Fantasy Premier League 22/23

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Pulled a wildcard too. It was time.
It feels like a weird team, first time with no Liverpool players in about 8 years.

Team currently looking like:
£1.6m in the bank.

------------------------------Pope-----------------------------
Cancelo----------Trippier----------Patterson------
Martinelli------KDB------Maddison-------Bowen
----Mitrovic------Toney---------Mitrovic-------------

Subs: (GK) Ward, Andreas, Emerson, Fofana

Its a team with upcoming fixtures in mind.
West Ham, Leicester, Fulham, Newcastle have favourable fixtures coming up.

On paper it still feels a bit too punty with Bowen and Maddison there.
Though im going to get Zaha back in for his run from GW10 so Maddison/Bowen can be 2 week punts.

KDB can be Son,
Maddison can be Foden,
Toney could be Kane if KDB>Foden.
Could also get Perisic.

Want to see how Spurs and Son get on tonight too.

troylocker

Holding on to my wildcard one more round. Letting Steele (GK) and Gross (M) go for Pope and Gordon this round with freetransfers, my team going into this week:

Pope (Sanchez)
N Williams - Patterson - Cancelo (TAA, Dalot)
Foden - DaSilva - Martinelli - Gordon (Salah)
Mitro - Haaland (C) - Jesus (V)

Will most likely wildcard after this round.
Decent, but not great start to the season so far (385 points)

troylocker

Pulled a wildcard too. It was time.
It feels like a weird team, first time with no Liverpool players in about 8 years.

Team currently looking like:
£1.6m in the bank.

------------------------------Pope-----------------------------
Cancelo----------Trippier----------Patterson------
Martinelli------KDB------Maddison-------Bowen
----Mitrovic------Toney---------Mitrovic-------------

Subs: (GK) Ward, Andreas, Emerson, Fofana

Its a team with upcoming fixtures in mind.
West Ham, Leicester, Fulham, Newcastle have favourable fixtures coming up.

On paper it still feels a bit too punty with Bowen and Maddison there.
Though im going to get Zaha back in for his run from GW10 so Maddison/Bowen can be 2 week punts.

KDB can be Son,
Maddison can be Foden,
Toney could be Kane if KDB>Foden.
Could also get Perisic.

Want to see how Spurs and Son get on tonight too.
Looks good (I know one of your Mitro's are Haaland), but I'm ,as you say, really not sold on Maddison/Bowen or any other West Ham/Leicester players this season (Even with the run of games they have coming up)

Why do you need a -16?

Do you mean you've only got 4 players out (i.e. not playing) or that you need to take 4 players out to get 11 on the pitch?
Sorry, edited my comment. So I have 4 players not playing - but Andreas and Nico as good subs with 2 free transfers as well. So it’s a -4 or a free hit.

Withnail

Only needed to do one transfer to field an XI so went Rashford to KDB.

My team currently is:

Henderson

Trippier Saliba Cancelo

Bailey Andreas KDB Martinelli

Toney Haaland (c) Jesus

Bench: TAA James Gross

0.7 in the bank.

I could free hit to bring in Mitrovic for Jesus and someone like Gordon for Bailey. Mitrovic against Forest is tempting.

Moby

Dick
Not liking the midfield. Is that picked for short term or next few GWs?
Zaha after this GW has good games till the world cup so can stay in there. KDB can be switched to Salah if that is needed. This will be a 4-3-3 so Fofana becomes a starter most weeks which is there as well. Not many options really in midfield right now. I haven't seen anything from Leicester or West Ham to suddenly trust their players so feel like rather get Kane instead someone like Isak who has 4 very good games coming up.

JP77

Unless you have no choice I wouldn't be using a free hit this week, much better to save it for the big double game weeks that will eventually come.

I've got 2 free transfers but my main issue this week that I can't get anybody from City in as I've already got Haaland, Cancelo and Ederson. Got to get Salah and Robertson out this week. Robertson is easy to replace, I'm thinking Trippier in for him. Main issue is replacing Salah with somebody for this week, don't fancy many of the matchups really apart from Spurs and the issue there is who Conte will start as he will surely rest one of Son, Kulu or Richarlison. So Son or Kulusevski? I think there's more chance of Son playing this weekend and hoping that he finally starts to bang.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Last season when I used my free hit before christmas, I got a second free hit shortly afterwards. Was that a one-off due to all the covid postponements or do we get 2 free hits again this season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, I have these 7 players this week as it stands, assuming Archer at 4.5m for Villa does nothing.

Cancelo Trippier Saliba
Martinelli Pereira
Haaland (c) Jesus

I have 2 freebies, so a -4 for 3 transfers wouldn't seem madness.

Which 3 players are key?

Salah to De Bruyne looks a given.
What else?
Archer to Mito
James to under 5.6m defender.

