Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely. Steering clear of Chelsea resources until they put a run together - which they could well be doing now!
Trippier seems the absolute essential IN, another assist and 2 bonus.

Haaland has tailed off a fair bit, but would be super brave to ditch.

Watkins is on fire, and Diaby is no substitute
Salah the only real guarantee of something each week, but high value.
Difficult decisions to fit those all in.

0161_UNITED

Ugh, 43 all out, but took a -4 which ended up really needing to do when Saka didn’t play after all, so I gained +3 on transfers so it was really a -1 as opposed to playing the injured, suspended players I had…

I’ve ended up with an interesting side for next week and going forward. Haven’t played my WC yet…

Areola Turner
Udogie Cash Trippier Saliba Botman
Maddison Son Fernandes Mitoma Gordon
Álvarez Højlund Haaland

I may not WC for awhile yet and hold it…

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Trippier seems the absolute essential IN, another assist and 2 bonus.

Haaland has tailed off a fair bit, but would be super brave to ditch.

Watkins is on fire, and Diaby is no substitute
Salah the only real guarantee of something each week, but high value.
Difficult decisions to fit those all in.
Yeah I went for Botman but he’s been injured and trippier has been fire lately. One of Maddison/Son might be a good shout plus the above you listed as well.

Yeah no chance of removing Haaland.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Glad Haaland blanked after captaining Son. I did have Salah too but looking around I can't see many that capped him. Mostly got away with it.

50 points might be ok for the week.

saik

Quick whisk through a potential wildcard team. What do we think about this, with 0.3m to add

Johnstone, Turner
Trippier Gabriel Cash Gusto Kabore
Salah Son Maddo Mitoma Soucek
Haaland Alvarez Archer

Don't likes - non playing striker, Kabore, Gusto could be questionable. Going to be playing Soucek quite often.
Do like - Bit hitters Haaland, Son, Salah, Trippier combined.

Reasonable, or to get Salah should I be downgrading Son for a bit more coverage in defence/3rd striker?

@Moby @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein initial thoughts? Others too..
No Arse attacker? No Watkins? I like the front two actually but if you don't like non playing 3rd striker then maybe downgrade son to someone and upgrade Archer to Watkins or even Hojlund(:nervous:)?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couple of wildcard options.
What do we think about these

Johnstone, Turner
Haaland Alvarez Archer

LENO Turner
Trippier, Gabriel Cash Gusto BOTMAN
Salah NETO Maddo Mitoma Soucek
Haaland Alvarez ISAK

Second one feels a lot more rounded, more squad options,basically you lose Son, but gain a fuller squad.

@Moby @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein

What we reckoning about these?

A 4.5m mid instead of Soucek allows Watkins instead of Isak in team 2.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No Arse attacker? No Watkins? I like the front two actually but if you don't like non playing 3rd striker then maybe downgrade son to someone and upgrade Archer to Watkins or even Hojlund(:nervous:)?
I went too early with that post, as quickly did a Son-less version.
And yes, the Arsenal lack is big actually, that's not good.

Could easily switch Maddo to Martinelli, but then we have no Spurs attack.

saik

I went too early with that post, as quickly did a Son-less version.
And yes, the Arsenal lack is big actually, that's not good.
Yea, just seen your follow up post. Like that 2nd team more. I forgot about Isak, he is a good option as well but prone to being rotated with Wilson.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yea, just seen your follow up post. Like that 2nd team more. I forgot about Isak, he is a good option as well but prone to being rotated with Wilson.
Yep, some of us are still traumatised from having Isak instead of Wilson late last year.
So I'd prefer Watkins for his minutes.

Trying to see if there's a version with Martinelli and Maddo at the mo (whilst keeping Trippier, Haaland, Salah, Alvarez and Watkins)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Johnstone, Turner
Haaland Alvarez Archer

LENO Turner
Haaland Alvarez ISAK

Second one feels a lot more rounded, more squad options,basically you lose Son, but gain a fuller squad.

Prefer the one with Son. You can easily discuss him if needed but he seems great.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There is....

