Fantasy Premier League 22/23

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just realised a certain Man Utd player who's currently not playing isn't in the game

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Attempt 1.0

Mendy £5.0m

Alexander-Arnold £7.5m (vc)
Cancelo £7.0m
Perisic £5.5m
Varane £5.0m

Son £12.0m (c)
Diaz £8.0m
Mahrez £8.0m
Sancho £7.5m

Jesus £8.0m
Havertz - £8.0m

GK - (Sanchez £4.5m) - bench

DF - (White £4.5m) - bench 1
MF - (Caicedo £5.0m) - bench 2
FW - (Forss £4.5m) - bench 3

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ooh you are going Rashford. Brave. He has been so poor and certainly the most likely United player to get subbed early or subbed on.

I hope Rashford can bounce back, but yeah unless he looks great in pre season I will avoid I think.
He's a placeholder. Probs won't make the final draft.

Paul_Scholes18

Jesus vs Saka interest me. Coutinho vs Watkins interst me. I think I want one mid and one striker from these sides.

Jesus and Coutinho feels better, but the other two are very solid nailed picks. Both Jesus and Coutinho I do not trust, but they have been so explosive.

If I think Martinelli start I probably go him and Watkins.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think i am done. Waiting on friendlies now.

Mendy
Taa, Chilwell, Perisic, Walker
Salah, Rashford, Bruno G, Coutinho
Haaland, Jesus
Bench: Sanchez, Tomiyasu, Edouard, Pereira.

What can go wrong?

Bench is little bit expensive but i don't like having players who don't play or rarely play(Greenwood, Undav, 4 mil keepers, )

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm quite tempted by Trippier because Newcastle seemed more organized at the back since Howe took over and have improved further in the summer.

He's no TAA or James but still gets a fair amount of attacking returns but I'm already stacked with TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic & (Tomiyasu).

Considering 5 at the back and swapping Tomiyasu to Tireney :nervous:

Mcking

I'm quite tempted by Trippier because Newcastle seemed more organized at the back since Howe took over and have improved further in the summer.

He's no TAA or James but still gets a fair amount of attacking returns but I'm already stacked with TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic & (Tomiyasu).

Considering 5 at the back and swapping Tomiyasu to Tireney :nervous:
Currently have double Newcastle myself

Dave_MUFC

Is no one going for Nunez? I thought that Liverpool spending £80m on him + no more Mane means that he should be their main man starting up front every week, and should get plenty of chances to score.

Or is it because most people went for Salah as a premium? I've decided to try without him for now, and thought saving the money and going for Diaz + Nunez might make for a more interesting team overall.

Moby

Dick
Is no one going for Nunez? I thought that Liverpool spending £80m on him + no more Mane means that he should be their main man starting up front every week, and should get plenty of chances to score.

Or is it because most people went for Salah as a premium? I've decided to try without him for now, and thought saving the money and going for Diaz + Nunez might make for a more interesting team overall.
If you are skipping Salah then yeah, otherwise with Salah, Diaz is a better option. Cheaper and should be nailed on the left. However whether he's actually productive in front of goal needs to be seen.

Fabian Keller

What's the fuss with perisic?

Overpriced and surely Doherty plays?

I'm currently on triple Newcastle... with Wilson, Bruno G and Trippier, but considering ditching trip for Doherty

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Mendy at 5.0 kills all other 5.0 priced keepers I think.
Not sure. He won't get many save points as he's in one of the better teams so you're either gonna get 6 or 2 points. Hardly any save or bonus points...

I would prefer 4.5 GK and 5 defender rather than the other way round mainly due to the potential of attacking returns.

New draft:

Sanchez
TAA, James, Cancelo, Perisic, Trippier
Salah, Diaz, Odegaard, Neto
Haaland

Subs: Forster, Mitrovic, Rice, Greenwood

Heavy at the back and sightly light in midfield but two playing subs and decent all round potential with most of the best teams covered...

Moby

Dick
Kane is nailed for me, FF gold.
It will be at the cost of Haaland but yeah, no rotation risk, no question marks on new league or whatever. Good fixtures to start as well. Not having any Spurs attacker given they're so nailed and generally been FPL royalty in the past is a bit uncomfortable.

Haaland getting injured for 3-4 months before the start of the season will be perfect.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I'm currently on triple Newcastle... with Wilson, Bruno G and Trippier, but considering ditching trip for Doherty
Perisic is left wing back not right. As being whole his career left winger, he will have solid numbers in attack (for a defender). Plus Spurs under Conte will have a lot of CS.

