Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Bristol_Red_87

PS. Lascelles is my planned coverage till Botman is back, but I'd be moving him for a playing defender later.
I don't personally like the idea of WC'ing and putting yourself in a position to make a known change at the back in a few weeks. Of course you could just keep him as bench fodder, but seems a waste of a Newcastle defender.

I don't mind it so much if its from a team where you'll likely take no other players from, but its not unfeasible that you'd want three Newcastle players in a few weeks and then it's a side ways move?

Keep your 'fluid' changes for mid/fwd and some mid-term defensive back-ups for the bench?

Bristol_Red_87

Son cappers are mad.

VERY good chance he doesn’t even start, and guaranteed he’s hooked early.

If Spurs score 2 early goals and Son isn’t involved, Luton will try and shut up shop and Ange will hook Son ASAP and try and suggest injury in order to keep him from International Break.

Very risky captain choice imo. Trap material really.
Where is your armband going?

Bristol_Red_87

Onana (Turner)
Udogie - Cash - Andersen - Colwill (baldock)
Salah(c) - Diaby - Bruno - Mbueno - Maddison
Haaland (Morris - Pedro)

Do I need a WC ? No ft left
Would personally hold.

You've got a strong back 4. A lot of people (me included) have WC'd due to issues in defence.

saivet

Son cappers are mad.

VERY good chance he doesn’t even start, and guaranteed he’s hooked early.

If Spurs score 2 early goals and Son isn’t involved, Luton will try and shut up shop and Ange will hook Son ASAP and try and suggest injury in order to keep him from International Break.

Very risky captain choice imo. Trap material really.
Why? He's trained, club captain, Spurs aren't in Europe and they're already out of the League Cup. Unless there's something I've missed I don't see any reason for that to happen. I also think you're overstating Ange's influence in keeping him away from player for his national team. Son will likely want to, his country will want him to play too and I doubt the doctors are going to get in the way of it either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bigly issues my friends.
What am I doing with this crock? I'll probably do a wildcard over the international break I think.

Problems (bar crap form from United boys obviously!) in CAPS. I

Onana
ESTU BOTMAN GUSTO Saliba Kabore
Rashy Bruno Saka (75%) Maddo DIABY (75%)
Haaland Alvarez Morris

I've only got 2 starter defenders. Estu out? Cash, or Ugogie?
Or do I go in 2 defenders deep, and try and get Son in for one of the mid boys?

Take a -4 somewhere or basically hope to suck up this week, United finally kick in, then sort it in the wildcard?

@CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @Amir @anyone

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saka is in contention and there will be a late call on Diaby after training session tomorrow..

feck it, starting both..
No chance Saka doesn't play, but am nervous with Diaby.
Just one of those bastad players I never get it right with. Bench him for an 8 pointer, then when I start him he'll 1 point it.

Withnail

Why? He's trained, club captain, Spurs aren't in Europe and they're already out of the League Cup. Unless there's something I've missed I don't see any reason for that to happen. I also think you're overstating Ange's influence in keeping him away from player for his national team. Son will likely want to, his country will want him to play too and I doubt the doctors are going to get in the way of it either.
Rumours are that both himself and Maddison have been playing through injury. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.

My Captaincy is Maddison at the moment.

BarcaSpurs

He's had a knock but been back in training since Wednesday. With Perisic, Solomon and Brennan all out injured I don't think we have much choice, he'll start. Might not get the full 90 especially if we're winning though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't personally like the idea of WC'ing and putting yourself in a position to make a known change at the back in a few weeks. Of course you could just keep him as bench fodder, but seems a waste of a Newcastle defender.

I don't mind it so much if its from a team where you'll likely take no other players from, but its not unfeasible that you'd want three Newcastle players in a few weeks and then it's a side ways move?

Keep your 'fluid' changes for mid/fwd and some mid-term defensive back-ups for the bench?
Cheers mate, I think I'm thinking the same since, and I've just moved to Taylor as a set and forget bench fodder option.

troylocker

Bigly issues my friends.
What am I doing with this crock? I'll probably do a wildcard over the international break I think.

Problems (bar crap form from United boys obviously!) in CAPS. I

Onana
ESTU BOTMAN GUSTO Saliba Kabore
Rashy Bruno Saka (75%) Maddo DIABY (75%)
Haaland Alvarez Morris

I've only got 2 starter defenders. Estu out? Cash, or Ugogie?
Or do I go in 2 defenders deep, and try and get Son in for one of the mid boys?

