Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Moby

Dick
I think if you're on a wildcard now you've got to go all in and no Salah until the world cup personally. It might backfire, it might not.

Like you said above that Schwein should get a Spurs attacker, Kane is head and shoulders above the other picks which would mean dropping Salah to a cheaper mid and swapping out Toney or Mitro. You could put Son in as a placeholder but he's shown nothing this season and the fans are calling for him to be dropped which is not as crazy as it seems with Richarlison and Kulu both in better form currently.
Yep that's where I am with my WC this GW. I'm not going with Salah in now but due to the City blank in GW12 and Salah having great fixtures from GW12 as well, that's a straight move which I'll plan for. Of course depends on what Liverpool is doing but need to have the KDB to Salah money (which isn't much).

Kane vs Son, hmmm. As you say it's taking out a good mid priced striker plus an extra move to get Salah later. It's essentially Kane + ASM (which is moved to Zaha in GW10) vs Son + Toney/Isak. What do we do?

(Spurs fans have been enraged with Conte lately but that doesn't matter, as Conte doesn't give a shit. They though Kulu won't be dropped but he was, or Emerson will be dropped and he wasn't. I think Son is a good enough player to score vs a team like Leicester who are probably amongst the worst defense in the league and still keep playing a high line etc. But I'm also very interested in Richarlison, if he looks like starting I can just get him now.)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yep that's where I am with my WC this GW. I'm not going with Salah in now but due to the City blank in GW12 and Salah having great fixtures from GW12 as well, that's a straight move which I'll plan for. Of course depends on what Liverpool is doing but need to have the KDB to Salah money (which isn't much).

Kane vs Son, hmmm. As you say it's taking out a good mid priced striker plus an extra move to get Salah later. It's essentially Kane + ASM (which is moved to Zaha in GW10) vs Son + Toney/Isak. What do we do?

(Spurs fans have been enraged with Conte lately but that doesn't matter, as Conte doesn't give a shit. They though Kulu won't be dropped but he was, or Emerson will be dropped and he wasn't. I think Son is a good enough player to score vs a team like Leicester who are probably amongst the worst defense in the league and still keep playing a high line etc. But I'm also very interested in Richarlison, if he looks like starting I can just get him now.)
I don't have these worries thankfully because I've already used my wildcard. :lol:

Means for me, sticking with Trent and probably Salah for the foreseeable.

Moby

Dick
I don't have these worries thankfully because I've already used my wildcard. :lol:

Means for me, sticking with Trent and probably Salah for the foreseeable.
Salah is fine, Trent doesn't look like he's worth the money as they can't keep any team out. He himself is playing like a liability in defense, Robertson is injured, Van Dijk using his aura to defend and what not. Tricky fixtures as well.

Pickle85

I know people don't like "booking transfers in" but I have no problem with it (I call it planning). I'd just punt on Isak this week and bring in Toney next week.
Yep, I'm thinking I'll go with Isak this week and then WC. I'll be able to put ten out for a -4.

Looked at a WC draft:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
Madisson, Martinelli, Zaha, Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Toney

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Patterson

*Salah will be someone else until I want him back
Really like the look of this team on current form, though ff sides always look odd to me without a city midfielder after so many years of kdb/raz being ff stars. This season is a weird one for some premiums not providing value.

Moby

Dick
Yep, I'm thinking I'll go with Isak this week and then WC. I'll be able to put ten out for a -4.

Really like the look of this team on current form, though ff sides always look odd to me without a city midfielder after so many years of kdb/raz being ff stars. This season is a weird one for some premiums not providing value.
He'll have KDB for Salah on the WC.

redcucumber

Need some advice ladies and gents. Off to a shocker this year after topping my mini league the past couple of years. Wildcarding and deciding between;

KdB + Mitrovic or Foden + Kane

What say ye? If I go for the former, I have no Spurs coverage against a leaky piss poor Leicester.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I get the attraction to Isak but he wasn't prolific in La Liga. I went for Toney over him last round purely because of prem experience and it worked out. I would probably do the same again this GW given the choice, but I've wild carded and im not opting for either of them this time.