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier Gabriel Cash (Lockyer, Gusto)
Salah Martinelli Maddo (Soucek, Sarr)
Haaland Alvarez Watkins

One sketchy player has to play each week, but fits some big hitters in.

Ditching Salah obviously allows a lot more sway. But their run coming looks dangerous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Prefer the one with Son. You can easily discuss him if needed but he seems great.
Suppose for balance, could ditch Maddo to Martinelli for more coverage across the teams and can squeeze Soucek to Sarr which improves Kabore to Botman, giving more flex to be able to play 4 at the back.

Johnstone, Turner
Trippier Gabriel Cash Gusto Botman
Salah Son Martinelli Mitoma Sarr
Haaland Alvarez Archer

saik

There is....

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier Gabriel Cash (Lockyer, Gusto)
Salah Martinelli Maddo (Soucek, Sarr)
Haaland Alvarez Watkins

One sketchy player has to play each week, but fits some big hitters in.

Ditching Salah obviously allows a lot more sway. But their run coming looks dangerous.
Welcome to the world of having both Salah and Haaland in team. Need to make huge sacrifices elsewhere all the time. :lol:

Think it all comes down to whether you prefer strength in depth in midfield or have a big hitting 3rd striker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Welcome to the world of having both Salah and Haaland in team. Need to make huge sacrifices elsewhere all the time. :lol:

Think it all comes down to whether you prefer strength in depth in midfield or have a non-playing 3rd striker.
Trying to get Trippier in on top of the pair certainly doesn't help. But he looks more essential than both arguably right now.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was just looking at Doucoure's underlying stats. Very nice for a 5.5m midfielder.

4.87 xG on understat which is 4th in league but just the 3 goals so far. 2 goals in the last 3 though so could be finding his shooting boots. 0 assists but 1.53 xA.

I don't like his fixtures. Liverpool A, West Ham A, Brighton H in the next 3. One for the gamblers.

Edit: Better off with Gordon at 5.6m or Neto at 5.7m (I already own) I feel at similar price points but not too shabby.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Johnstone, Turner
Haaland Alvarez Archer

LENO Turner
Haaland Alvarez ISAK

I just had a look at what I would do if I had a wildcard and I can afford this...

Turner Areola
Trippier Saliba Cash Branthwaite Kabore
Salah Son Bowen Martinelli Gordon
Haaland Watkins Archer

Hope this helps :lol:

Moby

Dick

Johnstone, Turner
Haaland Alvarez Archer

LENO Turner
Haaland Alvarez ISAK

I was thinking of WCing in 10 but still thinking if I should do it in 9. No idea about who I want though!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just had a look at what I would do if I had a wildcard and I can afford this...

Turner Areola
Trippier Saliba Cash Branthwaite Kabore
Salah Son Bowen Martinelli Gordon
Haaland Watkins Archer

Hope this helps :lol:
That actually looks a decent coverage. Could trim 0.5m on Saliba to Gabriel to in order to improve that defence.
Have to sacrifice Alvarez to get Watkins.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That actually looks a decent coverage. Could trim 0.5m on Saliba to Gabriel to in order to improve that defence.
Have to sacrifice Alvarez to get Watkins.
Yeah even better. Gabriel + Palace defender or Van Der Ven for a good bench/rotation option in defence.

You'd have the best attacking options from Liverpool, City, Spurs, Villa, West Ham and strong options from Arsenal and Newcastle.

Moby

Dick
Wait a week. If you hear that Diaz/Saka isn't starting take a 1 week punt on someone else. Excellent fixtures all around there with 10 home games.
That's the plan. Might lose some value but better to WC into good fixtures.

Not having Salah is an issue though. But then again it's captain Haaland next week so you really need Salah in 10.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Best 4.5m defender to bring in for a few weeks?

I've got Colwill, I'm thinking Van de Ven.

Colwill = Arsenal H, Brentford H, Spurs A, City H, Newcastle A

Van de Ven = Fulham H, Palace A, Chelsea H, Wolves A, Villa H

If I do it I'll have actually tripled up on Spurs and Villa players. :houllier:

Edit: Only other options I'm seeing are Guehi, Mitchell, Boly, Tarkowski, Coufal. Coufal probably the best of that lot with Villa A, Everton H, Brentford A, Forest H, Burnley A.

