Fantasy Premier League 22/23

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thinking of going from Jesus to Wilson for week 1 ? What say fellow experts?

Moby

Dick
Nah that's fine.

If you can just give any thoughts like "he's not worth it", "that structure prevents you doing X in week 2", that'd help.

(Ignore option 6)
I think 5-3-2 and 4-4-2 are both fine, 5-4-1 can be an issue because you have two crap fwds on bench and just in case your fwd misses out you are down to 10 men so don't really like that one. For players, Meslier probably is a risky one and Sanchez is my 4.5 guy (or Raya for others but I think Brentford are missing some defenders). From Chelsea defense James is probably the only one worth going for the upside. So overall that Option 2 looks quite good with someone instead of Thiago (Spurs/Arse/City defenders are available for same or less). Rest of the players are pretty template and should be fine.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The last season totals are down to half a season of Arsenal starting absolute jobbers like Tavares, Cedric etc as fullbacks and that's when Ramsdale started blanking. The first half of the season he was easily the best keeper in the game and was hauling 8-10 points for fun so you have to look who is actually playing in front of him which right now is actually better than what he had even during first half of last season. And in the end you play the fixtures, Arsenal fixtures are just far better than Newecastle anyway. Those GW3-4 games look like easy cleanies at least with a few more either side. And Newcastle actually are the ones with injuries in defensive positions - Shelvey who is their DM is out, Botman possibly out as well.
Yeah but are you comfortable with arse triple up? I mean you could be right but I just think Pope is as good a pick.
Are Arsenal this year's Burnley for you?
Haha nah let's see who takes that spot. Probs be wolves.
I love when people use the word "template" as if it's a negative.
It's the template because it's a great plan generally!
This is how templates emerge as seasons go!
Agreed. Although I think most people must it in a "boring" kind of way. No one will celebrate a Jesus goal in FPL this year for example.

Moby

Dick
I'd probably go Son then, as presumably you'll have Jesus in there.
That'd be too rich a front 3 otherwise I think.
Yeah, structure wise that's my thought as well. Can easily switch to Sterling/Bruno/8m mid depending on whoever looks good if need be. So much more flexible that way.

On the other hand Kane plays 90 minutes every game and on pens. Also looking in great goalscoring form in preseason (but then Spurs fans say Son was a little behind fitness).

Do people think Kane continues to play deeper as the creator and keeps setting up Son or becomes the selfish cnut we have known him to be and steals all the goals?

Probably fecking start with both and swerve to Haaland/KDB. :lol:

Moby

Dick
Yeah but are you comfortable with arse triple up? I mean you could be right but I just think Pope is as good a pick.
The triple up doesn't really bother me given other two arses would likely be in attack so I can look at Ramsdale in isolation on whether he's a better pick at that price compared to others at that price which he looks like he is. If you are spending 5m on a keeper you don't want stupid rotation headache and what not, that's a premium price for a keeper. Otherwise just save that 0.5-1m and go with a cheaper option who isn't gonna be a good option each week. So don't see the point of spending 5m on a Newcastle keeper who has a couple of the worst fixtures coming up. They would probably be a better option around the first WC.

diarm

Thinking of going from Jesus to Wilson for week 1 ? What say fellow experts?
If it works for you it could be a massive differential seeing as the entire field is going with Jesus.

My worry would be that Wilson hasn't played a proper game of football in so long and is bound to be rusty.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The triple up doesn't really bother me given other two arses would likely be in attack so I can look at Ramsdale in isolation on whether he's a better pick at that price compared to others at that price which he looks like he is. If you are spending 5m on a keeper you don't want stupid rotation headache and what not, that's a premium price for a keeper. Otherwise just save that 0.5-1m and go with a cheaper option who isn't gonna be a good option each week. So don't see the point of spending 5m on a Newcastle keeper who has a couple of the worst fixtures coming up. They would probably be a better option around the first WC.
Ok I'll go ramsdale. If it fecks up .. you better sleep with one eye open.

Wayne's World

First time I've ever went for 5 ATB. Interesting way to start though and confident they could do well

I have double Newcastle defence though :nervous:

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Last one, not even considering going back on and tinkering:

Allison
Cancelo, Robertson, Cash, Trippier
Odegaard, Salah, Almiron, Sancho
Vardy, Kane

Subs - Ward, N. Williams, Andreas, Greenwood.

I've gone against the grain and gone Vardy over Jesus as I can see Palace keeping it tight and if Arsenal are going to get anything it'll be a potential set-piece...hence Odegaard. Vardy vs Brentford is too good to miss in my opinion.

Almiron has been tearing it up pre-season and rounded out last season well so I can see him doing well against Forest.

The defence picks itself really - all attaching fullbacks likely to get in on the action.

Good luck all!!

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Do you think Cucurella will start for Chelsea tomorrow? If not, who to swap him with?

Dan_F

I’m starting to clench hard on having no 8 million midfielder slot - is it really worth it to have Robertson over Trippier.

Rauður Djöfull

Always hard to stick to the team you have and stop tinkering

right now at

GK: Ward - Sanchez
Defenders: Robertson, Cancelo, TAA, Cash, Neco Williams
Midfielders: Salah, Bailey, Ward Prowse, Martinelli, Neto
Forwards: Kane, Jesus, Gelhardt

Feels like I should take someone out like Robertson for one better midfielder?

