Fantasy Premier League 21/22

DickDastardly

It's a waiting game.....

I have 2 free transfers ready to unload.
Just on who, that's the biggest fecking issue.

If City are out on game day, what's the guarantee that Liverpool won't be in two days?

Gawge

I have Bernardo, Dias, livramento and Ronaldo with a free transfer and -4 what should I do here?
Wait until as late as possible to see the news. Ronaldo may be your only issue, and you may also get news on chance of the Brighton game going ahead at the weekend.

No easy option, but if it looks likely Ronaldo is blanking for next two GWs, maybe a switch to a cheaper FW? E.g. Pukki, Watkins or Ings.

redIndianDevil

I got them both this week for a -4, havnt even got to play them yet. Worst decision of the season making early transfers to beat price rises. No idea where I go from here now
That's worse than me. But I'd say stick with it, I had Sanchez last week and got a -4 hit to get in Bachman as a backup keeper, the reason was Sanchez will get a double gameweek in the future. I'm hoping for Ronaldo, Dalot, Reguilon, Sanchez double gameweek in the future without taking any hits.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So a quick final check. This will be my starting 11 without any transfers for now:

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso Livra
Salah Jota Bernardo Gallagher
Antonio Dennis

Foster, Brownhill, Ronaldo, Cancelo

Option 1: Roll the FT. Can field a full 11 even if Livra is out. I'm leaning towards this. In case Ron is still out for next GW can do the move below without a hit and with more info.
Option 2: Take a hit to remove Ronaldo and Brownhill and get a playing mid and fwd. Pro is I can probably aim for a big hitter like Son, Sterling or Foden and spread the funds. Cons: Don't wanna triple up on City, don't trust Spurs players right now and can't find any striker I want as starter. Could be King but again don't want Watford double up. And would be tough to get Ronaldo back.

Thoughts @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Cutch
If you are in a position to roll a transfer then that is the way to go although Watkins is tempting...

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Taken a -4 to replace Ronaldo with Watkins, feeling confident he'll get a goal tonight to make it worth it :nervous:

Smashed last week with a score of 88 with the average ~50 so felt I had a little bit of room to manoeuvre.

Dan_F

How many pages do you think this thread will be by 6pm :lol:

I actually wasn’t bothered by the City news then remembered I had Raphina still.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Wish I'd have saved my free hit now tbh.

Although my friend, in my mini league, used his last week and now he's got 4-7 players potentially not playing :lol:

Gawge

Wish I'd have saved my free hit now tbh.
I don't think this is the last disruption we will have this season. More cancellations are likely.

Not going to use mine unless I'm significantly reduced, hoping to save it to attack a big double game week (or heavy blank GW) later in the season.

saivet

How many pages do you think this thread will be by 6pm :lol:

I actually wasn’t bothered by the City news then remembered I had Raphina still.
Ahh feck, that didn't even cross my mind :lol:

With Cancelo suspended I wasn't too bothered, but then his suspension would just come into play when they next play.

Schneiderman

I'm not taking any hits here, it seems like any game could be called off at any time. Better to save the transfers for when we know what the hell is going on and scrape by this week where possible.

Worth vice captaining someone we know will play from tonight's games.

Moby

Dick
If you are in a position to roll a transfer then that is the way to go although Watkins is tempting...
Watkins could be one of the covid hit players at villa for all we know. So yeah I ignored him. My plan if taking a hit was to do Ronaldo and Brownhill out and Foden and King in. Which is a bit weird as I already have Dennis and mainly wanted Foden for Leeds. But with all these new rumors, just gonna hold for now. 11 fit players is more than enough, not to get greedy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think everyone will have lessened teams. I will roll my transfer and throw in Brownhill in place of Ronaldo :(

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Watkins could be one of the covid hit players at villa for all we know. So yeah I ignored him. My plan if taking a hit was to do Ronaldo and Brownhill out and Foden and King in. Which is a bit weird as I already have Dennis and mainly wanted Foden for Leeds. But with all these new rumors, just gonna hold for now. 11 fit players is more than enough, not to get greedy.
Wasn’t he seen in training pics?

MUFC OK

That isn't sustainable, that'll turn.

Could do with Antonio remembering how to score though. It's been ages now.
I've wanted to get rid of Antonio for a few weeks but theres such a lack of good striking options and he has great fixtures.

3-5-2 is the way this year.

MUFC OK

What do we think about Odegaard?

Townsend does need to go, but am reluctant to boot my whole 0.8m on a straight move to Gallagher.

Odegaard is a mere 0.1m more at 5.4m, and has scored 3 in 3 now, and is a cheaper way in than 6m ESR.

That'd leave a tidy 0.7m in the bank, for the following week to move Hwang to Dennis or King, and a little extra to tidy something else up if needs be.
I think he's just gone through his best form of the season: returns of 7, 7, 8. Maybe a good 5th mid option.

Swiss_Red89

Maybe a daft question sry:
I've already done two transfers now, and took a hit for -4.
If I would activate the FH now, will these two transfers be canceled for next gameweek or do they only count the transfers after Activation of the FH Chip?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Maybe a daft question sry:
I've already done two transfers now, and took a hit for -4.
If I would activate the FH now, will these two transfers be canceled for next gameweek or do they only count the transfers after Activation of the FH Chip?
Cancelled of course. They become a part of the FH.

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
Well this is absolute chaos isn’t it… luckily I had my free hit left so I’m covered for this game week. Switched it up for the second time last night but currently have 3 City players in there. Guess I’ll be keeping an eye on the team news all day then.

MUFC OK

Is this a good week for a FH? How many cancellations are we looking at currently?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rudiger > Alonso for me. I think Alonso is pretty pap and don't trust him not to get benched even with Chilwell out. Have you not considered Dias and doubling up on City defence instead? It's better (certainly recently) and covers you this week with Cancelo out.

If I bin Ronaldo I'll bring in Antonio for his run and remove either Dalot or Allan for Dias or Bernardo/Foden/Gundo (in that order).
Dias hasn't felt as solid this season, and I'd fear him mysteriously being benched for a Norwich home type thing. And need to be certain someone plays this week as I'm all at sea and would be taking a -4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rumours circulating that City have Covid cases as well and the Leeds game is in danger. Could be bollocks but hold those transfers until the deadline.
There was me with just Cancelo, who is missing out anyway.
Then remembered Rapha!
Although it screams 1/2 pointer!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've wanted to get rid of Antonio for a few weeks but theres such a lack of good striking options and he has great fixtures.

3-5-2 is the way this year.
I think 4-4-2 might actually be the way forward. So many strong big hitter defenders.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is this a good week for a FH? How many cancellations are we looking at currently?
Could be a disastrous use of one, as games are falling with 1 day notice maximum.

Imagine you use it and still only get 8 players out.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Keep the Free Hit for the double and treble(?) gameweeks that’ll be coming up from all these postponements.
Everyone is in the same boat now with Man Utd, Brentford, Man City, Leeds players etc.

Get the right team on a free hit during a big double Gameweek and you could easily hit over 100 points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's 12pm now, and City play at 8pm.
Can't be leaving it that late to call off surely?