Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Onana
Gabriel - Estupinian - Chilwell
Foden - Saka - Son - Rashford - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus

Subs: Areola - R. Henry - Baldock - Archer

I want to replace Foden with KDB coming back soon to either Trent and move to a 4-4-2 but I dont like the idea of spending so much on defence. Or I can replace Foden with Watkins and move to a 3-4-3 which I like better.

Any thoughts? @Maluco @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein
I don’t think you can go too far wrong with this team. I personally prefer Martinelli over Jesus because I think he is more clinical. If that gives you the excuse to do the Foden swap to Watkins, I think that would give you more peace of mind before the deadline.

Watkins is being overlooked for sure and it’s another guaranteed starter and penalty taker in your team.

Maluco

Anyone interested in a caf draft league?
I would be yeah! How would it work? I don’t think I have ever even messed with the draft part of the site.

Red Star One

Anyone interested in a caf draft league?
Could be fun, but how would that work? Never played a draft myself. We just create a separate team for the draft league, choose players and then proceed with no transfers until the end of the season?

Maluco

First draft…
Martinez - Areola
Shaw - Estupinian - Botman - Pau - Kahore
Saka - Foden - Rashy - Bruno - Mitoma
Haaland - Jesus - J. Pedro

@Moby @Dirty Schwein, et al., let fly.
I would be tempted to do Shaw/Botman to Gabriel or Zinchenko/Ake. Much better fixtures for the latter and you can always pick up Botman when his fixtures improve.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don’t think you can go too far wrong with this team. I personally prefer Martinelli over Jesus because I think he is more clinical. If that gives you the excuse to do the Foden swap to Watkins, I think that would give you more peace of mind before the deadline.

Watkins is being overlooked for sure and it’s another guaranteed starter and penalty taker in your team.
Yeah I'm starting to come round to Watkins more and more myself. They were very tidy last season and Watkins started to get some consistency in his returns. Only worry is the extra European matches this season. Not sure they have the squad for it.

Canuckred64

Fodden or Madison? Want to go with Fodden, but Pep's rotation makes me leery. I could change Jesus to Watkins and go with Martinelli. I have .5 in the bank.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
And on that subject I do think having an £8m striker at the start with Haaland is the way to go (so one of Wilson, Watkins, Jesus). Not only can you switch between them easily but you can jump on any of the Liverpool or Chelsea attackers in one move depending on who looks good.

Last edited:

Maluco

Yeah I'm starting to come round to Watkins more and more myself. They were very tidy last season and Watkins started to get some consistency in his returns. Only worry is the extra European matches this season. Not sure they have the squad for it.
It could be an issue, but they have added real quality, players that CL clubs have been linked with in the past. I think Archer could start some of the easier European games.

If I don’t punt on one of the Chelsea boys, I think I will be going for Watkins.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I would be yeah! How would it work? I don’t think I have ever even messed with the draft part of the site.
Could be fun, but how would that work? Never played a draft myself. We just create a separate team for the draft league, choose players and then proceed with no transfers until the end of the season?
It's a snake draft where every pick has to be made within 30-120 seconds. So we'll have to agree on a time that's suitable for everyone. If you're not able to participate during the draft you can also create a priority watchlist beforehand so you're automatically drafted players you want during your turn.

The point of a snake draft is that whilst the first one to pick will get Haaland, they'll be the last to go in round 2 so the advantage of having Haaland will hopefully be evened out.

They've got the full details here. During the season before the gameweeks you can bin off injured/shite players and pick up unselected players. We could also enable trades between players.

Ideally looking at 8-10 players.

Maluco

It's a snake draft where every pick has to be made within 30-120 seconds. So we'll have to agree on a time that's suitable for everyone. If you're not able to participate during the draft you can also create a priority watchlist beforehand so you're automatically drafted players you want during your turn.

The point of a snake draft is that whilst the first one to pick will get Haaland, they'll be the last to go in round 2 so the advantage of having Haaland will hopefully be evened out.

They've got the full details here. During the season before the gameweeks you can bin off injured/shite players and pick up unselected players. We could also enable trades between players.

I would definitely be up for that.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Interested too

Red Star One

Thanks mate, I didn’t know FPL facilitates this and I love that there’s no captain in this. I’m in!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Played draft last year and it doesn't work great for how FPL calculates points. It needs sprucing up a la any American sport fantasy game with key passes, tackles, etc scoring points. I think they've been dead lazy about its implementation tbh.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Jesus is more nailed as a starter isnt he? Also Watkins isnt that good with penalties. If Tielemans is on the field, he might take them.

RDCR07

Fodden or Madison? Want to go with Fodden, but Pep's rotation makes me leery. I could change Jesus to Watkins and go with Martinelli. I have .5 in the bank.
I have Foden and Son currently. If KDB is injured and if both Mahrez and Bernando leave, then I will keep Foden. Also IF Kane leaves, I downgrade Son to Richarlison and upgrade Foden to a Watkins.

Maluco

Jesus is more nailed as a starter isnt he? Also Watkins isnt that good with penalties. If Tielemans is on the field, he might take them.
I don’t think so, no. I think Martinelli is up there with Saka and Odegaard as their very best players. Trossard is very much a squad player. If anything, Balogun could press Jesus more for minutes as they need to keep him happy if they want to keep him.

That is a possibility with Watkins, yeah, but statistically, if you stretch out his Emery phase over the course of a season, he would have had a 200 point season in FPL. I think he is flying under the radar.

