Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ward Iversen
TAA Cancelo Gabriel Dalot Williams
Salah Son Neto Bailey Andreas
Jesus Haaland Greenwood

Thoughts?
Swap greenwood to archer, he's more likely to play a few minutes here and there.

Otherwise, it's decent and you've covered most of the danger men.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So now with the news of Perisic, I have two new drafts... Any help will be appreciated:

V1:

Ward
TAA, Cancelo, James, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Sancho
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Iverssen, Williams, Andreas, Archer

V2:

Pope
Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Rashford
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Williams, Andreas, Archer

V3:

Ward
Salah, Martinelli, Bailey, Mount
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Iverssen, Williams, Andreas, Archer

V4:

Ederson
TAA, Cancelo, James, Trippier
Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Diaz
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Williams, Andreas, Archer

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Should I do James/Diaz or try to get in Robertson and downgrade Diaz to some 7M or less MF? I already have Martinelli.

HairyBack23

Mate, I couldn't give a feck where I finish in the overall standings, I only have to beat a few of my mates. And that's not going to happen if we all pick the same players.

I'm going to focus more on maximising returns from good fixtures. I may stick with trent and drop Robertson, it really depends on who I want to upgrade to in midfield and how much they cost.
If you're miles down the overall standings you won't be beating your mates though. And the reason everyone is picking the same players for the most part is because they're good picks. Don't ask for opinions on your team if you're going to have a meltdown when people tell you how bad it is.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Age old question: should I replace Diaz with Robertson and switch to 5 at the back? That’s the only change I’m looking to make.

svgpic

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Guys...

Digne or Cash - both £5m.
Digne is a known FPL troll but looking at the numbers, he is better option. Cash has more goal threat by a little bit but Digne assist threat is far higher.

Age old question: should I replace Diaz with Robertson and switch to 5 at the back? That’s the only change I’m looking to make.

svgpic
I'm trying to do the same but 4 at the back.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ederson, Trippier & Diaz vs. Pope, Robertson & Rashford

I think this is my final decision to make... I keep saying this but this time I mean it!

Rest of team below:

GK
TAA, Cancelo, James, DEF
Salah, Martinelli, Neto, MF
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Archer

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

I think this is my final decision to make... I keep saying this but this time I mean it!

Rest of team below:

GK
TAA, Cancelo, James, DEF
Haaland, Jesus

Option 1.

Kryptonite

Rest of team below:

GK
TAA, Cancelo, James, DEF
Haaland, Jesus

Same team as mine and I went for Ramsdale, Robertson & Rashford. Robertson and Diaz could end the season with similiar points, but Rashford has a higher points ceiling vs Trippier.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Option 1.
That's where I'm leaning too due to it being more flexible.
Same team as mine and I went for Ramsdale, Robertson & Rashford. Robertson and Diaz could end the season with similiar points, but Rashford has a higher points ceiling vs Trippier.
This is true but also you can say Ederson will outscore Pope and Rashy minutes not secure compared to Trips and also that option is less flexible.

I think my mind is made up now.

Good luck all.

IrishRedDevil

I was sitting on this 1st attempt.

-------------------Raya
TAA - James - Trippier - Perisic
-------Diaz - Foden - Sancho
------Kane - Jesus - Haaland

Getting itchy feet about no Salah.

5-2-3 monstrosity

—————————-Ward
TAA - James - Trippier - White - N Williams
———————Salah - Sancho
—_—------Kane - Jesus - Haaland

Well?

Kryptonite

That's where I'm leaning too due to it being more flexible.

This is true but also you can say Ederson will outscore Pope and Rashy minutes not secure compared to Trips and also that option is less flexible.

I think my mind is made up now.

Good luck all.
Valid points, flexibility is definitely a big plus point with option 1. Got me second guessing myself now, why did I open this thread :wenger:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I was sitting on this 1st attempt.

-------------------Raya
TAA - James - Trippier - Perisic
-------Diaz - Foden - Sancho
------Kane - Jesus - Haaland

Getting itchy feet about no Salah.

5-2-3 monstrosity

—————————-Ward
TAA - James - Trippier - White - N Williams
———————Salah - Sancho
—_—------Kane - Jesus - Haaland

Well?
I would say white and Williams will both return you some delicious 2 pointers from the first two fixtures. You have to ask yourself if it’s worth it, especially when an early wildcard is an option.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Valid points, flexibility is definitely a big plus point with option 1. Got me second guessing myself now, why did I open this thread :wenger:
I went the other way in the end because I forgot Laporte injured so City defense not as air tight as we may think, Diaz not guaranteed 90 minutes and this way, Rashy gives me cover from another team. Sure it's but as flexible but I can always take a hit or WC of things look too bad :lol:

JakeTheRed

Sanchez - Ward
Robertson - Cancelo - James - Dalot - Williams
Salah - Diaz - Saka - Neto - Pereira
Haaland - Jesus - Archer

thoughts?

Maluco

For those decided on Ederson, will there never be a time when you want 3 City players on the pitch with their run?

Even the likes of Alvarez could be superb pickups early on

zaafi

Mendy - Ward
Alexander Arnold - James - Trippier - Cancelo - Dalot
Mount - Martinelli - Salah - Bailey - Pereira
Jesus - Haaland - Archer

Thinking of replacing Trippier and Mount with Robertson and Rashford. Also very keen on Saka so might replace Mount with him and keep Trippier. Thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
For those decided on Ederson, will there never be a time when you want 3 City players on the pitch with their run?

Even the likes of Alvarez could be superb pickups early on
One of the reasons I dropped him. Foden, Grealish or maaaaybe Mahr-- nah not him :lol: but the other two I think are being overlooked.

