Fantasy Tournament: The Next Generation

Polaroid

All players born on or after 1 Jan 1990 are available for drafting. For the purpose of this competition, these players are judged based on their potential peak. Each manager gets to pick 11 players to form a squad.

Managerial openings for 8 teams (solo or joint managerial applications are welcome). No restrictions on voting but managers and their assistants should avoid tactical voting - gentleman's code.

Competition format is knock-out. Victor can pick up to 2 players from the losing side to replace his own.

Draft setup
* There are 11 rounds of drafting
* Drafting sequence
Round 1,3,5,7,9 - starts with Team 1 and ends with Team 8
Round 2,4,6,8,10,11 - starts with Team 8 and ends with Team 1
* You have 12 hours to post your draft pick. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
* Your draft pick is valid only after you have updated the overall list of picks.
* PM the manager next in line after you have made your pick
* After the draft is complete, match threads with polls will be started where each manager posts their match team, tactics and any persuasive arguments why their team has an upper hand over the opposition etc.

NM

I'd be happy to co-manage be an assistant. Not tackling this one on my own.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm happy to help as a co-manager. I'm always way more active at scouting players than making up tactics anyway.

NM

I'm happy to help as a co-manager. I'm always way more active at scouting players than making up tactics anyway.
great
NM, would you be fine with Snow as your co-manager?

Yep - works for me. It is very difficult for me to do games alone due to my time zone and working hours. Welcome aboard Snow! Let's chat via PM

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
can a neutral generate the drafting order with http://www.random.org/lists/
thanks

Ciderman
Cutch
VP
kps88
KM
Fergus
NM
Pol
If no one else helps out, here you go:

List Randomizer

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. Fergus
  2. Pol
  3. NM
  4. Ciderman
  5. KM
  6. VP
  7. kps88
  8. Cutch
Timestamp: 2013-10-14 17:44:06 UTC

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I will take Mario Gotze.

Fergus - Gotze,
Pol
NM
Ciderman
KM
VP
kps88
Cutch

NM

Damn - no time to do any research or anything??

Polaroid

I will go with Neymar

Fergus - Gotze,
Pol - Neymar
NM
Ciderman
KM
VP
kps88
Cutch

NM

feck's sake. Down to two players who I think are geniuses.. Give me just a few more minutes - internet problems at work!

NM

Ilkay Gundogan

Fergus - Gotze,
Pol - Neymar
NM - Gundogan
Ciderman
KM
VP
kps88
Cutch

Cider you are up

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol: we don't already have enough Messi vs. Ronaldo, we are now introducing "potential peak"

popcorngif

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Good pick NM, as far as our scouts know there are bugger all good midfielders out there

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's a lack of quality strikers in that age group. So I'll take Balotelli. Been excellent for Milan ever since he has joined them.

VP

I pick Varane.

Fergus - Gotze,
Pol - Neymar
NM - Gundogan
Ciderman - Alaba
KM - Balotelli
VP - Varane
kps88
Cutch

kps88

I'll take Lukaku

Fergus - Gotze,
Pol - Neymar
NM - Gundogan
Ciderman - Alaba
KM - Balotelli
VP - Varane
kps88 - Lukaku
Cutch

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol: we don't already have enough Messi vs. Ronaldo, we are now introducing "potential peak"

popcorngif
Sadly you're retired from these draft games. I'm sure you could have picked a 13 year old goalkeeper from Uruguay and sold him as potentially better than Lev Yashin :lol:.

I like the idea though, it'll be the usual who's more talented discussion we have in so many threads anyway and it's not that different from the who was better in their prime discussion. But at least there are new players involved who haven't been part of any of the former draft games and maybe we get to read about a few great talents who haven't played first team football so far and are therefore less known, could be interesting to follow their development the next years.

If anyone wants an assistant to talk a few names through, I'm glad to help out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sadly you're retired from these draft games. I'm sure you could have picked a 13 year old goalkeeper from Uruguay and sold him as potentially better than Lev Yashin :lol:.

I like the idea though, it'll be the usual who's more talented discussion we have in so many threads anyway and it's not that different from the who was better in their prime discussion. But at least there are new players involved who haven't been part of any of the former draft games and maybe we get to read about a few great talents who haven't played first team football so far and are therefore less known, could be interesting to follow their development the next years.

If anyone wants an assistant to talk a few names through, I'm glad to help out.
PM on the way!