Fantasy Premier League 23/24

ROFLUTION

I think Pedro will be the more involved and they play opponents that sit low, so maybe a penalty here or there could happen. Scored yesterday and usually gets on the end of chances whether he plays up front or just behind. He is a bit Welbeck like (and I mean that in a good way)

But Ferguson might be a bit more clinical (but less involved). It's really 50/50 for me, but I'd pick Pedro to also clear up 0.7 more in funds. Don't shoot me if Ferguson does a hattrick again, but he has blanked ever since that hattrick.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think Pedro will be the more involved and they play opponents that sit low, so maybe a penalty here or there could happen. Scored yesterday and usually gets on the end of chances whether he plays up front or just behind. He is a bit Welbeck like (and I mean that in a good way)

But Ferguson might be a bit more clinical (but less involved). It's really 50/50 for me, but I'd pick Pedro to also clear up 0.7 more in funds. Don't shoot me if Ferguson does a hattrick again, but he has blanked ever since that hattrick.
Pedro it is then and I’ll 100% blame you.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah I'm avoiding Brighton strikers. Good points were made on here and ultimately I want nailed players in my starting 11 as I'm playing with 2 useless bench lumps in Archer and Kabore.

Salah, Saka, Son, Bowen, Mitoma, Haaland, Watkins is your ideal template front 7 if you can get to it. I think you can only get to this as well if you have good transfer value and you pick Turner/Areola and no Trippier.

If I had a wildcard still i'd probably would do it as just having that front 7 seems to guarantee points from somewhere every week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, think this is a decent balance now, with the main sacrifice just downgrading Cash and Saliba to Pau and Gabriel. Plus filler mid, meaning will mostly have to play 4-4-2

Areola (Turner)
Gabriel Trippier Pau Tsim Lascelles
Salah Son Saka Luiz (Sarr)
Haaland Watkins (Archer)

Did have

Saliba, Cash, Martinelli, Maddo and Alvarez in there instead, but no Haaland.

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @CassiusClaymore worth it just to take the risk of getting smashed by Haaland away?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ok, think this is a decent balance now, with the main sacrifice just downgrading Cash and Saliba to Pau and Gabriel. Plus filler mid, meaning will mostly have to play 4-4-2

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (Archer)

Did have

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @CassiusClaymore worth it just to take the risk of getting smashed by Haaland away?
It's fine but no flexibility to quickly jump on flavours of the month without doing two transfers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's fine but no flexibility to quickly jump on flavours of the month without doing two transfers.
Looking at it closer, I could sacrifice Turner to the 3.9m Brentford keeper, and squeeze Pau down to Veltman for Brighton's strong run.
That'd mean I could get 5m Palmer for Chelsea in great form, and have a proper 5 in mid - including 2 flavour of the months - Palmer and Luiz.

If anyone red hot came along I've got high value players in every position to bin too.

Sarni

As per Brighton fan:

Thanks. I think I'll go with Pedro, he's barely any more expensive than fodder strikers and gives me an option. I'll have Gordon in midfield and will most likely just rotate both of them, with 3 at the back.

Or I'll just go Bowen.

paulscholes18

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (Archer)

Did have

Luiz is on 4 yellows so he’s a suspension waiting to happen, can you go Archer to Osula and Luiz to Gordon or Sarr to Palmer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luiz is on 4 yellows so he’s a suspension waiting to happen, can you go Archer to Osula and Luiz to Gordon or Sarr to Palmer?
I've got 0.2m to add to the quoted lineup, so Sarr can go up to 4.8 as it stands, so need to tweak 0.2m from somewhere.

I'll probably take the Luiz risk playing Luton at home though, in his form.

Although Haaland and Alvarez aren't much difference in points as it stands, for 7m difference, having no Haaland just feels too "brave" doesn't it.
Especially against our lot. So i need to plug that gap, while not sacrificing any of Trippier, Salah, Son, Saka and Watkins.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (Archer)

Did have

I'm not really into this no Haaland movement tbh. He's still the top scorer this season and City haven't really clicked yet. Everyone will shit the bed when he gets his next hatty.

