g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mahrez nailed on for DGW? Think I need to take a -4 hit to get Mahrez and Saka in for Martinelli and Almiron/March. Thoughts?

Edit : Welp, never mind. Don't have the budget for it. Feck you Trolley, you cnut. 7.6m and returning 1 pointers against relegation fodder. :mad: Think the -4 might be Trolley to Nketiah.
Think I'm going Almiron to Mahrez for now.
It's whether I do a -4 to ship Cancelo to one of their defenders, or hold that another week to get James, ideally once he's actually played 90!
City don't look strong defensively.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's whether I do a -4 to ship Cancelo to one of their defenders, or hold that another week to get James, ideally once he's actually played 90!
GW37

saik

Yeah Almiron is definitely going out. Just thinking if I need to take out Martinelli for other Arsenal attacker or not.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wanna take him out too (Martinelli) but there's too many other things to do.
Exactly this.
My priorities are

1) Get a 2nd playing City player in without ruining the team by getting KDB in
2)Ditch Cancelo
3)Deal with Martinelli

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Exactly this.
My priorities are

1) Get a 2nd playing City player in without ruining the team by getting KDB in
2)Ditch Cancelo
3)Deal with Martinelli
Gotta make sure I get another 2 arse and 1 city, sell Cancelo, still Almiron, sell Bueno, still Patterson.

Then Martinelli.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gotta make sure I get another 2 arse and 1 city, sell Cancelo, still Almiron, sell Bueno, still Patterson.

Then Martinelli.
Sometimes I think these doubles can blindside us.
Bruno & Rashford felt essential this week but for City and Arsenal? Maybe Haaland/Mahrez, and White/Martinelli/Nketiah might be enough.

Would obviously prefer Odey or Saka than Martinelli but would probably be daft making that sidewards move instead of bringing Mahrez in.

Should have done Martial to Nketiah a week earlier when he played us, but never mind.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Sometimes I think these doubles can blindside us.
Bruno & Rashford felt essential this week but for City and Arsenal? Maybe Haaland/Mahrez, and White/Martinelli/Nketiah might be enough.

Would obviously prefer Odey or Saka than Martinelli but would probably be daft making that sidewards move instead of bringing Mahrez in.

Should have done Martial to Nketiah a week earlier when he played us, but never mind.
Yeah I know what you mean but then if a DGW player bangs... You massively miss out.

I'm doing:

Cancelo, Bruno & Almiron out to Gabriel, Mahrez & Saka for -4, leaving me with:

Azpi
Gabriel, Trips, Shaw
Rashy, Martinelli, Mahrez, Saka
Haaland
, Mitro, Kane

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Bueno, Patterson

As you can see, that bench needs replacing and I have the money to do it... Just need the opportunity...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I know what you mean but then if a DGW player bangs... You massively miss out.

I'm doing:

Cancelo, Bruno & Almiron out to Gabriel, Mahrez & Saka for -4, leaving me with:

Azpi
Gabriel, Trips, Shaw
Rashy, Martinelli, Mahrez, Saka
Haaland
, Mitro, Kane

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Bueno, Patterson

As you can see, that bench needs replacing and I have the money to do it... Just need the opportunity...
Bruno could sting you as he looks to be back on the points trail.
But Saka could score each game, but does have City.

Never easy!
I've no Arsenal decision as I already have 3. Not neccesarily the right 3, as like with United I've got to stick with what I have now.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bruno could sting you as he looks to be back on the points trail.
But Saka could score each game, but does have City.

Never easy!
I've no Arsenal decision as I already have 3. Not neccesarily the right 3, as like with United I've got to stick with what I have now.
This is true but need to shed some United and Newcastle for the blank upcoming.

Zen

Haaland banging in 0 shot games before I triple captain in..... feck me, Pep's dropping him next week for one of them ain't he? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haaland banging in 0 shot games before I triple captain in..... feck me, Pep's dropping him next week for one of them ain't he? :lol:
Has to be a real chance he's rested for the easier of the 2 games.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
85 with Shaw, Rashford and Bruno to come against Leeds and presumably bonus for Kane.

I've only got Haaland from City, transferred De Bruyne out for Bruno for this DGW so will need to think what to do for City's DGW next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nah I can easily navigate and save it for the bigger blanks later on.
I suppose Almiron is the start of the process.
I've got a second playing keeper too for the De Gea element.

