Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I really like this. You look at it and see it’s got TAA, but it doesn’t feel like there have been big sacrifices to get him in. Good solid options in Haaland, Saka, Rashford, Shaw, TAA, Estupinan. Three punts are probably the maximum you would want early on but I think they are three with massive potential.

I think you are right about Joao Pedro too. Brighton are not the type of club to spend 30 million on a rotation option. Nkunku you would want to ride out until those excellent fixtures anyway and Son is an easy downgrade to any other midfielder in the game who isn’t Salah/KDB.
Thanks man!

Some tinkering options. Could get Colwill in for Botman (might do this actually for the first 5 games at least)

Could go:

TAA and Son

or

Botman and Salah, but I think the first is better.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thanks man!

Some tinkering options. Could get Colwill in for Botman (might do this actually for the first 5 games at least)

Could go:

TAA and Son

or

Botman and Salah, but I think the first is better.
I think first is probably better too, although Liverpool seem to be scoring (and conceding) a lot in preseason.

He isn’t in my draft at the moment but Son going toe to toe with Salah just one season ago stays in my mind. If he really did play with a hernia all last season and Spurs score more goals, he could be a massive bargain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Without TAA, the riches you can pack into your lineup are huge.

So TAA or not is the huge question.

I currently have Rashy and Bruno, but to get TAA in you'd probably need to downgrade one to a Foden, who at 7.5m could be incredible value from week 3 if he actually is on one of his regular spells.

I think i'm off the idea of Botman early doors though. They have some tough fixtures, and Botman doesn't do much beyond cleanies. He could well go down to 4.4m after a few weeks.

Maluco

Without TAA, the riches you can pack into your lineup are huge.

So TAA or not is the huge question.

I currently have Rashy and Bruno, but to get TAA in you'd probably need to downgrade one to a Foden, who at 7.5m could be incredible value from week 3 if he actually is on one of his regular spells.

I think i'm off the idea of Botman early doors though. They have some tough fixtures, and Botman doesn't do much beyond cleanies. He could well go down to 4.4m after a few weeks.
It comes down to the difference between 5.5 mids and 5.5 defenders for me. I can’t see a Stones/Martinelli combo doing worse than a TAA/5.5 mid combo over the first 5 gameweeks.

If you go TAA, I think you try and go 4-4-2.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It comes down to the difference between 5.5 mids and 5.5 defenders for me. I can’t see a Stones/Martinelli combo doing worse than a TAA/5.5 mid combo over the first 5 gameweeks.

If you go TAA, I think you try and go 4-4-2.
Just Haaland up front could work, then you could still pile the midfield and have TAA.
Brave though, in case Pep throws a curve ball and rests him, leaving you with pony filler.

Maluco

Just Haaland up front could work, then you could still pile the midfield and have TAA.
Brave though, in case Pep throws a curve ball and rests him, leaving you with pony filler.
Maybe trying to slice off a mil somewhere and getting Joao Pedro on the bench could work. £30 million for a team like Brighton, you would think he has to start most games.

SteveCoppellFan

I did try the 451 option but it did not end well.

The 352 option with one main attacker is something ive been looking into and seems quite interesting.

Problem is ... too many transfers are going to happen between now and GW1 therefore its not worth spending too much time going over variables right now.

Maluco

Flekken

Estupinan
Ake
Gabriel
TAA

Saka
Martinelli
Rashford
Foden
Maddison

Haaland

Subs Areola, João Pedro, 4.0 Def, 4.5 Att

That is a decent go at the 4-5-1, I think. Stacked midfield, decent backline and the security of a bench option.

If Kane were to go, would be tempted to change Maddison to Richarlison and put Ake up to a 5,5.

paulscholes18

See that Raul Jimenez has gone for his FPL price 5.5M, maybe we shoul bid 14m for Haaland :lol: .