ROFLUTION

Current wild card team

3-5-2 in GW8, then maybe save up a transfer to go from Martinelli to someone. Not trusting Toney or Kane the next 6 fixtures. Ideally Barnes would be saving some money instead of Maddison, but not sure he starts every game.

Not sure what to do with the goalkeeper long term neither, but with Pope at least I can downgrade.

paulscholes18

Current wild card team

3-5-2 in GW8, then maybe save up a transfer to go from Martinelli to someone. Not trusting Toney or Kane the next 6 fixtures. Ideally Barnes would be saving some money instead of Maddison, but not sure he starts every game.

Not sure what to do with the goalkeeper long term neither, but with Pope at least I can downgrade.
Seems strange from going from thinking which 3 Liverpool at the start of the season to 0 liverpool. I don't have any in my current WC team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ok, I have these 7 players this week as it stands, assuming Archer at 4.5m for Villa does nothing.

Cancelo Trippier Saliba
Martinelli Pereira
Haaland (c) Jesus

Which 3 players are key?

What else?
Archer to Mito
Pretty much the plan and use WC next weekend.

Edit - Salah to Kane is also an option

ROFLUTION

Seems strange from going from thinking which 3 Liverpool at the start of the season to 0 liverpool. I don't have any in my current WC team.
It really does, but then again there's always time during the World Cup to sub em all in again if they start performing. Or just slowly subbing them in.

GW12-16 does seem good for Trent though - so Chilwell to Trent seems good at that time

Edit: If I'd want to get Trent then then the above-mentioned team could go Bowen+Chilwell+Pope out for Raya+Trent+Zaha and ride the fixtures. Maybe Maddison to Diaz too.

The good part is that Maddison, Bowen and Chilwell are under 3% owned. Room for price-rises if they perform somehow according to their fixtures

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

I have already used my FT. Should I take a hit to do Salah to KDB. Intend to use the WC next week anyways.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Probably gonna use my free hit this week but will wait for the CL/Europa games to see if anyone gets injured.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Cancelo Trippier Saliba
Martinelli Pereira
Haaland (c) Jesus

Which 3 players are key?

What else?
Archer to Mito
Yeah I think all of those sound good. Might even want to double on Newcastle defence or wait and see if you can guess which Spurs wingback to pick after the midweek game.

Edit: I'd try and keep James though if you can. See if Potter restores him to wingback which I suspect he will.

Moby

Dick
Yeah I think all of those sound good. Might even want to double on Newcastle defence or wait and see if you can guess which Spurs wingback to pick after the midweek game.

Edit: I'd try and keep James though if you can. See if Potter restores him to wingback which I suspect he will.
Give me a juicy WC draft man. Feels like there will be a few swings in the coming weeks and trying to find a few of them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I might be the only one free hitting. Unfortunately with 1 Man Utd, 1 Leeds, 2 Brighton, 2 Liverpool and 1 Chelsea players I had only 8 players including two goalkeepers, a pretty lousy team available to me which made no sense to not FH.

Planning to go:

Pope
Trippier Cancelo Perisic
Son Gordon Martinelli Almiron
Kane Haaland Jesus

Bench whatever. Still £1.7m in the bank so could upgrade.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pretty much the plan and use WC next weekend.

Edit - Salah to Kane is also an option
Yes the Tottenham Son-Kane angle is dangerous.
Not sure Son has got going yet though, and Kane warps the lay out of the team as you're not going to want to ditch Haaland or Jesus who are season keepers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Toney v Isak and Maddison v Zaha seem to be the big question marks on WC and it's no different for me either.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Hmmm. Might be worth keeping Mo though because I'm sure he'll be wanted back at some point anyway.

Could just get Gordon and Bailey in for Harrison and DaSilva to get 11 out. Low risk and easy to bench regardless.

Spurs and Son in particular look like an avoid.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really not feeling the wc this week means bringing in players like Bowen, Son, Leicester players etc.. Feels like a classic fpl trap.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Really not feeling the wc this week means bringing in players like Bowen, Son, Leicester players etc.. Feels like a classic fpl trap.
Yeah I've seen a lot of wildcard drafts that seem to be heavily favouring fixtures over form and pedigree. Could well come back to bite a few in the coming weeks.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
True but no point saving the WC after this Gw either.
I've got 8 playing players but two are shite and unlikely to play.

Would need a chunky hit to get a decent team out and not play WC.

a - big hit, save WC
b - FT and a -4, play 8, gamble how much may lose out on
c - WC (and hope Intls don't ruin it)

If had one or two less players, it'd be WC. If had one or two more, it'd be FT/hit.

Think I'm leaning to a WC and balance team for this GW v planning forward.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Brought Gordon in for Harrison last night after it looked like he might rise.

Will wait till nearer the deadline before deciding if I need a -4. I've got 11 but I don't think DaSilva will score more than 1 point. Seems a bit mad to be considering bringing Bailey back in but I like Villa's next few fixtures and Gerrard seems to love him.