So yeah probably pretty doable without.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah City triple up can do one. KDB who's on borrowed time anyway and Haaland only for me.

I'll most likely be turning Bruno into Saka and banking the extra cash. Might even captain him over Haaland.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Crap week so far. Unlucky with Gnonto today and obviously Pep being Pep. Don't want a third City player now as I don't trust anyone to start except Haaland and Ederson who is a waste of money.

Saka in for Bruno tonight ahead of any price changes (both could rise but I'm selling Bruno anyway).

Bus team...

Ramsdale
Trippier Shaw Perisic
Saka Martinelli KDB Rashford Andreas
Haaland Kane

Subs: Ward, Gnonto, Thomas, Patterson

£2m in the bank to shift Thomas and one of Patterson/Shaw before GW25. Kilman for Thomas makes sense in 24 and then hopefully Patterson is back. If not might bring in Tarkoswki.

Last edited:

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yeah City triple up can do one. KDB who's on borrowed time anyway and Haaland only for me.

I'll most likely be turning Bruno into Saka and banking the extra cash. Might even captain him over Haaland.
A strange gameweek for anyone that had a triple Arsenal and City plan going into next week.
Both City and Arsenal looked uninspired and didn't really look like they even knew where the lock they were trying to unlock were..

I've had a great GW so far with 81 point despite saving my TC chip for next week, and I think I'll stick to my original plan. It did feel a lot better on friday than it does today though:

Bruno and Ferguson out -> Mahrez and Nketiah in

Kepa (Ward)
White, Shaw, Trippier (Badiashile, Bueno)
KDB, Rashford, Mahrez, Odegaard (Mitoma)
Haaland (TC), Kane, Nketiah (V)

This looked sooo good just three days ago. Now: Meh!
Sometimes this is such a strange game.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
A strange gameweek for anyone that had a triple Arsenal and City plan going into next week.
Both City and Arsenal looked uninspired and didn't really look like they even knew where the lock they were trying to unlock were..

I've had a great GW so far with 81 point despite saving my TC chip for next week, and I think I'll stick to my original plan. It did feel a lot better on friday than it does today though:

Bruno and Ferguson out -> Mahrez and Nketiah in

Kepa (Ward)
White, Shaw, Trippier (Badiashile, Bueno)
KDB, Rashford, Mahrez, Odegaard (Mitoma)
Haaland (TC), Kane, Nketiah (V)

This looked sooo good just three days ago. Now: Meh!
Sometimes this is such a strange game.
I'll see how the Leeds game goes but not sure taking Bruno out is a wise move. I'm more inclined to do Martinelli to Mahrez and keep Bruno. The doubles and blanks are blinding us into dumb moves again. Kane vs KDB was a clear case. Most were arguing to keep KDB just because of the double despite him being useless so far since the WC. Meanwhile Kane who is in hot form was sold. I kept Kane and happy with the points (shoutout to my boys @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan for pushing towards keeping Kane) but that's how it should be. One extra game that is arsenal city and can go either way is not what you waste transfers for when the team itself in case of city are looking out of sorts especially in big games. I mean arsenal at home after looking at what Spurs did to that defense will be licking their lips. That Lewis guy defending vs Saka. Sure that will go well. :lol:

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'll see how the Leeds game goes but not sure taking Bruno out is a wise move. I'm more inclined to do Martinelli to Mahrez and keep Bruno. The doubles and blanks are blinding us into dumb moves again. Kane vs KDB was a clear case. Most were arguing to keep KDB just because of the double despite him being useless so far since the WC. Meanwhile Kane who is in hot form was sold. I kept Kane and happy with the points (shoutout to my boys @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan for pushing towards keeping Kane) but that's how it should be. One extra game that is arsenal city and can go either way is not what you waste transfers for when the team itself in case of city are looking out of sorts especially in big games. I mean arsenal at home after looking at what Spurs did to that defense will be licking their lips. That Lewis guy defending vs Saka. Sure that will go well. :lol:
It will probably be Ake vs. Saka, but yeah! It will be an attackers game. City scored 4 against Spurs just 2,5 weeks ago and can show up against anyone, Arsenal too.