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
Hi guys...long time lurker in the caf and for couple of years in this FPL thread.:)

Onana
TAA - Estupinian - Gabriel
Maddison - Mbeumo - Bruno - Saka - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus

Areola
Botman
Bell

Any thoughts?

Maluco

Hi guys...long time lurker in the caf and for couple of years in this FPL thread.:)

Onana
Haaland - Jesus

Areola
Botman
Bell

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the thread mate, it’s a good laugh over the season.

You can’t go too far wrong with that team, although I would avoid Botman at the start. Newcastle might concede over first few games and people will sub out Botman and you could use value. Maybe start with someone lesser owned with a few decent fixtures like Pau?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Onana
Haaland - Jesus

Areola
Botman
Bell

Any thoughts?
Strong all round lineup.
Just no Rashy would be my concern.
Our run is strong at the start of the season.

But TAA is the crunch call isn't he. Its probably him or a bigger mid 5. Or sacrificing a 2nd strong forward

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have kept my team very stable for the last week.

Onana Areola
Stones Estupinan Zinchenko Mings Botman
Rashford Bruno Saka Foden Mitoma
Haaland Jesus Surridge

I'm not 100% convinced of Stones inclusion, 5.5m is high for someone with rotation risk as everyone else in City's defence. Might go Ake instead, cheaper, or skip City defence altogether and invest elsewhere.

Unfortunately all teams are going to be virtually the same, at least in the first few weeks. They botched the prices so badly.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I have kept my team very stable for the last week.

Onana Areola
Stones Estupinan Zinchenko Mings Botman
Rashford Bruno Saka Foden Mitoma
Haaland Jesus Surridge

I'm not 100% convinced of Stones inclusion, 5.5m is high for someone with rotation risk as everyone else in City's defence. Might go Ake instead, cheaper, or skip City defence altogether and invest elsewhere.

Unfortunately all teams are going to be virtually the same, at least in the first few weeks. They botched the prices so badly.
Yep same as last season. The only real difference will be those who start with Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea players and those who don't.

Opening fixtures are too good not to triple up on the likes of City, Arsenal and United and then Brighton have Luton in GW1 at home so that's your template.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Luton were totally outplayed by Ipswich for most of the friendly yesterday btw according to a mate so expect them to get routinely clouted.

Moby

Dick
Morris & Adebayo this seasons Dennis and King. My body is ready.
:lol:

I haven't checked anything yet but I think the fact that all promoted teams stayed up last season makes it look like there will be a few fodder teams and big scores. Feels like the gulf between top and bottom half is quite big.

Edwards6

Anyone have a clue if Gakpo will start? Or I could just swap Gakpo and Enciso to Watkins and Elanga

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Anyone have a clue if Gakpo will start? Or I could just swap Gakpo and Enciso to Watkins and Elanga
Outside of Salah, Liverpool are a minefield to pick from up front. All of them are scoring in pre season as well. If I had to guess I'd think they would start with Salah, Diaz and Gakpo but the latter will be replaced by/rotate with Jota and Nunez a lot.

SteveCoppellFan

Flekken

Estupinan
Ake
Gabriel
TAA

Saka
Martinelli
Rashford
Foden
Maddison

Haaland

Subs Areola, João Pedro, 4.0 Def, 4.5 Att

That is a decent go at the 4-5-1, I think. Stacked midfield, decent backline and the security of a bench option.

If Kane were to go, would be tempted to change Maddison to Richarlison and put Ake up to a 5,5.
This is roughly were im heading, but have Bruno, Shaw and Stones instead of Ake, Gabriel and Foden.

Hence my 5th midfielder is not as good as Maddison.

Im holding fire on this 5th spot as i think there will be better options around 5.5 once transfers go through, someone like Gallagher perhaps ?

