Fantasy Premier League 23/24

saivet

With TAA out, this is making for an interesting GW.

Current team is:

Martinez,
Gabriel, TAA, Porro, Doughty
Bowen, Foden, Saka, Gross
Watkins, Haaland​

Bench: Areola, Solanke, Palmer, Tosin

I could use TAA injury as a way to bring in Salah or KDB but the fixtures for all the midfielders look good, apart from Palmer (I wouldn't have enough funds).

An alternative way could be to take TAA out for £5.0m defender, Palmer out for KDB and Adebayo in for Solanke and do a bench boost.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Trent news is great for me. My rival going into the DGW with Walker, Foden, Haaland, Trent plus 2 FT's. Walker might not play both as well. I reckon he'll match up Jota (removing Diaby) and bring in VVD for Trent.

Nickosaur

That means I'll just go into the DGW with Jota from Liverpool. Would rather bring in a player who is available for GW26.

Sir Marcus

Told you Watkins was the best bet to bench! Hopefully you at least benched Solanke out of the others as 4 points was less than I was expecting from him.
Yes I left out Solanke!

I think I’m buying into your thinking re Villa - this week I need to drop one of Garnacho, Watkins and Solanke and definitely leaning toward leaving out Watkins…

What do you think?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Yes I left out Solanke!

I think I’m buying into your thinking re Villa - this week I need to drop one of Garnacho, Watkins and Solanke and definitely leaning toward leaving out Watkins…

What do you think?
Newcastle are leaking goals at the moment so I'd definitely start Solanke. Garnacho vs Luton seems like a stronger option than Watkins vs Fulham.

I'm torn between starting Bowen or Watkins this weekend. I'm 60/40 in Bowen's favour at the moment but I'll probably change my mind at least once before the deadline.

suheilsworld

Can't you just do the first two for -4? Don't see the need to sell Solanke for a hit, who is 100% coming back in our teams.
I’m leaning towards doublers over single GE players. Although I could keep Solanke on the bench as either ways he’s my sub as of now. If I get Toney, I’ll have to sub Garnacho off and he’s always hauled when I’ve benched him

Patchbeard

Apologies in advance everyone, committed the cardinal sin of bringing in Utd players by bringing in Garnacho and Hojlund.

(My track record of Utd players and fantasy football is abysmal, and I prefer watching our games without anything else riding on it as I'm such a manchild)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hadn't really considered Toney in all the City/Liverpool hype.

Is he worth a look, or is Liverpool H and City A a dreadful double? Plays the week after though.
Darwin a more obvious call, then misses next week.

Alvarez or Watkins out the decision. One a doubler but surely doesn't play 2x90 with Watkins starting a good run.

Awkward.
Could always do a -4 and bring a more high ceiling City player in for Palmer who has City away then a blank.

Moby

Dick
Alvarez or Watkins out the decision. One a doubler but surely doesn't play 2x90 with Watkins starting a good run.
I'm in the same position, if I were to let go of the FOMO for a second I feel it's a bit late to get Darwin now given it's gonna take another transfer to move him out. But on the other hand, it feels like we got away with not owning him last gw, and if there was ever a way to get something out of that guy it would be a gw where he gets two shots to do something. Especially the Luton game could be a massacre. So there's definitely still upside. But then there's also Gapko, and Salah is coming back so can he benched for the Luton game? I won't be surprised and Klopp doesn't usually risk injuries to key players.

If I do get him I will probably sell Alvarez over Watkins, even when Alvarez has a double, mainly as his minutes are at risk now with KDB and Haaland back (although there's no evidence of that so far and he might just keep playing), but overall the fact his might miss some minutes and also mainly, with others back his output likely drops now while Watkins is still the main man in his attack. And also, I will sell Alvarez in a week or two anyway, but Watkins has to be in the team till 29 no matter what.

So yeah it's super tricky and it's to consider whether Alvarez for next 3 games is gonna score lesser than 4 points compared to Darwin for this gw and then Solanke who will come in for him in 26 saving me a transfer later. Can easily go either way that.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson

Tracking someone's gran's funeral itinerary is absolute peak FPL
I love the "May his grandmother rest in peace, but" part, when what they really mean is whether their triple captain is a safe bet.

