Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Charlie Foley

Onana (Forster)
Stones Lamptey Botman Gabriel (Taylor)
Salah Rashford Bruno Saka (Douglas Luiz)
Haaland Joao Pedro (Zeqiri)

should probably have gotten TAA in somehow but the numbers didn’t work out. Don’t trust Chelsea or spurs just yet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’re confident enough to trust Spurs and Rich without Kane?
Spurs will create chances under Ang, I think that's going to be a given. Rich in an attack minded team has weirdly never been seen in the PL. But going by his Brasil form he has the capability to do it in central areas.

Ive gone safe in every area on the team, he's my differential. Im gambling on a start but if he does get that, I have no doubt hel be in and among the chances.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Spurs will create chances under Ang, I think that's going to be a given. Rich in an attack minded team has weirdly never been seen in the PL. But going by his Brasil form he has the capability to do it in central areas.
Hmm fair. Is Rich a better option than both Maddison and Son given the latter two are far more proven in the league?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hmm fair. Is Rich a better option than both Maddison and Son given the latter two are far more proven in the league?
It's a tricky one re. Maddison because I think he'll be on the end of a lot of assists and is a certainty for minutes too. But I am punting on Richarlson to be the CF if Kane leaves, and if that's the case its like having a Rashford situation of last year, just on a smaller scale.

Son is too expensive and I see him cast out wide a bit. Unless Ang tweaks his system post Kane, or puts Son in that CF position, I don't see the value in it. As I say I'm just making a huge gamble - I'm not a great FPL guy so prob not one to consult with as much :lol: I'm going by a gut feeling here more than much else. If Richarlson gets solid gametime then 7m should be a steal.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It's a tricky one re. Maddison because I think he'll be on the end of a lot of assists and is a certainty for minutes too. But I am punting on Richarlson to be the CF if Kane leaves, and if that's the case its like having a Rashford situation of last year, just on a smaller scale.

Son is too expensive and I see him cast out wide a bit. Unless Ang tweaks his system post Kane, or puts Son in that CF position, I don't see the value in it. As I say I'm just making a huge gamble - I'm not a great FPL guy so prob not one to consult with as much :lol: I'm going by a gut feeling here more than much else. If Richarlson gets solid gametime then 7m should be a steal.
Yeah too many ifs and buts. I like differentials but I also like to not take too many chances to begin the season. I’m going to start with Bruno and Martinelli and if one of doesn’t do well then I downgrade to Rich and upgrade defense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah too many ifs and buts. I like differentials but I also like to not take too many chances to begin the season. I’m going to start with Bruno and Martinelli and if one of doesn’t do well then I downgrade to Rich and upgrade defense.
Yeah. Rich is my only differential player, I feel like I've gone safe as houses everywhere else:

Onana (Turner/Areola)

Gabriel, Estupinian, Chilwell (Bell, Baldock)

Martinelli, Saka, Fernandes, Rashford, Richarlson

Watkins, Haaland (Mubama)

I could always move Rich down to Mitoma/Eze if I really need to. Mitoma is the only one that I'm thinking "hmm, got to target Luton GW1".

Might be smarter to have Mitoma over Rich and then transfer Rich in if my theory on him being a CF checks out..

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
A decentish GK scores about 120/season. They costs 4.5 - 5.0

A decentish DEF scores about 100/season. They cost about 4.5 - 5.0

A decentish FWD scores about 90/season. They cost about 5.5 - 6.0.

Cheapish FWDs are overrated and cheap GKs and DEFs are underrated. This is why I invest in MF and FWD and not in GK and DEF

Last edited:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
What will Pedro (5.5) get? Last year he got 60 ffs. Now, what will Pickford (4.5) get? Last year he got 124

Pickford is most likely > Pedro in FPL, yet the latter costs 1.0 more

Chipper

Adulterer.
A decentish GK scores about 120/season. They costs 4.5 - 5.0

A decentish DEF scores about 100/season. They cost about 4.5 - 5.0

A decentish FWD scores about 90/season. They cost about 5.5 - 6.0.