RedMist99

I looking at going 4-5-1

Pickford

TAA
Zinchencko
Stones
Estupinan

Rashford
Bruno
Saka
Odegaard
Mbueno

Haaland

Areola, Beyer, Archer, Surridge

The bench is pitiful but quite happy to have 3 defenders who could be out of position in midfield and 2/3 mids who will be forwards

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein what side/where is the Luton defence the most fragile? Considering either Mitoma or March, but would be the best to target the weaker side
Assume our backline will be like this:

--------------------GK-----------------------
-----Anderson--Lockyer--Bell------
Kabore----------------------------Doughty

Doughty bombs forward and plays like a winger. He is allowed to because Bell is quite quick and tactically aware enough to cover him.

Kabore and Anderson are new signings so unsure how they'll play/gel. Osho may start ahead of Andersen at the start but he's quite wreckless in the tackle.

For me, the right side is an unknown and might get targeted.

ROFLUTION

Assume our backline will be like this:

--------------------GK-----------------------
-----Anderson--Lockyer--Bell------
Kabore----------------------------Doughty

Doughty bombs forward and plays like a winger. He is allowed to because Bell is quite quick and tactically aware enough to cover him.

Kabore and Anderson are new signings so unsure how they'll play/gel. Osho may start ahead of Andersen at the start but he's quite wreckless in the tackle.

For me, the right side is an unknown and might get targeted.
Nice! Mitoma it probably is then. Cheers!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nice! Mitoma it probably is then. Cheers!
I will get Mitoma too. Hope he blanks. Luton comes above FPL. So weird to play this year considering my team is in the league and it hurts to target them although it's the best play. I haven't even made a team yet. Well, I have but just randomized.

ROFLUTION

I will get Mitoma too. Hope he blanks. Luton comes above FPL. So weird to play this year considering my team is in the league and it hurts to target them although it's the best play. I haven't even made a team yet. Well, I have but just randomized.
Yeah FPL is kind of conflicting. Do you reckon Luton have a chance of staying up or will they realistically be battered in a lot of matches? Potentially 5 at the back when defending reminds me a bit of Sheffield United one year, where they kept it relatively tight but also had very little going on in attack apart from Lord Lundstram

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Onana
Haaland - Jesus

Areola
Botman
Bell

Any thoughts?
Liverpool have tough schedule in first 4 or 5 games. So Trent (for that price) is a gamble.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah FPL is kind of conflicting. Do you reckon Luton have a chance of staying up or will they realistically be battered in a lot of matches? Potentially 5 at the back when defending reminds me a bit of Sheffield United one year, where they kept it relatively tight but also had very little going on in attack apart from Lord Lundstram
It's tough to say. I think it depends how Burnley, Sheffield, Bournemouth, Wolves and Everton get on. But I can see us losing a lot. We're ok on defense and attack but not brilliant in either at this level. Also, the way we play, most teams will see success after 60 minutes when our players are knackered.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Onana
Gabriel - Estupinian - Chilwell
Foden - Saka - Son - Rashford - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus

Subs: Areola - R. Henry - Baldock - Archer

I want to replace Foden with KDB coming back soon to either Trent and move to a 4-4-2 but I dont like the idea of spending so much on defence. Or I can replace Foden with Watkins and move to a 3-4-3 which I like better.

Any thoughts? @Maluco @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Onana
Gabriel - Estupinian - Chilwell
Foden - Saka - Son - Rashford - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus

Subs: Areola - R. Henry - Baldock - Archer

I want to replace Foden with KDB coming back soon to either Trent and move to a 4-4-2 but I dont like the idea of spending so much on defence. Or I can replace Foden with Watkins and move to a 3-4-3 which I like better.

Any thoughts? @Maluco @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein
Nice mix of templates and high ceiling punts. Chilwell, Son & Foden could be game changers and if they look shit, easy to replace.

0161_UNITED

First draft…
Martinez - Areola
Shaw - Estupinian - Botman - Pau - Kahore
Saka - Foden - Rashy - Bruno - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus - J. Pedro

@Moby @Dirty Schwein, et al., let fly.