Fantasy Premier League 23/24

SteveCoppellFan

Yeah the whole thing falls on it’s arse if Pedro flops.
Yeah, thats the problem if you get Salah in, Pedro flops and you have a right issue because the bench will not be great.

I think some are going for Pickford and Turner because they rotate well for the first couple of months, also means you can get Shaw in if you wanted.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Alright, second Salah draft. I'm desperate to keep all three Arsenal players in because of their easy fixtures, as well as Rashford and Shaw for similar reasons. My bench is absolute poo and I'll have a problem if someone's injured. I didn't really want Botman in there until Newcastle's run got better but I don't trust any other 4.5 defenders.

It's just nowhere near as fun as my non-Salah drafts. I was so keen on Maddison ffs.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I did wonder about this. Very little Ferguson talk. Do we think it's an either/or scenario regarding starts for these two?
Not at all. Pedro is best at #10 so could easily be a front 4 of Mitoma, March, Pedro, Welbeck which it was in the last friendly. Not sure if Ferguson is fit enough to start the season but if he is then it would be in place of Welbeck imo. I'd say Pedro is more in competition with Lallana and Enciso.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What’s your thinking behind Pickford? Many saves? Low xgc? Very torn myself between the 4.5 keepers and got Steele at the moment mostly due to fixtures
First 8 fixtures are very good, especially those home games (bar Arse) are ridiculous. Dyche ball is low scoring, sluggish hoofball. Much like Pope/Heaton at Burnley there could be many potshots from distance against a low block, cheap save points and bonus points. Wouldn't rule out 3-4 CS in the opening 8.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Thoughts?

Ederson

Estupinan
Gabriel
Shaw

Mitoma
Saka
Rashford
Odegaard

Haaland
Nunez
Watkins

Chuk, Mings, Bell, Macey

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
It could all change if we get confirmation that Kane is staying at Spurs.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just took a quick look at a threemium and it's surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be.

Sanchez (Turner)
Trippier Stones Gabriel (Maguire, Richards)
Salah Antony Garnacho Elanga (Ugochukwe)
Kane Halaand Raul

Duafc

Village Lemon

Current team, not loving triple Brighton, might lose Mitoma for a 7.0m

Could easily swap in Watkins or Wilson.

Keep making Kane/Salah teams but not crazy about them, I think you can do without Kane but if Salah is scoring well he's tough to get to, seems safer to start with him... Though I do fancy he might start falling off in general.

TheGame

Not at all. Pedro is best at #10 so could easily be a front 4 of Mitoma, March, Pedro, Welbeck which it was in the last friendly. Not sure if Ferguson is fit enough to start the season but if he is then it would be in place of Welbeck imo. I'd say Pedro is more in competition with Lallana and Enciso.
Wouldn’t Enciso start at 10 for them and Pedro up top over Welbeck?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Need one more Arse-player no?
You could definitely take Martinelli, it just leaves it really budget at the back and I think the extra 0.5m from Maddison is needed - it’s close though.

There’s basically three options for that 5th midfielder spot which trade off between defence and midfield.

If you take the Bruno (8.5m) option which is absolutely bare bones at the back.

Flekken
Gabriel - Estu - 4.5m
Salah - Mitoma - Rashford - Saka - Bruno
Haaland - Pedro

Subs: Beyer (4.0) Baldock (4.0) non-playing striker (4.5m​

That’s a valid team but it’s cutting corners all over the place. You literally can’t get a cheaper bench and even with a dog-shit bench it’s still pretty weak in terms of the starting defence - every penny squeezed into midfield.