But like I said, I think your team is very good and those are just random opinions.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Today's (slightly) differential draft...

Onana
Stones Saliba Estupinan
Bruno Salah Saka Mbuemo
Haaland Jackson Jao Pedro

Subs: Areola Baldock Pau Nakamba

SteveCoppellFan

How about this.

Flekken

Pau
Botman
Wan Biss

March
Mitoma
Barnes
Mbeumo
Salah

Kane
Haaland

Areola
Tark
Baldock
Archer

RDCR07

Im intrigued by the Jackson-Nkunku connection. I think one of them will be in my team going into GW1 based on how they both have done so far in preseason. And Sterling and Mudryk for their price arent far behind.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Going with

Ramsdale

Cancelo
Saliba
Botman
Igor

Bruno G.
De Bruyne
Saka
Hojbjerg

Haaland
Mitrovic

Subs: Onana, Badiashile, Nkunku, MacAllister

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Onana / Pickford

Botman / Gabriel / Stones / Estupinan / Mings

Rashford / Fernandes / Saka / Eze / Mac Allister

Haaland / Watkins / Jimenez

Feel like all 15 will be starters, maybe except Mings, but I think he’ll play a lot.

Maluco

Onana / Pickford

Rashford / Fernandes / Saka / Eze / Mac Allister

Feel like all 15 will be starters, maybe except Mings, but I think he’ll play a lot.
I don’t think you need so much money on your bench. I would be tempted to go for Areola over Pickford (might start anyway), choose one of Botman/Mings and use that money to upgrade Mac Allister, possibly to a Bowen?

All but three of Mac’s goals last season were pens, which he won’t get at pool, whereas someone like Bowen is starting up front for West Ham in pre-season and looking good!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Ramsdale
TAA James Botman Shaw
Saka Bernardo Rashy
Jesus Haaland Nunes

subs: Areola, Colwill, Garnacho, Chukwuemeka.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don’t think you need so much money on your bench. I would be tempted to go for Areola over Pickford (might start anyway), choose one of Botman/Mings and use that money to upgrade Mac Allister, possibly to a Bowen?

All but three of Mac’s goals last season were pens, which he won’t get at pool, whereas someone like Bowen is starting up front for West Ham in pre-season and looking good!
That’s good advice, thank you. Made the following adjustments:

Onana / Areola

Rashford / Fernandes / Saka / Martinelli / Enzo

Downgraded Pickford to Areola giving me 0.5, then Mac Allister to Enzo which gave me another 1.0. Used the 1.5 to upgrade Eze to Martinelli (8.0). I don’t have any Liverpool players. I had thought about using the money to upgrade one of the defenders to TAA, or going to Luis Diaz at 7.5 instead, giving me another 0.5 to distribute somewhere. But settled on this for now, pending further feedback. Starting XI is

Onana
Botman, Stones, Gabriel, Estupinan
Rashford, Fernandes, Saka, Martinelli
Haaland, Watkins

subs: Areola, Jiménez, Enzo, Mings

That’s 4.0, 5.5, 5.0, 4.5 on the bench. But again, all of the subs are likely nailed on starters. I guess I could get a 4.0 midfielder and have another 1.0 to invest elsewhere. But I usually like to have one or two viable subs in case of two injuries or suspensions in a week and not having to take a hit for transfers.

Maluco

That’s good advice, thank you. Made the following adjustments:

Onana / Areola

Rashford / Fernandes / Saka / Martinelli / Enzo

Downgraded Pickford to Areola giving me 0.5, then Mac Allister to Enzo which gave me another 1.0. Used the 1.5 to upgrade Eze to Martinelli (8.0). I don’t have any Liverpool players. I had thought about using the money to upgrade one of the defenders to TAA, or going to Luis Diaz at 7.5 instead, giving me another 0.5 to distribute somewhere. But settled on this for now, pending further feedback. Starting XI is

Onana
Botman, Stones, Gabriel, Estupinan
Rashford, Fernandes, Saka, Martinelli
Haaland, Watkins

subs: Areola, Jiménez, Enzo, Mings

That’s 4.0, 5.5, 5.0, 4.5 on the bench. But again, all of the subs are likely nailed on starters. I guess I could get a 4.0 midfielder and have another 1.0 to invest elsewhere. But I usually like to have one or two viable subs in case of two injuries or suspensions in a week and not having to take a hit for transfers.
I think that’s a great team now! TAA is a big question for most people, but when you can have that midfield without him, and you see Stones fixtures, I think it’s viable to go without. Although it will probably all end in tears after a 20 pointer against Bournemouth :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Going with

Ramsdale

Cancelo
Saliba
Botman
Igor

Bruno G.
De Bruyne
Saka
Hojbjerg

Haaland
Mitrovic

Subs: Onana, Badiashile, Nkunku, MacAllister
Mitrovic is trying to angle a move to Saudi.
And what's your thinking with Cancelo? That Arsenal buy him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Are we thinking Onana will be picking up bonus points for his passing style of play?
Worth picking over Shaw to save 0.5m?

vic090482

First draft…
Onana- Areola
Mings- Bayer - Botman - Bell- Robertson
Saka - Baptist- Rashford - Bruno - Enzo
Haaland - Kane - J. Pedro

Any suggestions for improvement? Nothing left in the bank.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I want that. Can i play? Can i play? Pleeaseeee

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do we have Chelsea fan here? What is up with Sterling? I see him as a sub in friendly games.