Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno only if you are really badly chasing. Else it's Marcus.
Yep, moved it that way after having Bruno as a place holder early week.

Hopefully Martial doesn't kick me in the ass for holding him for weeks then ditching pre double!

Cornish

Thoughts on my wildcard team?

Sanchez
Trippier/Shaw/Robertson
Rashford/Odegaard/Bruno/Martinelli/Mitoma
Haaland/Kane

Bench: Ward/Nketiah/Mings/Lewis

- Bruno will change to Mahrez for GW23
- Mitoma to someone in GW24
- Gives me 11 players for GW25 (providing Lewis plays but that’s a gamble based on budget constraints)

I’ll then reverse the GW24 transfer and bring Mitoma back for GW26 and then reassess and start preparing for 28 & 29

Bristol_Red_87

DDG in for Fabianski or Bruno for Mahrez?

Option 1 has a bit more longevity but I fear could backfire spectacularly as I'll be doubling up with Shaw.

I don't like the second option much as I'll literally reverse the transfer next week when I already have plans to ship Walker out.

paulscholes18

Might need to make early transfers for GW23, as I just have enough to go Bruno and Almiron to KDB and Mahrez.

Dan_F

I thought this week was an obvious one to just bring in two United players. Then I noticed I’d have six players missing with Newcastle, Cancelo and Toney.

Think I’ve got myself into a bit of a mess as I bought Toney in two weeks ago without realising he blanked, I have Brandon Williams on my bench from the restart as I couldn’t fund anyone else, so I can’t do Cancelo to Shaw.

How likely is using the wildcard going to leave me short for blanks later in the season?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I thought this week was an obvious one to just bring in two United players. Then I noticed I’d have six players missing with Newcastle, Cancelo and Toney.

Think I’ve got myself into a bit of a mess as I bought Toney in two weeks ago without realising he blanked, I have Brandon Williams on my bench from the restart as I couldn’t fund anyone else, so I can’t do Cancelo to Shaw.

How likely is using the wildcard going to leave me short for blanks later in the season?
I wouldn't want to be wildcarding this week but sounds like you're in a pickle. What's your actual team and transfer situation?

Woke up this morning with Toney regret. He's going to punish me isn't he? Should've binned Kane and got Nketiah in. :(

Dan_F

I wouldn't want to be wildcarding this week but sounds like you're in a pickle. What's your actual team and transfer situation?

Woke up this morning with Toney regret. He's going to punish me isn't he? Should've binned Kane and got Nketiah in. :(
Cancelo, Trippier, White, Digne (lol), Williams
Rashford, Martinelli, Almiron, Salah, Andreas,
Toney, Kane, Haaland.

Basically a mix of stupidity and switching off from fantasy football since the World Cup led to this point. Annoying because I was 75k at the World Cup break.

There’s issues wherever I look and even taking a -8 would only allow me to fix Cancelo, Williams and say Almiron. That’s still four blanks for 25.

The wildcard allows me to bring in the likes of Odegaard, Bruno, Shaw, Nketiah, Mitoma and still work back to a full team for 25.

SteveCoppellFan

Took a hit to bring in Nketiah and Bruno for Andreas and Kane.

Will probably bring in Mahrez for Bruno in GW23 which will help with the GW25 blank.

Rauður Djöfull

Not sure what to do

Team is
Kepa - Ward
Shaw - Trippier - Mee - Bueno - Patterson
KDB - Almiron - Andreas P - Martinelli - Rashy
Kane - Haaland - Mitro

Got two transfers and 2,9 million

I want to get Bruno, Nketiah and Mitoma in but not keen on -4 points and I want rid of Almiron / Mitro / Andreas P

telstar96

Not sure what to do

Team is
Kepa - Ward
Shaw - Trippier - Mee - Bueno - Patterson
KDB - Almiron - Andreas P - Martinelli - Rashy
Kane - Haaland - Mitro

Got two transfers and 2,9 million

I want to get Bruno, Nketiah and Mitoma in but not keen on -4 points and I want rid of Almiron / Mitro / Andreas P
since it's a double gameweek for United, as long as you've got 3 United players, you can offset the -4 hit. You could even take a -8 to get more Arsenal and City players in the knowledge they have a DGW23 which again would offset any hits you take now. You've got plenty in the bank plus the 2 FTs. So 3 transfers for -4 or 4 transfers for -8 is definitely manageable given the double GWs.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Cancelo, Trippier, White, Digne (lol), Williams
Rashford, Martinelli, Almiron, Salah, Andreas,
Toney, Kane, Haaland.

Basically a mix of stupidity and switching off from fantasy football since the World Cup led to this point. Annoying because I was 75k at the World Cup break.

There’s issues wherever I look and even taking a -8 would only allow me to fix Cancelo, Williams and say Almiron. That’s still four blanks for 25.

The wildcard allows me to bring in the likes of Odegaard, Bruno, Shaw, Nketiah, Mitoma and still work back to a full team for 25.
I mean you could take a -4 this week and bring in 2 United defenders (Shaw and Varane/Martinez). Good chance of at least one cleanie.