Paul_Scholes18

Perisic really good at scoring goals from that position. 5.5 is very cheap if he is nailed.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Players to avoid, such as Kristensen, described as;

“Paying 5m for a Leeds defender is like wandering into a pub, and instead of ordering from the bar, paying the first guy you meet a tenner for a pint of his own, warm, piss. In hindsight I’ve decided this is still preferable to a pint of Carling.”

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When you look at it; you can easily go on Zidanes and Pavones.
I was just messing around and managed to build this (just for fun, i am not changing my A. Team).

Raya
Four 4,5 mil defenders who are nailed starters
Salah, Son, Ziyech
Kane, Jesus, Nunez
4 mil keeper and three 4,5 mil starters on the bench.

Teja

Raya (Gazzaniga)
TAA Robertson Cancelo Chilwell Tomiyasu
Salah Neto Mahrez Saka (Pereira)
Haaland (Greenwood Gayle)

Pretty certain it’s impossible to get better than this.
Looks pretty good. Don't think there will be a starting template this year, too many good options.

What's up with Neto? Are his injury problems behind him? Likewise with Chilwell. Why not James for more certainty?
Thoughts on Jesus vs Saka?
Raya v Sanchez?
Mahrez + Pep roulette?

Tavern in the town

Looks pretty good. Don't think there will be a starting template this year, too many good options.

What's up with Neto? Are his injury problems behind him? Likewise with Chilwell. Why not James for more certainty?
Thoughts on Jesus vs Saka?
Raya v Sanchez?
Mahrez + Pep roulette?
We’ll have to see with Neto but 5.5 seems too cheap given how good he was pre injury. I still have PTSD from James last year so it’s probably a little irrational but feck him. Mahrez will hopefully have that right wing spot nailed down now that Sterling is off - think Grealish vs Foden on the left wing is the one that’s a risk. Raya has better fixtures than Sanchez and I plan to wildcard early so it should be alright.

Teja

v1

GK Sanchez, Steele
DEF James, TAA, Laporte, Matip, 4.0 fodder
MID Son, Diaz, Saka, Neto, Andreas
FWD Haaland, Jesus, 4.5M fodder

Planning to go 4-4-2.

Potentially Saka -> another 8.0 / 7.0.
Neto -> ??
Upgrade Matip -> Robertson or Laporte -> Cancelo.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
v1

GK Sanchez, Steele
DEF James, TAA, Laporte, Matip, 4.0 fodder
MID Son, Diaz, Saka, Neto, Andreas
FWD Haaland, Jesus, 4.5M fodder

Planning to go 4-4-2.

Potentially Saka -> another 8.0 / 7.0.
Neto -> ??
Upgrade Matip -> Robertson or Laporte -> Cancelo.
Matip and Laporte will not be nailed starters i think. Especially Matip

Paul_Scholes18

Konate at 5 could be a gem. Man he was insane in Fantasy CL. I think he is a beast in the air.
Of course I had TAA and Robertson in my team that cost a lot when the winner had only Konate and outscored both combined many weeks.

For me playing draft he might be worth a punt and if he do not start I can remove him and try to get him in when he does start.

Teja

Konate at 5 could be a gem. Man he was insane in Fantasy CL. I think he is a beast in the air.
Of course I had TAA and Robertson in my team that cost a lot when the winner had only Konate and outscored both combined many weeks.

For me playing draft he might be worth a punt and if he do not start I can remove him and try to get him in when he does start.
Depends on what Klopp does with Konate .. Last season he was in the cup games with Matip in the league.

I doubt CB gets rotated that much, a settled defence is worth it.

Laporte has started 33/38 games, so he's probably as nailed on as you can get.

Regardless, easy replacements in case either doesn't work out. Laporte -> Stones / Dias; Matip -> Konate.

Paul_Scholes18

Depends on what Klopp does with Konate .. Last season he was in the cup games with Matip in the league.

I doubt CB gets rotated that much, a settled defence is worth it.

Laporte has started 33/38 games, so he's probably as nailed on as you can get.

Regardless, easy replacements in case either doesn't work out. Laporte -> Stones / Dias; Matip -> Konate.
Which is why as a 5th defender and last pick in draft he can be worth a punt particular if he play Community shield. That is if noone got him.
They do sort players based on last seasons points in draft or cost. Either way he will not be picked early in our 6 player league. We have 5 United fans and one Liverpool though.
The Liverpool one might pick him. I will not really pick Matip ahead of him either.

I might even get him in my normal team, but risky and could be a disaster.