Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Tempted to free hit next week.

I have 2x free hit and 1 wildcard left but haven't really kept up with potential future issues. Does anyone know if there's any particular reason to go Wildcard OR free hit? Not sure if wildcard would be better..
I'm probably going to FH next week as all those DGW players next week are not the kind you want long term.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tempted to free hit next week.

I have 2x free hit and 1 wildcard left but haven't really kept up with potential future issues. Does anyone know if there's any particular reason to go Wildcard OR free hit? Not sure if wildcard would be better..
@dirtyschwein did a couple of long ish posts on it a day or 2 back. Probs 1 page or 2 back.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Great i'll take a look, thanks both!

Interesting he did a wildcard.

I think Free hit GW 30 is required. Which means either wildcarding now to plan for the future 2 weeks and keeping a spare free hit for the end of the season.

Or FH now, then Wildcard next week for the future.

Last edited:

0161_UNITED

72 + whatever dross Weghorst serves up in the next match. Really had no choice but to FH this week, but that's disappointing. Whiffed on captain Fernandes. Doubt this made up enough ground after last weeks disaster. If had captained any other player, it'd have been a haul or a cleanie. [Sighs]

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
72 + whatever dross Weghorst serves up in the next match. Really had no choice but to FH this week, but that's disappointing. Whiffed on captain Fernandes. Doubt this made up enough ground after last weeks disaster.
72?! That's one heck of a haul.

I was happy enough with 40 looking at other scores in my league, with Brownhill, Weigy (c) to play again and Bowen to play tomorrow.

The free hitters are only 45-55 so far, which doesn't seem a great result.

Paul_Scholes18

Wow such a disaster free hit. My rival/friend with Foden, Laporte, Ben Davies, Cancelo, Sanchez, Son (cap) Watkins, King, Maupay outscored me and still got Bowen and Coady left.

No Burnley players though so I got a chance.

Wish I went for some swedish players. Krafth, Lindelöf, Kulusevski all did well and Elanga got the same as Bruno anyway.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Lovely stuff. Think Foden was the least picked of the City mids as well.

Shame that City got that late winner though.
Yeah massively, non-Free Hitters have come out on top there. Burnley flopping too.
Yeah that Foden goal was annoying but I got away with it as my rival has him but also Bruno and Mahrez. Could and should have been a disaster.

0161_UNITED

72?! That's one heck of a haul.

I was happy enough with 40 looking at other scores in my league, with Brownhill, Weigy (c) to play again and Bowen to play tomorrow.

The free hitters are only 45-55 so far, which doesn't seem a great result.
Yeah, I think most of free-hitters missed the mark. I was expecting more, but I shouldn't be that disappointed I guess. I followed my plan which to WC to get Salah back after AFCON, FH this week and then settle in save the 2nd FH for a future DGW and the BB for 36 (I think Schwein posted recently which week we should consider the BB). However, I'm reading that some still have all 4 chips, and this week probably just wasn't enough to hang with those guys when I've burned those chips the last couple of weeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I think most of free-hitters missed the mark. I was expecting more, but I shouldn't be that disappointed I guess. I followed my plan which to WC to get Salah back after AFCON, FH this week and then settle in save the 2nd FH for a future DGW and the BB for 36 (I think Schwein posted recently which week we should consider the BB). However, I'm reading that some still have all 4 chips, and this week probably just wasn't enough to hang with those guys when I've burned those chips the last couple of weeks.
I have 4 chips, and am hopeful that I can use them better than the free hitters who have only narrowly beaten my total this week!

Dan_F

Yeah free hit been a bit of a let down, I’m on 60 with 3 to go. Pretty disappointed not to get anything from Mahrez, Sancho, Broja.

I’ve been looking at my team for next week and I’m very happy with it already, so as I said before, I’ll be judging whether this has been a success after 30.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah free hit been a bit of a let down, I’m on 60 with 3 to go. Pretty disappointed not to get anything from Mahrez, Sancho, Broja.

I’ve been looking at my team for next week and I’m very happy with it already, so as I said before, I’ll be judging whether this has been a success after 30.
Humble brag alert :lol:
60 plus maybe 10 for those other 3 certainly won't be a poor score this week!