HairyBack23

All the folks arguing for the threemium the past month - are you going bottle it now or stick to your guns?

Varun

Staff
It's not about what they have done. It's about what they will do.

I am hoping it will be fook all.
FPL is about what you expect to happen. Real life footy is about what you hope happens. So Mo Salah in FPL and Bruno come the weekend

LungiDevil

Have more and more faith in the 5-3-2 with guaranteed starters / mins on the pitch

Ward

TAA - Robertson - Cancelo - James - Gabriel

Salah - Sancho - Martinelli

Kane - Jesus

Sub: Iversen, Andreas, Longstaff, Archer

Barring any injuries, l will try and have the same team for two GWs and adjust in GW3.

Slow and steady start is okay.

tovi

I find myself with 3 Arsenal players. White,Odegaard and Jesus.
Feel like one needs to go for risk management. White ?
that would leave me with a 5.5 m for a defender.
Cucurella ,Cash or even Cresswell ?

Maluco

One of the reasons I dropped him. Foden, Grealish or maaaaybe Mahr-- nah not him :lol: but the other two I think are being overlooked.
It just seems very inflexible when you know what City can do to some of these smaller teams. Alvarez is one I would love to fit in, but I just don’t think I can. But I definitely want the option.

All the folks arguing for the threemium the past month - are you going bottle it now or stick to your guns?
Mine is locked in. Not making any promises I will stay in it, but it’s definitely happening for first two game weeks.

paulscholes18

I like the first one more. Kane vs Haaland is tricky, but I think due to Bournemouth gameweek 2 I want Haaland then.

Diaz maybe not better than Mahrez, but certainly more nailed.

James bloody good in attack as well, but so is Robertson. I struggle to justify not having both unless you got Diaz.

I do not rate Leicester def much at all and the main reason I would want them is having Schmeichel who is a class keeper.
Ramsdale though I think is arguably the best keeper to have for the first 8 gameweeks if you rate Arsenal as a team now.
I might go Diaz to Bailey then go Williams to Robertson, but that would give me a benching headache, Bailey, Neto, Martinelli or Perisic

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have more and more faith in the 5-3-2 with guaranteed starters / mins on the pitch

Ward

TAA - Robertson - Cancelo - James - Gabriel

Salah - Sancho - Martinelli

Kane - Jesus

Sub: Iversen, Andreas, Longstaff, Archer

Barring any injuries, l will try and have the same team for two GWs and adjust in GW3.

Slow and steady start is okay.
I like this one, but would prefer Trippier over Gabriel.
Would probably have either Rashy or Grealish over Sancho too, and try and get a bit more meat into the mid guys, maybe get Neto or Bailey in there as a first sub.
Otherwise you've almost got nothing on the bench at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Driving to Wales for a mad running race tomorrow evening, so no last min shenanigans for me.

Have 2 ideas at the moment.

Ward Iversen (gambling they don't sign another keeper)
TAA James Cancelo Tripper Williams
Salah Diaz Grealish Martinelli Andreas
Kane/Haaland, Jesus Greenwood

Option B is
Robertson instead of Williams for a power 5 at the back
Bailey instead of Diaz (this would give a difficult benching decision week 1 as would have to play 5 at the back, front 2 obvious, so 1 decent mid left benched.

Haaland has an insane run of fixtures from week 2. Kane has a superb fixture week 1. I'm certain loads who have Kane (27% to start the season) will move to Haaland unless the first week score is hugely in Kane's favour, so would have to do the transfer early knockings.#

@Dirty Schwein @Moby and the usual crew, what we thinking of these 2 options.
Rashy could be an option instead of Grealish, but with City's fixtures I'd be nervous. Think United are a sit and watch job.
Dias is a good place holder for an 8m as well as being a big threat himself, but we think Robertson will outscore him for 1m less...

Paul_Scholes18

I might go Diaz to Bailey then go Williams to Robertson, but that would give me a benching headache, Bailey, Neto, Martinelli or Perisic
Perisic is driving me insane. Wish there was more an idea if he is starting or not. If I go trippier or Digne then gameweek 3 I want to move them on for Perisic or Spurs def anyway.

Also if I do that then do I bench or play Bailey gameweek 1 or 2?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perisic is driving me insane. Wish there was more an idea if he is starting or not. If I go trippier or Digne then gameweek 3 I want to move them on for Perisic or Spurs def anyway.

Also if I do that then do I bench or play Bailey gameweek 1 or 2?
I really want Trippier in there.
Newcastle were already on the up last half of last season, and he scored/assisted in about 3 of the 5 or 6 games he actually played, and takes all the set pieces.

Maluco

Driving to Wales for a mad running race tomorrow evening, so no last min shenanigans for me.

Have 2 ideas at the moment.

Ward Iversen (gambling they don't sign another keeper)
TAA James Cancelo Tripper Williams
Salah Diaz Grealish Martinelli Andreas
Kane/Haaland, Jesus Greenwood

Option B is
Robertson instead of Williams for a power 5 at the back
Bailey instead of Diaz (this would give a difficult benching decision week 1 as would have to play 5 at the back, front 2 obvious, so 1 decent mid left benched.

Haaland has an insane run of fixtures from week 2. Kane has a superb fixture week 1. I'm certain loads who have Kane (27% to start the season) will move to Haaland unless the first week score is hugely in Kane's favour, so would have to do the transfer early knockings.#

@Dirty Schwein @Moby and the usual crew, what we thinking of these 2 options.
Rashy could be an option instead of Grealish, but with City's fixtures I'd be nervous. Think United are a sit and watch job.
Dias is a good place holder for an 8m as well as being a big threat himself, but we think Robertson will outscore him for 1m less...
Look at you putting your physical health and well-being ahead of the FPL deadline!