played deep into Euro 2020 - will they start, and start well?

GledTheRed

Sanchez
Antonio, Toney​

Any thoughts on my team?
Shit

Pickle85

Everyone seems to be saying no greenwood but he's starting for me. Why are we so sceptical of him as ff asset this season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone seems to be saying no greenwood but he's starting for me. Why are we so sceptical of him as ff asset this season?
Because we've lashed out 80m on a player who plays in the position he's featured most for us?

He may have a few months of grace though while Rashford is out, presuming Martial doesn't get back in on the left wing/

Pickle85

Because we've lashed out 80m on a player who plays in the position he's featured most for us?

He may have a few months of grace though while Rashford is out, presuming Martial doesn't get back in on the left wing/
Yeah, I'm thinking with Rashford out he should get decent game time. I think ole definitely prefers him to martial.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Work in progress, love the defence and midfield, attack a bit weak.
De Bruyne seems to be 25% to play, so Grealish as well as being a 100m man and sure to start anyway, has even more chance with KDB out.

Sanchez Foster
TAA, Shaw, Stones, White, Coady
Salah, Bruno, Grealish, Raphina, Buendia
Antonio, Toney, 4.5m man fodder

Other thoughts
1) Might be decent getting Martinez in goal with Villa's start
2)Maybe same deal with Ings up front
3) Greenwood might well be an option (as per @Pickle85 above)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd happily opt for Greenwood to begin with. He's one of the few to have had a full pre-season, Sancho hasn't arrived yet, not sure Cavani has arrived either, Lingard has Covid, Rashford is out injured, etc.

You just have to be prepared to ditch Greenwood at the right time.

Pickle85

Work in progress, love the defence and midfield, attack a bit weak.
De Bruyne seems to be 25% to play, so Grealish as well as being a 100m man and sure to start anyway, has even more chance with KDB out.

Sanchez Foster
TAA, Shaw, Stones, White, Coady
Salah, Bruno, Grealish, Raphina, Buendia
Antonio, Toney, 4.5m man fodder

Other thoughts
1) Might be decent getting Martinez in goal with Villa's start
2)Maybe same deal with Ings up front
3) Greenwood might well be an option (as per @Pickle85 above)
This looks strong. I wonder whether Grealish may play a little deeper and be afforded less freedom than at villa, which is why I've not jumped on him, though he's absolute value if he does start posting serious numbers. Seeing everyone's teams with Bruno makes me very, very nervous not starting with him.

Pickle85

I'd happily opt for Greenwood to begin with. He's one of the few to have had a full pre-season, Sancho hasn't arrived yet, not sure Cavani has arrived either, Lingard has Covid, Rashford is out injured, etc.

You just have to be prepared to ditch Greenwood at the right time.
Yep, agreed. I think it'll be knowing when to hop off that's key.