Fantasy Premier League 22/23

BootsyCollins

So think i will go into the round with this team :
Kepa
Trippier-Botman-White-Dalot
Rashford(c)-Bruno-Martinelli-Ödegård
Haaland-Kane

Bench : Ward, Lewis, Mitro, Andreas

I like it, but dont like it at the same time. F.ex midfield is only two teams and Dalot is far from 100% to play. Also really consider to have Rashford as TC, if he dont play against Forrest i think i will do it.

Moby

Dick
Had no idea Cancelo is off. So Ake and Laporte are their LB options now? With both having to fill in at CB at times as well. Feel like might as well hold Ake now.

saivet

Had no idea Cancelo is off. So Ake and Laporte are their LB options now? With both having to fill in at CB at times as well. Feel like might as well hold Ake now.
They have a more traditional LB in their squad, can't remember his name but he doesn't play much.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What City defender is nailed to play ffs? I need one. Any one will do.
At this moment (on wildcard) i have Robertson as 3rd defender but i would rather prefer City's defender and then have Pope on goal (instead of Raya).

Is that kid Lewis nailed now? For 3,9 mil, City defender.....its a bargain

Moby

Dick
I think so, but like you say he doesn't seem to play much and as far as I'm aware isn't talked about getting meaningful game time either.
Yeah, I think given the fact Ake has been playing as LB for a few games now probably seems he should be ok, maybe apart from a specific situation where they need more ball playing ability like vs Wolves, but even then he brought on Ake at HT and he's been performing quite well. Also scored I think in the cup. Will probably hold for now and then see.

Moby

Dick
At this moment (on wildcard) i have Robertson as 3rd defender but i would rather prefer City's defender and then have Pope on goal (instead of Raya)
I have been regretting getting a city defender in GW20 instead of someone like Botman. Their defense is leaking goals, and they keep chopping and changing. Not worth the hassle especially when you have teams like Newcastle, Arsenal and United providing cheap assets with good CS odds. I'd rather have triple city attack or maybe just punt on Rico as at least that doesn't cost anything.

Withnail

At this moment (on wildcard) i have Robertson as 3rd defender but i would rather prefer City's defender and then have Pope on goal (instead of Raya).

I'm not sure why you want one. They're not exactly racking up clean sheets.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have been regretting getting a city defender in GW20 instead of someone like Botman. Their defense is leaking goals, and they keep chopping and changing. Not worth the hassle especially when you have teams like Newcastle, Arsenal and United providing cheap assets with good CS odds. I'd rather have triple city attack or maybe just punt on Rico as at least that doesn't cost anything.
Agree. I will use Lewis (instead Bueno) i think.
Still not sure about bloody Robertson.

ROFLUTION

He's not nailed - gets subbed all the time before catching the clean sheet. I got him and he's annoying and unpredictable to plan with.

An Arsenal player like Gabriel could be an option - I'd avoid Pope as they blank in GW24 or GW25 I think + shit in fixtures in two games (But they are great in defence, so it could work)

Edit: Oh, Cancelo is off to Bayern it seems. Maybe Lewis is a good option then. What on earth is Pep thinking letting Cancelo go? madness. Imagine we sold Evra back then.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's not nailed - gets subbed all the time before catching the clean sheet. I got him and he's annoying and unpredictable to plan with.

An Arsenal player like Gabriel could be an option - I'd avoid Pope as they blank in GW24 or GW25 I think + shit in fixtures in two games (But they are great in defence, so it could work)

Edit: Oh, Cancelo is off to Bayern it seems. Maybe Lewis is a good option then. What on earth is Pep thinking letting Cancelo go? madness. Imagine we sold Evra back then.
Blank? Because of league cup final? Then we are blanking too then

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Still think Akanji and Ake are the best options in City defence. The latter even more so with Cancelo going and carrying that extra attacking threat.

Moby

Dick
I thought we were talking about starts not whether they were actually any good. :lol:

Easy hold for you though now surely.
Yeah although I am not sure what I am gonna do with 2 FTs. KDB to Bruno probably but thinking of other things especially getting the right three from arsenal. Have this as of now.

Kepa, Ward
Trippier, Shaw, White, Ake, Patterson
KDB, Saka, Martinelli, Rashford, Andreas
Haaland, Kane, Mitovic.