Moby

Dick
Of course Saka has gone up overnight and not Gabriel. :rolleyes:

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (Archer)

Did have

I'm not a No Haaland guy. That looks fine but I am also still think if I need to keep Trips or just get a better attacker.

For me it is mainly two decisions left:

One of Alvarez, Bowen, Martinelli and Mitoma. Who do you go for?

And do you go Trippier with a guy like Adingra or Cash with Mitoma.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Sorry I meant to quote this saying I managed to get him in somehow even though it was not predicted to go up. All my 0.0 drafts would have been up in the air if not. :lol:
I can still get him in. Just not sure I want to. Will be watching Spurs tonight so can just imagine the pain if Maddison hauls. Plus Arsenal have Newcastle away the week after. Prefer Spurs at home to Chelsea. I might have to grit my teeth with no Watkins and no Arsenal/Brighton attack this weekend.

Moby

Dick
I can still get him in. Just not sure I want to. Will be watching Spurs tonight so can just imagine the pain if Maddison hauls. Plus Arsenal have Newcastle away the week after. Prefer Spurs at home to Chelsea. I might have to grit my teeth with no Watkins and no Arsenal/Brighton attack this weekend.
It's ok to wait for 2 weeks if you had to sell Son but selling Maddison for the coming run is okay, for Saka at least. You have Burnley at home after Newcastle as well and SHU and BUR at home are two of the best games for any attack. I mean fecking Chelsea who couldn't score to save their lives smashed them. :lol:

If you can do Maddison to Saka for free it's an easy one for me. I hated losing Maddison as well but can't have them all and Arsenal are higher priority for now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
It's ok to wait for 2 weeks if you had to sell Son but selling Maddison for the coming run is okay, for Saka at least. You have Burnley at home after Newcastle as well and SHU and BUR at home are two of the best games for any attack. I mean fecking Chelsea who couldn't score to save their lives smashed them. :lol:

If you can do Maddison to Saka for free it's an easy one for me. I hated losing Maddison as well but can't have them all and Arsenal are higher priority for now.
It's -4 for me. If it was free I would do it but the Walker to Gabriel move was needed to free up the funds.

Moby

Dick
@CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @troylocker @RDCR07 @Sarni etc these are possibly my final options, could you please rank them in the order of preference?

Goalkeepers are the same so ignoring them.

A: (Template)
Cash, Gabriel, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Bowen, Gordon
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

B: Same but Mitoma over Bowen

Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, Gordon
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

C: Trippier and Mitoma
Trippier, Gabriel, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, Adingra
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

D: Trippier and Alvarez, no Mitoma
Trippier, Pau, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Adingra, 4.3
Haaland, Watkins, Alvarez

E: Mitoma and Alvarez, no Trips
Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, 4.3

Moby

Dick
Exactly. And the pain of Maddison hauling + a hit + knowing Saka has Newcastle next week is too much. Need to lock myself out of the app today.
On the other hand you can't really say which of the games Arsenal will go off, and this is one of the best games they will play all season so...

On WC I ditched Maddison for Saka last night, but I am ready to get on the wrong end of that as is the case with a lot of these dilemmas.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
@CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @troylocker @RDCR07 @Sarni etc these are possibly my final options, could you please rank them in the order of preference?

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Really tricky. A or B maybe. Probably A because Bowen is a 90 minute man in the league who usually ends the game playing up front in the last 20 minutes. I think fears about Mitoma's minutes are overplayed too mind but Bowen just feels more talismanic and safe. I think if you're keeping Haaland then the Alvarez drafts would be last. City are City but United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs in the next 5 aren't ideal. Could be a slip or two there. So yeah A, B, C maybe.

Moby

Dick
I think if you're keeping Haaland then the Alvarez drafts would be last. City are City but United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs in the next 5 aren't ideal. Could be a slip or two there. So yeah A, B, C maybe.
Thanks,

Yeah that is one of the main questions for me, I am 100% keeping Haaland so whether to also keep Alvarez or to go for a midfielder. I have been pretty high on Alvarez being a great pick which he is, but the fixtures are what they are and going with doubly City into those next 5 weeks except Bournemouth is tricky. It's just that City still have that upside in a game like Bournemouth while having an attacker in a match like West Ham vs Everton which is a dinosaur derby doesn't excite me much. So if I do ditch Alvarez I'd probably want Mitoma.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

You know I love a good template !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

For team B, would you not have another 0.7 or 0.8m to add? If you have Mitoma (6.5) over 7.4 or so Bowen?