So Van de Ven or Coufal?

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah even better. Gabriel + Palace defender or Van Der Ven for a good bench/rotation option in defence.

You'd have the best attacking options from Liverpool, City, Spurs, Villa, West Ham and strong options from Arsenal and Newcastle.
I must have a shocking team value as even doing a 4.6m mid instead of 5.6m Gordon, I'm still 0.9m off this team even leaving 4m Kabore and 4.2m Gusto in.

Probably doesn't help I've lost about 0.6m on the United boys.
Might be worth one last hurrah with their players then ditch pre City!

Chipper

Adulterer.
I must have a shocking team value as even doing a 4.6m mid instead of 5.6m Gordon, I'm still 0.9m off this team even leaving 4m Kabore and 4.2m Gusto in.

Probably doesn't help I've lost about 0.6m on the United boys.
Might be worth one last hurrah with their players then ditch pre City!
If it's any consolation you're not the only one. I just did that Colwill to Van de Ven swap and I'm on 99.4m value with nothing in the bank. Persisting too long with Bruno, Rashy and Onana plus sleeping on Gabriel to Saliba (did it just before week 3 deadline when Gabriel was 4.9, sell price might even have been lower and Saliba was 5.1) cost me a fair whack.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
52 all out. Feel I slightly dodged a bullet as a Son capper. No Salah and Haaland did nothing anyway so no biggie.

Definitely need to get him in though for the Liverpool run. Don't fancy anyone else.

Again it might be risky but I'll probably take my first hit of the season to shift Saka and Sterling on to Mo and Gordon. Martinelli in the week after for Maddison. Gonna have to go Watkinsless v Luton but they seem pretty hard to break down at home so that might not be a huge worry for me.

Guy ahead of me in the mini league has a very strong front 7 of Salah, Son, Bruno, Diaby, Watkins, Alvarez, Haaland so very hard to keep in touch with him never mind close the gap. Feel I have to get in Salah to stop him running away but no Arsenal or Newcastle attack is where he's vulnerable. I also want Bowen in around gw11/12 so might jump off Villa (Diaby) early before their fixtures swing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That's the plan. Might lose some value but better to WC into good fixtures.

Not having Salah is an issue though. But then again it's captain Haaland next week so you really need Salah in 10.
I would think about that. Salah against Everton isn't a bad shout for captain either.

SteveCoppellFan

Last season I won our cash league and my wife was around the bottom three, obviously I did a little bit of heckling :)

This season .. we reach the 2 week break and I am currently 16/31 and my wife is 27 points clear at the top after scoring 82 points this week.

The heckling has begun .. and Im in for a long 2 weeks :(

Moral of the story .. do not heckle your wife.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Also I'm finding Alvarez at a really annoying price point to move up to anyone else other than Hojlund. When I say anyone else I mean Watkins or Isak. Don't think any other strikers are worth looking at right now.

Paul_Scholes18

Having an awful season, but doing Bruno, Onana and Saka to Salah, Neto and Turner for a hit was a good move.

All my transfers except 1 has been gaining me points in the next 2 weeks, but I am still ranked 900k.

The issue is starting with Bruno and Rashford and due to having them both and Saka and Martinelli not having the money for Watkins so I started with Jackson for Chelseas easy fixtures.

Moby

Dick
I would think about that. Salah against Everton isn't a bad shout for captain either.
Yeah but would you go against Haaland at home vs a team that concedes in every game? Both are great options but my point is that I don't really need to go against Haaland captain this week, so I can go without Salah another week which could obviously swing again in his favour but I don't think that itself is enough reason to get the Wildcard out.

RedDevil@84

Easily the worst FPL season ever. Down and out in all my MLs. My WC didn't work. My captaincy choices backfires. I seem to be 1 week late on almost every player or a player I drop starts getting points immediately. It happened in previous FPL too, but this season, it seems to be happening every week with multiple players.

Ahmer Baig

I literally suck at this thing. Bench Sterling, sell Isak and Salah. And then this week they all perform.