Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Moby

Dick
Turner (team 1)
Cash Gabriel Saliba
KdB Garnashers Jota Palmer
Ahaland Watkins Donkey

Depending on Liverpool and City players sucks. Was v close to adding Hojlund instead of Nunez
Woah. That's a rare Turner sighting! Home Newcastle innit.

That frontline is ideal. Kinda good I don't have the money to ship Jalv out for Darw. Just chilling for now then all moves made.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I'm thinking of benching Bowen (Ars @ Home) for Carlton Morris (SHU @ Home) given Morris has managed 6 returns in five matches. Is this madness? He's a big, plodding striker for Luton Town.

troylocker

Any suggestions on who you might bench from:

Saka
Solanke
Palmer
Maddison
Foden
Watkins

Note that the league leader also has Saka, Palmer, Foden and Watkins currently..

Im leaning towards Solanke, Saka, Palmer or Watkins..?

Also need to chose 3 defenders from Burn, Brathwaith, Lascelles, Doughty and Mengi..

Help!
I’d bench Solanke and Lascelles (who won’t start) + Mengi (who’s injured and probably won’t play)
Solanke could definitely score and Bournemouth has a great record against Fulham though…

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Strategically to plan for the upcoming GW’s it actually makes more sense for me to get a Liverpool defender or midfielder (I already have jota) over Darwin. I can’t afford Trent (not sure he’s worth 8,5 anyway). Any suggestions?

I’d prefer not getting rid of Watkins or solanke for Darwin, due to Bournemouth’s DGW in 28, plus them not blanking, other then GW29. And Watkins is Watkins. All the rivals have him so it would feel like a big gamble to swap Darwin in for him. Moreso with Salah sniffing about soon enough. :nervous:

ROFLUTION

Strategically to plan for the upcoming GW’s it actually makes more sense for me to get a Liverpool defender or midfielder (I already have jota) over Darwin. I can’t afford Trent (not sure he’s worth 8,5 anyway). Any suggestions?
Robertson? Gomez seems out

ROFLUTION

Sorry, I edited my post but yeah, Robertson does seem the obvious choice, albeit I was concerned about his minutes with Gomez in the picture. Gomez picked up the flu, right?
Apparently. But Robertson would replace him again eventually I believe unless Tsimikas really shows something in training. Robertson got 30+30 minutes ish the last two gws so he should be ready for this and the double GW imo.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Apparently. But Robertson would replace him again eventually I believe unless Tsimikas really shows something in training. Robertson got 30+30 minutes ish the last two gws so he should be ready for this and the double GW imo.
Yeah my option this week is to go to a double Liverpool (with my double to city next transfer). Or I could do city first? I don’t have Foden and bowens been blanking. Really cost me not having Foden as all my rivals have him.

troylocker

Yeah, I picked Palmer too. He's in form. Wish I had Jota
Some comfort for us who don’t own Jota:

- he’s never been nailed in the team and will share minutes with the other attackers even when starting
- Salah comming back will take minutes from him
- he’s extremely injury prone
- he‘s overperformed his numbers to an unsustainable level since he came back from injury in January:
4 goals from 6 shots in the last 5 games (0,82xG total) 1,2 shots per game actually very low and totally unsustainable even for the best finishers in the history of the game.
3 assists from 7 key passes the last 5 games (1,07xA total) (For reference: in the same period Odegaard has 0 assists from 19 key passes and 2,53xA)
His numbers are actually not even a little impressive, plus I’d be very surprised if he plays anything close to 3 x 90 before everyone will get rid of all their Liverpool players.

In other words: not a must
That said, every player we don’t own might punish us.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Some comfort for us who don’t own Jota:

- he’s never been nailed in the team and will share minutes with the other attackers even when starting
- Salah comming back will take minutes from him
- he’s extremely injury prone
- he‘s overperformed his numbers to an unsustainable level since he came back from injury in January:
4 goals from 6 shots in the last 5 games (0,82xG total) 1,2 shots per game actually very low and totally unsustainable even for the best finishers in the history of the game.
3 assists from 7 key passes the last 5 games (1,07xA total) (For reference: in the same period Odegaard has 0 assists from 19 key passes and 2,53xA)
His numbers are actually not even a little impressive, plus I’d be very surprised if he plays anything close to 3 x 90 before everyone will get rid of all their Liverpool players.

In other words: not a must
That said, every player we don’t own might punish us.
What a comforting post :)

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Exactly the same as me as I just remembered I don't have money to go from Jalv to Nunez. So it's Watkins to that donkey or just hold.
Just realised I'd only be taking the hit now. 3 Liverpool, Palmer and Porro. Can take 1 out in 25 and 1 out in 26 and field 11. Taking a hit on a player now with burnley at home and an extra fixture next should pay for itself hopefully. Might captain the donkey too

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just wildcarded, didn't put too much thought into it. Got meself a well-rounded squad with 15 viable players plus triple Liverpool/City for the double.

Neto Areola
Alexander-Arnold Gabriel Saliba Doughty Branthwaite
Saka Jota Foden Palmer Garnacho
Haaland Darwin Alvarez

0.4m in the bank

Now to pick a team! Selection headaches here.

Edit: Benching Branthwaite, Garnacho and Saliba. Rolling with Doughty for Sheff Utd at home, Neto over Areola in goal.

Last edited:

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
My team for this week

Viccario
Gabriel Kabore Trippier
Foden Hwang Palmer De Bruyne
Solanke Haaland Darwin

Raptor flipping through tweets and @ The FPL Newsletter saying De Bruyne not starting
My first on the bench is Gross ~ Raptor says it's a very reliable source

hmmm
Considering benching KDB for Gross and last minute switch (C) Haaland to Darwin

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My team for this week

Viccario
Gabriel Kabore Trippier
Foden Hwang Palmer De Bruyne
Solanke Haaland Darwin

Raptor flipping through tweets and @ The FPL Newsletter saying De Bruyne not starting
My first on the bench is Gross ~ Raptor says it's a very reliable source

hmmm
Considering benching KDB for Gross and last minute switch (C) Haaland to Darwin
If that was Alvarez I'd bench him for Watkins.
But KDB we all know can haul off 20mins.

Does it make Haaland less of a cap choice over maybe Jota?

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
If that was Alvarez I'd bench him for Watkins.
But KDB we all know can haul off 20mins.

Does it make Haaland less of a cap choice over maybe Jota?
I wouldn't follow my line of thinking. It's a gamble going against Haaland
I'm just trying to make up for two consecutive small red arrows

My thinking is with KDB starting on the bench Haaland doesn't have the service into the box as much. Darwin has a possible chance of edging the big man

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Darwin captaincy shout? He's got to start hauling again some point.

Haaland in an early kick off without KDB doesn't feel right, also Everton are decent defensively.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was exactly my thinking
Reviewing Bunley vs Everton results... I think Burnley are more vulnerable.
Yeah feck it.
I took an 8 pt hit because i made idiotic moves before (one of my transfers this week was a sideways daft move too). I have an OK team but not perfect, and will risk a Darwin differential (C).

Done, feck all you Haaland Captainers

paulscholes18

Of cause KDB gets dropped when I bring him in, why didn’t I wait for team news then Jota would have came in.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Reluctantly did Porro+Bowen to Doughty+Jota. Think both the former two have great fixtures this GW but DGWs are a drug you can't avoid.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Still have to start with KDB in the 11 even after finding out he’s benched by Pep.