JP77

I’ve been leaning away from using the TC this week tbh and this is pushing me even further away from it. The good news is that City play early Saturday so we should get news on Saturday. If he’s definitely starting that Brentford game then I’m leaning back towards TC on him :lol:

Edit: ignore that completely, they’re the late kickoff on Saturday ffs :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I’ve been leaning away from using the TC this week tbh and this is pushing me even further away from it. The good news is that City play early Saturday so we should get news on Saturday. If he’s definitely starting that Brentford game then I’m leaning back towards TC on him :lol:

Edit: ignore that completely, they’re the late kickoff on Saturday ffs :lol:
I wouldn't let the grandma stuff sway you either way. They're in a totally race at the end of the day so can't feck about too much.

The only thing making me hesitate is the chance to get the bench boost out of the way instead by transferring in someone for Palmer but again probably best to just keep it simple this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm in the same position, if I were to let go of the FOMO for a second I feel it's a bit late to get Darwin now given it's gonna take another transfer to move him out. But on the other hand, it feels like we got away with not owning him last gw, and if there was ever a way to get something out of that guy it would be a gw where he gets two shots to do something. Especially the Luton game could be a massacre. So there's definitely still upside. But then there's also Gapko, and Salah is coming back so can he benched for the Luton game? I won't be surprised and Klopp doesn't usually risk injuries to key players.

If I do get him I will probably sell Alvarez over Watkins, even when Alvarez has a double, mainly as his minutes are at risk now with KDB and Haaland back (although there's no evidence of that so far and he might just keep playing), but overall the fact his might miss some minutes and also mainly, with others back his output likely drops now while Watkins is still the main man in his attack. And also, I will sell Alvarez in a week or two anyway, but Watkins has to be in the team till 29 no matter what.

So yeah it's super tricky and it's to consider whether Alvarez for next 3 games is gonna score lesser than 4 points compared to Darwin for this gw and then Solanke who will come in for him in 26 saving me a transfer later. Can easily go either way that.
Sounds like it's the classic monitor everything until the last minute, see what other drop outs and situations arise.
Alvarez is frustrating enough playing up front, let alone deeper. But the idea of having him in place for a double then binning him, doesn't feel right either does it.

And doesn't need much remembering that until late on in recent games there weren't many points knocking about between him KDB and Haaland. But he's the worst explosive option of the 3 by far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This game is bloody madness, people doing flight trackers due to funerals now!

Moby

Dick
Sounds like it's the classic monitor everything until the last minute, see what other drop outs and situations arise.
Alvarez is frustrating enough playing up front, let alone deeper. But the idea of having him in place for a double then binning him, doesn't feel right either does it.

And doesn't need much remembering that until late on in recent games there weren't many points knocking about between him KDB and Haaland. But he's the worst explosive option of the 3 by far.
Yeah, it's a weird case, he's been rested in CL so will definitely play 2 out of next 3 games, and it was interesting that he was still taking corners with KDB on the pitch. He took 5 shots vs Brentford which is a lot, and one was a great save from Flekken. His xG fluctuates massively as well. City just have so many options back now, and he's selfless and lets others get the chances, which is weird for a forward.

Right now I think if I see the leak saying Darwin is starting I'll bite the bullet. Can easily backfire but whatever.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I'm a bit hamstrung by very limited funds having shoehorned both De Bruyne and Haaland into my team, so I can't do my Bowen for Jota swap.

Thinking of shifting out a bench defender for Connor Bradley to take advantage of the DGW for very little damage. The annoying thing is that I don't know if we'll play Gomez at right back as both have brilliant and Klopp might prefer experience.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So far i think i'm going with:

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Walker
Jota Foden Maddison Gordon
Toney Haaland (TC) Darwin

Bench: Turner, Udogie, Palmer, Estu

ROFLUTION

Do Liverpool usually get leaked lineups? Would be nice to decide whether to go for that Bradley fella or not. I might even bench boost instead of TC if he's chosen.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Any Pool defenders nailed on to play both games? VVD the only one?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Any Pool defenders nailed on to play both games? VVD the only one?
Robertsons spot might be safe in future weeks but don't know if he'll get both games as he's recently come back from a long term injury. Otherwise it's a lottery at this stage.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Robertsons spot might be safe in future weeks but don't know if he'll get both games as he's recently come back from a long term injury. Otherwise it's a lottery at this stage.
Cheers. Do you think VVD will play both games?