Bruno's been brilliant since Ronaldo left, but he's the only one that will free enough money to make any sensible moves to Arsenal and City and away from the GW25 blankers. A double fixture is a bouble fixture even if one of the fixtures is tough, and I have too many (6) GW25 blankers now and I think I have get rid of at least 2 already now. Shaw is an alternative, but there isn't any defenders I want to move in for before GW25, so the changes must be made in the midfield/attack and I only have 1,0M ITB.
I'll probably go back to Bruno after the blank if he keeps up his form the next couple of weeks, also nice to know he's on pens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, personally I'd seen Kane destroy me that time he scored 16 points, and knew how hard I'd worked to get him in.

Bruno is back on the points trail so don't want to move him out.

I'll probably still look at Mahrez, but that's because Almiron has dropped off a cliff, and it's a free move.

My debate is whether I do Cancelo for -4 to one of the City boys, or wait a week for James to finish a game and then do that.

Skåre Willoch

Yep, personally I'd seen Kane destroy me that time he scored 16 points, and knew how hard I'd worked to get him in.

Bruno is back on the points trail so don't want to move him out.

I'll probably still look at Mahrez, but that's because Almiron has dropped off a cliff, and it's a free move.

My debate is whether I do Cancelo for -4 to one of the City boys, or wait a week for James to finish a game and then do that.
I was planning for Bruno -> KDB, but I'm currently leaning Almiron -> Mahrez as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was planning for Bruno -> KDB, but I'm currently leaning Almiron -> Mahrez as well.
Bruno likes a bit of Leeds action, and Mahrez tends to find his voice in doubles.

With Foden seemingly a mix of out of favour and niggled up, not sure who Mahrez's rival on the right would even be?

Skåre Willoch

Bruno likes a bit of Leeds action, and Mahrez tends to find his voice in doubles.

With Foden seemingly a mix of out of favour and niggled up, not sure who Mahrez's rival on the right would even be?
Yes - with Cancelo out as well, his offensive output is basically unbenchable it seems.

I still have TC intact - but hesitant to use it on Haaland when he doubles. I feel he might be benched to give him a spark or something.
But when to use it? This would've been the earliest I've ever used it anyways - I trust there will be a few more doubles to come.

saik

Bilva.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I brought in Mitoma for Almiron because he is on better form and need to reduce Newcastle & United assets before the cup final (I accidently used that free hit chip where you change your team for one week instead of unlimited transfers after the WC)

After his late goal, I was thinking what a genius I am until I realised that Newcastle were due to play Brighton ffs

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I have White, Martinelli and Nketiah for Arsenal and also Varane, Bruno and Rashford for Utd. Bruno for KDB looked like an easy option before last weekend given City's DGW but now I'm debating to keep both Rashford and Bruno, perhaps I should rather take out Martinelli for Saka. Ideally it'd be Almiron who should go though but I can't have 4 Arsenal players.

Also thinking about Mitoma but I'm sure when I'm transferring him in that he's gonna go quiet again for a few weeks. This run is not sustainable imo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I have White, Martinelli and Nketiah for Arsenal and also Varane, Bruno and Rashford for Utd. Bruno for KDB looked like an easy option before last weekend given City's DGW but now I'm debating to keep both Rashford and Bruno, perhaps I should rather take out Martinelli for Saka. Ideally it'd be Almiron who should go though but I can't have 4 Arsenal players.

Also thinking about Mitoma but I'm sure when I'm transferring him in that he's gonna go quiet again for a few weeks. This run is not sustainable imo.
Mitoma and United plus Newcastle who I assume you have a defender from are all blanking gw25

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Mitoma and United plus Newcastle who I assume you have a defender from are all blanking gw25
Yeah I have Varane and Trippier in defense, Almiron, Rashford and Bruno in midfield from Brighton, Newcastle and United (don't know who the fourth team is that blanks).

So Almiron out right now would be better than Martinelli but can't replace him with an Arsenal player, nor can I afford KDB if I keep Bruno. Perhaps Mahrez instead of Almiron makes sense then, stay clear of KDB and just deal with Bruno and Varane right before GW25. I'm not getting rid of Rashford and Trippier.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's a key player in the middle isn't he?

Rodri-KDB-Bilva really. With Gundo as backup.
Mahrez right.
Foden/Grealish job share on the left.

That ex Leeds bloke there for English quotas.

saik

He's a key player in the middle isn't he?

Rodri-KDB-Bilva really. With Gundo as backup.
Mahrez right.
Foden/Grealish job share on the left.

That ex Leeds bloke there for English quotas.
He is. But I have seen him play on the right this season. We never really know with Pep. :lol: