Fantasy Premier League 23/24

zinnaldo

I've thought way too much about this and ended up with a team that I can't decide if I like it or fecking hate it. Think I hate it?

Onana (Areola)
Estupiñan - Gabriel - Stones - (Botman) - (Baldock)
Salah - Saka - Mitoma - Richarlison - (Garnacho) -
Haaland - Jackson - Joao Pedro

Just swapped Eze for Richarlison. Got 1m in the bank. Feels really template still, just want to deploy that cash better.
I have gone with the Salah + Haaland option as well.

Onana (Turner)
Gabriel - Mings - Colwill - (Baldock) - (Bell)
Mitoma - Fernades - Saka - Salah - Rashford
Haaland - Joao Pedro (Mubama)

I really wanted Estupinan in, and Garnacho as a punt is something I reckon I'll kick myself for talking myself out of but I've always been an avid fan of overloading midfielders as they seem to score generally better when a team is scoring goals.

Eze / Richarlison - I think there are safer options in that midfield and I think its worth sacrificing defenders for it, especially with the games now potentially lasting 10-15 minutes longer than what we are used too. I read somewhere that around 12-13% of Expected goals were in overtime at the world cup, so in simple maths, your clean sheet probability is probably reduced by about 7-8% compared to last year (guesstimating numbers).

vodrake

Onana (Areola)
Estupiñan - Gabriel - Stones - ( Bell ) - ( Baldock )
Salah - Saka - Mitoma - Bruno - Garnacho
Haaland - Jackson - ( Joao Pedro )

Not sure about maybe downgrading Joao Pedro and swapping Jackson for Watkins or Gakpo + a 4.5 defender

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spent ages getting 100+ players into the work league, so time to make some last min plans.

Onana
Estu Stones Gabriel (Baldock, Kabore)
Rashy Bruno Martinelli Saka Mitoma
Haaland (c) Pedro Wissa

1.5m spare

Not sure on Pedro, might be one of those dodgy out of positions the wrong way jobs, but Wissa has a great run of games from week 2 on.
Also have 1.5m that could send Wissa to Gahkpo if Liverpool suddenly look incredible.

Concerns

No Shaw, who is a BP beast
No Liverpool - albeit their main 2 guys are hugely priced
No Chelsea, although the 1.5m could upgrade either of the 4m defenders to 5.5m Chilwell next week.

Any thoughts?

@Dirty Schwein @Samid @Moby @Maluco , everyone else?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Onana (Areola)
Estupiñan - Gabriel - Stones - ( Bell ) - ( Baldock )
Salah - Saka - Mitoma - Bruno - Garnacho
Haaland - Jackson - ( Joao Pedro )

Not sure about maybe downgrading Joao Pedro and swapping Jackson for Watkins or Gakpo + a 4.5 defender
Had the same back 7 as you but have just switched Areola to Turner as he'll play for now. Not sure why people think Areola will overtake Leno?

Suv666

Onana
Estu Gabriel Martinez
Salah Martinelli Bruno Foden Richarlison
Haaland Pedro

0.5 in the bank

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Spent ages getting 100+ players into the work league, so time to make some last min plans.

Onana
Haaland (c) Pedro Wissa

1.5m spare

Not sure on Pedro, might be one of those dodgy out of positions the wrong way jobs, but Wissa has a great run of games from week 2 on.
Also have 1.5m that could send Wissa to Gahkpo if Liverpool suddenly look incredible.

Concerns

No Chelsea, although the 1.5m could upgrade either of the 4m defenders to 5.5m Chilwell next week.

Any thoughts?

I would upgrade Wissa to Jackson. Chelsea also have good fixtures after week 1. West Ham is not a hard game for Chelsea to score.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Onana
Haaland (c) Pedro Wissa

1.5m spare

Concerns

Any thoughts?

That's similar to mine but I have chilwell instead of Stones and Maddison instead of Mitoma. Think Pedro is ok for the first two games then you can swap him out of he don't bang.

I think Shaw is good but I had him last year and he got subbed a lot. Think Onana should catch bps.

Liverpool are only good for attack and unless you have Salah... Too much risk.

jasT1981

Week 1 line up I think I have settled on.

Fabiniski
Gabriel - Schar - Mae - Shaw
Rashford - Casamero - Son - MacAllister
Haaland - Watkins

Bench - Ramsdale - Cucurella - D.Luiz - Solanke

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My team is so good that i even have James on the bench. It is so easy to create a team without Salah and Trent. :lol: :lol:

I am fecked

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Onana
Haaland (c) Pedro Wissa

1.5m spare

Concerns

Any thoughts?

I have gone through the same thing back and forward about Liverpool and came to the conclusion that it is Salah or nothing. Defence was terrible in preseason and Trent is sharing set piece duty. 2 players for 4 spaces just means the headache is too great for the others.

I also think it’s fine to cover Shaw with Onana, no problems there, especially with those tough away games.

I would be tempted to have Jackson over Wissa and then keep your 0,5 in the bank. He looked great in pre-season, but there are no guarantees that Chelsea don’t bring in someone else. I think his ceiling is way higher that Wissa though.

Chelsea’s fixtures are equally as good after the first game and it’s an easy move to Hojlund after 3-4 games if he is replaced.

Skills

Snitch
Pickford (Areola)
Gabriel Gvardiol Estupian (Botman) (Baldock)
Saka Bruno Richarlison Mitoma (Jota)
Haaland (c) Pedro Watkins

1.5m in the bank

Thinking of upgrading Baldock to James, to give me some flexibility for Chelsea from next week?

paulscholes18

Down to Onana, Mitoma and a 4.5 forward and 0.5 ITB or Johnstone, Mbeumo and Pedro leaning towards the later

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Pickford (Areola)

1.5m in the bank

Thinking of upgrading Baldock to James, to give me some flexibility for Chelsea from next week?
I think you're going to want in on Chelsea from GW2/3 so that's probably a smart move. Save you a transfer. Don't shoot me if he gets injured though

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Pickford (Areola)

1.5m in the bank

Bold to start Gvardiol given he hasn’t played a minute yet for City. Would save the headache and start James and upgrade/downgrade later once Gvardiol is set.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Week 1 line up I think I have settled on.

Fabiniski
Gabriel - Schar - Mae - Shaw
Rashford - Casamero - Son - MacAllister
Haaland - Watkins

Bench - Ramsdale - Cucurella - D.Luiz - Solanke
This is a definite re-do mate. Schar, Casemiro, Son, MacAllister, two starting keepers, an expensive (but still somehow shit) bench.

Get back here and re-do this before the deadline :D

Skills

Snitch
Bold to start Gvardiol given he hasn’t played a minute yet for City. Would save the headache and start James and upgrade/downgrade later once Gvardiol is set.
I was thinking Akanji started as soon as he transferred to City last season. But you're probably right.

saik

Think I'm about to settle on this.

Onana, Turner
Shaw, Estu, Saliba, Baldock, Beyer
Salah, Saka, Rashford, Mitoma, Chukwuemeka
Pedro, Haaland, Jackson

Shaw or Jackson will go out for Stones/Alvarez if there's any City team leaks before the deadline.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just messing about but here's a squad of players where none are over 20% ownership with £0.5m left in the bank. I present to you Differential Central....

Turner Ederson
Saliba Cash Chilwell Udogie TAA
Richarlison Diaz KDB Martinelli Trossard
Gakpo Wilson Jackson

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone tell me about this Udogie fella. Team, price, prospects.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have gone through the same thing back and forward about Liverpool and came to the conclusion that it is Salah or nothing. Defence was terrible in preseason and Trent is sharing set piece duty. 2 players for 4 spaces just means the headache is too great for the others.

I also think it’s fine to cover Shaw with Onana, no problems there, especially with those tough away games.

I would be tempted to have Jackson over Wissa and then keep your 0,5 in the bank. He looked great in pre-season, but there are no guarantees that Chelsea don’t bring in someone else. I think his ceiling is way higher that Wissa though.

Chelsea’s fixtures are equally as good after the first game and it’s an easy move to Hojlund after 3-4 games if he is replaced.
Could do Jackson and then if needs be upgrade Pedro to Wissa in a future week if he looks like a smash hit.

Nori-

Sorry if ive missed it but is there a code to join this websites prem fantasy league?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Onana
Stones, Estu, Gabriel
Martinelli, Saka, bruno, Rashy, Mitoma
Jackson and Haaland
Turner, James, Mubama, Baldock.

I expect Stones benched today. Pep must justify his reputation.

nazanto

Would appreciate if anyone can rate my team :D

Turner / Pickford
Saliba - Beyer - Estu - Mee - Mbe Soh
Saka - Eze - Salah - Rashy - Richardlison
Haaland - Joao Pedro - Raul Jimenez

I think the midfield is solid enough and plan to keep Saka, Salah & Rashy as long as I can. Haaland, well is Haalland and it seems for the current crop of strikers we have, he's the only which pretty much guarantee to score.

Canuckred64

Sorry if ive missed it but is there a code to join this websites prem fantasy league?
There are two redcafe leagues, one that's been around for a decade or more and another much newer. I don't know what the code is, my leagues just automatically restart. There should be somebody on here that can send you the code.