Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Meanwhile I'm going to back Kane as captain vs Leicester instead of Haaland vs Wolves' so far miserly defence (4 goals conceded, best in the league).

I think it's a good idea. But if the cyborg scores a double and Kane has a shit game, I'll already be at least10 points behind 80% of all FPL playres.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
His three clean sheets have yielded 6, 10 and 12 points respectively. But the 6 point one included 0 saves and 0 bonus points. The 10 and 12 both included 3 bonus points, and 5 and 9 saves respectively.

If Bournemouth don't trouble him much, the best you can hope for might be 6 points. But it might be a pretty bankable six points.

Verdict: Dunno bruv. Do what makes you happy!
Spot on. I'd never captain a goalkeeper for this reason. They often haul in the games you don't expect them to.

Skills

Snitch
Meanwhile I'm going to back Kane as captain vs Leicester instead of Haaland vs Wolves' so far miserly defence (4 goals conceded, best in the league).

I think it's a good idea. But if the cyborg scores a double and Kane has a shit game, I'll already be at least10 points behind 80% of all FPL playres.
I'm so close to doing the same thing. The thing that's putting me off was that Wolves actually had a really tight defence last season as well - and then City just obliterated them for 5 :lol:

DannyDash

His three clean sheets have yielded 6, 10 and 12 points respectively. But the 6 point one included 0 saves and 0 bonus points. The 10 and 12 both included 3 bonus points, and 5 and 9 saves respectively.

If Bournemouth don't trouble him much, the best you can hope for might be 6 points. But it might be a pretty bankable six points.

Verdict: Dunno bruv. Do what makes you happy!
You make very good points!
I don't see Bournemouth troubling him too much so bonus might be out of the picture but a solid 12 pointer sounds okay.

Think Wolves will make it difficult for City who will be leggy from the Dortumund game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any benefits of saving a free hit this weekend? How many free hits do you get a season again?
One.

If you can get 10 or so out this week covering a lot of the big hitters, it's surely best to save it for a week that might be a double or something.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought I could Free Hit & Bench Boost same week. Grave error.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This a decent WC team?

Pope (Ward)
Tripper - Cancelo - Neco - Perisic (-James)
Martinelli - KdB - Bailey (Zaha, Andreas)
Mitro - Toney - Haaland

3m itb
Very similar to mine so yes, it must be :)

Useful to keep some itb (Salah switch) but maybe look at whether you can use another Million or so and improve a player or two. Maybe Bailey?

paulscholes18

My WC think it's pretty much locked in
Pope
Trippier Cancelo Emerson
Martinelli KDB Madison Bowen
Mitrovic Isak Haaland
Ward James Guehi Andreas

Moby

Dick
Feel like I'm settling on this.

Pope, Ward
Cancelo, Trips, Perisic, Coufal, Neco
Saka, Martinelli, Son, Bailey, Andreas
Kane, Haaland, Mitrovic

Fabian Keller

The main thing that's putting me off Haaland cap is the early kick-off. Not Wolves' 'tight' defence

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Freehits are to be saved for when you have an 11 who have hard away fixtures whilst half of the teams have a decent double gameweek, so you can completely reset your team for one week with 11 players getting double points in one GW. You don't use it when you only have 9 players and everyone else has 11. You're better off using a -4 in some cases.

If you have 6-7 players playing with tough fixtures then wild card is absolutely the way to go. When the World Cup starts we get unlimited transfers, it's like 5 game weeks away, so a WC now is just to cover the next 5 weeks or so. Plus remember the fact we get another wild card token in January to cover the January transfer window. You can't save more than one WC either.
Surely a free hit is a better option than a wildcard no?
Any benefits of saving a free hit this weekend? How many free hits do you get a season again?

Fabian Keller

If you offered me the chance to take back my wildcard, I'd probably do it. I rushed into it because I didn't want to miss out on the price rises but WC'ing in a gameweek where Liverpool, Palace and Chelsea all blank isn't optimal at all. You're either booking in transfers or leaving a lot of money on the bench this GW.
I had 4 players left. It had to be done. No way I can just field 4 players. Only transfer booked in is Son-Salah next week. Otherwise business as usual. Zaha can wait until after Chelsea/Newcastle.

JuriM

Went with Free Hit instead of Wild Card, as I had a perfect squad for a normal set of fixtures already. So let's see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It doesn't get any easier does it.
Think i'm taking a hit to try and field 10 this week, as it looks mad to do a wildcard and then have a 2 week int break, and then possibly 2 games off straight away after!

Teja

This a decent WC team?

Pope (Ward)
Tripper - Cancelo - Neco - Perisic (-James)
Martinelli - KdB - Bailey (Zaha, Andreas)
Mitro - Toney - Haaland

3m itb
Pretty similar to mine. Probably a wise choice to keep some money ITB but I have Luis Diaz instead of Bailey and 0.3m in the bank. Have Saliba instead of Perisic but don't have the money to upgrade unfortunately.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok last shout, does the below look sound?

KDB, Mitro & Emerson Royal in for Salah/Archer/James for -4 to field 10 (and no keeper)

Don't want to be without James long term, but looks like he could be called off 1st game post ints.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Stupid question but how do you activate Free Hit? If I click on the button, the only thing it does is show me information about how it works.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Stupid question but how do you activate Free Hit? If I click on the button, the only thing it does is show me information about how it works.
You need to do a transfer then you activate free hit when it wants you to confirm transfer.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
With a free hit:

Lloris
Cancelo Trippier Perisic
Martinelli Odegaard KDB Gordon
Mitrovic Kane Haaland
No idea if FH was the right play here but couldn't be bothered starting the week with only 6 players and wanna save my WC for after the international break, didn't have a look at the fixture list yet.

Pickle85

Ok last shout, does the below look sound?

KDB, Mitro & Emerson Royal in for Salah/Archer/James for -4 to field 10 (and no keeper)

Don't want to be without James long term, but looks like he could be called off 1st game post ints.
Lots on The Fighting Cock reckon he should and could be dropped, if that means anything (i was having the same thought and ended up not doing it).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lots on The Fighting Cock reckon he should and could be dropped, if that means anything (i was having the same thought and ended up not doing it).
And @Moby

I can field a strong Cancelo-Saliba-Trippier back 3, and will hold TAA.

Might it be a better option to hold James as well and make the -4 a transfer involving GroB or Rashy out?

Would need to be a 5.9m for Rashy, or 5.3m for Grob as I need to lose 0.6m

Alternative is james to a 5.4m or lower defender
Or Son instead of KDB and james goes to Perisic.