FWDs are overrated and cheap GKs and DEFs are underrated. This is why I invest in MF and FWD and not in GK and DEF
Was just about to ask a stupid noob question relating to value.

The top defenders seem to get you more points per million spent. Why does it seem hardly anyone loads up on defenders, planning to play 4 or 5 week in, week out?

Midfielders ahead of forwards on the same metric - lots of people liking two up front?

Is it that defenders are harder to predict/less reliable?

I'm playing 3-5-2 because nearly everyone else is.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why are people going for Pickford over Brighton's new keeper Verbruggen? I'm assuming the latter is a stone cold starter..

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Was just about to ask a stupid noob question relating to value.

The top defenders seem to get you more points per million spent. Why does it seem hardly anyone loads up on defenders, planning to play 4 or 5 week in, week out?

Midfielders ahead of forwards on the same metric - lots of people liking two up front?

Is it that defenders are harder to predict/less reliable?

I'm playing 3-5-2 because nearly everyone else is.
3-4-3 is usually the most popular, because it's all about goals and assists. But when it comes to value, GK and DEF are where it's at. Since we need to go value with a 14 FWD, I'm going with 4-5-1. Many would disagree

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Most sites are picking Steele to start the first game.
Hmm, maybe the first. But I would be really surprised if they signed Bart for 16m with his skillet and not play him.

I have Verbruggen and Turner. Turner I imagine starts the first couple of gameweeks anyway to cover.

suheilsworld

Finally settled on

Onana (Areola)
Gabriel Shaw Estu (Beyer, Bell)
Saka, Martinelli, Rashford , Diaz, Richarlison
Haaland, Watkins (Pedro)

Chipper

Adulterer.
3-4-3 is usually the most popular, because it's all about goals and assists. But when it comes to value, GK and DEF are where it's at. Since we need to go value with a 14 FWD, I'm going with 4-5-1. Many would disagree
I suppose there's that sweet spot where it's alright having value, but you can be sacrificing total points if you go too far. Loads of midfielders scoring 175+ or close to it last season, but literally 1 defender who isn't guaranteed to repeat it.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I suppose there's that sweet spot where it's alright having value, but you can be sacrificing total points if you go too far. Loads of midfielders scoring 175+ or close to it last season, but literally 1 defender who isn't guaranteed to repeat it.
My point is more about GK+DEF > FWDs when it comes to value. MFs rule the game.

4-5-1

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
With Kane probably going, im gonna switch to this:

Flekken
Stones Gabriel Estu
Bruno Rashford Son Saka Mitoma
Haaland Darwin

Will probably change it 10 more times today

Son or Richarlison?
Also, Odegard & Watkins or Son & Darwin

Nickosaur

I think Caicedo improves Liverpool vastly. Salah hurts the rest of the team too much but I am considering Gakpo and Diaz..

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
Ok dead set on this...

Pickford
Gabriel-Shaw-Estupi-Stones
Saka-Rashy-Salah-Mitoma-Trossard
Haaland
4-5-1
Subs:Turner,Baldock,Mubama,Ui-jo

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not going to change my lineup but now that Caceido's in we might keep a few more clean sheets to go with Trent's other returns.

slored1

Richarlison goes straight into my team. 7.0 MF is worth the risk for a starting striker on a top 8 team.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I've tweaked a lot..

Currently:

Turner
Estpupian - Gabriel - Shaw
Saka - Richarlison - Salah - Rashford
Joao Pedro - Haaland - Jackson

Areola
Colwill
Baldock
Nkamba

Keepers are a risk but needs be i'll downgrade Gabriel to Botman and bring in a 4.5 keeper in a few weeks.

Tempted to go for Trusty over Baldock, not sure the best 4.0 defender and best 4.5 midfielder really.

This team has one of the key attackers from: City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Brighton. Missing Newcastle and Villa assets I suppose but still. Any thoughts would be great!​

K Stand Knut

Guess Kane’s move massively makes a difference to this game now.

I’m back square 1 with the news that has come out this morning. Caicedo and Kane moving are huge in my opinion