The Neville wears Prada

Now I am not convinced about Sancho! Ahhh its so easy to overthink at this stage.

Team is as follows - any advice appreciated!;

Henderson
TAA - Cancelo - Gabriel - Trippier
Salah - Sancho - Saka - Neto
Haaland (c) - Jesus

Subs - Gazzaniga - Greenwood - N Williams - Andreas

I have 0.5m left in bank. Would anyone do anything different with what I have?

Dan_F

Always hard to stick to the team you have and stop tinkering

right now at

GK: Ward - Sanchez
Defenders: Robertson, Cancelo, TAA, Cash, Neco Williams
Midfielders: Salah, Bailey, Ward Prowse, Martinelli, Neto
Forwards: Kane, Jesus, Gelhardt

Feels like I should take someone out like Robertson for one better midfielder?
Same. Possibly not looking at average scores over last season, but you could argue that the 5 million wing backs are better this year. Trippier, Walker and Peresic (when fit) are great options for that price.

Leonzo1

Mendy
Trippier Cancelo TAA Dalot
Salah Sancho Diaz Martinelli
Kane Jesus

Iversen, Andreas, N.williams, Plange.

Thoughts?
Not completely sold on Mendy and Sancho.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had the template team yesterday but I just want to go with something different. In the morning I had 8/11 players covered with all the good players in all my minileagues, that is just boring.

Now I got:

Ward/Iversen
TAA Walker Dalot Gabriel Neto
Salah Sterling Sancho Martinelli Neto
Halaand Jesus Archer

There's something about Sterling that tells me he will do very well this season. He was a goal+assists machine when he played regularly for City.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
To people who are going Ward/Iversen do you have at least 0.5 in the bank to switch in case Leicester go out and get a #1?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To people who are going Ward/Iversen do you have at least 0.5 in the bank to switch in case Leicester go out and get a #1?
I will have to take a hit. But I was planning on not using my first transfer anyway, and to have 2 accumulated in case of emergency at least until transfer window shuts. I plan to WC after 31 Aug anyway.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
No. I'd just wildcard tbh and there's been no indication from Rodgers that they want to either. Presser shortly as well so let's see if it comes up again.

Palace away isn't that great place to go either. I can always switch back to Jesus from week 2.
True. But Palace were garbage against us in the preseason and haven't had much of a better one after. I'd just base it on who is most likely to score based on form. Switching could work though. Personally, I'll be sticking with Jesus... Can I get an Amen up in here?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm done. In Malaysia at the moment and need to sleep as I have to wake up at 4am so the time difference means when I wake up the deadline would have passed.

Landed on:

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, James, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Rashford
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Iverssen, Williams, Andreas, Archer

Good luck all.

Dan_F

Can’t even get past the first weekend without a manager trolling. That’s really fecking annoying.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

For all the Ward/Iversen lineups out there. Rumour from Leicester fans is Iversen will start due to Ward not being ready. Only a rumour currently.
I would go Ward. Iverssen will probs start but it's clear Ward is the main GK and you don't wanna be wasting a transfer in your second keeper, who you probs wrong even play on the first few weeks.

Teja

Ok I'm done after twiddling this a shit ton. If one of the players outside the top 6 starts catching fire I might have to WC to re-arrange but this is as decent as it gets.

GK Ward, Iverson
DEF TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Saliba, Williams
MID Salah, Mount, Martinelli, Rashford
FWD Haaland, Jesus, Archer.

Punts are Rashford, Saliba and Mount. Rest is pretty template. I back Rashford to do well this season and Saliba to establish himself at the back for Arsenal.

Never mind Bailey or the Leicester goalkeepers, Rashford is the one I look at in my current team and think "Am I crazy?"
I have him, I def think it's worth a punt. If not, a couple of transfers to spend more at the back / replace with Bailey for me.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Never mind Bailey or the Leicester goalkeepers, Rashford is the one I look at in my current team and think "Am I crazy?"
Apart from last season, he's always been decent enough.

He's got 170+ twice and 100+ twice. Those are phenomenal numbers for a 6.5 mid. If he gets around 140+ that will be a win.

Last year:

Saka 179
Mount 169
Foden 137

That's where the 8.0 mids will probably end up if you go by the numbers (can always have anomalies) so it depends if last season was just as blip or not.

At 6.5 it's worth taking a punt on him if it helps the rest of your squad and just remove him if he looks shit.

But if he scores... His price will go up instantly.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Think my final team is this.
In bold are those starting this week.

Ward/Sanchez
Dalot Robertson Digne Walker Patterson
Salah (c) Mount Diaz Martinelli Zaha
Kane Jesus
Archer

I had another team with Cancelo and Bailey but i dont like being locked into Bailey if he doesnt work out.
Zaha can become any £5.5m or £6m mid. Even the likes of Dele Alli at £5.5m who will prob play as a striker.
No Saka but hopefully Martinelli can cover that.

Saying that even looking at that team nor sure I like it.
But Liverpool attack is covered, Spurs attack, Arsenal, Chelsea with Mount there. No City. i dont know.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
One last time asking this question:

Robertson or Diaz?

Haaland or Kane?

Last edited:

Fabian Keller

I have Bailey. After thinking he's a shite pick all pre season. Villa fans seem to be very high on him. Will start. Hot form. Easy fixtures. Meh, why not. Only 5.0.