Take a -4 somewhere or basically hope to suck up this week, United finally kick in, then sort it in the wildcard?

@CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @Amir @anyone
Ouch! What a mess, but why so afraid of taking hits? I got top 1k last season with 88 points in hits. I'm up to 28 points taken already this season. The points you lose on hits must be evaluated over multiple rounds and the transfers/TV you save up for the future can also be very valuable.
That team screams WC or a couple of hits at least. Without it you're playing 10 men at best, starting Kabore (most likely a 0 or 1 pointer) and most likely Morris against Spurs, an injured Saka (if his hamstring is hurt, he's not playing) and Saliba (very low chance of returns) against MC and Diaby might not play. Unless your (now) differential heroes in red comes to the rescue and provides a miracle, you're looking at a huge red arrow this weekend.

I'd easily take a -4 and make sure I'd have at least 11 players and as few Luton players as possible on the pitch.
If you're WC'ing next week then punting on Fulham, Spurs or Palace defenders and maybe even upgrade Morris to Darwin or something if you have the funds.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Not risking Diaby on wildcard. Going with Watkins as Villa cover.

WC will be:
Areola (Turner)
Cash—Udogie—Mitchell (Burn, Lamptey)
BowenSonMaddisonSalah (Chuka)
HaalandWatkinsHojlund

Mitchell and Burn rotate well for some tricky fixtures.
Going Hojlund as a punt over Alvarez and Nunez.

Over international break Alvarez is playing in Peru on the Wednesday at 3am, Nunez at 1am in Uruguay.
Then 3 days later Liverpool v Everton is the early Saturday kickoff. Alvarez Saturday match too.
Champions League etc is then back 3-4 days later.

Nothing can go wrong, until it all spectacularly all goes wrong again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ouch! What a mess, but why so afraid of taking hits? I got top 1k last season with 88 points in hits. I'm up to 28 points taken already this season. The points you lose on hits must be evaluated over multiple rounds and the transfers/TV you save up for the future can also be very valuable.
That team screams WC or a couple of hits at least. Without it you're playing 10 men at best, starting Kabore (most likely a 0 or 1 pointer) and most likely Morris against Spurs, an injured Saka (if his hamstring is hurt, he's not playing) and Saliba (very low chance of returns) against MC and Diaby might not play. Unless your (now) differential heroes in red comes to the rescue and provides a miracle, you're looking at a huge red arrow this weekend.

I'd easily take a -4 and make sure I'd have at least 11 players and as few Luton players as possible on the pitch.
If you're WC'ing next week then punting on Fulham, Spurs or Palace defenders and maybe even upgrade Morris to Darwin or something if you have the funds.
It's the wildcarding next week that makes me not want to take a hit to be fair.

I think there's every chance that whole midfield plays, so can probably swerve the Luton striker.
So it's probably just defence to be honest that needs Estu shipped to gain the max value of another player.

Not sure there's many certain cleanies knocking about to be fair. Botman should have been one, but picked badly versus the lankpot at left back, when both were 75%

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not risking Diaby on wildcard. Going with Watkins as Villa cover.

WC will be:
Areola (Turner)
Cash—Udogie—Mitchell (Burn, Lamptey)
BowenSonMaddisonSalah (Chuka)
HaalandWatkinsHojlund

Mitchell and Burn rotate well for some tricky fixtures.
Going Hojlund as a punt over Alvarez and Nunez.

Over international break Alvarez is playing in Peru on the Wednesday at 3am, Nunez at 1am in Uruguay.
Then 3 days later Liverpool v Everton is the early Saturday kickoff. Alvarez Saturday match too.
Champions League etc is then back 3-4 days later.

Nothing can go wrong, until it all spectacularly all goes wrong again.
Is this your wildcard over the internationals, or for this gameweek?
I never like to do a last day wildcard.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
So are we captaining Son, Maddison or Salah?
I think Son. Seems to be fit. Capable of a couple. 6 goals in 4 league games.
Salah will be good pick this week too, they’ll have their backs up after the Spurs game, Brighton haven’t kept a clean sheet this season. They’ll score 2-3 goals.

TrueRed79

Hate having a captain for the early kickoff, but theres no way i'm not going for Son this weekend. Luton are trash.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I might leave this group this year. Constantly hearing people call Luton trash is actually making me sad :(

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I might leave this group this year. Constantly hearing people call Luton trash is actually making me sad :(
You best avoid the LMS thread then because every week people are just picking whichever team Luton is playing against.

