Fantasy Premier League 23/24

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
76 all in but red arrow
Took -4 hit replacing Rashford with Maddison in hope the latter will haul, but instead my points will be higher if i didnt replace him :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The average for the week is 72.

Seventy feckin two
That's an average of 3.2 for your remaining 10 players if Haaland gave you 40 (which I assume he did for most people). Alvarez, Son, Maddison, Mbeumo, Odegaard, Saka, Salah, Martinelli, ... all with returns so not that crazy even if you take into account the lack of clean sheets.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Aston Villa have a monster run of easy fixtures coming up but given they're injury-riddled and clearly no good at the moment I'm not sure who I'd want from their team. Twatkins has scored something like 1 out of his last 15, and I'm now thinking of selling Matty Cash if they're going to keep conceding goals. He's playing as a winger at the moment but that won't save him from -1s.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Also I think I'm going to Salah after getting a decentish month out of him. Between him and Haaland, you're perennially stuck with no money to make any other moves.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Wow. On 75 and red arrows all round :houllier:
My first red arrow of the season. 71 points after my -4
I expected I'd have a rough week with so many using their wildcards. No worries, I'll gain ground once I use mine.
GWR 4,500,000
OR 900,000

The Chelsea trio of Chilwell Disasi and Jackson were all epic failures. Rodri didn't help much either.

I'm finally joining the pack by bringing in Bruno. Besides one fixture 6 GWs away, United have a pretty easy schedule through the month of October. I'm just hoping ETH isn't losing control of these new young lads coming into the team. With United sitting in the bottom half of the table, this just might be the inspiration for these boys to start working together and getting balls on target.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Son in for Bowen. Logged off with this bus team

Leno
Chilwell Cash Udogie Trippier
Saka Maddison Son Sterling
Haaland Jackson

Subs: Areola, Mbuemo, Archer, Walker

Monitoring Hojlund.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Son in for Bowen. Logged off with this bus team

Leno
Chilwell Cash Udogie Trippier
Saka Maddison Son Sterling
Haaland Jackson

Subs: Areola, Mbuemo, Archer, Walker

Monitoring Hojlund.
I benched Mbuemo after bringing in Bruno
My concern with this coming fixture is that Newcastle have 10 yellow cards in their first 3 fixtures. Benching Mbuemo against a club that fouls so often could backfire.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I benched Mbuemo after bringing in Bruno
My concern with this coming fixture is that Newcastle have 10 yellow cards in their first 3 fixtures. Benching Mbuemo against a club that fouls so often could backfire.
Yeah 50/50 on playing him and benching Trippier in all honesty. I'll probably go with the attacker nearer the time or someone might get injured and take the decision out of my hands.

IrishRedDevil

Too many options.

Alisson - Areola
Saliba - Chilwell - Estupinan - Udogie - Andersen
Saka - Mbeumo - Sterling - Son - Diaby
Darwin - Haaland - Ferguson​

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
DGW7 is a go!

Luton v Everton (A) & Burnley (H)
Burnley v Newcastle (A) & Luton (A)

I actually don't mind a punt on Morris that week. Cheap enough for me to get him as 3rd striker and play him.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
That's an average of 3.2 for your remaining 10 players if Haaland gave you 40 (which I assume he did for most people). Alvarez, Son, Maddison, Mbeumo, Odegaard, Saka, Salah, Martinelli, ... all with returns so not that crazy even if you take into account the lack of clean sheets.
I dont think there's ever been a 72 week average... Maybe some double GW some year

BootsyCollins

Lost it and went on a wildcard.
So far draft is :
Turner-Areola
Saliba-Udogie-Trippier-Cash-Estu
Saka-Mbuemo-Son-Bruno-Martinelli
Haaland-Alvarez-Archer

Might change Saliba or Trippier to a cheaper one to do Martinelli to Ødegaard.
Or upgrade from Areola to Ederson.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
When is everyone going for WC ? Thought about doing it this week but it's not required

Gawge

Johnstone
Estu / Chillwell / Saliba
Maddison / Saka / Foden / Martinelli / Rashford
Wissa / Haaland (C)

Thinking of doing:
Rashford or Martinelli > Son
Wissa > Alvarez

Both a bit knee jerky but I do think are improvements.