Paul_Scholes18

I have 4 chips, and am hopeful that I can use them better than the free hitters who have only narrowly beaten my total this week!
I think Free hit 29 looks decent given that teams like Newcastle and Everton double that you do not want to keep players from.

Dan_F

Humble brag alert :lol:
60 plus maybe 10 for those other 3 certainly won't be a poor score this week!
Well they are all Burnley…

I think it’s the disappointment of having two of my premiums benched. Plus I don’t think 60 is anything to write home about on a free hit.

Paul_Scholes18

60 is bloody good I have 47. Did you go for Foden? I think Foden was the only none defender that hauled so far that I did consider.

I think I shall sell Cancelo and go without City soon.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
43 with 3 to play including captain Weghorst. No chips used. Not awful, not amazing.

Guita not playing was a pain. No keeper.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think Free hit 29 looks decent given that teams like Newcastle and Everton double that you do not want to keep players from.
I don't get this.

Doubles in 28:
Soton
Newcastle
Wolves
Watford
Leeds
Villa

All jobbers above.

Doubles in 29:
Brighton
Spurs
Brighton
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle

Surely FH in 28 is better as you can easily hold Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool players?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I don't get this.

Doubles in 28:
Soton
Newcastle
Wolves
Watford
Leeds
Villa

All jobbers above.

Doubles in 29:
Brighton
Spurs
Brighton
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle

Surely FH in 28 is better as you can easily hold Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool players?
Yh agree. Either FH 28, or WC 28 but cover both weeks with it.

Paul_Scholes18

I don't get this.

Doubles in 28:
Soton
Newcastle
Wolves
Watford
Leeds
Villa

All jobbers above.

Doubles in 29:
Brighton
Spurs
Brighton
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle

Doubles 28 play in 30 so is quite good to have. 29 picks I am not sure I want to keep that long since they mostly blank in 30 apart from Arsenal.

I guess you pick Liverpool players anyway.

Moby

Dick
I don't get this.

Doubles in 28:
Soton
Newcastle
Wolves
Watford
Leeds
Villa

All jobbers above.

Doubles in 29:
Brighton
Spurs
Brighton
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle

I have no interest in loading up on this dgw28 players on a free hit as well while leaving singles like Liverpool out. Will be different if Chelsea Norwich comes into picture but from the others j have 1 Soton, can get 1 Newcastle and maybe 1 Wolves. Have Coutinho and Raphina from Villa and Leeds and don't want literally anyone from Watford. That's enough for me.

Dan_F

60 is bloody good I have 47. Did you go for Foden? I think Foden was the only none defender that hauled so far that I did consider.

I think I shall sell Cancelo and go without City soon.
No, had Mahrez. My defence did the job, Cancelo, Livra and Digne all returning. Also got captain right with Kane.

Paul_Scholes18

No, had Mahrez. My defence did the job, Cancelo, Livra and Digne all returning. Also got captain right with Kane.
Aah you did free hit without going for Burnley much. Trusting them was my error just cause they had a double.

I always go for guys with doubles. Dennis and Weghorst really letting me down.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Doubles 28 play in 30 so is quite good to have. 29 picks I am not sure I want to keep that long since they mostly blank in 30 apart from Arsenal.

I guess you pick Liverpool players anyway.
Most will have a few Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal so a FH that week feels pointless as those are the best players anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yh agree. Either FH 28, or WC 28 but cover both weeks with it.
Yep, this is what i'll be musing on all week.
See how the Chelsea double sits when announced.

And finally move the 3 United on, and not even consider their players for the next 3 game weeks.

Think the Liverpool game can be moved if Liverpool win their cup game too.

Paul_Scholes18

Most will have a few Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal so a FH that week feels pointless as those are the best players anyway.
True, but I feel like that for most doublers. You can always bring in the best picks and I rather have Salah in 1 game than Ben Mee in 3.

Like if you free hit in 28 you probably go without many City and Liverpool, but in the reverse games Cancelo and TAA smashed it so going without them can still backfire.

Picking Digne, KWP and Saiss can still easily go wrong.