And then a -4 next week to bring in an Arsenal and City player. Could move Toney to Nketiah to drop your GW25 blankers down again.

I'm not saying don't use the wildcard but think carefully because it's the last one you've got. Don't just look at these next 2 weeks and GW25 as the reason to use it because there will be bigger dgw's and bigger blanks later in the season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Put rashford as captain this weekend since we have 2 games. Hope it pays off. Was undecided who to go for out of trossard and Bowen but I went with Bowen. Not sure if trossard will start or not.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Put rashford as captain this weekend since we have 2 games. Hope it pays off. Was undecided who to go for out of trossard and Bowen but I went with Bowen. Not sure if trossard will start or not.
His expected ownership is gonna be huge this week. Lots of triple captains will be deployed and I am slightly jealous.

redcucumber

Seriously tempted to triple captain Bruno. Did it last year and it effectively won me my mini league. Currently 4th and chasing about 90 points. Then again, I doubt if anyone will triple captain Rashford either..

saivet

Current draft:

Sanchez
Shaw, Botman, Tippier
Rashford, Martinelli, Saka, Bruno
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Subs: Bazunu, Andreas, Beuno, Lewis

Pondering putting the TC on Rasford...

I have one free transfer and £4.8m in the bank, any ideas or recommendations? I want to bring in Mitoma for Andreas but I'll probably leave him on the bench so not sure it's worth it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
His expected ownership is gonna be huge this week. Lots of triple captains will be deployed and I am slightly jealous.
I used my triple captain on haaland last week when he got an hat trick otherwise I’d of probably done the same.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current draft:

Sanchez
Shaw, Botman, Tippier
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

I have one free transfer and £4.8m in the bank, any ideas or recommendations? I want to bring in Mitoma for Andreas but I'll probably leave him on the bench so not sure it's worth it.
Easy roll.

redcucumber

Current draft:

Sanchez
Shaw, Botman, Tippier
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Quality team, that. Think I'd want a Chelsea defender/GK in, though.

saivet

Easy roll.
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards but wondered if there are some obvious moves to make now.
Quality team, that. Think I'd want a Chelsea defender/GK in, though.
Cheers - might leave the transfer for now but certainly room to upgrade Bueno, Lewis or Bazunu at some points. I'll probably just wait until I'm forced to make a transfer to do those moves.

Dan_F

I mean you could take a -4 this week and bring in 2 United defenders (Shaw and Varane/Martinez). Good chance of at least one cleanie.

And then a -4 next week to bring in an Arsenal and City player. Could move Toney to Nketiah to drop your GW25 blankers down again.

I'm not saying don't use the wildcard but think carefully because it's the last one you've got. Don't just look at these next 2 weeks and GW25 as the reason to use it because there will be bigger dgw's and bigger blanks later in the season.
Surely bringing in two United defenders just fecks me more for 25? I’m still left with six blanks and only two free transfers. I could maybe bring in Shaw and a City defender, which might still allow me to have close to 10 players on 25, although I don’t think Digne gets back in the Villa team.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Surely bringing in two United defenders just fecks me more for 25? I’m still left with six blanks and only two free transfers. I could maybe bring in Shaw and a City defender, which might still allow me to have close to 10 players on 25, although I don’t think Digne gets back in the Villa team.
I'm thinking about maximizing the doubles. The week after I would change one of your United defenders to a City one and Toney to Nketiah. Then deal with Digne and Almiron in 23 and 24. Should be able to get 11 out of by then.

Red Star One

Current draft:

Sanchez
Shaw, Botman, Tippier
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Great team and I’d just roll. You’ll need those FTs to deal with a BGW soon

Dan_F

I'm thinking about maximizing the doubles. The week after I would change one of your United defenders to a City one and Toney to Nketiah. Then deal with Digne and Almiron in 23 and 24. Should be able to get 11 out of by then.
Yeah okay. So using the doubles as a way of negating the -4 and praying they get hauls.

Fabio Rochemback

Gut feeling to go with Bruno TC over Rashford. 4 goals vs Leeds last season, and surely we're due a penalty?!

SB16

Want to bring in Bruno but dunno whether to do it at the expense of KDB or Kane. Kane obviously more locked on for mins but Spurs performances always unpredictable (even though Kane himself is less so) - KDB has a double coming up in GW23 so would want to bring him in then anyway.

Plan is to get both Bruno and Nketiah. Any thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Want to bring in Bruno but dunno whether to do it at the expense of KDB or Kane. Kane obviously more locked on for mins but Spurs performances always unpredictable (even though Kane himself is less so) - KDB has a double coming up in GW23 so would want to bring him in then anyway.

Plan is to get both Bruno and Nketiah. Any thoughts?
I think you've answered your own question. All of us have been looking to get Bruno in this week at the expense of someone. I've managed to keep both Kane and KDB but the two I took out (Toney and Almiron) are nailed on to punish me. C'est la vie.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cannot decide on TC this week, next week, or save it for later
If you said who is more likely to score more out of Rashy and Haaland it'd seem a no brainer.
Rashy has better games though I suppose, but still feels a bit punty for a triple.