Can even roll the second FT. Mitro to Nketiah could be great but need to sell White or Martinelli for that. So instead of doing KDB to Bruno then KDB back again I can get say Martinez or Varane for White and Nketiah for Mitro and just keep KDB.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah although I am not sure what I am gonna do with 2 FTs. KDB to Bruno probably but thinking of other things especially getting the right three from arsenal. Have this as of now.

Kepa, Ward
Trippier, Shaw, White, Ake, Patterson
KDB, Saka, Martinelli, Rashford, Andreas
Haaland, Kane, Mitovic.

Can even roll the second FT. Mitro to Nketiah could be great but need to sell White or Martinelli for that. So instead of doing KDB to Bruno then KDB back again I can get say Martinez or Varane for White and Nketiah for Mitro and just keep KDB.
I can't bring myself to shift Martinelli. Seems like a waste of a transfer and his xGI is second only to Nketiah amongst the Arsenal attack in the last few weeks. Odegaard for example seems to be well overperforming his underlyings. Will only move him if Trossard starts taking too many minutes off him.

In your position I would probably shift White to a United defender and Mitro to Nketiah. You're then set for both doubles and have the luxury of rolling again when most won't. The big miss for you is Bruno but then I assume you'll be captaining Rashford anyway.

Moby

Dick
I can't bring myself to shift Martinelli. Seems like a waste of a transfer and his xGI is second only to Nketiah amongst the Arsenal attack in the last few weeks. Odegaard for example seems to be well overperforming his underlyings. Will only move him if Trossard starts taking too many minutes off him.

In your position I would probably shift White to a United defender and Mitro to Nketiah. You're then set for both doubles and have the luxury of rolling again when most won't. The big miss for you is Bruno but then I assume you'll be captaining Rashford anyway.
Yeah those are the two ideas. Mitro seems like a problem, I think he got injured as well at the end of the previous game (havent really checked the cups) but even otherwise, Nketiah seems to be a better option for now and has a double.

As for the right arsenal trio that is a real headache. Having watched them closely as I've been on double attack since WC, Martinelli isn't looking that threatening and seems a bit wider, plus Trossard into the mix looks like a minutes threat. Odegaard is playing like prime KDB, and could be a season keeper and is still outrageous value given how involved he is. Just feel more comfortable having him instead and could be that luxury move I make in 23 having said that Martinelli will come back to bite us sellers. :lol:

ROFLUTION

Blank? Because of league cup final? Then we are blanking too then
yup - dont get too deep in United and Newcastle for that one

There Will be 3 x DGWs more and 1 big blank + 1 semi-blank later on so dont use your wildcard/Freehit neither you’ll be needing those later on

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah those are the two ideas. Mitro seems like a problem, I think he got injured as well at the end of the previous game (havent really checked the cups) but even otherwise, Nketiah seems to be a better option for now and has a double.

As for the right arsenal trio that is a real headache. Having watched them closely as I've been on double attack since WC, Martinelli isn't looking that threatening and seems a bit wider, plus Trossard into the mix looks like a minutes threat. Odegaard is playing like prime KDB, and could be a season keeper and is still outrageous value given how involved he is. Just feel more comfortable having him instead and could be that luxury move I make in 23 having said that Martinelli will come back to bite us sellers. :lol:
Mitro came on in the fa cup so I think he ok

RedDevil@84

Have Gabriel and Trippier and Shaw. I am a bit wary of taking another Arsenal, Newcastle defender. Any other replacement for Cancelo or is taking Botman or Saliba/White is better than taking someone else. Would prefer not taking a City defender, unless forced to.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Sod it I think this GW is there to be attacked so Bruno really should come in for Almiron. He can also become Mahrez in 23 for a triple City attack. To fund that I either need to do Toney > Gnonto or Kane > Nketiah. I think the latter makes more sense as it gives me triple Arsenal as well for the week after. I don't like losing Kane even for 2 games but Toney can be benched in 23 and become Kane again in 24.

Underlying stats say that (minutes aside) Nketiah and Martinelli are the best picks in the Arsenal attack currently.

Moby

Dick
Nketiah with almost double the xGI of the others.
That's the one I would like to have. Saka, Odegaard and Nketiah should be the three for now. But then you'd be in a fix if Jesus returns, but other than that as long as he's starting he looks like a steal. Scoring that brace vs United would be a huge boost and he seems to be pretty much getting loads of chances anyway.

Could just do KDB to Bruno for now and decide on the best three before the double Can't have them all and if you get the wrong one so be it. At least I have two attackers already.

Cornish

Bit the bullet and hit the wildcard button.

Out have gone: Salah, Almiron, Foden, Cancelo, N Williams
In: Fernandes, Mitoma, White, Bueno, De Bruyne

Was going to do it in stages taking the -4 but Foden’s predicted price fall made me panic as was tight with the budget so just went for it.
Sets me up nicely for the next couple of weeks with a team of:
Sanchez
White/Trippier/Shaw
Rashford/De Bruyne/Fernandes/Martinelli/Mitoma
Haaland/Kane

Behind in my mini league so some catching up to therefore taken a bit of a punt on keeping Martinelli and bringing in Mitoma plus a number of United, City and Arsenal doubles which should help in the next couple of weeks.

Do we think Rico Lewis is a decent punt as a sub instead of an injured Patterson? Looking further down the line with BGW’s I’m thinking I may need to call on my bench which currently looks like Ward/Bueno/Patterson/Greenwood so could do with improving that.
Nothing budget wise to work with. Backup plan if needed is to downgrade Kane in a few weeks and use the money there to improve the bench options

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That's the one I would like to have. Saka, Odegaard and Nketiah should be the three for now. But then you'd be in a fix if Jesus returns, but other than that as long as he's starting he looks like a steal. Scoring that brace vs United would be a huge boost and he seems to be pretty much getting loads of chances anyway.

Could just do KDB to Bruno for now and decide on the best three before the double Can't have them all and if you get the wrong one so be it. At least I have two attackers already.
Plenty of mid range strikers to switch to when it happens though or even Jesus himself if you've got a spare bit of cash.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cancelo is off? What's Pep playing at? They surely needed another top full back, not binning him off.

troylocker

I'm having so many thoughts on how to get the max out of my squad the next few GWs:

Current state:

Kepa (Ward)
White, Shaw, Trippier (Ake, Bueno)
KDB, Bruno, Rashford, Odegaard, Mitoma
Haaland, Kane (Ferguson)
1,0M ITB and 2 free transfers

Concidering the following:

Downgrade Ake to Lewis to free up anther 1,1M this week and roll the extra trensfer to next week.
Then do the unconventional Kepa to Pickford/(Guaita) to free up the 0,1M needed to also go Ferguson to Nketiah giving me this team for GW23:

Ward (Pickford)
White, Lewis, Trippier (Shaw, Bueno)
KDB, Odegaard, Rashford, Bruno (Mitoma)
Haaland (Triple C), Kane, Nketiah

This'll give me a lot of great fixtures for the next few GWs and plenty of time to get rid of 1 or 2 of Shaw, Bruno, Mitoma before the GW25 blank. Might be fine playing 10 players only that week.

Thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm having so many thoughts on how to get the max out of my squad the next few GWs:

Current state:

Kepa (Ward)
White, Shaw, Trippier (Ake, Bueno)
KDB, Bruno, Rashford, Odegaard, Mitoma
Haaland, Kane (Ferguson)
1,0M ITB and 2 free transfers

Concidering the following:

Downgrade Ake to Lewis to free up anther 1,1M this week and roll the extra trensfer to next week.
Then do the unconventional Kepa to Pickford/(Guaita) to free up the 0,1M needed to also go Ferguson to Nketiah giving me this team for GW23:

Ward (Pickford)
White, Lewis, Trippier (Shaw, Bueno)
KDB, Odegaard, Rashford, Bruno (Mitoma)
Haaland (Triple C), Kane, Nketiah

This'll give me a lot of great fixtures for the next few GWs and plenty of time to get rid of 1 or 2 of Shaw, Bruno, Mitoma before the GW25 blank. Might be fine playing 10 players only that week.

Thoughts?
Pickford? I think I'd rather just get Iversen and play Ward all season. Personally I think you'd be better off keeping the 2 keepers you have and find the funds from elsewhere. The trouble in your set up is you're giving yourself a benching headache every week with that front 8. Downgrading Bruno in 23 to free up funds for Nketiah makes more sense to me. I'd probably get a bench filler midfielder who will play in 25. Andreas and Bailey still the best picks here.

JP77

Triple captain this week on a United player? Looking at the fixtures I'm not seeing many other amazing weekends to use it really?

It's probably this week, next week on Haaland for his DGW or wait until Arsenal's DGW with the Everton game? I'm really leaning towards Rashford for this week but shit scared of the double pain of the TC flopping as well as United/Rashford.