Moby

Dick
I get the attraction to Isak but he wasn't prolific in La Liga. I went for Toney over him last round purely because of prem experience and it worked out. I would probably do the same again this GW given the choice, but I've wild carded and im not opting for either of them this time.
Yeah, his finishing is an issue which is already apparent if you watch that Palace game. Great dribbler who gets a lot of chances but misses them as well. Toney is such a nice comfort blanket to have along with these other headaches.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah, that's a decent one for the next few fixtures but doesn't have any Spurs attacker who have a prime attacking fixture this GW. I can't convince myself to not attack that game on the WC.
If I went for this, I would have Son ahead of Salah and then switch back to Salah after the Leicester game when Salah plays a Potter-less Brighton.

But the other half of me thinks I should go in with the below team and play the WC in GW9 due to international break.

Ramsdale
Cancelo, Stones, Williams, Trippier
Son, Andreas, Martinelli
Mitrovic, Haaland, Jesus

No bench.

I'm lucky enough to be able to field a decent team with the way things have fallen so maybe I should save my WC?

redcucumber

Cheers. Rejigged it a bit to the following;

Pope (Ward)
Trippier - Cancelo - Patterson (Cucurella, Emerson)
KdB - Saka - Martinelli - Bailey (Andreas)
Kane - Haaland - Mitrovic

KdB, Kane and Haaland all in. Saka a one week punt. Cucurella obviously comes back in for Patterson when Chelsea's fixtures resume.

Moby

Dick
If I went for this, I would have Son ahead of Salah and then switch back to Salah after the Leicester game when Salah plays a Potter-less Brighton.
Interesting. On paper Kane seems like a no-brainer over Son if you just compare the two in terms of form, minutes, etc but Kane wrecks the structure of the team a bit and also you lose one of the good options up front. But I do think a one week punt on someone like Son shouldn't be too bad, when I have so many options to move to from there. Only thing is people don't think he will start, but I still find it hard to digest that Conte will drop him for a home game before an international break when he hasn't dropped him once so far despite having better opportunities.

But the other half of me thinks I should go in with the below team and play the WC in GW9 due to international break.

Ramsdale
Cancelo, Stones, Williams, Trippier
Son, Andreas, Martinelli
Mitrovic, Haaland, Jesus

No bench.

I'm lucky enough to be able to field a decent team with the way things have fallen so maybe I should save my WC?
It's a decent call and I was in the same boat, I didn't have Brighton etc players and could have easily fielded 11 without a hit but went for the WC because I don't really see any reason to delay it for one week as things have already moved enough. Sure you cover for injuries, but that's being a bit too safe. Other than that, no real reason to wait and I wanted to attack this Spurs game, which has become the biggest mindfeck. :lol:

Your team looks fine and covers quite a few bases for this GW.

kps88

If you offered me the chance to take back my wildcard, I'd probably do it. I rushed into it because I didn't want to miss out on the price rises but WC'ing in a gameweek where Liverpool, Palace and Chelsea all blank isn't optimal at all. You're either booking in transfers or leaving a lot of money on the bench this GW.

Moby

Dick
If you offered me the chance to take back my wildcard, I'd probably do it. I rushed into it because I didn't want to miss out on the price rises but WC'ing in a gameweek where Liverpool, Palace and Chelsea all blank isn't optimal at all. You're either booking in transfers or leaving a lot of money on the bench this GW.
Palace only have Zaha who you can carry on your WC, and you probably won't get Liverpool or Chelsea players next week either as they're just not worth it at this point, and we won't get any more information on them either. So doesn't make much of a difference.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Interesting. On paper Kane seems like a no-brainer over Son if you just compare the two in terms of form, minutes, etc but Kane wrecks the structure of the team a bit and also you lose one of the good options up front. But I do think a one week punt on someone like Son shouldn't be too bad, when I have so many options to move to from there. Only thing is people don't think he will start, but I still find it hard to digest that Conte will drop him for a home game before an international break when he hasn't dropped him once so far despite having better opportunities.

It's a decent call and I was in the same boat, I didn't have Brighton etc players and could have easily fielded 11 without a hit but went for the WC because I don't really see any reason to delay it for one week as things have already moved enough. Sure you cover for injuries, but that's being a bit too safe. Other than that, no real reason to wait and I wanted to attack this Spurs game, which has become the biggest mindfeck. :lol:

Your team looks fine and covers quite a few bases for this GW.
Thanks bud. I might just hold it one more week.

podurban2

You just sneaked Palace in there huh?

Skills

Snitch
------Pope
Dias --- Cancelo --- Gabriel -- Trippier
DewsburyHall---Perreira--Matinelli
-----Kane---Jesus---Haaland

Kane captain. Any thoughts? The plan is to wild card over the international break anyway.

Aint gota Kalou

I have 9 playing. I could take a hit and remove one of TAA/Salah/4.5m for a hit. Not sure it's worth it unless I punt on Son but I'd prefer Salah medium term.

paulscholes18

------Pope
Dias --- Cancelo --- Gabriel -- Trippier
DewsburyHall---Perreira--Matinelli
-----Kane---Jesus---Haaland

Kane captain. Any thoughts? The plan is to wild card over the international break anyway.
Good, Kane Captian is a good differential big green arrow if he outscores Haaland.

JP77

At my final decision. Salah out for who this week? I've got to replace him otherwise I'll be playing with 10 players this week. Already have 3 City so can't get KDB. Looked at Son but I'm not convinced by their upcoming fixtures plus the worry of him being rotated. The issue is there really isn't hardly any other midfielders to put in this week? Do I keep Salah in and instead replace Greenwood up front and go 4-3-3? I have 3.4 in the bank and Greenwood is worth 4.4 so I could get a striker in instead but then that leaves my midfield looking dire for this week with Martinelli, Neto and Andreas with Gross and Salah having no game.

Leonzo1

Christ. Accidentally used my FT to bring in Zaha for Salah, completely forgot he also blanks this GW. I can field an eleven with Dasilva in it Vs Arsenal, should I take a -4 (a very unnecessary one) to take him out? Not sure who to bring in at all. The only one I currently want is Sancho/Antony and they also blank. Tried to be a bit different and go without KDB and now I'm thinking this move can kill me with Zaha not even playing.

Fabian Keller

Yeah I'm taking the one week punt on Son and then switching to Salah for Potter-less Brighton. I'm gonna go back to Salah anyway for Pools sweet post City fixtures.

Thing with Kane is all the other options in attack. I'm on Haaland Mitro Toney. Toney over Jesus right now. No Jesus feels weird and I hope Martinelli can cover (he has done so far), but honestly Toney is in the form of his life and regardless of fixtures, I think you just have to ride the wave with someone like that.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Frustrating as hell.

Haaland is in ridiculous form so it feels weird to not just set and forget. Could be a great differential though..
Ive captained him and make kane vc so if pep rests him im still sorted unless kane does feck all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol:

That's an awful wildcard. Botman? Digne??? Coufal? Paqueta?
And longer term has no TAA or Cancelo.

You have to be careful not to treat this week as the be all and end all to get 11 out, over longer term success I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That said, I have 7 players in CAPS this week. 2 free transfers, is the best bet just doing a -4 for 3 transfers to get 10, going without a keeper (unless 3.9 Leicester guy weasels in)

sanchez 3.9
TRIPPIER SALIBA CANCELO taa james
MARTINELLI ANDREAS salah groB rashy
HAALAND (C) JESUS archer

Salah to KDB (Could do Son as he'll surely start having been benched midweek to cover Tottenham)
Archer to Mitro
James to Tottenham probably 5.1m guy

Alternatives? Looks a good way to scrape through this week, when I'm covering a lot of the bigger ceiling players, keeps Cancelo TAA GroB and Rashy for future use, yet sorts my dodgy cheapo striker.
No wildcard or FH wasted early.

@Dirty Schwein @Cutch @CassiusClaymore @Moby what we thinking?

Last edited:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Pope captain, someone talk me out of it....
His three clean sheets have yielded 6, 10 and 12 points respectively. But the 6 point one included 0 saves and 0 bonus points. The 10 and 12 both included 3 bonus points, and 5 and 9 saves respectively.

If Bournemouth don't trouble him much, the best you can hope for might be 6 points. But it might be a pretty bankable six points.

Verdict: Dunno bruv. Do what makes you happy!