The other options mitigate that slightly:

Bruno (8.5m) - as above
Martinelli (8.0m) - Flekken to Onana, or Beyer to 4.5m sub defender
Maddison (7.5m) - Onana and 4.5m sub def
Mbeumo (6.5m) - 4.5m def to Stones or Chilwell

ROFLUTION

First 8 fixtures are very good, especially those home games (bar Arse) are ridiculous. Dyche ball is low scoring, sluggish hoofball. Much like Pope/Heaton at Burnley there could be many potshots from distance against a low block, cheap save points and bonus points. Wouldn't rule out 3-4 CS in the opening 8.
Yeah thats sound reasoning. Only thing that puts me off from him is Villa and Fulham. I think they’ll score, but of course a bit easier without Mitrovic. Flekken also has decent fixtures overall but same problem with first two games: Spurs, Fulham (away)

My logic as of now is to go for Steele and transfer him to either Flekken or Pickford in gw3 or 4 as Steele has very nice two opening games in Luton and Wolves

ROFLUTION

Salah draft.

1.5 itb.

strategy: 1.5 itb to go from Joao Pedro to Jackson or from Garnacho to Mbeumo in case Pedro flops/doesnt start or Garnacho gets very little time

if both Garnacho ane Pedro does well, then I got 1.5 to jump on Chilwell or a City defender + Henry

redcucumber

Alright, second Salah draft. I'm desperate to keep all three Arsenal players in because of their easy fixtures, as well as Rashford and Shaw for similar reasons. My bench is absolute poo and I'll have a problem if someone's injured. I didn't really want Botman in there until Newcastle's run got better but I don't trust any other 4.5 defenders.

It's just nowhere near as fun as my non-Salah drafts. I was so keen on Maddison ffs.

This is by far the best Salah team I've seen. You could swap Flekken for Pickford and get Pinnock (Brentford) or keep Flekken and get a Villa defender in for Botman.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I expect 90% of teams will have some combination of Shaw, Gabriel, Estupian, Botman, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka, Martinelli and Haaland.

Basically we're looking at the differentials on the likes of the other players people went for. E.g. Bruno/Salah, Watkins/Jackson.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
This is by far the best Salah team I've seen. You could swap Flekken for Pickford and get Pinnock or keep Flekken and get a Villa defender in for Botman.
Oh wow, thanks! Those are beautiful words.

Yeah I did think about Konsa for the Bot Man. I might do until the Bot Man's got an easier fixture.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
I expect 90% of teams will have some combination of Shaw, Gabriel, Estupian, Botman, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka, Martinelli and Haaland.
This is why I find FPL so much duller than fantasy games in other sports. I can't believe we've all spent hundreds of posts discussing teams that are almost entirely the same. :lol:

And yet, I'm completely fecking obsessed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You'll need a bench of some sort.

Two dead forwards is never a good idea either. If Haaland misses a game you'll automatically be down to 10 men.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This is why I find FPL so much duller than fantasy games in other sports. I can't believe we've all spent hundreds of posts discussing teams that are almost entirely the same. :lol:

And yet, I'm completely fecking obsessed.
Yeah I couldn't even begin to tell you how much time I spent thinking about fantasy baseball compared to FPL. I might look at my team for 5 minutes and be on my way whereas I'm researching pitcher streaming options every morning for MLB.

I'm a nerd though and this isn't a game for nerds. It's a game for norms.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Any huge errors here? Not done this for ages.

Ferguson himself has said that he expects the Brighton forwards to be rotated regularly, which is why I didn't snap up what initially seemed to be a bargain.

Otherwise, you've got far too much quality on the bench. Get a few cheapie no-names in and use the savings on better players in your starting team.

Check out the Newcastle fixture as well. They've got their hardest run of the season in the first four weeks so it might be an idea to wait a month before picking up Newcastle assets.

Oooh get me, saying "assets" now. It's only my second season but don't I sound like a veteran.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
You'll need a bench of some sort.

Two dead forwards is never a good idea either. If Haaland misses a game you'll automatically be down to 10 men.
I was thinking I'd just pick up the 2 points on Baldock? Otherwise I'll have to do two transfers in a week and get someone in.

It seems to me everyone's got the same shit players on their bench.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein you reckon Luton will score against Brighton?

There's that energy of the first game in the premier league, but how good is the attack of Luton really? Pre season seems to be a bit of mixed potatoes
I can see us getting a goal, especially as Caicedo might not play and the promotion boost.
Yeah @Dirty Schwein tell me about Morris? Pen taker? He looks a good get out of jail card from Jao Pedro in GW4 so am interested to know if he can score goals in the PL.
Adebayo used to be the PK taker but Morris took the last few in the Championship, so it's probably him. I think he'll be ok and expect a 10 goal season. He'll most likely be our top scorer but Luton barely won too many games by more than 1 goal last season...

