Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I thought I panicked a little when I wildcarded early before GW8, thank feck I did because the price drop in the players I had and the increase in the ones I wanted to get in, I'd have been in serious shit.

Rolling the transfer this week with 1.1 currently in the bank

Turner

Udogie, Cash, Burn

Diaby, Son, Maddison, Salah Neto

Haaland, Watkins

Subs: Colwill, Taylor, Archer

Provisional captain on Salah, but could easily be Son or Haaland tomorrow.

Rolling the transfer allows me to takw out Diaby and Neto for Saka and some midfielder worth 5mill.

I could also just to a straight swap with Maddison and if I wanted change Diaby to Mitoma.

eitherway, current plan is Saka in for GW10. My team is solid enough for the fixture runs I think for the next few gameweeks.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why would you want Szobo in your FPL team? Great player, but bad FPL pick.
Tsimikas is on my watchlist, but I won't go there before I know that Klopp goes for him over Gomez on LB.
Third best attacker at Liverpool currently, no rotation risk and 3 home games coming up. On corners roo.

I need to take a -4 to get him in. I'm taking him in next week in my WC

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see fantasy scout don't have Alvarez to start this week. Anything to suggest he won't? He did last time his mob had an international game.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
So I really don't want to captain Haaland, but the thing is, he will be top scorer this season. And if I don't captain him when he scores it will undermine all those times I captained him when he didn't score.

What to do... What to do...

Triple captain Haaland

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Prefer option 2 by far. Don't think it's even an arguement. Just need some arsenal cover in there.
turner - areola
cash - taylor - tsimikas - burn - porro
salah - mbuemo - maddison - gordon - bowen
watkins - haaland - archer

wildcard - help me brother

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
turner - areola
cash - taylor - tsimikas - burn - porro
salah - mbuemo - maddison - gordon - bowen
watkins - haaland - archer

wildcard - help me brother
Turner is fine for now but be prepared for him to lose his place soon as they have another GK they bought waiting in the wings. Turner has done ok so should survive a little longer

I like the defense. Dunno if Tsimikas will 100% play all games but you got enough cover there for sure so no worries.

I would not have Mbeumo personally, he is the weak link in your attack. He might do well against Burnley and has pens so not end of the world but without Toney AND Henry, Brentford look to be in trouble going forward. If you have the funds, would make sense to upgrade him.

You might also want to consider an arsenal attacker with the fixtures they have upcoming, especially Sheffield. One is definitely a must.

A solution could be to downgrade Watkins to Alvarez and upgrade Mbeumo to one of Martinelli/Odegaard/Saka (reverse order of my preference).

Apart from that, I would have a team like this if I was using WC right now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Turner is fine for now but be prepared for him to lose his place soon as they have another GK they bought waiting in the wings. Turner has done ok so should survive a little longer

I like the defense. Dunno if Tsimikas will 100% play all games but you got enough cover there for sure so no worries.

I would not have Mbeumo personally, he is the weak link in your attack. He might do well against Burnley and has pens so not end of the world but without Toney AND Henry, Brentford look to be in trouble going forward. If you have the funds, would make sense to upgrade him.

You might also want to consider an arsenal attacker with the fixtures they have upcoming, especially Sheffield. One is definitely a must.

A solution could be to downgrade Watkins to Alvarez and upgrade Mbeumo to one of Martinelli/Odegaard/Saka (reverse order of my preference).

Apart from that, I would have a team like this if I was using WC right now.
Much appreciated

ROFLUTION

I see fantasy scout don't have Alvarez to start this week. Anything to suggest he won't? He did last time his mob had an international game.
They're usually quite good at predicting the front line of Man City, so as an Alvarez ower that worries me a bit too. I'll stick though. He's been talismanic to them, so Pep will probably realize he needs him when it's 1-1 in first half.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arieola
Tsimikas - Trippier - Cash
Neto - Salah - Son - Bowen
Watkins - Alvarez - Haaland

OR

Areola
Tsimikas - Burn - Cash
Mitoma - Salah - Son - Bowen - Maddison
Watkins - Haaland

Subs for both teams are all 3.9 non playable scrubs.

@Sandikan @bond19821982 @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Dirty Schwein
Probably preferred the first for the greater attack and Trippier elements.
But @mobes take about Martinelli into team 2 is a good shout.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tsimikas or Burn?

In a climate of having Cash & Saliba who should start, and Gusto and Luton gub less certain. (Botman probably doesn't play this week)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Prefer option 2 by far. Don't think it's even an arguement. Just need some arsenal cover in there.
Interesting cause Neto has pretty much scored as much as Mitoma has and Alvarez has scored as much as Maddison has so they cancel each other out but Trippier has outscored Burn comfortably. At least that was my thinking.

RDCR07

Tsimikas or Burn?

In a climate of having Cash & Saliba who should start, and Gusto and Luton gub less certain. (Botman probably doesn't play this week)
Tsimikas for now since he is cheaper and has better fixtures. Good differential provided he starts the next 3 games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Interesting cause Neto has pretty much scored as much as Mitoma has and Alvarez has scored as much as Maddison has so they cancel each other out but Trippier has outscored Burn comfortably. At least that was my thinking.
I look more at xG then actual goals etc. Neto xGI has been very low and his current output is not sustainable. Brighton will start a great run of fixtures soon.

Alvarez and Maddison is quite equal but I prefer the safety of the latter's minutes.Watkins is a great alternative to both.