I'd probably go Team C but confused how you can afford it versus Team B.
2 differences Trippier and Adingra over Cash and Gordon.

Not sure what prices you got in for
But Trippier 7m and Adingra 5 are 12m
And Cash 5.1m and Gordon 5.7m are 10.8

Even if you soaked up 0.6m cost increase value that's still a major difference.

Moby

Dick
For team B, would you not have another 0.7 or 0.8m to add? If you have Mitoma (6.5) over 7.4 or so Bowen?

I'd probably go Team C but confused how you can afford it versus Team B.
2 differences Trippier and Adingra over Cash and Gordon.

Not sure what prices you got in for
But Trippier 7m and Adingra 5 are 12m
And Cash 5.1m and Gordon 5.7m are 10.8

Even if you soaked up 0.6m cost increase value that's still a major difference.
Yeah I will have money left in Team B.

I got Trips at base price, and havent sold. I checked it again and I can get the team at 0.0.

Skåre Willoch

Turner - Areola
Cash - Trippier - Udogie - Colwill - Lamptey
Ødegaard - Son - Bowen - Neto - Almiron
Haaland - Watkins - Alvarez

I think I'm doing:
Son -> Salah
Trippier -> Gabriel
Almiron -> Palmer

For my first -4 of the season.

Going without Salah is to scary for me I think, even if it means getting off the Trippier train.

Any good advice against this? Or any alternatives? The above leaves me with 0,5 itb.

saivet

Current team:

Pickford
Cash, Trippier, Saliba
Mitoma, Maddison, Son, Diaby, Bowen
Watkins, Haaland​

Subs: Leno, Udogie, Morris, Lockyer

I really want to get Salah in my team and the easiest way to do it is by binning Trippier, Son and Morris for a -4.

I could also do Son to Salah and Trippier to Lascelles for no hit.

Considering doing Trippier to Tsimikas (or Burn), Son to Salah and Morris to Archer (or Wood). Any other suggestions?

No idea when I'll be using my wildcard but I'm relatively happy with my team apart from no Salah.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Current team:

Pickford
Cash, Trippier, Saliba
Mitoma, Maddison, Son, Diaby, Bowen
Watkins, Haaland​

Subs: Leno, Udogie, Morris, Lockyer

I really want to get Salah in my team and the easiest way to do it is by binning Trippier, Son and Morris for a -4.

I could also do Son to Salah and Trippier to Lascelles for no hit.

Considering doing Trippier to Tsimikas (or Burn), Son to Salah and Morris to Archer (or Wood). Any other suggestions?

No idea when I'll be using my wildcard but I'm relatively happy with my team apart from no Salah.
I have Burn myself but im not fussed on Newcastle's next matches Wolves A, Arsenal H, Bournemouth A, Chelsea H, Man Utd, Everton, Spurs.
Tsimikas looks better at this point. 6 of Liverpool's next 7 games, City aside, look good.

I havent had any Brighton attackers this season yet but if you're looking for a cheap striker then Joao Pedro might be worth a look especially with Welbeck out a while now.
They're coming into a good run of games as well

Sarni

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Haaland, Watkins, Archer

I'd go with D. I don't see major difference between Adingra and Mitoma, Trippier is awesome and gives you flexibility to move to virtually any defender if you wish.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Team locked in, no transfers this week

Areola
Cash-Digne-Van Der Ven
Neto-Mbeumo-Madisson-Son-Salah (c)
Watkins-Haaland

Turner, Lascelles, Archer, Kabore

Still very tempted by Haaland to Alvarez next week to bring in funds to boost the rest of the squad. I'll have 2 free transfers then.

Played with the idea of Son to Saka this week but am sticking for now.

Sarni

Bowen + Archer or Gordon + Pedro?

Do I need a good player on the bench and the headache of choosing or should I just go with Bowen?

The rest of the team:

Areola Turner
TAA Trippier Konsa Branthwaite Kabore
Salah Saka Son Mitoma (Gordon or Bowen)
Alvarez Watkins (Pedro or Archer)