Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Zoo

Mbeumo is playing Norwich this weekend, really need him to be productive. If not am probably going to get rid.

IrishRedDevil

All this talk about fecking Mbeumo. I just had to Google who he was. How did I not know about this Elite and his 2 goals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm debating if I should go Mbuemo or stick with Salah. Top of my mini league by ~2 points, so I don't know if I should protect or continue to attack.
Would be pretty brave after he missed last week and is a player who has 2 goals and no assists in 9 games!
Playing Norwich yes...but...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All this talk about fecking Mbeumo. I just had to Google who he was. How did I not know about this Elite and his 2 goals.
He's this season's Cancelo. Although if ever there's a game for some onion bagging it's Norwich at home.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Alright quick final call lads. Would you bench Antonio for Livra?
Not on your absolute nelly.

You could well regret Livra 3mins into tonight's game, whereas Antonio keeps it alive for a full 90, even against Liverpool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone hype Toney up for me.

2 goals and 2 assists in 10 games, nothing for 4 games.
2 crap teams coming up, and potential facilitator for Ronaldo/Kane in time to come though...

Teja

Would be pretty brave after he missed last week and is a player who has 2 goals and no assists in 9 games!
Playing Norwich yes...but...
Ok you talked me out of the YOLO. I'll go with Salah like I probably should :lol:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Famous last words but I really can't see the appeal in Toney. Don't do it.
Yeah I've had him for weeks now and all this talk of "he puts himself about" doesn't cut it for me, he's not getting me points like I thought he would. Antonio does the same thing but actually scores goals. On paper I should be putting the captaincy on Toney against Norwich at home tomorrow over Salah but I just can't do it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Alright quick final call lads. Would you bench Antonio for Livra?
No. I will always back the attacker. Also, Antonio isn't Lukaku, he scored against Liverpool/City etc last season. If you pick Livra, and Watkins that useless twat scores in 2 minutes for Villa in their 3-1 loss, you will need an attacking return from Livra. Keep him first bench.

Someone hype Toney up for me.

2 goals and 2 assists in 10 games, nothing for 4 games.
2 crap teams coming up, and potential facilitator for Ronaldo/Kane in time to come though...
Toney has been a bit unlucky. His stats have been great and he just hasn't found the finish. However, Norwich and then Newcastle is the perfect time to change that. If he can't do it here then he's useless. Remember, he's on pens and also creates a lot of chances so will be good for BPS if he does return.

I've just replaced Jimenez with Toney and will assess after these two GWs. I'll be kicking myself if I didn't do this move as I had this planned for weeks.

Guys, advice please ^
If you want James long term then do it but Duffy and Livra can both easily do well this week and you'll be annoyed if that happens and you took a -4 to bench them.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah I've had him for weeks now and all this talk of "he puts himself about" doesn't cut it for me, he's not getting me points like I thought he would. Antonio does the same thing but actually scores goals. On paper I should be putting the captaincy on Toney against Norwich at home tomorrow over Salah but I just can't do it.
Yeah I just don't trust players who regularly go 3/4 games without getting points regardless of their fixtures. Even if he does score then you're looking at taking him out eventually when he regresses back. It just seems like a quick punt which will use up another transfer in two/three weeks time.

Watch him score a hattrick now :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah I just don't trust players who regularly go 3/4 games without getting points regardless of their fixtures. Even if he does score then you're looking at taking him out eventually when he regresses back. It just seems like a quick punt which will use up another transfer in two/three weeks time.

Watch him score a hattrick now :lol:
You can't think like that. You have to compare him to his price bracket. Others include Hwang, ASM, Armstrong... I think that's about it? Toney is as good as if not better than most of those. I say most because Hwang is doing well... although he is massively outperforming his expected data.

With that said, Toney went up 0.4 with 4 blanks on the trot so expect him to blank again, especially as I juts got him in :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I've thought the same.

Antonio or Hwang though?
For some reason Jiminez is the 2nd most transferred in striker this week. Palace aren't that bad are they?

I just think you need to play Antonio this week. Yes, it's Liverpool, but Antonio is a beast, he's at home and West Ham are riding high. Very unlucky not to get some decent points in their 4 goaler the other game.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No. I will always back the attacker. Also, Antonio isn't Lukaku, he scored against Liverpool/City etc last season. If you pick Livra, and Watkins that useless twat scores in 2 minutes for Villa in their 3-1 loss, you will need an attacking return from Livra. Keep him first bench.

Toney has been a bit unlucky. His stats have been great and he just hasn't found the finish. However, Norwich and then Newcastle is the perfect time to change that. If he can't do it here then he's useless. Remember, he's on pens and also creates a lot of chances so will be good for BPS if he does return.

I've just replaced Jimenez with Toney and will assess after these two GWs. I'll be kicking myself if I didn't do this move as I had this planned for weeks.

If you want James long term then do it but Duffy and Livra can both easily do well this week and you'll be annoyed if that happens and you took a -4 to bench them.
Thanks Schwein. Duffy or Tino?

Have Sanchez between the sticks.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Although tempted to double on Chelsea defenders, I think that TAA/Cancelo/Chilwell back three, with 2 playing cheapos is a strong template.

Vardy, Antonio and Jimi is a decent front 3 for this week too, and any of the mids could pop up with a goal.

Therefore, leaving it alone, and no doubt will be pleased to have 2 freebies the other side of the latest dreaded international break! (Seem to come sooo painfully often don't they)

Best of luck all.

paulscholes18

With Firmino out for 4+ weeks, think I will go from Havertz to Jota after this GW, and Vardy to Kane

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
For some reason Jiminez is the 2nd most transferred in striker this week. Palace aren't that bad are they?

I just think you need to play Antonio this week. Yes, it's Liverpool, but Antonio is a beast, he's at home and West Ham are riding high. Very unlucky not to get some decent points in their 4 goaler the other game.
Going by my logic of putting him in this week, because there's a complete lack of available mid-tier strikers available.

Bamford, DCL and Ings would all be in replacements but they're injured. Everybody already has Antonio. Hwang is overperforming.

There's very few slightly reliable strikers below that, except perhaps @Dirty Schwein's illegitimate child, Ivan Toney.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Going by my logic of putting him in this week, because there's a complete lack of available mid-tier strikers available.

Bamford, DCL and Ings would all be in replacements but they're injured. Everybody already has Antonio. Hwang is overperforming.

There's very few slightly reliable strikers below that, except perhaps @Dirty Schwein's illegitimate child, Ivan Toney.
If he blanks the next two, I'm disowning his ass :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Proper benching headache this week. Can see this becoming a theme / consistent problem with the four big hitters in defence.

Currently benched Cancelo - wondering whether to play him though over Raphinha / Foden..

Red Star One

Feels so filthy to play Cancelo this week but I don’t think I’ll bench him for Livra. Watch the latter bank a CS or a goal and Cancelo getting the most obvious one point. Double Brentford attackers this week, hoping for some magic