Trippier is a great asset and I have him but he is nearly £7m. His attacking xGI is similar to Porro and Cash (with a much higher price tag) but his xGC is better than those two. So I prefer Porro/Cash + Burn over Trippier + someone super cheap.

But everyone plays different. I follow the stats but that doesn't always mean points but over the course of the season, it usually ladders up.

This season is an anomaly though as I have Luton bias and therefore am not as focused as other years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tsimikas for now since he is cheaper and has better fixtures. Good differential provided he starts the next 3 games.
Sod it, Tsim in.
Only Kabore I'm rucking off, so is an upgrade!

Have the wildcard to fall back on if needs be next week.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Team locked

Turner
Digne-Cash-Van de Ven
Mbeumo-Maddison-Son-Salah-Neto
Watkins-Haaland (c)

RDCR07

I look more at xG then actual goals etc. Neto xGI has been very low and his current output is not sustainable. Brighton will start a great run of fixtures soon.

Alvarez and Maddison is quite equal but I prefer the safety of the latter's minutes.Watkins is a great alternative to both.

Trippier is a great asset and I have him but he is nearly £7m. His attacking xGI is similar to Porro and Cash (with a much higher price tag) but his xGC is better than those two. So I prefer Porro/Cash + Burn over Trippier + someone super cheap.

But everyone plays different. I follow the stats but that doesn't always mean points but over the course of the season, it usually ladders up.

This season is an anomaly though as I have Luton bias and therefore am not as focused as other years.
fecking hell mate how do you NOT make those changes after reading that. Good thing I’m on a WC. Cheers!

Changed Alvarez to Maddison and Trippier to Burn but Martinelli or Maddison?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
fecking hell mate how do you NOT make those changes after reading that. Good thing I’m on a WC. Cheers!

Changed Alvarez to Maddison and Trippier to Burn but Martinelli or Maddison?
Like I said, it depends how you play the game. Neto might carry on with his purple patch and you'll be in here calling me a fraud :lol:

Martinelli v Madison is a tough call. If they both played 90 minutes then Martinelli every day. But the issue with him is minutes. He is fast more explosive though so depends on your risk appetite.

I would be inclined to try Martinelli as it gives you Arsenal cover and you already have Son (I think). If you don't have Son then it's genuinely a question of minutes Vs ceiling.

RDCR07

Like I said, it depends how you play the game. Neto might carry on with his purple patch and you'll be in here calling me a fraud :lol:

Martinelli v Madison is a tough call. If they both played 90 minutes then Martinelli every day. But the issue with him is minutes. He is fast more explosive though so depends on your risk appetite.

I would be inclined to try Martinelli as it gives you Arsenal cover and you already have Son (I think). If you don't have Son then it's genuinely a question of minutes Vs ceiling.
I’m starting with Maddison and Neto since Martinelli has Chelsea away and Mitoma has City away. I will bring in Mitoma for sure next week for Neto and Martinelli the week after for Maddison depending on how things.

Areola
Tsimikas - Burn - Cash
Neto - Salah - Maddison - Bowen - Son
Watkins - Haaland

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I’m starting with Maddison and Neto since Martinelli has Chelsea away and Mitoma has City away. I will bring in Mitoma for sure next week for Neto and Martinelli the week after for Maddison depending on how things.

Areola
Tsimikas - Burn - Cash
Neto - Salah - Maddison - Bowen - Son
Watkins - Haaland
Good luck mate. Just gonna say this (as I feel it needs to be said), going without Trippier can be a problem as his ownership is getting high and all he needs is one attacking return to get full bonus points. He is a magnet for bonus. Just depends whether you can do more damage spreading the money over multiple players.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I thought I panicked a little when I wildcarded early before GW8, thank feck I did because the price drop in the players I had and the increase in the ones I wanted to get in, I'd have been in serious shit.

Rolling the transfer this week with 1.1 currently in the bank

Turner

Udogie, Cash, Burn

Diaby, Son, Maddison, Salah Neto

Haaland, Watkins

Subs: Colwill, Taylor, Archer

Provisional captain on Salah, but could easily be Son or Haaland tomorrow.

Rolling the transfer allows me to takw out Diaby and Neto for Saka and some midfielder worth 5mill.

I could also just to a straight swap with Maddison and if I wanted change Diaby to Mitoma.

eitherway, current plan is Saka in for GW10. My team is solid enough for the fixture runs I think for the next few gameweeks.
Current plan I’m going with after some thinking

still rolling my transfer this week

transfers in GW10
Maddison to Saka
Udogie to Gabriel

Spurs fixtures are turning so the triple up is dangerous. Sheffield at home is a great time to get some Arsenal lads in.

transfer in GW11
Colwill to Tsimkas

Chelsea have a tough run so I’d likely be benching Colwill a lot, so getting in a Liverpool defender (if he starts the next 2 GWs and does well) with their fixture run is a no brainer. Can then bench both Burn and Gabriel for the Newcastle vs Arsenal game as Burnley at home to Palace could be a chance to use Taylor.

transfer in GW12
If cash allows - Diaby to Bowen. Likely I won’t be able to afford him, but that is a luxury move really. It depends on how Diaby does really, Mitoma a potential backup if I can’t get Bowen and Diaby is poor. Bowen has a decent fixture run, Mitoma isn’t bad either.

the above would give me good rotation options. A good 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 up to GW16-18

now watch it go tits up for me from tomorrow.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Alan Partridge

Can’t decide whether to start Cash or Tsimi.

I guess I should go Cash because he’s more nailed? Not sure