AlexUTD

Johnstone
Estu / Chillwell / Saliba
Maddison / Saka / Foden / Martinelli / Rashford
Wissa / Haaland (C)

Thinking of doing:
Rashford or Martinelli > Son
Wissa > Alvarez

Both a bit knee jerky but I do think are improvements.
United have better fixtures the next 3 so Rashy probably going to score higher than Martinelli..

bond19821982

Swing of fixtures for a lot of teams, feels like a time you’d need to take a big hit to follow the teams who have all the good fixtures (if not wildcarding)
Fixture swing mainly. Get off Chelsea and arsenal players and get on Liverpool Villa and Brighton. I'm not set on it but if I feel like I really want Salah then has to be done then. But that's the earliest for me unless some injury crisis happens.
Cheers.

bond19821982

Is it worth me trading Bruno for Son? I fancy bringing in Son and making him Captain...
Don't think so. Bruno has better fixtures and Son has some tough ones. . Bruno is a beast when playing behind an actual striker.

Don't blame me if Son scores a hatrick now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I already have Maddison. Would you guys think that it's worth moving Foden to Son on top?

The Sheffield away game is great but he has a tricky two games after that with I think arsenal and Liverpool

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Feel like I have to take the punt on a No.9 Son at home to Sheffield United.

Haaland scored a couple against west ham last season, but they have started well and his record isn’t as good away from home.

This is definitely a week where the gamble could be worth it, and let’s face it, it makes the game a lot more fun.

Moby

Dick
I like how people want to captian Son because he scored a hat trick instead of Erling Haaland who... also scored a hat trick in addition to the 3 goals before that. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I like how people want to captian Son because he scored a hat trick instead of Erling Haaland who... also scored a hat trick in addition to the 3 goals before that. :lol:
Nah Sheff are very poor in the road and West Ham have had a brilliant start. Haaland also more prolific at home.

adkb

Ederson, Areola
Cash, Saliba, Estu, chilwell, baddock
Mad'son, Luis Diaz, Mbuemo, Mitoma, Saka
Watkins, Halaand, Hojlund

What do people think of this team? Plenty of bench options, plenty of rotation opportunities

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It'd be so Tottenham to suddenly slip up 0-1 to Sheff Utd wouldn't it.

Moby

Dick
Nah Sheff are very poor in the road and West Ham have had a brilliant start. Haaland also more prolific at home.
I get that, but all the reasons for Son being a good option like being in form due to scoring a hat trick, playing up front, playing in an attacking team etc are all easily more applicable for Haaland, who doesn't have any concerns like being a one week wonder, not playing up front or anything. We also don't 100% know if Son is on pens, which again is in no doubt when it comes to Haaland. So apart from the fixture, which usually doesn't really matter when it comes to Haaland, there's not really anything else where Son comes ahead.

Moby

Dick
It'd be so Tottenham to suddenly slip up 0-1 to Sheff Utd wouldn't it.
Nah, SHU is pretty bad and Spurs are on form so it's fair to expect an easy win. I'm just not there yet with Son in terms of captaincy with the various doubts on his chances of returning. Owning him will be enough for me.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I get that, but all the reasons for Son being a good option like being in form due to scoring a hat trick, playing up front, playing in an attacking team etc are all easily more applicable for Haaland, who doesn't have any concerns like being a one week wonder, not playing up front or anything. We also don't 100% know if Son is on pens, which again is in no doubt when it comes to Haaland. So apart from the fixture, which usually doesn't really matter when it comes to Haaland, there's not really anything else where Son comes ahead.
That's fair enough. Think it's still worth swapping Bruno to him? Or better for me to ride this GW out and then wait until they've played Arse and the scousers before getting him in after that? That would mean I can keep bruno and do Sterling to him instead.

Moby

Dick
That's fair enough. Think it's still worth swapping Bruno to him? Or better for me to ride this GW out and then wait until they've played Arse and the scousers before getting him in after that? That would mean I can keep bruno and do Sterling to him instead.
Well I kicked out Bruno from my team a while ago and I'm okay without him. As of now no idea what his role will be so can't really say. I think I'd keep Sterling over him but it's a lot of guesswork and all of them can bang. I think some will avoid Son because of the next two fixtures so not sure if you are in too much danger but he's someone who you get when he's hot and I have an easy sell in Martinelli so he'll come in for me.