With that said, the addition of Giles could do wonders for Morris.
I did wonder about this. Very little Ferguson talk. Do we think it's an either/or scenario regarding starts for these two?
Ferguson and Welbeck will rotate with each other. Pedro will play directly behind as a 10. He can easily go down in price with a blank or if he scores, he can easily go up by 0.2 in one GW.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

ROFLUTION

I can see us getting a goal, especially as Caicedo might not play and the promotion boost.

Adebayo used to be the PK taker but Morris took the last few in the Championship, so it's probably him. I think he'll be ok and expect a 10 goal season. He'll most likely be our top scorer but Luton barely won too many games by more than 1 goal last season...

With that said, the addition of Giles could do wonders for Morris.

Ferguson and Welbeck will rotate with each other. Pedro will play directly behind as a 10. He can easily go down in price with a blank or if he scores, he can easily go up by 0.2 in one GW.
Cheers! Do you see Luton as an attacking team by nature, a defensive one? An allround one or a counter-attacking team?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Cheers! Do you see Luton as an attacking team by nature, a defensive one? An allround one or a counter-attacking team?
Under Nathan Jones we were playing a lot of counter attack football but once Rob Edwards took over, we switched to high energy play where we play long balls from the back and try to muscle our way through the opposition defence. Also reliant on set-pieces. We really don't hold possession much.

With that said, we have bought a lot of new attacking players who are quick and we expect to be defending a lot against most teams so I can see us switching to a counter attacking style once again.

ROFLUTION

Eugh, with Kane-bid accepted it'll be very template for most teams I suppose. Interesting development just before deadline. Wondering whether to have funds for Richarlison or not if he's the replacement up top.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
I believe last season they were the dullest, ugliest, most defensive team known to man but someone else can confirm.

Kryptonite

With Kane seemingly off, would you have any of Maddison, Son or Richard Arlison?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I believe last season they were the dullest, ugliest, most defensive team known to man but someone else can confirm.
A bit harsh considering we have one of the lowest budgets across the top 2 divisions.

@CassiusClaymore you asked about Morris... just be careful. We signed Ogbene at the start of the season who can technically play up top and today we just signed Jacob Brown from Stoke, so he will definitely get some time in strike. Think Adebayo will get subbed more than Morris but both Ade and Morris run around so much that I expect rotation.

We are a high energy team and you see the players out on their feet after around 65 minutes... that's usually when we will concede goals.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks
Penny pinching but it’s a good team. I’d probably go Martinelli over Watkins as fancy him to do better at that price point with those early fixtures. But makes your bench weaker as 4.5 mids are always stronger than the dross at striker.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
A bit harsh considering we have one of the lowest budgets across the top 2 divisions.
Fair enough. I'm all for teams with poor spending power playing their football like that. I didn't realise Luton were skint even compared to Championship clubs.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

@CassiusClaymore you asked about Morris... just be careful. We signed Ogbene at the start of the season who can technically play up top and today we just signed Jacob Brown from Stoke, so he will definitely get some time in strike. Think Adebayo will get subbed more than Morris but both Ade and Morris run around so much that I expect rotation.

We are a high energy team and you see the players out on their feet after around 65 minutes... that's usually when we will concede goals.
Assume you’ve been asked this before but what’s your view on Bell vs the other 4.0 defenders?

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
With Kane seemingly off, would you have any of Maddison, Son or Richard Arlison?
I would have the shit out of Maddison and am gutted I can't fit him in. Been sharp as feck in preseason apparently, and will be around better players heading into his peak. I think he's a cracking player and has a very attack minded manager to get the best out of him.

Spurs fans are apprehensive about how Son's going to fare under Ange's system as he's had to play wider than usual and it apparently hasn't suited him so far. This Kane transfer might change things, I'm not sure.