You knocked about 80 people out last week :lol:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Is this your wildcard over the internationals, or for this gameweek?
I never like to do a last day wildcard.
Already been done last Saturday night after another shambles weekend.

Points matter more of course but I’ve gained 0.9m this week and my WC team there could go up by another 0.5m tonight.

Watkins, Lamptey, Areola, Turner, Udogie and Cash are close to another rise.
Son, Watkins and Cash all up by 0.2m each this week.
If I had’ve left it to over the international break I wouldn’t be able to afford that team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Sorry Schwein. You will not finish bottom though. That'll be Sheffield Utd.
We're not in the bottom 3 and after Chelsea game, we've actually played ok. We got fecked over by VAR, which didn't give two stone wall pens against West Ham and Fulham, we lost both by 1 goal. Played excellent and got a point against a Wolves team that should have got points against United and beat City (although they got a player sent off), we beat Everton and also lost to Burnley due to a last minute goal. But the media (and people) out there talking like we're some Sunday league team. They probably don't even watch the match and just look at the score.

saivet

Rumours are that both himself and Maddison have been playing through injury. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.

My Captaincy is Maddison at the moment.
He's had a knock but been back in training since Wednesday. With Perisic, Solomon and Brennan all out injured I don't think we have much choice, he'll start. Might not get the full 90 especially if we're winning though.
Ah cheers, that makes sense. I think he'll almost certainly start in that case but only come off if it's very comfortable.

troylocker

So are we captaining Son, Maddison or Salah?
I'll put it on Haaland again, and I own Son and Maddison.

- Son will probably play 70ish minutes against a low block, where he has had a tendency to struggle a bit (0,16xG and 0,02xA against SHU). Luton has actually conceded the second lowest xG-against in the league at home.
- Maddison....against the low block and Spurs... (0,15xG and 0,22xA against SHU).
- Salah: Could be a great C-pick. It will not be a boring match, that's for sure. (Don't own him)
- Haaland had 2 goals and 2 assists against Arsenal in the PL last season....(City won 4-1 and 3-1)

stretford_oslo

Yeah I don’t like Son as a captain either because of how low Luton will be, plus the early fixture. Actually prefer Maddison over him atm.
Think I’m going with Salah.

Tibs

Captain Haaland…or risk it all and make Bruno captain.

He’s been shit for weeks and I think tomorrow (based on nothing) could be a turning point…

Haaland, or Bruno?

vic090482

Bloody hell! I've changed the team a million times - on a WC... the latest draft! What do you think lads?

Onana - Areola
Cash - Mitchell - Udogie - Burn - Lamptey
Saka - Bowen - Maddison - Bruno - Almiron
Watkins (C) - Hojlund - Haaland

Bank - 0,6

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bloody hell! I've changed the team a million times - on a WC... the latest draft! What do you think lads?

Onana - Areola
Saka - Bowen - Maddison - Bruno - Almiron

Bank - 0,6
I like it - burn and Mitchell will rotate well in fixtures. United double up might be overly positive though. Interesting you have gone for Bruno over Son?

I like how you've avoided a salah and Haaland combination too. I am personally thinking of ditching one and might well ditch Haaland :lol:

BootsyCollins

Team locked :
Turner
Cash-Udogie-Trippier
Öde-Diaby-Son-Bruno-Maddison
Alvarez-Haaland

Areola-Archer-Saliba-Estu(will be gone next week)

Dont know who to cap, right not its on Maddison but have a feeling Haaland will punish the ones(us) who starts to doubt him slightly.

vic090482

I like it - burn and Mitchell will rotate well in fixtures. United double up might be overly positive though. Interesting you have gone for Bruno over Son?

I like how you've avoided a salah and Haaland combination too. I am personally thinking of ditching one and might well ditch Haaland :lol:
You're right, I am hopelessly optimistic with United players. Aside from the injuries, persisting with Onana, Bruno and Rashford since the start till now is one of the reasons why I've been forced into using a WC this week.

Onana - Areola
Saka - Bowen - Maddison - Son- Neto

Bank - 0,2
Son, Maddison or Watkins for the armband? Maybe even Haaland :)

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Wildcard time!

This week's lineup:

Turner
Digne Cash Colwill
Neto Mbeumo Maddison Son(C) Salah
Watkins Haaland(VC)

Areola Archer Lascelles Kabore

Edit: Liking Liverpool, Spurs and Villa's next few fixtures so built it around that.

Last edited: